Review by ZombiePikmin

"Zp Reviews:GTA:CTW"

First, Let me explain how this is going to work. Im going to review the game in four separate category's. Graphics, Game play, Story, Sound, and then my overall score.

Graphics-I was stunned. This game looks great. It is absolutely one a graphical treat and one of the best looking DS games I have ever played. Every detail is noticeable. They did not miss a single thing here. Perhaps the highlight of it all for me where the thunderstorms. Whenever the weather changed it always looks great. All cars, vehicles, buildings, everything is all extremely well done.

Game Play-With china town wars rockstar has replaced the third person view with a birds eye view. I personally prefer this and think it highlights the DS' capabilities better. Otherwise the gameplay is on par with other recent Grand Theft Auto's. There are dozens of cars, bikes and other unrelated vehicles to buy and steal. Each handling differently. It would take you quite a while before you're able to try all of these vehicles. The combat is also basic GTA with a large arsenal of weapons and satisfying melee. The new edition to this installment is the drug dealing system. You can deal Heroin, Weed, Coke, Downers, Acid, and Ecstasy. Each with they're own respective prices. You get tips in your e-mail of sales and the sort. You buy and sell from dealers across liberty city, you can carry drugs and store them at your safe houses you start off with one, you will gain more as the story progresses, and you can buy them.This is an overall fun system and will be your primary way of making money. They also added tons of little touchscreen minigames for performing actions from hot wiring a car to breaking a fence. There are 70+ missions each with a nice bit of variety to them. Even when your finished with the main story there is soooo much more to do. Shooting for 100% completion would take quite a while.The amount of gameplay is exactly what you would expect from a GTA game.There is multi-card local multiplayer in chinatown wars and its rather good. The only problem is that its only local...No online multiplayer for this one. The size of the city however is astounding .

Story-Remember I will reveal no spoilers so im gonna keep this part of the review short and sweet! You're name is Haung Lee your father is killed and you travel too liberty city to deliver his prized sword to your uncle kenny. On the way your ambushed, shot, and left for dead. You lose the sword and take way on your path to the truth of who killed your father and tried to kill you. Along the way you will encounter some odd characters with sometimes odder missions.

Sound-First off there are no voice actors, and no real music on the radio. Instead they replaced this with delightfully funny text, and groovy midi tracks. The people on the street still yell at you, cops still shout at you to get out of the car, thunder cracks, cars crash, and everything else sounds normal. The least impressive feature of the game but still top notch none the less,

Overall-This game is a must buy if you have a DS I recommend you get it....Now, right now. The only thing keeping this baby from a perfect score is the lack of online play.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/20/09

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (US, 03/17/09)