Question from katphude

Any good Ice type suggestions?

I'm not simply asking "What is the best ice type in the game evar!?!!??1" I'm actually asking more or less about all the ice types in the game and some strategies to go with them since I have never really used ice types in the past and I am currently thinking about it now. Just to give me an idea on what i want to do is all really.

Kraleck answered:

Froslass (part Ghost) makes a good attacker (either, base 80 Attack and Sp.Atk, base 110 Speed)
Weavile (part Dark) makes an excellent Physical Attacker (120 base Attack, 125 base Speed)
Glaceon packs some defenses (base 110 Defense, base 95 Sp.Def) and Sp.Atk (base 130)
Mamoswine (part Ground) has good HP (base 110) and Attack (base 130) and has Ice Shard and Curse
Walrein (part Water) is pretty bulky (base 110 HP, base 90 Defense and Sp.Def) and heals in Hail from Ice Body
Lapras (part Water) is also bulky (base 130 HP, base 80 Defense, base 95 Sp.Def) and has Curse and Aqua Jet
Abomasnow (part Grass) creates auto-Hail and learns powerful attacks (Blizzard, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, etc.)

Just note that Weavile is fragile and has a 4x weakness to Fighting and Abomasnow has a 4x weakness to Fire.
3 0

Answers

therealjamez answered:

I would reccomend a Froslass or an Abomasnow.
0 0

AzureLivesOn answered:

Froslass has been a very versatile and permanent addition to the Awesome-X Fighting Force (my team, Trainer: Xander. Ka-kow!). Being an Ice/Ghost has significant advantages over the competition, and her base moves learned are well-rounded.

Other suggestions: Glaceon (sorely overlooked, but easily one of the best), Abomasnow, and Frost Rotom (Electric/Ghost with Blizzard? Sold).
2 0

Death_Ragnell answered:

Okay time to get cracking.
Frosslass is part ghost so Normal and Fighting (weakness is eliminated) It can take out physhic types now. Although it gains a new weakness Dark.
Weavile is a really fast Pokemon but i really didn't have much use for him. Since his special attack is not that good. Blizzard and Ice Beam are a no no.
Galceon is underestimated most of the time but i have tried to kill a lvl 65 glaceon with a level 59salamence and i 1hit ko it with flamethrower so i don;t think that it is that good.
Mamoswine is screwed over with surf so don;t use it.
Walrein is was too slow so when i try to kill a pokemon it always end up attacking second and getting killed. Ex Staraptor uses close combat before i get a chance to use blizzard
Lapras is okay i guess since It can flush out fire types but electric types will One Hit Ko it . Ex Luxray uses Thunder...
Abomasnow is a sure dead cause a single flamethower can ko it since it has 4x multiplier
Glacie sucks so don;t use it.

I usually just use a water type (Swampert) with ice beam so that it takes care of my ice type moves. Rayquaza can also learn ice beam so it is a good choice for ice type moves. ( i KNOW there are from the ruby/sapphire/emerald games) But i find those two pokemon ubers
0 2

starknight75 answered:

I don't really use Ice types either, but just from looking at their available movesets and what they can learn, here's my assessment of them.

Water/Ice, vulnerable to Electric, Grass, Fighting, and Rock attacks but strong against Grass-types.
Dewgong - Able to learn both Water HMs, learns Ice Beam naturally, can be retaught Icy Wind; part of Water 1 and Ground Egg groups; Abilities are either Thick Fat or Hydration
Cloyster - Only able to learn Surf, learns Ice Beam as Shellder at level 49; part of Water 3 Egg group; Abilities are either Shell Armor or Skill Link
Lapras - Able to learn both Water HMs, learns several powerful Water and Ice attacks naturally; part of Water 1 and Monster Egg Groups; Abilities are either Water Absorb or Shell Armor
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein- Able to learn both Water HMs, learns various Water and Ice attacks naturally; part of Water 1 and Ground Egg groups; Abilities are either Thick Fat or Ice Body.

Psychic/Ice, vulnerable to Fire, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dark, and Steel attacks
Jynx - Cannot learn HMs, can learn a variety of Physical, Special, and Status attacks; part of Human Shape Egg Group; Abilities are either Oblivous or Forewarn.
Smoochum - Cannot learn HMs, can learn a variety of Physical, Special, and Status attacks; part of No Egg Group; Abilities are either Oblivious or Forewarn.

Ice/Flying, vulnerable to Fire, Electric, and Steel attacks
Articuno - Able to learn both Flying HMs, naturally learns primarily Ice attacks; part of No Egg Group; Ability is Pressure
Delibird - Able to learn both Flying HMs, only naturally knows one attack; part of Water 1 and Ground Egg Groups; Abilities are either Vital Spirit or Hustle

Ice/Dark, vulnerable to Fire, Fighting, Bug, Rock and Steel attacks
Sneasel - Able to learn four HMs (including Surf), learns primarily Physical attacks; part of Ground Egg Group; Abilities are either Inner Focus or Keen Eye
Weavile - Able to learn four HMs (including Surf), learns primarily Physical attacks; part of Ground Egg Group; Ability is Pressure

Ground/Ice, vulnerable to Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting, and Steel attacks, strong against Grass and Steel types
Swinub/Piloswine/Mammoswine - Able to learn two HMs (Mammoswine can learn 3), learns mostly Physical attacks, part of Ground Egg group; Abilities are either Oblivious or Snow Cloak

Ice, vulnerable to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel attacks
Snorunt/Glalie - cannot learn HMs, learns mostly Physical attacks, part of Fairy and Mineral Egg Groups; Abilities are either Inner Focus or Ice Body
Regice - Able to learn 3 HMs, learns mixed moves; part of No Egg Group; Ability is Clear Body
Glaceon - Able to learn 2 HMs, learns mixed moves; part of Ground Egg Group; Ability is Snow Cloak

Grass/Ice, vulnerable to Fire, Fighting, Poison, Flying, Bug, Rock and Steel attacks; strong against Flying types.
Snover/Abomasnow - cannot learn HMs (Abomasnow can learn 3), learns mixed moves; part of Monster and Plant Egg Groups, Ability is Snow Warning

Ghost/Ice, vulnerable to Fire, Rock, Ghost, Dark, and Steel attacks, strong against Ghost types
Froslass - cannot learn HMs, learns mixed moves; part of Fairy and Mineral Egg Groups, Ability is Snow Cloak

Depending on your objectives at this time, overall I'd suggest keeping Lapras in your party, not as an HM slave but as a Wall that can maybe do some sweeping.
0 1

Bluegreen17 answered:

I would be wary of using Abomasnow, because it has seven different weaknesses, more than ANY OTHER POKEMON. (4x weakness to Fire, 2x weakness to Fighting, Poison, Flying, Bug, Rock, and Steel).
0 1

Badali714 answered:

Abomasnow is my personal favorite. i teach mine blizzard, wood hammer, ice beam, and energy ball. it's perfect to me. hail ability makes blizzard 100 accuracy.
0 0

falconboy9 answered:

Articuno!!!!!
0 0

I need more leaf,ice, and water type pokemon,Any suggestions? Open darkrai445
Anyone have suggestions for a good team? Answered o2awesome
Good Electric Type? Answered She_Was_18
A good electric type? Answered PokPoke
What is a good physcic type ? Answered stinkinfun