Question from CharizardFire

So what Pokemon can be found in the wild in Platinum but not Diamond/Pearl?

I know I can just check Serebii.net, but I would prefer a list of all of them in one convenient place; unfortunately, Serebii.net does not have such a list.
I already know about Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres by the way; I always check the legendary Pokemon in detail.
Also, I would appreciate having the locations as well.
I'm specifically talking about Pokemon that you can get in Diamond and/or Pearl as well as Platinum, but can only be found wild in Platinum. You know, like how Mightyena can be obtained in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, but can only be found wild in Emerald. To get Mightyena in Ruby or Sapphire, you have to evolve a Poochyena.

CharizardFire provided additional details:

I don't just mean before the Elite 4. I mean at all.

I'm talking about situations like these: Gyarados and Dragonair were not found in the wild in Red and Blue, but they were in Yellow; Pupitar was not found in the wild in Gold and Silver, but it was in Crystal; and Mightyena was not found in the wild in Ruby and Sapphire, but it was in Emerald.

Like, take Gabite for example: not found in the wild in Diamond and Pearl. However, if it is found in the wild in Platinum, that would be an appropriate example.

I already know that the Sinnoh Pokedex got expanded. I was not asking about that.

I already knew about the Regi trio - I always check the Legendary Pokemon.

Nice. Any other Pokemon?

You obviously didn't check the original part of the question.
I already know about Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
I'm talking about Pokemon like Gabite.

Yeah, I expected Tropius since it was confirmed to be in the expanded Sinnoh Dex.

Any others?

You need to look at the whole thing that I wrote in the first explanation.

zldafnatic answered:

Pretty much any pokemon who got a new evolved form in D/P can be found in the wild before the elite 4.
2 0

Answers

shayminguy7 answered:

Well the Regis are catchable through event Regigigas
1 0

thraciep answered:

Actuly Gabite is catchable in this game.
Victorie road.
0 0

mzing99 answered:

later in the game, after the completion of the national dex you can visit prof. oaks house on the south end of Eterna city, and after the series of events the legendary birds Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres will be available in the wild at random locations.
0 0

peanutguy11 answered:

Tropius in the safari zone.
0 0

AzureFlamGod answered:

Umm if you want to know of the pokemon being able to catch in platinum you can go to a site called serebii.net.
0 0