Question from Helloman16

Can I get a shiny Riolu from the given Egg?

I have my game saved so I'm 1 step from the egg hatching.

I'm restarting it every time it's not shiny, but is it possible to eventually get it shiny?

Helloman16 provided additional details:

How can I get a shiny Riolu then?

Other than trading from hacked games for now...

starknight75 answered:

My understanding of Pokemon eggs--supported by others here and on other websites--is that the Pokemon's gender is determined when you receive an egg, either as a gift from someone or from the Daycare. If you save the game once you've received it, it will always hatch as the same gender no matter how many times you soft-reset.

However, you might still be able to get a shiny Riolu, because I'm not sure if the coloring is already predetermined when you receive the egg, or if there is still the slim chance of it hatching as a shiny.

You can evolve Riolu to Lucario and breed it--either with Ditto if it's a male or another male Pokemon if its female--and save your game immediately after you deposit your Pokemon in the Daycare. Then, using your "egg-watch" Poketch App, keep saving intermittently until you receive an egg, then DON'T save it again until after you've hatched your egg.

If what pikachuboy7 said is right, then the only way you'll be able to get a shiny Riolu from an egg is if you keep getting new eggs instead of trying to rehatch the same egg over and over again.
2 0

Answers

pikachuboy7 answered:

No it wont be shiny right as you get the egg it is decided if it will be shiny
so its always the first "coloring" but restarting every time can get you a different gender.
0 1

Kraleck answered:

Everything will be predetermined when you receive an Egg. However, save before you get an Egg and you can manipulate Gender, Stats, and if they are Shiny by resetting.

If you want an easier time with Shinies and you already have a Lucario and saved, Breed using another Pokemon from a different country (A.K.A. the Masuda Method).
0 0