How do I get Nintendo Wi-Fi connection to get the secret key?

1. I have the Mystery Gift thing but i cant find an access point. Which is weird because i can find a wireless connection on DSi internet. I tried the help on nintendo. com but it doesnt do crap for me and doesnt work for hooking up an IP thing. I need help!

User Info: nintendoman98

nintendoman98 - 7 years ago
    You have to connect your ds to wfc connection.Go to the menu of pokemon platinum and go to Nintendo wfc settings.After go to 1.mystery gift 2.receive gift 3.get via nintendo wfc.

User Info: Sasuke654

Sasuke654 - 7 years ago

User Info: Sasuke654

Sasuke654 - 7 years ago

1. Go to your Wi-Fi settings. Select a blank connection. Choose "Search for an Access Point" and let it so its thing. If you then find an accessable network, there you go. Beyond that, the best places for Wi-Fi access would be coffee shops, hotels, malls (sometimes), and various restaraunts with labelled Wi-Fi access.

Also some access points are set up so that, while they are open networks, they will ONLY work for computers. I know the hotel I work at has that problem.

Also, look on Nintendo's website as they will, or at least they did, have various open Wi-Fi locations listed. Just type in your search paramiters and let it work its magic.

I hope this helps you and I hope to see you on Wi-Fi sometime.

User Info: ProtomanFreak

ProtomanFreak - 7 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. Try going to a McDonalds or somewhere you know there is a signal.

User Info: dragonfire200

dragonfire200 - 7 years ago 0 4
  2. It's to late to get the secret key

User Info: pokemon56643

pokemon56643 - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. Its not too late to get the secret key i got it just yesterday and you need your WEP code if you're gonna do it at home.

User Info: Duckchef

Duckchef - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. You can also get a different way like the action replay code if you have a action replay where you can buy it at gamestop or gamecrazy for about 25 dollars. I can give you the code if you want just contact me. (hope this can help)

User Info: shido669

shido669 - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. Unfortunately, many McDonald's (in my city, at least) have switched to a pay-per-hour wi-fi format that you need to access through a web portal, something most DSs can't do (I haven't tried with my DSi yet.) Fortunately, many coffee shops & public libraries have free wi-fi access, & you can always get a wireless router for your internet-ready computer for fairly cheap. Just be sure to input the WEP codes (if access is restricted)

User Info: sonicking2004

sonicking2004 - 7 years ago 0 1
  6. Remember to set your WFC Settings first. You go to WFC Settings from the main menu, a.k.a. the Continue/New Game screen.

User Info: Elider

Elider - 7 years ago 0 1
  7. Try finding a friend that has it and still has the wonder card,the event is over (i wish i had the key but i missed i).

User Info: Makako300

Makako300 - 7 years ago 0 1
  8. 1. Secret key is over.
    2. If your DSi can access it and your DS can't, that means your wifi is WPA encrypted, which isn't supported by the normal DS.

User Info: skyman747

skyman747 - 7 years ago 0 2
  9. It's not to late to get secret key and the same thing was on my computer. I had no idea to fix it and my parents wouldn't buy me USB what i did is i carried my DS everywhere to find an access point. I had to stand infront of other peoples houses, in the mall,etc. But I found a whole lot of access places. And i just got the secret key yesterday. But alot of the places have passwords so you can't get on its crap. But you'll always find some places.

User Info: gamesmaster1990

gamesmaster1990 - 7 years ago 0 1
  10. The faster way to get the key is to get a cheat for it (if you have Action Replay).

User Info: pikapika64

pikapika64 - 7 years ago 0 1
  11. On the day i am posting this the secret key is receivable by going to mystery gift and selecting the third option receive from Nintendo wfc

User Info: firaman

firaman - 7 years ago 0 1
  12. If u really what to know go to pokemon.com and click pokemon platumin they will tell you in good detale how to get it thats what i did to get mine

User Info: gilman628

gilman628 - 7 years ago 0 1
  13. The same thing happened to me. I kept trying then one day it worked. Now I have it.

User Info: greencus90

greencus90 - 7 years ago 0 1
  14. Okay, you need to go to your Platinum cartridge. Then, where you can select your game save, go to Wi fi settings. When you are there, select an open slot and select search for an access point. Most likely, it will have some sort of security. If it says it's security is WPA, get your DSi. If it says WEP, you are fine with your DS.
    After that, you will need the key, or security code. If you are at a public place, just ask someone who works there for the code for wifi. But first make sure it is a public access point. Once you have input the code correctly, you can set all of the other settings to "Automatic" and set the Proxy server to "Do not use". Then exit from wifi settings when it says it is okay to do so. Go to the menu, go to mystery gift, select "Get from Wifi". and select the secret key. Then go to any pokemon mart to pick it up. There will be a delivery man in front of the counter waiting for you.

User Info: luciusferret16

luciusferret16 - 7 years ago 0 0
  15. I'm sorry but its too late to get the secret key from Wi-Fi its over but you can get the secret key with an Action Replay for $21.95 but now you can get member card to get darkrai and for the Wi-Fi you can go to an area that has free Wi-Fi or get a linksys search with your DS and enter your WEP But if your linksys is actiontec you'll need a DSI and go to advance search

User Info: gamerespector7

gamerespector7 - 7 years ago 0 0