Question from Bad_Nick
What is the best way to chain?
I tried max repel, cleanse tag, both, going to the same color grass that rustles, and going to the furthest one, and the highest I've gotten is 25.
6 years ago
Some tips on chaining:
1) Choose a route with as few species as possible, and choose a time of day that further minimizes the number of Pokemon that can be encountered. For example, Kricketot only comes out during morning and night, so during the day there should be one less potential Pokemon to encounter.
2) Also, select a route that has no Pokemon swarming at the time (unless you're trying to chain the swarming Pokemon), and that there is no GBA game inserted that may increase the number of Pokemon in that route.
3) Watch the way the grass rustles--long and slow or short and quick--and keep only to those patches. Avoid walking straight up because the grass above you may have rustled, only you're in the way and can't see it.
4) Avoid going too far from your starting point. Although some say that the farther you go the better your chances of continuing the chain, you also run the risk of running out of space. Most of the time the grass rustles in different directions around you, and the closer you get to the edge the less chance the grass will rustle. Especially avoid going to patches of grass on the edges and in the corners.
5) You can reset, but I suggest that you a) reset the step counter Poketch app, b) save the game, c) use repel, then d) use the Pokeradar. If you decide you want to reset, it will then take you back to the point before you activated the Pokeradar, and you won't need to wait for it to recharge.
6) If you save after you have started the chain--for example, because you caught one of the Pokemon you were looking for--do not reset the game; doing so will stop the Pokeradar and you will have to refill its charge before you can activate it again.
6 years ago
DO NOT restart it ruins your chances.
6 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed
More Questions from This Game
|What do i do with the Red Chain?||Answered||GameAceJG8888|
|Why is the PokeRadar is breaking the chain for an unknown reason?||Answered||Asher_UberMage|
|Where do I find TM 50 Overheat?||Unanswered||PokemonMegaFan|
|How do I beat the elite four?||Open||Galaxy-Drago64|
|Is this team good enough for now?||Open||xXLovePokemonxX|