Question from girl2rockcrawl

How do you use the dowsing app and what does it look like?

I received the dowsing app but am not sure what it looks like on the Poketech. Does it have the crossmarks? If so, how do you use it? I have been looking for items and if I'm using the correct app., nothing is showing up in the crossmarks. What am I doing wrong? In particular, I was looking for a hidden mushroom, hidden candy and shards. HELP???

Nanani answered:

The Dowsing app is the giant crosshairs on your bottom screen.

Tap the screen and a radar-like circle will go out. It only covers a few steps around you in every direction, and doesn't work as you walk. You have to be standing still.

When an item is detected, it will make a flashing dot on the dowsing screen. Every notch in the crosshairs represents one step.

Caves are particularly good places to check for items.
Good luck.
1 0

Answers

starknight75 answered:

Just to add to what SkylarkSpork said...

Sometimes, rather than the flashing dot appearing, you may have circles flashing outward (like when you first tap the screen). This usually means that there is something (a breakable or moveable rock) in the way before you can get to it. Sometimes that object is you yourself, because you might be standing directly on top of the object.
0 0

Gamking926 answered:

I'd like to add more to him to if you see the circle flash more than once it means that an item is near so if it flashes more than once check the whole screen.
0 0

Dowsing app ? Answered naz_bee
Can I get help for the Dowsing Machine? Answered logannagol
Does Proud of its Power cancel out the Modest nature? Open TheEpicMewtwo
Help me with my team? Unanswered lion6092
How to beat Cyrus in Pokemon Platinum (distortion world)? Answered LanceDragons