Breeding males with ditto...?

1. Can i breed my male prinplup (actually the final stage of it. cant remember the name very well as i nicknamed him) with a ditto and get the lower evo stage of him? I know that females who breed with ditto will make an egg of the female, but does the ditto thing work with males?

User Info: DonOfTheZero

DonOfTheZero - 7 years ago

1. Incidentally, your final stage is Empoleon.

You can breed Empoleon with Ditto to get a Piplup. It doesn't matter whether it is a male or female Pokemon that breeds with Ditto, you will always get the lowest evolution stage of the non-Ditto Pokemon.

Ditto is the only way to breed solely male Pokemon like Tauros, and the only way--other than catching--to get Tyrogue, the prevolution form of the three Hitmons.

However, with the Nidoran family, I think you can breed male Nidoran with Ditto and still get females. And perhaps you can breed male Volbeat with Ditto to get female Illumise, but I'm not sure about that.

User Info: starknight75

starknight75 (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It works with both kinds

User Info: lilvietkev916

lilvietkev916 - 7 years ago 1 0
  2. Yes, you will get a Piplup by breeding Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon (Male or Female) + Ditto.

You will only have an increased chance of a Nature by having the mother/Ditto hold Everstone (but it doesn't work with Pokemon from different countries due to them getting an increased chance of being shiny, instead), so that's the only reason you'd want a Female Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon.

P.S. starknight75, I've done the Volbeat/Illumise + Ditto thing before and it does work.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Yes you can.

User Info: le_sesh

le_sesh - 7 years ago 0 0