How do I beat Candice,the snowpoint city gym leader?

1. Her frosslass is too powerful and none of my pokemon can beat it. It's blizzard attack keeps KO'ing them

User Info: ge754

ge754 - 7 years ago
    What pokemon and their levels do you have right now?

User Info: sora315

sora315 - 7 years ago

1. IF you have a LUCARIO:

The egg you received from riley on iron island will give great help. [Go get it now if you haven't] That egg contains riolu which will evolve into Lucario; Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Fighting types devour ice. Aura Sphere, Force Palm, and Close Combat will all work great.

IF you have a STARAPTOR:

Now if you're to lazy to raise a Riolu, Staraptor will be good enough. Most people catch Starly at the beginnig of the game so you SHOULD have one. It should've learned Close Combat by now and this is the key to beating Candice. If you've had the Staraptor for a long time teach it Return, which you should have as a TM. The idea is to use Close Combat then finish it off with Aerial Ace/Return. The problem is that Staraptor is weak to Ice so I don't reccomend this strategy. Remember that you have to be faster than Candice or you're in trouble.

IF you have HOUNDOOM/RAPIDASH/INFERNAPE:

I believe Houndour can be caught at Lake Valor [it evolves into Houndoom] at around Level 28. Ponyta [evolves into Rapidash] can be caught above Solaceon town which is around Level 19. Chimchar [evolves into Infernape] is a starter pokemon. These three are highly reccomended. Having the capability to learn Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fireblast; these three will demolish candice. The strategy is simple. Burn them into ashes.

And now, I wish you good luck.

User Info: AudaciousX

AudaciousX - 7 years ago 6 4

Answers

1. I found her really easy, use fire all the way flamethrower, fire blast, use sunny day to it will help you alot, i had a rapidash, garchomp with flamethrower and my infernape to wipe out her team , you need time and patience,

User Info: Nitemare667

Nitemare667 - 7 years ago 2 6
  2. Use Fighting Types or Fire Types

User Info: Weavilefan2000

Weavilefan2000 - 7 years ago 2 6
  3. When i faught candice i used my fire type pokemon, they were super affective aganst her
    try to put your strongest fire type pokemon because her pokemon are pretty stronge
    while your at snow point city catch a SNOVER when it evolves to ABASNOW it snow warning is good aganst a rare pokemon that has little hp.

User Info: DewanIslam

DewanIslam - 7 years ago 1 4
  4. Ice's weaknesses
    1.Fighting
    2.Fire
    3.Rock
    4.Steel

User Info: kev09

kev09 - 7 years ago 2 4
  5. I used a kadabra and its psychic and thats all

User Info: symbiotelover

symbiotelover - 7 years ago 0 5
  6. If you have an Empoleon, use it.
    Empoleon's Steel-type attacks are supereffective against Ice-types and Empoleon double resists Ice.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire - 7 years ago 1 5
  7. Wow shes easy i killed her with my houndoom catch a houndour and evolv it and you can kill all of her pokemon even if its like 5 levels under but buy some vitamins for speed and defence adn like charrizardfire said use an empoleon if you chose piplup

User Info: randomjunk23

randomjunk23 - 7 years ago 0 6
  8. The easiest way is to use anything with Fire, Steel and Rock type moves. Fighting also works for everything but Froslass, which is a Ice-Ghost dual type.

User Info: Gametraveler

Gametraveler - 7 years ago 2 3
  9. I would get a fire pokemon like camarumpt to use flamethrower or some other move to weaken the ice-type pokemon.

User Info: Comics1333

Comics1333 - 7 years ago 0 5
  10. Fire or steel.

User Info: chilidog24

chilidog24 - 7 years ago 1 3
  11. Sneasel: Fighting type, a Fast one with at least 1 fighting type attack with 60 power or more
    Piloswine: Water type, any will do as long as it knows a move like surf, water pulse etc.
    Abomasnow: Fire type, just burn it to death. 1 hit KO
    Frosslass: maybe use a couple pokemon, use the fire type again and uh, get a steel or rock type ex. Steelix, Probopass would work better
    Good luck P.S. if you don't like my ideas, just go train or get money to buy better moves

User Info: SmashBros96

SmashBros96 - 7 years ago 1 2
  12. This question is same my question but is i success to beat all gym leader and now my game is end. You have empeleon? .

Type usefully:
    1.Fighting > right is can defeat frosslass (is same problem with me).can try rucalio.
    2.Fire > for grass type and also ice type. can try rapidash.
    3.Rock > You can try for battle with ice type. can try stellix.
    4.Steel > work for frosslass but many situation not work. can try empeleon.
    5.Water > is usefully in first or two pokemon appear only. can try empeleon too.

Frosslass is easy but always miss you move, is you must have trick to stop hail sutation or change weather or cleaner him.

Again

What , pokemon and their levels do you have right now?

You can try AudaciousX answeres but is have long to get.
    You have empeleon or rapidas or other pokemon? because you question is i not understand.

User Info: andibad

andibad - 7 years ago 0 0
  13. I beat her by using:
    A: Houndoom. Fire fang FTW.
    B: Luxray: If yours is a high enough level, it will be faster than frosslass. Since it uses double team a lot, make sure Luxray knows shock wave, which will always hit. Repeat until death.
    C: The easiest way I have found to battle, since most people have that one pokemon that sucks against the leader, is too have a ton of revives and hyper potions/full restores. Send out that useless pokemon, use revives and heal everyone, send them back out. Rinse and repeat. You can do this with any pokemon, but that one that will get KO'd in one hit or will give you just enough HP to heal your top guy is your best bet.

User Info: IanInvidious

IanInvidious - 7 years ago 0 0
  14. For frosslass use a dark/phsychic type pokemon because it is a ice ghost type so fighting does not affect it. I just kept using flame wheel with my infernape lv74.

User Info: Gamking926

Gamking926 - 7 years ago 0 0
  15. use fire type moves super super effective my infernape whipe out her hold team in on hit ko with fire blast, flare blits, ember, flamethrower also trying using lucario with the moves focus blast, drain punch, close combat, extremespeed(optional thats what mines has so... LOL)..
    That's Pretty Much It Try Using Pokemon That There Level Are Higher Than 55 Mines Where 60 And Higher..

User Info: Aloyasha

Aloyasha - 7 years ago 0 0
  16. Oh also forgot trying using revives if any of them faint...

User Info: Aloyasha

Aloyasha - 7 years ago 0 0