Question from Rucadark
Any suggestions on flying types?
I have to keep starting over becuase i make some poor choices and i want to change it up a little. i dont really wanna get a staravia this time and other suggestions on flying types? i chose turtwig by the way.
Where do you get altaria and skarmory?
Staraptor is still a good Pokemon that will serve you well throughout the game, so that'd be my choice. But since you have reservations about using it, I'll give a few alternatives. Keep in mind that there aren't all that many Flying-types pre-National Dex, so your options are a tad limited.
Crobat: Very fast and powerful, not to mention it looks sweet. Its movepool (the range of attacks it can learn) is a bit small, but there are more than enough options to see you through the game. It has two downsides, though: its Poison attacks aren't all that useful since so many things resist it, and it's pretty much useless against Psychic types, who will demolish it. But all in all, a great choice.
- Drifblim: A very interesting choice, but it might just work. Drifblim is a solid Pokemon. On top of being completely immune to Fighting and Normal attacks, its Aftermath ability damages anything that kills it with a physical move. Of course, it's pretty hard to kill anyway, because of good Defenses and HP stats. Ghost is a good attacking move, because not much resists it. As with any Flying-type, keep it away from Electric, Rock, and Ice types, though with its good movepool, Drifblim might just be able to take them on anyway.
- Honchkrow: You can't get this in Platinum unless you trade with someone, but it's still a good Pokemon. Large HP and Attack stats let it hold its own against most Pokemon; Psychic types are screwed against it, and Fighting types only manage 1x damage against it, due to the Flying type canceling its Fighting weakness. Its Defenses are a bit low, but don't let that discourage you; it's a helpful Pokemon that can go up against most anything.
- Chatot: This thing sucks. Don't even bother, unless you don't mind novelty Pokemon.
- Noctowl: A worse Staraptor. The only thing it has going for it is that it can learn Hypnosis, but since its accuracy has been decreased by 40%, Noctowl loses any chance of being useful.
- Pelipper: I haven't used Pelipper before, but it seems to be pretty reliable. It can take out Fire types with ease, and Rock/Ground types are basically screwed if Pelipper attacks first. Its typing is a mixed blessing; Ice attacks now do regular damage, but Electric attacks are almost guaranteed to be a 1HKO. Pelipper learns Protect, but that isn't enough to save it from the Electric types. Keep it away from them.
- Gliscor: It's a pain to evolve, but it's quite good. Like Crobat, it's incredibly fast, and it's completely immune to Electric attacks, which is a huge advantage. Unfortunately, Ice attacks now do 4x the damage, so like with Pelipper, be smart with Gliscor.
- Togekiss: VERY good, and my personal favorite Flyer. It'd be my choice in-game, but it's incredibly annoying to get it to evolve, and before it does, it's near-useless. Still, an awesome choice. Its ability, Serene Grace, is GODLY, making an attack's side effect have double the chance of occuring. This is best represented by its move Air Slash. Normally, it has a 30% chance to flinch the target, but Togekiss ups the chance to 60%, an incredibly useful tactic.
- Altaria: I love this thing. It's got kind of a small movepool, but its typing lets it survive a lot of things that the others on this list won't. Unfortunately, that 4x Ice weakness hurts, but still a viable choice. Also, it looks so cuuute! =)
- Tropius: No. Don't even think about using this.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
Altaria is always a wondrous choice cause its part dragon or you can choose skarmony which has high defence
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.