hide results

    Game Script by AdmiralPo

    Version: 1.51 | Updated: 09/19/11 | Search Guide | Bookmark Guide

    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
                          <> FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES <>
                                  <> Echoes of Time <>
    
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
                                   <> Game Script <>
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
              <> By :
                        Admiral Po
                        (admiral_popovsky@yahoo.com)
    
              <> Version :
                        1.51
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> OVERVIEW <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [OVR] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    Another script guide from me for FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, after
    the "Chronicles Script" guide for the same game. At first, I'd like to combine
    those two, but the making of the "Game Script" guide could take a very long time
    so I decided to split them individually. The "Chronicles Script" came first, as
    it is easier to make (just read and write it down after completing the game),
    while the "Game Script" need a *whole* replay as you need to record any events
    in the game, from start to finish... @_@ Anyway, I think that I'm still lucky
    coz there's no alternate plots in this game ^_^
    
    so, here it is, the script that you will encounter in the game, including all
    voice actings, events, and also when you talk to the townsfolk where you can get
    some valuable and crucial informations, such as access to certain places, etc.
    I will also include the description of the ongoing events as needed. Note that
    I may not mention all conversations / scripts, only for those that still
    have relationship with the story plot. For instance, informations you get if
    you talk to the people in town; but not for Mercenaries, or that guy that keep
    providing you with absurd-fried-monster-menu quests, including Moogles that
    giving you tutorials (even the villain will give you some! XD). Hmm...but okay,
    if you DO kinda miss the tutorials, etc. or want to review them, please look at
    section "Miscellaneous" [MSC]. It should be there. Oh, and one more
    thing, I will refer the character you are playing with... [X]. Sorry, but
    there's no default name for the character... Some parts could be different,
    like when the main character is addressed with "he" or "him" which could be
    affected by the gender of the currently selected main character. Some parts also
    address the character with "Clavat", this could also be the same, but I haven't
    tested them yet. For your info, I choose a male Clavat as my character.
    
    Also, because my mother-language is not English, I'm sorry for any mistakes
    that may occur, especally when describing events... @_@ Phew... this is maybe
    the longest guide I ever made up to this point.
    
    
                                     <> NOTE <>
    
    For the "Chronicles Script" guide, you should be able to find it in the same
    site where you found this guide.
    
    Contact address provided at the end of the guide (see "Copyright" section).
    
    One more note, did you notice that " <> " throughout all the guide? Well, try
    to change the font type using "Lucida Console" or such, it should look better.
    I meant it to be somewhat like a crystal, but standard "Courier" font type
    makes it look wierd... (sigh) Not compulsory, but if it bothers your sight,
    just try it :)
    
    
                            <> !!! SPOILER ALERT !!! <>
    
    Because this guide will also record events in the game, there will automatically
    be HEAVY spoilers... There's no way I can evade that. So, don't tell I didn't
    warn you... ^_^
    
                            <> !!! SPOILER ALERT !!! <>
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> VERSION HISTORY  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [VER] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    <> 1.0
    
       # Completed the main game script and some miscellaneous scripts
    
    <> 1.5
    
       # Added Version History and References
       # Added more & new miscellaneous scripts
       # Added bosses' name on "Boss Battle"
       # Added some more speechs on the main scripts
       # Revised "Miscellaneous Scipt" section, split them into sub-sections
       # Revised some NPCs' name
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> TABLE OF CONTENTS  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [TOC] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    To quickly find a section, type the three/four letters with the brackets: [OVR],
    [TOC], etc. in the search/find input box in your browser or text editor. I will
    refer the places by their location and the number of visits, like [VL02] means
    it is in the Village in the second visit. I'll add some explanations of the
    locations/events as needed to prevent you from losing directions, especially
    for the next visits on the locations. The places are sorted so it comply with
    the story plot/game progress. Note also that some parts may be done in
     different
    orders. For the Game Script TOC, # denotes mandatory places (in order to
    progress further in the game), and "B" is for "Boss" (Boss battle).
    
       <> Overview              [OVR]
    
       <> Version History       [VER]
    
       <> Table of Contents     [TOC]
    
       <> Game Script           [SCR]
    
          [PRO]  Prologue
                 (Dream of Larkeicus chasing down Sherlotta)
    
          [VL01] Village (1)
                 (Beginning of the game)
    
      B # [FR01] Forest (1)
                 (The coming-of-age ceremony)
    
        # [VL02] Village (2)
                 (Eryll got crystal sickness)
    
          [GT01] Gate (1)
                 (The entrance gate that has nothing at the moment)
    
          [TW01] Town (1)
                 (First visit to town)
    
        # [LB01] Library (1)
                 (Meet Larkeicus the first time)
    
        # [TW02] Town (2)
                 (Gathering info on the aqueducts entrance location)
    
      B # [AQ01] Aqueducts Entrance 1
                 (In search of the Buffasaur horn)
    
        # [LB02] Library (2)
                 (Obtain medicine from Larkeicus)
    
        # [VL03] Village (3)
                 (Bring the medicine for Eryll)
    
          [GT02] Gate (2)
                 (The gate that STILL has nothing at the moment)
    
          [TW03] Town (3)
                 (Going to the library to repay the debt to Larkeicus)
    
        # [LB03] Library (3)
                 (Gain info from Larkeicus about ruis atop Ice & Fire Mountain)
    
          [TW04] Town (4)
                 (Just some revisiting before going to the mountains...)
    
        # [IM01] Ice Mountain Entrance 1
                 (Activating ruins atop Ice Mountain as Larkeicus asked)
    
          [GT03] Gate (3)
                 (The gate that now begin to show some mirage)
    
          [VL04] Village (4)
                 (After activating the ruins atop Ice Mountain)
    
          [TW05] Town (5)
                 (After activating the ruins atop Ice Mountain)
    
        # [LB04] Library (4)
                 (After returning from Ice Mountain)
    
      B # [FM01] Fire Mountain (1)
                 (Activating ruins atop Fire Mountain as Larkeicus asked)
    
        # [LB05] Library (5)
                 (After returning from Fire Mountain)
    
        # [VL05] Village (5)
                 (After activating the ruins atop both Mountains)
    
          [VL06] Village (6)
                 (After the Tower appears, the villagers are vanishing)
    
          [GT04] Gate (4)
                 (The gate that crowded by people after the tower appearance)
    
          [TW06] Town (6)
                 (After the Tower appears)
    
          [FR02] Forest (2)
                 (After the Tower appears)
    
      B # [LB06] Library (6)
                 (Trying to ask Larkeicus about the Crystal Core fragments)
    
          [TW07] Town (7)
                 (After defeating Larkeicus at the Library)
    
          [GT05] Gate (5)
                 (After defeating Larkeicus at the Library)
    
        # [VL07] Village (7)
                 (After defeating Larkeicus at the Library)
    
      B # [RN01] Ruins (1)
                 (Trying to collect information of the Crystal Core)
    
          [TW08] Town (8)
                 (After meeting Veriaulde, the Yuke in the Ruins)
    
          [GT06] Gate (6)
                 (After meeting Veriaulde, the Yuke in the Ruins)
    
          [VL08] Village (8)
                 (After meeting Veriaulde, the Yuke in the Ruins)
    
        # [AQ02] Aqueducts Entrance 2
                 (In search of the Crystal Core fragments - 1)
    
        # [FR03] Forest (3)
                 (After obtaining the Crystal Core fragment - 1)
    
          [VL09] Village (9)
                 (After putting back Crystal Core fragment - 1)
    
        # [FM02] Fire Mountain (2)
                 (In search of the Crystal Core fragments - 2)
    
        # [FR04] Forest (4)
                 (After obtaining the Crystal Core fragment - 2)
    
          [VL10] Village (10)
                 (After putting back Crystal Core fragment - 2)
    
      B # [IM02] Ice Mountain Entrance 2
                 (In search of the Crystal Core fragments - 3)
    
        # [FR05] Forest (5)
                 (After obtaining the Crystal Core fragment - 3)
    
        # [VL11] Village (11)
                 (After putting back Crystal Core fragment - 3)
    
      B # [LB07] Library (7)
                 (In search of the Crystal Core fragments - 4)
    
        # [FR06] Forest (6)
                 (After obtaining the Crystal Core fragment - 4)
    
        # [VL12] Village (12)
                 (After putting back Crystal Core fragment - 4)
    
        # [RN02] Ruins (2)
                 (In search of the Crystal Core fragments - 5)
    
        # [FR07] Forest (7)
                 (After obtaining the Crystal Core fragment - 5)
    
          [VL13] Village (13)
                 (After putting back Crystal Core fragment - 5)
    
      B # [FR08] Forest (8)
                 (Deeper part of the Forest, after reassembly the Crystal Core)
    
        # [RV01] Ruined Village (1)
                 (After meeting Sherlotta deep in the forest)
    
          [VL14] Village (14)
                 (After the revelation in Ruined Village)
    
          [GT07] Gate (7)
                 (After the revelation in Ruined Village)
    
        # [TW09] Town (9)
                 (After the revelation in Ruined Village)
    
      B # [GY01] Graveyard (1)
                 (Finding the crystal apparatus)
    
          [GT08] Gate (8)
                 (After finding the crystal apparatus in the Graveyard)
    
          [VL15] Village (15)
                 (After finding the crystal apparatus in the Graveyard)
    
          [TW10] Town (10)
                 (After finding the crystal apparatus in the Graveyard)
    
        # [LB08] Library (8)
                 (Finding info of the Mine)
    
      B # [MN01] Mine (1)
                 (Finding the last crystal apparatus)
    
          [VL16] Village (16)
                 (After finding the staff in the Mine)
    
          [TW11] Town (11)
                 (After finding the staff in the Mine)
    
        # [FM03] Fire Mountain (3)
                 (Activating the ruins to power the Gate)
    
        # [IM03] Ice Mountain (3)
                 (Activating the ruins to power the Gate)
    
      B # [GT09] Gate (9)
                 (After powering the Gate by activating the ruins in both Mountains)
    
          [TW12] Town (12)
                 (After summoning the bridge to the Tower)
    
          [VL17] Village (17)
                 (After summoning the bridge to the Tower)
    
      B # [TR01] Tower (1)
                 (After summoning the bridge to the Tower)
    
          [END]  Game Ending
                 (Sherlotta's normal form and the demise of Larkeicus and the Tower)
    
          [VL18] Village (18)
                 (After the ending)
    
        # [FR09] Forest (9)
                 (After the ending)
    
          [VL19] Village (19)
                 (After the ending and throw the crystal shard to the forest pond)
    
          [TW13] Town (13)
                 (After the ending, if you don't summon the Tower again)
    
          [GT10] Gate (10)
                 (After the ending)
    
          [TW14] Town (14)
                 (After the ending, if you summon the Tower again)
    
       <> Miscellaneous Script  [MSC]
    
          Tutorials :
    
          [TT01] Combat tutorials, by Moogle, at Forest (1)
          [TT02] Shops tutorials at Town (1)
          [TT03] Magic tutorials, by Larkeicus... yes, the villain, at Library (1)
          [TT04] Equipment tutorials, by Lilty at Town (5)
    
          Mercenaries :
    
          [MC01] Rid Dek at Town (1)
          [MC02] Elen Dok at Town (5) (Very Hard Mode)
          [MC03] Del Dee and some Mercenary info by Lilty at Town (8)
          [MC04] Aline at Library (8), also unlock Monster Mash 2
          [MC05] Amenhart at Town (12)
          [MC06] Uruha at Town (13)
          [MC07] Gerald at World Map (Hard Mode)
          [MC08] Koo El at World Map (Multiplayer Mode)
    
          Quests :
    
          [QS01] Chef in Town (1), unlock Culinary Capers 1
          [QS02] Chef in Town (6), unlock Culinary Capers 2
          [QS03] Chef in Town (9), unlock Culinary Capers 3
          [QS04] Chef in Town (13), unlock Culinary Capers 4
          [QS05] Moogle in Forest after Town (2), unlock Treasure Hunt! 1
          [QS06] Moogle in Ice Mountain Entrance 2, unlock Treasure Hunt! 2
          [QS07] Soldier in Aqueducts (1), unlock Monster Mash 3
          [QS08] Soldier in the Ruins (2), unlock Invisible Stalkers 1
          [QS09] Soldier in the bridge after Gate (9), unlock Invisible Stalkers 2
          [QS10] Monk in in Ice Mountain Entrance 2, unlock Monster Collector 1
          [QS11] Monk in in Fire Mountain (2), unlock Monster Collector 2
          [QS12] Monk in in Forest after Graveyard (1), unlock Monster Collector 3
          [QS13] Monk in in Mine after ending, unlock Monster Collector 4
    
          Signs :
    
          [SG01] Forest (1)
          [SG02] Aqueducts Entrance 1 - < QUEST: Monster Mash 1 >
          [SG03] Ice Mountain Entrance 1 - < QUEST: Hunt the Hidden 1 >
          [SG04] Fire Mountain (1) - < QUEST: Bring the Cows Home 1 >
          [SG05] Library (6)
          [SG06] Ruins (1) - < QUEST: Materials Hunt! >
          [SG07] Aqueducts Entrance 2 - < QUEST: Fragile! 1 >
          [SG08] Ice Mountain Entrance 2 - < QUEST: Fragile! 2 >
          [SG09] Forest (8)
          [SG10] Graveyard (1) - < QUEST: Hunt the Hidden 2 >
          [SG11] Mine (1) - < QUEST: Fragile! 3 & Bring the Cows Home 2 >
          [SG12] Gate (9) - < QUEST: Bring the Cows Home 3 >
          [SG13] Library (7) - Optional Bosses (FFCC:RoF)
    
       <> Speed Walkthrough     [SPW]  * BONUS *
    
       <> Favourite Quotes      [FQT]  * BONUS *
    
       <> Thanks                [THK]
    
       <> References            [REF]
    
       <> Copyright             [CPR]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> GAME SCRIPT  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [SCR] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    Some quick briefing before you get confused any further :
    
       <> Sentences in [ ] are explanations / descriptions of an ongoing event or
          a scene.
    
       <> Character name in { } means that you will get that conversations *if*
          you talk to that person (not a scene).
    
       <> Blank line between speech means a different conversation after you talk
          to a person the second time and so on.
    
       <> A * before a speech means the speech sentences is the default conversation
          you will get after you talk to a person several times.
    
       <> A | at the left signifies related conversation, triggered by talking to
          any person taking part in the conversation.
    
       <> # xxx # means choices (appear at the bottom screen), effect for each one
          is described accordingly.
    
       <> A [MANDATORY] means that one need to be obtained in order to
          progress in the game. If it's a non-scene script, you have to obtain it
          manually (you MUST talk to the person(s) involved there), while the
          scene script will always be obtained automatically.
    
    One more thing, I will give a brief descriptions of each NPC of each locations,
    so you can understand which person I mean in the script. Hope it works... :)
    I will only mention it at the first time you visit the location, such as:
    Village (1), Town (1), etc. So, if you're on Village (2), you should look the
    NPC description in Village (1). And, uhm... Moogle is not included, you should
    have known what they look like, winged little fluffy rabbit-like Square-Enix
    creature... always the same in all FF worlds.
    
    Enjoy!
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    <><><> Prologue <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [PRO]
    
    
    [ A young girl is seen running, chased by an old man. She finnaly trips down
      near a pond in a forest. ]
    
    Girl : *gasp*
    
    [ The old man grasp the girl, but then a mysterious mist rises from his body. ]
    
    old man : Hm? Ahhh...
    
    [ He then look up, and a giant crystal is seen floating in front of him, at the
      center of the pond. He releases the girl, who also look at the crystal. ]
    
    Girl : ...?
    
    [ The old man then cries a very loud laugh... ]
    
    
    <><><> Village (1)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Ilina : The girl with red/pink dress
    Eryll : little girl with yellow/orange dress, Lian's sister
    Lian : The person with green clothes
    Aurdy : The old man with white moustaches and beards, village headman
    Bachenn : Man in green clothes and red hair
    Ullz : The Selkie boy with purple hair, Phelple's friend
    Phelple : The Lilty kid with blue clothes, Toumli's son
    Tratt : The Selkie woman with blue dress and purple hair, Ullz's mother
    Toumli : Phelple's mother, with red dress
    Norschtalen : The Yuke girl in white/blue dress
    Waltrill : The Yuke magician in black dress and hat
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ Wake up in the village, and today is the coming-of-age ceremony, congrats! ]
    
    Ilina:
    
       Good morning, [X]. Did you have that
       dream again?
       Aw, come on, cheer up. Today's the
       day for your coming-of-age ceremony!
       Sherlotta is waiting for you in the
       forest. Good luck!
    
    {Ilina} :
    
       Awake at last, are we? Well, happy
       birthday, [X]. It's the big one-six,
       huh?
     * We're throwing a party when you get
       back from your coming-of-age
       ceremony.
       I'm making your favourite treats, so
       make sure you pass!
    
       But isn't it funny you having the
       SAME dream, like, every night?
       Hey, I know. It's because you miss
       Sherlotta, isn't it? Aw, that's so
       CUTE!
       ANY-hoo, you better get to the
       forest for that ceremony, pronto!
    
    {Eryll} :
    
       Good morning, [X]! Looks like you
       overslept, huh?
       I can't talk though. I only just woke
       up myself.
       *sigh* I DID go to bed nice and
       early. Seems like I'm always sleeping
       these days.
       Mum always said that kids needs sleep
       to grow up healthy and strong.
       At this rate, I'll be the strongest
       girl in the village in no time!
    
     * You sleep in EVERY morning. Is that
       why you grew up so fast?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Lian ]
    
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Ta-de-dum. This year's going to be
     |    another bumper crop, I just know it!
     |    Yep. I'm goin' to put Jennifer here,
     |    and Amanda over there.
     |    Stephanie, you'll be behind Christina
     |    near the back. You're all going to be
     |    so beautiful!
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    You know, Lian. I REALLY wish you'd
     |    stop naming your vegetables.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Eryll, are you kidding? That's the
     |    most important bit.
     |    Hm...?
     |    Oh, hey [X]. Man, you like your beauty
     |    sleep, huh?
     |    But as of today, you're real
     |    grown-up. You have to start acting
     |    like one.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Why? What's so special about today?
     |    Wait... It isn't [X]'s birthday, is
     |    it!?
     |    I-I didn't plan any surprises or
     |    anything!
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Hey, it's cool. Ilina said she was
     |    going to set something up. Why don't
     |    you go and help her?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Okay, I'll do that. Later!
     |
     | [ She then rushes to Ilina ]
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    [X], you be nice to Eryll, okay? You
     |    know she's my favorite little sister.
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
     * Er, anyway, happy birthday, okay?
    
    
    {Eryll} :
    
     * Why didn't anybody tell me? Sorry,
       [X]. Really.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Aurdy ]
    
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |     Young [X], is it? Did you sleep well?
     |     Today is your sixteenth birhtday. A
     |     very important day!
     |     Whenever the young people of this
     |     village turn sixteen, they must go
     |     into the forest.
     |     There, they are recognized as adults
     |     in a coming-of-age ceremony.
     |     Do you see how crystal-clear this
     |     water is?
     |     in the same way, the ceremony will
     |     cleanse your soul and body...
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |     Hey, [X]!
     |     You don't have time to stand around
     |     listening to Gramps yap all day.
     |     You've got to get to the forest!
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |     Ilina, where are your manners?
     |     I am the headman of this village. The
     |     headman! And I expect to be treated
     |     as such.
     |     We've been looking forward to this
     |     day for sixteen years.
     |     I'm sure [X] wants to hear my thoughts
     |     on this occasion.
     |     Today is also your birthday, of
     |     course.
     |     Yes, yes...
     |     I have as much right as anyone to
     |     enjoy this ocassion! I'm the village
     |     headman, after all.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |     Oh, just ignore Gramps, [X]. It's the
     |     same old speech he ALWAYS gives.
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |     GRRRRRR!
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
     * I'll have you know I stayed up all
       night preparing my speech!
    
    
    {Bachenn} :
    
     * ZZZZZZ...ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
       NNN...ZERK...
       Piece of...old junk...still goin'...
       ZZZZZZ...
       NMPH...
       .........
       ...............
       BWAAAH!!!
       *pant pant pant*
       ...ZZZZZZZZZ
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Ullz or Phelple ]
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X]. Guess today you become a
     |    grown-up, huh?
     |    Last night Pa and some others went
     |    off to the forest to prepare
     |    somethin'.
     |    They wouldn't tell me what, though.
     |    Nope. Didn't mention your name or
     |    nothin'.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Don't you know ANYTHING? They're
     |    holding a ceremony in the forest for
     |    [X].
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    O-kay. But if you're so smart, why
     |    don't you tell me what they DO at the
     |    ceremony?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    W-well, er... It's, you know.
     |    You tie a rope around your ankles
     |    and, er, jump off a cliff.
     |    ...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    That...is...so...
     |    AWESOME!
     |    Ain't that cool, [X]!? I can't wait for
     |    MY growing-up ceremony!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Ullz} :
    
     * You are SO lucky!
    
    
    {Phelple} :
    
     * ...
       So, anyway. Good luck!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Tratt or Toumli ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Toumli, you better have some coffee,
     |    girl.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, I'am althright.
     |    Ah, gooth morning, [X].
     |    Congrathulations on your birthday!
     |    Oh, don'th mind me. I wash awake all
     |    nighth and my tongue gets thleepy
     |    when I'm tired.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Look, why don't you just go to bed
     |    for a bit? No one can understand you
     |    anyway.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh no, oh no. I have to wahs [X] pash
     |    the ceremony.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    You'll be asleep long before then, I
     |    bet...
     |    Aw, whatever.
     |    Good morning, [X]. Today's finally the
     |    day, huh? Are you ready?
     | *  The coming-of-age ceremony'll be a
     |    piece of cake. Just go in, get the job
     |    done, and get out fast.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  [X]! The weak pointh is the thof of
     |    the heth! The heth!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |    Anyway, like I said. Don't mess
     |    around and you'll be fine.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill or Norschtalen ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, Teacher, can you teach ME
     |    magic?
     |    Please-please-please-PLEEEAAASE?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Grrr, NO! How many times do I have
     |    to tell ye? Ye're still too young.
     |    Oh, hello [X]. Today's the big day,
     |    eh?
     |    As soon as the ceremony is over, ye'll
     |    officially be an adult.
     |    If ye wish to pursue the magic arts,
     |    I'd be more than happy to take ye on
     |    as a student.
     |    Under my guidance, ye could become
     |    one of the great spell casters. If ye
     |    want it enough, that is.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Aw, Teacher, it isn't FAIR!
     |    Listen, [X], if you DO decide to learn
     |    magic with Teacher, remember I was
     |    here FIRST.
     |    That puts me in charge. Whatever I
     |    say goes. Agreed?
     |    Around here, I'm the boss character!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill or Norschtalen again ]
    
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    *chuckle* To think ye're all grown up
     |    already.
     |    Ye know, it's up to ye now to choose
     |    yer future path.
     |    From here on out, ye're responsible
     |    for yer own decisions and behaviour.
     |    Act with honor, and never have any
     |    regrets.
     |    ...Fancy speech, huh, kiddo?
     |    But remember-it doesn't count until
     |    ye complete that coming-of-age
     |    ceremony.
     |    ...
     |    Because ye never know. Not everyone
     |    passes!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Teacher! You're not implying that [X]
     |    won't-?
     |    Don't listen to him, [X]. I'm SURE
     |    you'll be fine!
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
     * Good luck to ye!
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       Oh gosh, I almost forgot...
       Happy birthday, [X]!
       You're a real grown-up now. I'm SO
       jealous. * Good luck with the ceremony!
    
    
    {Moogle} :
    
       There you are, kupo!
     * Sherlotta is waiting for you in the
       forest. If you think you're ready, go
       on in, kupo!
       Oh, by the way. That Save Stone is
       for saving your game, kupo!
       You can also use Save Stone to
       switch to multiplayer, kupo.
    
    
    <><><> Forest (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Sherlotta : the girl with white hair, black dress & white skirt (plus tail...)
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ When you first enter the forest, a Moogle will appear and give you some
      tutorials about battle and controls - More at [TT01] ]
    
    
    [ After reaching the last part of the forest, a big robot-like guardian
      activate and attack [X] ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  BOSS BATTLE   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Guardian     <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After defeating the machine boss - MANDATORY ]
    
    Mysterious voice :
    
       Looking for someone? I'm right here.
    
    [ A cat-girl sitting atop a giant crystal in the middle of a pond ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Well, kid, you made it through the test.
       I guess that proves you know your stuff.
       I suppose I'm going to have to pass you, huh?
       What did you expect?
       Fireworks and dancing bears?
       I do have something for you, though.
    
       [ She jumps down and floats mid-air above the pond center, then shows [X]
         a small crystal ]
    
       Just think of it as a little graduation present.
       Here, take it.
    
    (You obtained a crystal.)
    
       Er, yeah. I know it doesn't look like
       much, especially compared to the big
       one there.
       But I didn't really have anything else
       I could give you.
       *shrug* Hope you like it anyway.
       Happy birthday, [X].
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
       How was your first battle? Tougher
       than you thought?
       Those old things always have a weak
       point. It's usually marked with some
       kind of design or decoration.
       Did you notice the pattern on its
       head?
       If you're in a fight and nothing you
       do seems to have an effect, check out
       the foe really carefully.
       You're a real grown-up now. You have
       to learn how to take care of
       yourself.
       Anyway, your coming-of-age ceremony
       is over. Well done, kiddo.
       Boy. To think my little [X] is a
       grown-up already.
       Seems like just yesterday you were
       only knee-high. Time really does fly.
       ...Hehe, don't mind me. Just
       reminiscing. Anyway, time to head
       back to the village.
       You're not injured or anything,
       right? So go on ahead. I'll catch you
       later.
       Here, let me open up the shortcut for
       you.
    
     * I'll catch you later. You head back to
       the village. Everyone'll be waiting.
    
    
    <><><> Village (2)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL02]
    
    
    [ Returning to the village after meeting with Sherlotta in the forest
      - MANDATORY ]
    
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Hey, [X], welcome back!
     |    How'd it go? Did you do it? Did you
     |    get hurt?
     |
     |    [ [X] showing the crystal given by Sherlotta ]
     |
     |    Oooh, wow!
     |    Congratulations!
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    What are you doing hanging around
     |    here?
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Hey, Sherlotta, welcome back.
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    Remember, you're a grown-up now. You
     |    can't just play all the time like you
     |    used to.
     |    You have to start preparing to live
     |    your own life, on your own two feet.
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    But if [X] goes off on his own, won't
     |    that make you feel lonely?
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    I-I beg your pardon?
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Oh, nothing. Don't mind me.
     |    Anyway, let's go. We made a REALLY
     |    tasty meal. I helped cook it and
     |    everything!
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    That sounds wonderful.
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Come on, everyone'll be waiting...
     |
     |    [ She suddenly fall down to her knees ]
     |
     |    U-ungh...?
     |    [X]? Sherlotta? I-I don't feel so
     |    good...
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    Eryll!?
    
    
    [ Eryll passed out, [X] and Sherlotta helps her. Scene moves to one of the
      houses in the village, where all the villagers gather outside ]
    
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Sherlotta! Is Eryll all right? Is she
     |    okay?
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    She's feeling a lot better now. Lian
     |    and Ilina are looking after her.
     |
     | Teacher :
     |
     |    But this sickness. Can it be...?
     |
     | Sherlotta :
     |
     |    There's no doubt about it. She's
     |    caught the crystal sickness.
     |
     | Toumli :
     |
     |    B-but how could that be? Why Eryll?
     |    And why now?
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    What's the "crystal sickness"? She'll
     |    be all right, won't she? We have
     |    medicine, right?
     |
     | Teacher :
     |
     |    There IS a cure. But the ingredients
     |    we need cannot be found in this
     |    forest.
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    So...
     |    So we have to look outside the
     |    forest, right!? The ingredients must
     |    be SOMEWHERE.
     |    We just have to find them.
     |    Please, PLEASE! We HAVE to make
     |    Eryll better again.
     |    I'll do anything, anything at all. I'll
     |    study magic every night. I'll clean my
     |    room without being told, I'll...
     |
     | Teacher :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    *gasp*
     |    ...
     |    N-no, no, NO!
     |    Please, Bachenn, help her! She was
     |    my very first friend in the village!
     |
     | Bachenn :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Phelple! You're Eryll's friend. Why
     |    don't you do something? Please!
     |
     | Phelple :
     |
     |    Er...well...
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Why is everyone just standing
     |    around!? If we don't do anything,
     |    Eryll might...
     |
     | Aurdy :
     |
     |    ...
     |    You see...
     |    We can never leave this village. None
     |    of us can. It is the Law, and we must
     |    obey it.
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Th-the Law...?
     |    Who made that up? Who went and
     |    decided something like that?
     |    You're saying that you're all willing
     |    to watch Eryll die just because of
     |    some tupid RULE!?
     |
     | Teacher :
     |
     |    Norschtalen, that is enough!
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    But...
     |    But, I-I...
     |    What about Eryll!? *sob*
     |
     |    [ She runs away ]
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill or Sherlotta ]
    
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Crystal sickness? I expected [X] to
     |    succumb, but not someone like Eryll.
     |    We are supposed to be safe from the
     |    illness. The world is changing, after
     |    all this time...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Sherlotta?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    It's just... Oh, never mind.
     |    Our concern right now is Eryll. The
     |    crystal sickness CAN be cured, if we
     |    have the right medicine.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    There's no guarantee that it would
     |    work on the young girl, not in the
     |    state she's in.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Agreed. But we have to try
     |    regardless. There's simply no other
     |    way.
     |    I'll have to leave the village and
     |    search for medicine... out there.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    No, no, impossible. We need ye here,
     |    to watch over Eryll in case her
     |    condition worsens.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    But I'm the only one who can go into
     |    the outside world. Who else?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Well, there IS somebody.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Uh-uh, no way!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Remember, [X] has completed his
     |    coming-of-age ceremony.
     |    It's time [X] be allowed to stand on
     |    his own two feet.
     |    Besides, he's going to have to learn
     |    about the outside world sooner or
     |    later.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yeah, yeah, I know. But...
     |    It's a big, dangerous world out there
     |    for a child. How can I help but be
     |    scared for him?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Ye see how much Sherlotta loves ye,
     |    [X]?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Huh?
     |    H-how long have you been...!?
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
       Don't ye mind Norschtalen, now.
       She's just so worried about little
       Eryll that she doesn't know what
       she's saying.
       The crystal sickness that Eryll has
       caught...
       is a disease that's been around these
       parts for hundred years.
       In the old days, many people caught it
       in their youth. But we had medicine
       that fixed it soon enough.
       The thing is, almost no one falls ill
       with it anymore. Except for that
       other time...
       We never think to keep the
       ingredients on hand. What would be
       the point?
       These days, I reckon most folk
       haven't even heard of the crystal
       sickness!
    
     * Ye're not bound by the Law of the
       village like we are.
       Ye can do and act as ye please. Ye
       can go where ye want...
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * Listen, I DO trust you. You know
       that, right? I believe you can do
       anything you put your mind to!
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       [X], I'm SO sorry about earlier. I just
       kind of lost it.
       I know the village has its rules... I
       was wrong to yell.
       ...
       [X], if you leave this village and
       follow the main road, eventually
       you'll reach a big town.
       I used to live there, before I came
       here to study with Teacher.
       It's full of scholars and adventurers
       who travel there from all over the
       world.
       I'm sure someone will be able to sell
       you the medicine you need for Eryll.
    
       I'd love to go with you, but I have
       such a terrible sense of direction,
       I'd never find the way.
       The truth is, I only stumbled onto
       this village because I got completely
       lost in the woods.
       Teacher is the one who saved me.
       Since then I've gone out lots of times
       on errands for Teacher...
       but I've never even made it out of the
       woods, let alone reached town.
       I always get lost and someone has to
       come and rescue me.
       Oooh, Eryll, I'm sorry. I can't do
       ANYTHING.
       Please, please help her, [X]. She's the
       first friend I ever had in this
       village.
       If something were to happen to her, I
       don't know what I'd do!
    
     * I know you'll find the perfect
       medicine in town. Bring it back and
       save Eryll!
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
       [X], it is most unfortunate this has
       happened on your birthday.
       I never imagined Eryll would succumb
       to the crystal sickness.
       Although she IS about the age...
       The sickness affects some people who
       live near crystals. It usually strikes
       in childhood.
       [X], you grew up here, so you don't
       think giant crystals are particularly
       unusual...
       but in the outside world, they
       probably no longer exist.
       The crystal in this forest is very
       special. It is the last of its kind in
       the world.
       Once upon a time, crystals were
       everywhere, and the crystal sickness
       was common.
       Well, we call it a sickness, but it's
       actually something different.
       People who catch it become stronger.
       Afterwards, they never fall ill
       again.
       We considered it a blessing, and
       celebrated whenever a child fell ill
       with it.
       Do you remember when you caught it?
       You were the same age as Eryll.
       You've never been sick since then,
       have you?
       And when you get hurt, you heal much
       faster than normal people. That's the
       crystal sickness, too.
    
     * But despite that, Eryll is in serious
       danger.
       Even if we had the medicine...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Phelple or Toumli ]
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  Phelple...
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Mum, is Eryll okay?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Ilina and Lian are looking after her.
     |    They say she's feeling a little
     |    better.
     |    We'll bring her some fruit later, all
     |    right?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    She looked really sick, huh? She
     |    couldn't even stand up.
     |    But when she gets better, she'll be
     |    stronger than before.
     |    After she recovers, she won't get
     |    sick all the time like she used to.
     |    Right?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    That's right. You'll be playing
     |    together in no time.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Yeah. I sure hope they cure her REAL
     |    soon!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Phelple} :
    
     * Yeah. I sure hope they cure Eryll
       REAL soon!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Bachenn, Ullz or Tratt ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Can't we make for Eryll with
     |    ingredients from the forest?
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    No. When [X] got sick we searched and
     |    searched, but no luck.
     |    Waltrill knows the recipe, but we
     |    just don't have the ingredients we
     |    need.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    That girl has a weak stomach, too. I
     |    AM worried about her.
     |    Crystal sickness always hits hardest
     |    the first few days. I wish we could
     |    do something.
     |    I just hate seeing her in pain like
     |    that, trying to act brave.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     | *  If only we had medicine...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    What ingredients do we need? Maybe I
     |    could look for it?
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    I don't think so!
     |    It's attached to a very powerful
     |    monster.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    I guess monster huntin' is kinda over
     |    my head.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Ya think?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    *sigh* What a pair...
    
    
    {Ullz} :
    
     * I sure hope she gets better soon...
    
    
    {Tratt} :
    
     * *sigh* I'm worried...
    
    
    <><><> Gate (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Guard : That lonely guard standing and guarding the gate... poor guard XD
    
    * NOTE : *
    The trip here is optional, as well as the other "Gate" location, EXCEPT the ones
    that have [MANDATORY] sign. You don't have to visit here first, you may go
    directly to the Town. This is here just for completion sake only...
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    {Guard} :
    
       I haven't seen you around before. Are
       you new?
       Come to see the ruins, have you?
       Well, they are pretty famous, I
       guess.
       But you must REALLY like ruins if
       you've come all the way out here!
       I don't understand the attraction
       myself.
       This thing here was built back in the
       ancient times. It's some kind of gate,
       obviously.
       Although the only thing it leads to is
       a great big hole in the ground. You be
       careful not to fall in!
       I wonder why the ancients built an
       elaborate gate that leads to nowhere.
       There's nothing beyond but wasteland
       as far as the eye can see.
       Frontier Control sent me to keep
       watch here, but I'm not exactly sure
       what I'm supposed to be guarding.
       *sigh* I sure hope this assignment
       doesn't last too long.
    
       Either way you look at it, it's a
       gate. And it's all I HAVE to look at
       until my assignment's over.
       ... *sigh*
    
    
    <><><> Town (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Male Yuke : The Yuke with purple robe and blue hat
    Female Yuke : The Yuke that run the drink shop with yellow robe
    Male Selkie : The Selkie (man) with green clothes
    Selkie Girl : The Selkie (woman) with green dress
    Equipment Shopkeeper : The Yuke running the shop where you can buy equipments
                           and gears
    Custom Fabrications Shopkeeper : The man on the shop where you can attach,
                                     generate jewels and buy scrolls
    Clavat Man 1 : The man with blue shirt you see first time near the fountain
    Clavat Man 2 : The man with green clothes
    Clavat Man 3 : The man with brown clothes, 'the best chef in the world'...
    Clavat Lady : The lady with pink dress
    Male Lilty : The Lilty that usually talk with Clavat Man 1
    Female Lilty : The Lilty with green dress
    Lilty Kid : The litle Lilty that usually near her mother
    Lilty Mother : The mother of that Lilty Kid
    
    
    * NOTE : *
    Some NPCs have same appearances, so please pay attention at the location (front
    or main area of the town). Some may also move to the other parts of town after
    certain events. For tutorials on shopping, see [TT02].
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    [ If you talk to the Yuke * first * in town entrance ]
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Is this your first visit?
     |    In the middle of this town there is a
     |    great library.
     |    Archeologists from the world over
     |    gather here to study artifacts of the
     |    ancient civilization.
     |    It's a fine thing that a young lad like
     |    yourself would come here for the
     |    sake of your own betterment.
     |    What better way for a young person
     |    to spend his time...
     |    than reflecting on the legends of the
     |    ancient civilization and partaking of
     |    its wisdom?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    There you go again, trying to turn
     |    every newcomer you see into a
     |    bookworm archeologist!
     |    There's more to this town than that
     |    musty old library!
     |    Treasure hunters come here from all
     |    over the place, looking for the
     |    fortunes hidden in the nearby ruins.
     |    Yep, this town is full of adventurers
     |    who dare to dream big.
     |    If you're looking for willing
     |    companions, you'll find plenty of them
     |    here.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Bah, treasure hunters, my eye!
     |    Bandits and grave robbers, that's all
     |    they are!
     |    This town would be better off
     |    without the lot of them.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, shuddit!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    No, sir, you shut it!
     |    Harrumph!
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Selkie * first * in town entrance ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hey-ho, what's up? You're new in
     |    town, huh?
     |    This place is the main watering hole
     |    for treasure hunters...
     |    searching for whatever's left of the
     |    ancient civilization.
     |    You've got a hankering for gold, too,
     |    right, kid?
     |    Well, you're going to fit in just fine
     |    here. This town is full of dreamers!
     |    If you're looking for fellow
     |    adventurers to hook up with...
     |    drop by the guild and talk to the guys
     |    and girls there.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Just one moment, PLEASE! Those
     |    so-called treasure hunters of the
     |    guild are nothing but grave robbers!
     |    You should know better than to try
     |    to mislead a nice young lad such as
     |    this.
     |    In the middle of this town there is a
     |    great library.
     |    Archeologists from the world over
     |    gather here to study artifacts of the
     |    ancient civilization.
     |    What better way for a young person
     |    to spend his time...
     |    than reflecting on the romance of the
     |    ancient civilization and partaking of
     |    its wisdom?
     |    Do not allow yourself to be led into
     |    wicked ways!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, pipe down, scroll-head.
     |    Of we didn't dig up those treasures,
     |    you scholars wouldn't have anything
     |    to study!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Poppycock! If you cared about
     |    learning, you would donate your
     |    findings to the museum.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hey, I gotta eat like everyone else,
     |    old man.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Harrumph!
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Yuke the second time ]
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...Well, young lad, why don't you tell
     |    me where you come from?
     |    There's nothing around this town but
     |    ancient ruins and wastelands...
     |    stretching away as far as the eye can
     |    see.
     |    I know of no other towns or villages
     |    nearby. And you don't look like an
     |    experienced traveler.
     |    It must have been frightfully
     |    difficult for you to come all this
     |    way.
     |    ...What's that? The forest, you
     |    say!?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    You don't mean THAT forest! The
     |    place where witches dwell and the
     |    trees grow so thick and close...
     |    that not even the sun can penetrate
     |    its eerie depths?
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Y-you shouldn't joke about things like
     |    that.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Selkie the second time ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    So, anyway. Where'd you come from,
     |    kid?
     |    There ain't nothing around here but
     |    ruins and wastelands.
     |    No villages, no towns at all. You
     |    don't LOOK like a traveler...
     |    It must have been real tough coming
     |    out all this way.
     |    ...Say what? You came from the
     |    forest?
     |    You're kidding, right? "Primeval"
     |    doesn't even begin to describe it.
     |    People don't live in that forest.
     |    Heck, not even us treasure hunters
     |    have taken more than three steps into
     |    it.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes. The townspeople often
     |    speak of the witch that they believe
     |    lives there.
     |    Of course, it's just a superstition,
     |    but clearly the forest is a
     |    dangerous, dangerous place.
     |    You'd best stay well away from it,
     |    young lad.
     |    And, please, don't joke about living
     |    there. People here might get the
     |    wrong idea...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...Hmmm.
     |    A joke... Yeah, I guess it had to be.
     |    ...Right?
     |    ...
    
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
     * Dark humor doesn't suit you. Forget
       about that forest, and stop telling
       stories about it!
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the dog on the Equipment shop desk ]
    
    {Dog} :
    
       Woof?
    
    
    [ If you talk to the cat near the Custom Fabrication shop ]
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow!
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Oooh, my Claus Kaiser is being all
     |    affectionate!
     |    *cough*
     |    Ahem, do excuse me.
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Purr!
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Oh, he must really like you. He never
     |    does that to me!
     |    ...
     |    Not that I'm JEALOUS or anything...
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     | *  Meow!
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     | *  ...Tsk.
    
    
    {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
    
       Welcome!
     * From morning to night, Ye Compleat
       Adventurer is here to support all
       your exploring and plundering needs.
       Eh? Crystal sickness medicine?
       This isn't a pharmacy, you know...
       and I've never heard of that disease.
       Would a nice flask of Cure do the
       trick?
       That's about all we have in stock.
    
       [ After buying, first time only ]
    
       We're working with our suppliers to
       expand our range. Drop by every now
       and then to see what's new.
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you!
    
    
    {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
    
     * Hello. Welcome to Custom
       Fabrications.
       We produce custom items using
       materials provided by our clients.
       Not only can we customize equipment
       you already own...
       but if you buy a scroll, we can take
       your custom orders and produce
       completely new items.
       What can we do for you today?
       Hm? Medicine for crystal sickness?
       Well, I'm afraid we can't help you
       with that.
       Perhaps there's something else we can
       do for you?
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
       Hello. I haven't seen you before. Are
       you new in town?
       This is the main plaza, and over
       there is the great library. It's the
       town's pride and joy.
       It was built at the same time as the
       ancient ruins that surround the town.
       But over the centuries, it's been
       renovated and rebuilt so many
       times...
       it's become like a maze inside.
       People were always getting lost, so
       the authorities sealed most of it
       off.
       Nowadays, hardly anyone knows what
       lies in the deeper recesses of the
       building.
    
       But listen to me, I sound like a tour
       guide! I mean, you don't LOOK like a
       tourist.
       And my guess is you're not here for
       the archeology or the treasure
       hunting...
       Hm? Medicine for crystal sickness?
       I've never heard of that disease!
       Maybe you should ask the old
       gentleman in the library?
       I think he's read every book in that
       library. He must know everything
       about everything!
       I'm sure he would be able to help.
    
     * If you want to know about that
       crystal stuff, talk to the old man in
       the library.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       Eh? The crystal sickness? Naw,
       can't say I've ever heard of it.
       Sounds bad, though!
       ...
       Is that right? It's something that
       kids catch?
       Well, I've always been as strong as
       an ox, so I wouldn't know anything
       about getting sick.
       Why don't you try asking someone
       else?
       Oooh, I know. You could go to the
       library. I'm sure they have books
       about medicine.
       That great huge library takes up half
       of the town. It would be nice if someone
       got some use out of it!
    
     * If you went to the library, I bet
       you'd find books about medicine.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Clavat Man 1 or Male Lilty near the town fountain ]
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Ew, there it is AGAIN.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Yeah. The town fountain is turning
     |    into something the swamp thing
     |    wouldn't want to live in!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Man, it stinks.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  Sure does.
     |    It's kind of like rotting fish and wet
     |    fur, all at the same time. Yuck.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    We've got to do something! You think
     |    an animal has gotten into the
     |    underground aqueducts?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ungh, I feel sick. Why don't YOU
     |    check it out? I really don't like
     |    dank, smelly places.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Who does? Except, maybe, for certain
     |    magic beasts. Which I'm not, by the
     |    way!
     |    Wait. You don't think...?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  PHEW-EE!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Yep. Super stinky.
    
    
    [ If you talk either to the Lilty Kid, her Mother, or the female Yuke ]
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    AWWW, come ON!
     |    Please-please-PLEASE!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    That's enough! I told you, if you
     |    drink too many cold drinks you'll get
     |    a tummy ache.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    But I'm so THIIIRSTY...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Then drink some water.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    EWWW, no WAY!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    You know what happens to naughty
     |    children, don't you?
     |    The wicked witch of the forest
     |    comes and takes them away!
     |    And once you're in the woods, you
     |    won't ever be able to get out again.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Oh, that's not true. That's just a
     |    stupid story to scare kids.
     |    There aren't any witches in the
     |    forest.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Actually, every word of it is true.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Eh...?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Y-you're just trying to scare me. But
     |    I don't believe in witches!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    I used to think the same. That is,
     |    until I went to the forest and saw
     |    the witch with my very own eyes!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    N-no way...!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yep. I saw her, all right.
     |    It was years and years ago now.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Oh, so it's an OLD story, is it?
     |    Well, I guess we're safe now, right?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    People have been telling stories
     |    about a young girl wandering that
     |    forest for as long as I can remember.
     |    I suppose people figured she must be
     |    a witch or something.
     |    Anyway, the stories have been passed
     |    from parent to child down through
     |    the years.
     |    My mother heard it from her
     |    grandmother, and SHE heard it from
     |    my gerat-granddad. And so on.
     |    We Yukes live long, long lives.
     |    But when I saw that girl in the
     |    forest, she looked just like she's
     |    described in the old stories.
     |    So imagine how old she must be!
     |    The lands around here are full of
     |    ruins from the ancient civilization. I
     |    wonder if that girl...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Waaaaaaaaah!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    That reminds me, there was a girl
     |    from town a few years ago who
     |    dissapeared into the forest.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Right, a young Yuke girl.
     |    Her name was Norschtalen, wasn't it?
     |    She was always very timid. It must
     |    have been awful for her, alone and
     |    lost deep in that forest...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    *shiver*
     |
     | # Oh, she still gets lost there. #
     | # Hey, I live in the forest. #
     |   (The result is the same below)
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Hmmm...?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...Bw...bw...bw...
     |    BWAAAAAAAAAH!
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * Well, I don't know who you are, but
       thank you.
       You've got that girl so scared I don't
       think she'll go within a mile of that
       forest.
       Although, I don't mind admitting you
       manage to scare me a little, too.
    
    
    {Lilty Mother} :
    
     * N-No! You mustn't take my child from
       me!
    
    
    {Lilty Kid} :
    
     * NOOOOOOOOO!
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
       Hello, hello. I haven't seen you
       around before. Are you new?
       By the looks of you. I'd say you're not
       here to train to become a scholar.
       Oh, the innocence of youth! I
       remember when I first came to town,
       chasing my dreams...
       And then...
       It's funny how life turns out
       sometimes.
       My advice to you is to try lots of
       different things while you're still
       young.
       This town is chock-a-block full of
       adventurers like yourself.
     * It can be a lot of fun to go exploring
       with people you've never met before.
       Even if you don't share a common
       language, you can still enjoy the
       adventure together.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty or Clavat ]
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     | *  *sigh* I have the WORST luck.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    What's wrong? I thought you were
     |    really excited about that thing you
     |    found.
     |    What was it now? A treasure map you
     |    bought from the antiques shop,
     |    right?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Yeah, well. I went to look at it, and
     |    the stupid wind blew it out of my
     |    hands!
     |    It flew up into the air and then into
     |    the forest. Gone forever.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Well, well. I suppose the lesson here
     |    is not to open maps in windy places.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    *sigh* That map showed treasure all
     |    OVER the place. I really do have the
     |    worst luck.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    I AM sorry. How much did the map
     |    cost?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Two gil.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Er, I think the map was a fake.
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * I suppose everyone needs to have a
       dream.
    
    
    <><><> Library (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Larkeicus : Well... That old man... there's nobody else here.
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ Upon entering the Library the first time - MANDATORY ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Hm?
       Are you...?
       Can I be of service?
       ...Hmmm, I see. So a child from your
       village has fallen ill, ja?
       And vhen the villagers saw the
       symptoms, they determined that it
       vas the crystal sickness?
       it is strange that there are people
       around who still know of that
       disease.
       Crystals are powerful objects that
       emit continuous energy vaves.
       In small quantities, this is harmless.
       But if a person is subject to large
       amount of radiation over a sustained
       period, their body begins to change.
       That change is called the "crystal
       sickness."
       But it is a very ancient illness.
       The crystals are long gone from this
       vorld, so vhy vould anyone fall ill
       now?
    
       [ The crystal give by Sherlotta shine ]
    
       Hm!?
       ...
       Do I sense... a crystal? Do you have
       one?
    
       [ The crystal shown to Larkeicus ]
    
       Ja, ja, it is indeed a crystal. And
       one of incredible purity, at that.
       ...
       Does this mean that the crystals are
       returning? Surely, that cannot be.
       Tell me, child. Vhere did you find
       this object? Come, come, you must
       tell me!
       ...
       Ah, my apologies. First, you vant to
       help the child vith the crystal
       sickness, ja?
       I know how to make the medicine that
       you seek. Hmmm...
       perhaps ve can help each other, ja?
       There is something I need done as
       part of my archeological research.
       If you agree to help me, then I vill
       make the medicine for you. Vhat do
       you say?
       Good, then ve have a deal. My name is
       Larkeicus. First, to complete my end
       of the bargain...
       I must have a Buffasaur horn to brew
       the medicine.
       You vill find me one vhile I am
       preparing the other ingredients.
       The Buffasaur is a magical beast
       that lives near vater.
       It is very powerful, but easily
       succumbs to magic. Ja, it's scary, but
       not TOO scary...
    
       [ He then gives tutorials about using magic - more at [TT03] ]
    
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
     * To make medicine for the crystal
       sickness, I must have a Buffasaur
       horn.
       I vill await you here. Come back vhen
       you have found the Buffasaur horn.
    
    
    <><><> Town (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW02]
    
    * NOTE : *
    
    Just some quick note, if an NPC's script doesn't appear, it means that the
    dialogue/script is still the same with before. This is also true for future
    visits -especially- to town. For example, the other scripts at town that don't
    appear at Town (2) can be found at Town (1), etc.
    
    
    [ Returning from the library ]
    
    [ The other scripts are still the same, except this one - MANDATORY ]
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Yeah. The town fountain is turning
     |    into something the swamp thing
     |    wouldn't want to live in!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    We've got to do something! You think
     |    an animal has gotten into the
     |    underground aqueducts?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Normally, I'd be the first one down
     |    there checking it out, but I can't
     |    swim.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Oh. Do you want to know how to get
     |    into the aqueducts?
     |    First, you have to leave the town...
     |
     |    ( You've learned how to get into the aqueducts. )
     |
     |    You're going to check out the
     |    aqueducts for us?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Excellent. Nice to know there are
     |    still people around with the old
     |    community spirit.
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
     * Good luck. If you get rid of that
       smell, there'll be a lot of grateful
       people around here!
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
     * Good luck.
    
    
    <><><> Aqueducts Entrance 1 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [AQ01]
    
    
    [ Upon reaching the last room ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  BOSS BATTLE   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Buffasaur    <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After defeating the Buffasaur - MANDATORY ]
    
    ( You obtained a Buffasaur horn. )
    
    
    <><><> Library (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB02]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the Buffasaur horn - MANDATORY ]
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
       Ah, it is you. I have finished my
       preparations, and I have all the
       ingredients I need except...
       Ah, you have found a Buffasaur horn?
       Ja, ja, that is the horn, no doubt
       about it. Now, just vait one moment.
    
       [ Larkeicus is finishing the medicine ]
    
       And there you go. This medicine vill
       cure your friend's crystal sickness.
    
       ( You received the crystal sickness medicine. )
    
     * A sick child is vaiting for you in
       your village, ja? Go now and take the
       medicine to her.
       Come and see me tomorrow. Ve'll talk
       about vhat you can do for me in
       return.
    
    
    <><><> Village (3)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL03]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the medicine for Eryll from Larkeicus - MANDATORY ]
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Whoa, are you okay? You look as if
     |    you just ran a marathon!
     |    Is that...?
     |    It is, isn't it!?
     |    Hey, Lian, he did it! [X] brought the
     |    medicine!
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    R-really?
     |    Well don't just stand there, come on
     |    in!
    
    [ The scene shifts inside the house, Eryll looks becoming semi-transparent... ]
    
     | Lian :
     |
     |    Here, Eryll, take this medicine.
     |
     |    [ A bright light shine from Eryll's body ]
     |
     |    Eryll?
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Hey, Lian. What happened?
     |
     | Lian :
     |
     |    Hey, you're better!
     |    You're all better!
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Lian, you're squeezing too hard.
     |
     |    [ Sherlotta smiles ]
    
    [ Back outside the house ]
    
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Good morning, Po.
     |    I know it's really early, but I HAD to
     |    come over and say "thank you" in
     |    person.
     |    Because of the medicine you found,
     |    Eryll is going to make a complete
     |    recovery.
     |    Thank you so, SO much!
     |    I actually tried to follow you into
     |    town after you left.
     |    but wouldn't you know it, I got
     |    TOTALLY lost again. Ha, ha...
     |    I'm really glad we decided to send
     |    you. I don't know how I'll be able
     |    to repay you.
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    See you later, Lian. I'm going outside
     |    to play!
     |
     | Lian :
     |
     |    Ah, Eryll, you need to take it easy!
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Hey, [X]! Norschtalen!
     |
     |    [ She runs and trips down, nice touchdown... ]
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Eryll-!
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    Whoopsy, I fell!
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Eryll, you only just got better. You
     |    have to take it easy for a while.
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    You worry too much, Norsy. I'm fine
     |    now, honest. But thanks for caring so
     |    much!
     |
     | Norschtalen :
     |
     |    Well, I'm not the real worrier, you
     |    know. Lian... cares so much about you.
     |    Lian, he...
     |
     | Lian :
     |
     |    E-Eryll, are you okay? Are you all
     |    right?
     |    You're still too weak to be up and
     |    about. Argh. It's all my fault. If only
     |    I was a better brother to you!
     |    B-but never mind me. What matters
     |    right now is how YOU'RE feeling...
     |
     | Eryll :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Norschtalen or Eryll ]
    
     | [ If you talk to Eryll first, skip to the next one ]
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Ah, [X].
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Good morning, [X]!
     |    I'm all better now, thanks to that
     |    medicine you brought.
     |    Thanks SO much. You're the greatest.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    I'm very grateful, [X]. I really don't
     |    know what to say.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    You helped me, too, Norsy.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    No, I didn't do anything.
     |    All I did was get in Teacher's way,
     |    as usual. And then I said all those
     |    nasty things to everyone...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Thanks, Norsy. Really.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But I... didn't... Okay.
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
     * Really, [X]. I don't think I could ever
       thank you enough.
    
    
    {Eryll} :
     * Thanks to you I'm feeling all better
       again! You're the greatest, [X]!
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
       Ah-ah-ah-ah... Eryll, you fell over!
       You're still not better yet. You have
       to take it easy...
       Argh, it's all my fault.
       If only I looked out for you better.
       Boy, did I ever mess up this time.
    
     * I'm about the worst brother in the
       world!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Bachenn or the village headman ]
    
     | [ If you talk to Bachenn first, skip to the next one ]
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Hello, [X]. You performed a great deed
     |    yesterday.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Ah, [X]. You performed a great deed
     |    yesterday.
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes. I'm very proud of you. Your
     |    coming-of-age ceremony and your
     |    first adventure, all in one day!
     |    You've become a fine young boy.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Hoho! I don't think "boy" is right. [X]
     |    is all grown up now.
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Indeed, my dear Bachenn, indeed. In
     |    this case, I must concede the point.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    WAHAHAHA!
     |    Hahaha...ha......
    
     | [ If you talk to Bachenn next, skip this over ]
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    So, gramps.
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    What?
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Have you been practicin' your debatin'
     |    again this morning?
     |    I mean, "concede the point"? Who
     |    ever says anything like that?
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Why, you...!?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Bachenn again ]
    
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     | *  *chuckle*
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     | *  Grrr...
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
     * Hmph.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Toumli, Phelple, Ullz, or Tratt the first time ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    What on earth were you thinking?
     |    Look at what a mess you made of your
     |    nice clean laundry!
     |    Do you realize how long that took me
     |    to do? I TOLD you not to play
     |    around here.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    No, Mum, you got it wrong. We
     |    weren't playin' with the LAUNDRY...
     |    We were just swingin' from the rope
     |    the clothes were hanging from. Whee,
     |    whee!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    That's it, Ullz. No desert for you
     |    tonight!
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    AAAAAAAAAW, NO WAAAAAAY!!!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Ha-HA!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    You, too, Phelple, I'm just as mad at
     |    you. How about an apology?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Yeah, yeah, sure...
     |    That is to say, okay! I mean, I'm
     |    sorry. Really!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Arrrrrrgh! I am SO, SO sorry!
     |    I've tried my best with this child,
     |    but he just never, EVER learns. Can
     |    you please forgive him?
     |    He wasn't always like this, you know.
     |    Ever since he lost his...
     |    *sob* It's true. It's all my fault.
     |    Blame me, not him!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Er... Toumli?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, I'm SO sorry. I must be SO
     |    annoying when I'm like this. I'm just a
     |    silly, silly, SILLY woman.
     |    Can you ever forgive someone who is
     |    so useless?
     |    If I could turn myself invisible, I
     |    would, I really would! Maybe I'll go
     |    and hide in a corner...
     |    But everyone would still see me. I
     |    can't even DISAPPEAR properly.
     |    M-maybe I could go buy everyone a
     |    drink? Then I wouldn't be totally
     |    useless, would I?
     |    I'd love a big frosty coconut and
     |    cabbage milkshake right now.
     |    *titter* Milkshakes are just about
     |    the yummiest thing around, don't you
     |    think?
     |    Aaargh, sorry, SORRY! Oh, I DO wish
     |    I could stop talking about myself!
     |    I've done it again, haven't I? I've
     |    gone and talked and talked and talked
     |    and bored everyone to tears...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Er, look...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Waaah! You want me to keep talking?
     |    Really? Is that what you want?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Er, gosh, no!
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Ullz's mother again ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     | *  Well, you two. I hope you realize
     |    what you've done.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  N-nnnnnnnnngh...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     | *  ... *sigh*
    
    
    {Toumli} :
    
     * Waaaaaah! I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.
       Silly, silly, useless me!
    
    
    {Ullz} :
    
     * Hmmm... dinner...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Phelple again ]
    
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Oh, hey, [X]. Sorry, we're kind of
     |    having a conversation... I think.
     |    Anyway, I heard all about it, how you
     |    went and got medicine for Eryll.
     |    Man, you are SOOO lucky. I wish I
     |    got to be the hero, but I'm not as
     |    pushy as you.
     |    But, anyway...
     |    I guess...
     |    What you did... was kind of cool.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Oh, I never. If you want to tell [X]
     |    something, then spit it out. Stop
     |    mumbling all the time!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Aaah, I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    No, no, I don't mean you...
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Er, yeah. So, like, thanks.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Phelple again ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     | *  When are you kids going to start
     |    acting your age?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  Aaah, I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     | *  Sheesh. [X], see you later, okay?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill or Sherlotta ]
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hm?
     |    Good morning, sleepy head. Finally
     |    out of bed, are you?
     |    When are you going to start getting
     |    up the same time as everyone
     |    else?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Hello, young [X]. Ye had quite the day
     |    yesterday, didn't ye?
     |    I haven't seen Norschtalen look so
     |    happy in a long time.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, yesterday WAS quite the day. I
     |    guess you deserve the morning off.
     |    ...
     |    What? You're going into town
     |    AGAIN?
     |    Oh, all right. If you want to go that
     |    badly, I guess I can't stop you.
     |    But be careful, do you hear? I know
     |    it all seems new and exciting now,
     |    but don't overdo it.
     |    And don't you go hanging around with
     |    people you don't know.
     |    Oh, and one more thing. Make sure
     |    you get back by nightfall, you hear?
     |    Or you'll have the whole village
     |    worried about you.
     |    Hmmm, anything else...? Do you have
     |    everything you need? Handkerchief in
     |    case you get a runny nose?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Tsk. Once a fussbucket, always a
     |    fussbucket.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm just making sure he has everything
     |    he needs!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill again ]
    
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    *yawn* Oh, I'm still half-asleep.
     |    I tell ye, that Norschtalen and her
     |    sense of direction will be the death
     |    of me!
     |    Even for a mage like myself, marching
     |    through the forest in the middle of
     |    the night is no piece of cake.
     |    That girl may be small, but she has
     |    enough energy for a woman ten times
     |    her size!
     |    Hm. I suppose she was just so
     |    desperate to help Eryll any way she
     |    could.
     |    ...Aye.
     |    Ye know, I think it's about time I
     |    started teaching that girl real
     |    magic.
     |    She wants to learn so much.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Hehe. So you DO care!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Harrumph. I don't know what ye're
     |    talking about.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, it's just that you're sounding a
     |    bit like -oh, I don't know- a
     |    fussbucket, maybe?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    N-nonsense!
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
     * I'm a teacher. Of course I have to
       keep the welfare of my students in
       mind.
       ...Although, make sure ye don't tell
       Norschtalen that, ye hear me, [X]?
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * I guess yesterday you didn't have time
       to explore the town properly. Well,
       now's your chance.
       Have a good time... and DO be careful!
    
    
    <><><> Gate (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT02]
    
    
    {Guard} :
    
       *sigh*
       Bored, bored, bored...
       So this gate here is an ancient ruin,
       right?
       They tell me it was built, what,
       2000 years ago?
       So my question is this: How come it
       looks so new?
    
     * ...*sigh*
       Nothing to report. As usual.
    
    
    <><><> Town (3) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW03]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Artemicion : the Purple moogle
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
       Oh, hello youngster. Have you been
       wandering around since yesterday?
       How do you like the town, then? Did
       you visit the library?
       A famous scholar called Larkeicus
       seems to be in charge there.
       It's only natural. He's the most
       knowledgeable of all the scholars in
       this town.
       Indeed, in my younger days I begged
       him to take me on as his student, but
       he turned me down.
       He told me that true knowledge lies
       in your own heart, and you can't have
       it spoon-fed to you by others.
       Oh, he took the scales off my eyes,
       he did! Of course, I was still very
       young.
    
       You know, now that I think about it,
       he hasn't changed much since then.
       it must have been decades ago, but
       even then he seemed very old.
       He looks like a Clavat to me, but
       they don't usually live such long
       lives.
       But he still has so much energy! I
       wish he'd tell me his secret.
    
     * *sigh* I can't say I enjoy growing
       old.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       Hey-ho, kiddo. Did you stop by the
       guild yet?
       The guild district's over that way.
       You should check it out if you have a
       chance.
       You can pick up fellow adventurers
       and sign up for quests.
       Some quests can pay serious cash if
       you succedd. It's a great way to earn
       extra gil.
       They add new quests all the time, so
       be sure to drop by whenever you have
       some free time.
       But, to be honest, most quests aren't
       somethin' you want to do your own.
    
     * I ain't telling you how to live your
       life or anythin'...
       but don't come cryin' to me if you
       ignore good advice and it all goes
       pear-shaped.
    
    
    {Dog} :
    
     * WOOF!
    
    
    {Cat} :
    
     * Meow.
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
       Oh, hello. We met yesterday, didn't
       we? Did you talk to the gentleman in
       the library?
       Oh, I see. He made you medicine, and
       now you're helping him in return?
       That's very admirable.
       Obviously, you are a young man who
       knows how to keep a promise!
       Speaking of which, someone went
       down to the aqueducts yesterday and
       cleaned them all out.
       When I see young people like you, I
       have hope for the future of this
       town.
    
     * You're a fine young man. Keep up the
       good work!
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Male Lilty or Clavat Man near the fountain ]
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    *sigh* I bet it's stinky today, too...
     |    Or maybe not!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    I guess someone cleaned up the
     |    aqueducts for us.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Wow, we owe them a really big
     |    thanks. Can you imagine actually
     |    going IN there? EEE-YUCK!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    That's just because you can't swim.
     |    Normally, that water is very clean.
     |    It's not like it's sewage or anything.
     |    I heard that woth all the complaints,
     |    the guild sent people down there this
     |    morning.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    But the smell is already gone.
     |    Someone beat them to it...
     |    without being asked and for no
     |    reward. Talk about a good samaritan!
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  In any case, all those guild folk who
     |    went down there this morning are
     |    just wasting their time.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  I'd still love to know what caused it
     |    in the first place. Wouldn't you?
    
    
    [ If you talk either to the Lilty Kid or her Mother ]
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Mummy, that person...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Shhh, now. Don't stare.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Selkie Girl or Female Yuke in the bar ]
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Hey, give me a root beer, would you?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Ah, must be nice to be young.
     |    Glugging soda in the middle of the
     |    day.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    I'd rather be out adventurin', but
     |    these days the only way to make
     |    money is with quests.
     |    Say, you haven't heard about any
     |    treasure, have you?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Look, this isn't a soda fountain, and
     |    it isn't a free information service,
     |    either. Here, drink this.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    What is it? A new kind of shake?
     |    *glug glug glug*
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    It's seaweed juice.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    *gag* PPPLTTTTTTH!
     |    T-t-too b-b-bitter...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    I thought plain old seaweed would be
     |    boring, so I added some raw bitter
     |    melon peel. I bet it's good for you.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Raw bitter melon? Are you mad?
     |    Couldn't you have used something that
     |    tastes good, like carrots?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    But they wouldn't go with the
     |    seaweed.
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Did you hear about Ice Mountain?
     |    Someone put some signs up at the
     |    foot at the mountain.
     |    It might be information about a
     |    quest. You should go and check it
     |    out.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Naw, I think I'll pass. I'm more the
     |    tropical type, if you know what I
     |    mean.
     |    If it is a quest, someone else will
     |    tell the guild about it eventually.
     |    When they do, I'll sign up there.
     |    *sigh* I wish SOMEONE would come
     |    by with news about treasure!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Here, have another drink.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Ah, cheers. Down the hatch...
     |    *glug glug*
     |    *gag* PPPLTTTTTTH!
     | *  Yeeeeee-UCK!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  You're not exactly the town's star
     |    adventurer, are you?
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * *pant pant*
       Er, sorry, but now isn't a good time.
       Oooh, I'm pooped!
       *pant pant*
       *gasp* Oh, boy...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty or Clavat watching at a purple Moogle ]
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Artemicion} :
     |
     |    Ta-diddly-DA! Friends, your long
     |    wait is over!
     |    I, who have sought beauty in every
     |    far-flung corner of the world, am
     |    HERE!
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Good grief. Where did this weirdo
     |    come from?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    He seems harmless enough. Let's just
     |    leave him be. We'll get used to him.
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * ... *sigh*
    
    
    {Artemicion} :
    
       All you need to know about this town
       is that it's full of fashion crimes
       and its victims.
       But I'm here to stir things up and put
       some voom back in this city's vouge.
       Ah-ha! Here comes Fashion Disaster,
       Exhibit A.
       Whoa, what's with that haircut?
       Very, very dodgy.
       I'm a maestro with the scissors and
       curling iron. I can change your
       life-IF you're ready to be beautiful.
    
       # Make me beautiful! #
    
       [ If he thinks he can make the fashion tweaking, changing the hair color ]
    
     * Yes, yes. What you need... is this!
       Hoho, so cool, so cool!
    
       [ If the 'fashion disaster' is too much, especially for Yukes ]
    
     * Whoa, what the-?
       I can't do anything with THAT look.
       Move along, please!
    
       # I like the way I am now! #
    
     * Well, if YOU like it, then that's your
       prerogative...
       I guess.
    
    [ If you talk again the second time and so on ]
    
     * Do you fancy a new look?
    
       [ If he thinks he can make the fashion tweaking ]
    
     * My life's mission is to make your
       dreams of beauty and glamor come
       true.
    
       # Make me beautiful! #
    
         [ Same as before ]
    
       # I like the way I am now! #
    
         [ Same as before ]
    
       [ If there's too many changes already ]
    
     * No, no. Too many changes will damage
       your follicles. Keep it for a spell,
       my fashionable friend.
    
       [ The afterward scripts can be obtained again when you want some tune-in
         on your looks, the Moogle will be available in the first part / entrance
         of town on the second floor ]
    
    
    <><><> Library (3) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB03]
    
    
    [ After delivering the medicine and coming back - MANDATORY ]
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
       Ah, it's you again. How vas the
       medicine? Did it vork?
       ...
       Good, good. So, the child is safe...
       and now it's your turn to lend the
       helping hand, ja?
       You promised to do a little job for
       me if I made the medicine for you.
       Vell, as I told you yesterday, I am an
       archeologist.
       I am studying the ancient ruins that
       lie scattered all around this town.
       The legacy of the great civilization
       still lingers in the lands.
       This is a fine opportunity for you to
       experience some of the ancient glory
       for yourself.
       ...Hah...
       Hahaha-hahaha!
    
       [ Shift to scene, with Larkeicus still laughing ]
    
       You see, it is a simple task I ask.
       Simple as pie.
       Ja, it vill take some effort,
       but you are young, eh?
       No problem for you!
    
       [ The scene shows the Ice and Fire Mountain, along with the ruins atop ]
    
       This town lies between two mountains,
       like a pearl in a crab's pincers.
       on the top of each of these
       mountains lay ancient ruins.
       At some point over the centuries...
       certain parts have fallen away
       from the main structures.
       I want you to restore those missing pieces.
    
       [ Scene back to the Library ]
    
       Of course, if I vas younger, I vould go
       and do it myself. But now, it is not possible.
       The mountains are no place
       for an old man like me.
    
       [ End scene ]
    
       There are two mountains, but you
       should go to Ice Mountain first.
       Climb Ice Mountain and return the
       piece of the ruins to its proper place
       on the summit.
       According to my research, the ancient
       device there should still be
       functional.
       I'm quite sure some very interesting
       phenomena vill occur.
       Observe closely and report
       everything that you see back to me.
    
       ( You know the location of Ice Mountain. )
    
     * I vant you to go to Ice Mountain and
       return the piece of the ruins to its
       proper place on the summit.
       Good luck.
    
    
    <><><> Town (4) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW04]
    
    
    [ After gathering task and information of the ruins atop Ice and Fire Mountain
      from Larkeicus ]
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       *pant gasp*
       I went up Fire Mountain on a quest.
       Wow, is it ever hot up there!
       They don't call it "Fire Mountain"
       for nothing. There was magma and
       lava everywhere!
       Madness! Who thought up that crazy
       quest? Do they think we're made of
       asbestos?
       What's that? You're on your way to
       Fire Mountain yourself?
       you know, there was a strange sign
       up on the slopes of Fire Mountain.
       Something about a missing cow.
       Who would put a sign in a place like
       that where no one could read it?
       Well, except for me, of course...
    
     * In any case, be careful up there.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Selkie Girl, Female Yuke in the bar, Lilty Kid or her mother ]
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    *gag* PLLLTTTHHHFFT!!!
     |    Eeeeee-YUCK! Barforama!
     |    ...Huh?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty Kid or her mother again ]
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     | *  Hm?
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Selkie Girl or the Female Yuke ]
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     | *  Huh... You ever feel like you're being
     |    STARED at...?
     |    Oooh, you think maybe some guy is
     |    checking me out?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  You're not exactly the town's star
     |    adventurer, are you?
    
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
       What's that!? You're helping
       Larkeicus in his work?
       He accepted YOU as an apprentice?
       But you're so young.
       Are you some kind of genius?
    
     * Listen, can you put in a good word
       for me?
    
    
    <><><> Ice Mountain Entrance 1  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [IM01]
    
    
    [ At the top of the mountain, after putting the block to the ruins, the monument
      rise high to the sky - MANDATORY ]
    
    
    <><><> Gate (3) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT03]
    
    
    [ After activating the ruins atop Ice Mountain ]
    
    {Guard} :
    
       ...Yep, you can see it today.
       Oh, hello. You're new around here, so
       I guess you don't know about the
       mirage.
       It's not there all the time, but
       sometimes if you look through the
       gate, you can see it on the far side.
       It's like a great shaft stretching
       from the ground to the sky,
       flickering on and off.
       The weird thing is, you can only see
       it if you look through the gate.
       Apparently, it's always been there,
       since as long as anyone in town can
       remember.
       It's new to me, though, so I find it
       really fascinating.
       You want to know my theory?
    
     * I think it's a trick of the light or
       something that you can only see from
       this spot...
       and so the ancients built the gate
       here to sort of frame the image, as
       it were.
    
    
    <><><> Village (4)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL04]
    
    
    [ After activating the ruins atop Ice Mountain ]
    
    [ If you talk to Ilina or Lian ]
    
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    ... [ singing ]
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    You're looking happy, Lian.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Yeah, well. Eryll is feeling much
     |    better, all thanks to [X].
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    You know, we should give [X] a
     |    present or something.
     |    With all the fuss about Eryll, we
     |    never got  a chance to congratulate
     |    him after the ceremony.
     |    I was thinking of making a special
     |    dish for him. Something really
     |    delicious.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    That's a good idea. [X] loves a good
     |    meal.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    It's settled, then.
     |    So, [X]. What do you want for
     |    dinner?
     |
     | [ All choices give the same result ]
     |
     | # Curry. #
     | # Meat and potato stew. #
     | # Veggie soup. #
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    I guess we don't have to be too
     |    particular about the ingredients
     |    then.
     |    Now, Lian...
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Y-you're not going to dig up my lovely
     |    veggies just for that... are you?
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    I'll start with some carrots and
     |    broccoli and onions and...
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    You want Katrina, Matilda, AND
     |    Francesca!?
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    A salad would be nice, too. Tomatoes
     |    and lettuce and cucumbers...
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Clarissa! Lucia! Sophia!
     |    NOOOOOOOOO!
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Oh, why don't I just save time and dig
     |    it all up? I can decide what to use
     |    later.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Clarissa! Lucia! Sophia! Anna,
     |    Esmeralda, and Natasha! Pleeease,
     |    NOOOOOO!
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     | *  Oh, shush.
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
     * Aaargh, my beautiful vegetables...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Sherlotta, Eryll, or Norschtalen ]
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Eryll, should you be up and about
     |    already?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Oh, yes. Thanks to [X], I'm feeling
     |    right as rain!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm glad to hear it. He already did well
     |    the other day.
     |    But you have to take it easy, Eryll.
     |    Don't try and do too much too soon.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    But I feel FINE!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...Hey.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    WAAAAAAAAAH!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eeeeeek!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Wh-what are you doing, sneaking up
     |    on people like that!?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, I'm s-sorry! Gosh, I thought you
     |    knew I was here.
     |    I didn't mean to scare you.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Hehehe. Sherlotta's funny!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Grrr. What are you laughing at? I
     |    could have had a heart attack.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Er, Sherlotta?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What? I'm not that angry, by the
     |    way. Just don't do it again, 'kay?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    R-right, got it. Er, is that...
     |    a tail?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yes. And...?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    What's wrong, Norsy? What did you
     |    think it was?
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Well, it's just that... er, I didn't
     |    know. Sherlotta, do you really have a
     |    tail?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Uh-huh.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Yep!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    O-kay. But... people don't usually
     |    have tails, right?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I do.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Sherlotta does.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Isn't that strange?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Nope.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Is what strange?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Look, you're not getting my point!
     |    Normally, people don't have tails,
     |    right? So Sherlotta having a tail is
     |    strange, right?
     |    YOU agree, don't you?
     |
     |    [ Here comes the silly part... XD ]
     |
     | # Not really. #
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Arg, you only had one answer. That's
     |    not FAIR!
     |    I want you to have at least three
     |    answers to choose from.
     |    Now, let's try this again. Do you
     |    think the tail thing is strange?
     |
     | [ All choices give the same result ]
     |
     | # Why? #
     | # Nope. #
     | # Seems normal to me. #
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
     |    This... is... so... ANNOYING!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    She's weird.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     | *  Yeah. Crazy Norsy.
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * Strange Norsy.
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
     * It's all right. Fine, I get it. Having a
       tail is NOT strange.
       Common sense. Per-fect-ly normal.
       Not worth mentioning.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Bachenn or Aurdy ]
    
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
     |    ...PZZZTTTTTT...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    He certainly enjoys his sleep, doesn't
     |    he?
     |    I realize he was up late two nights
     |    in a row, but really, how much sleep
     |    does one man need?
     |    *yawn* He's making me sleepy just
     |    looking at him.
     |    But still, it's nice and quiet around
     |    here after all the excitement
     |    yesterday, thanks to you!
     | *  I wish it could be this peaceful all
     |    the time.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     | *  ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
     |    ...PZZZTTTTTT...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    As far as he's concerned, things are
     |    always nice and quiet!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Phelple or Toumli * first * ]
    
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Unnngh. Miss Tratt, my feet...
     |    They're going numb...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    You're not done yet. You've still got
     |    an hour of punishment to go.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Oooh...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    MY legs don't tingle at all. Here,
     |    Phelple, why don't you come and sit
     |    on Mummy's lap?
     |    When you were little, you always
     |    liked playing huggies. You don't mind
     |    being hugged by your Mummy, do you?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Er, no. I guess not.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Aw, are you blushing? You really are
     |    the cutest little boy in the world!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Ah-HAH! See? You're spoiling him
     |    again!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Aaah, I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Look, you promised not to interfere.
     |    So why are you kneeling as well?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Tratt * first * ]
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Hey, you two! Your punisment isn't
     |    over yet.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    *groan* Yes, miss...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    I know...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Yes, ma'am!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Er, Toumli, you don't have to...
     |    Ah, I give up. Do what you want.
    
    
    {Tratt} :
    
     * No Fidgeting. You need to learn not
       to play in my laundry!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Ullz * first * ]
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, Mum?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    What is it? Do you feel sorry yet?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    When's dinner?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Sometimes, this child amazes me.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    You mean, it's dinner time!?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    No.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Oh.
    
    
    {Ullz} :
    
     * I'm hungry.
    
    
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     | *  Argh, I can't feel my feet!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  Be brave, Phelple, be brave!
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
     * *snore snore*
    
    
    <><><> Town (5) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW05]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Elen Dok : Penguin-like mercenary
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ After activating the ruins atop Ice Mountain ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
       ...
       Ah, you are so lucky.
       I wish I could help Larkeicus in his
       work.
       how exciting it must be!
       ...
       So, what is the great man studying
       now? Something to do with the
       ancient civilization?
       ...
       Oh come now, tell me something!
       ...
       Harumph.
    
       He must trust you very much if he has
       asked you to assist him.
       Perhaps you can do something for me?
       You see, I have this book he wrote,
       and I always wanted to get it
       signed-
       What? Is that PITY I see in your
       eyes?
       You just don't understand what it
       means to be a TRUE fan.
       Please stop looking at me like that.
    
     * Stop it, stop it, stop it! Don't you
       pity me!
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       Hey there, my Clavat friend. How
       goes the adventuring?
       in combat, you'll get best results
       by using weapons and magic that
       exploit enemy weaknesses.
       By the way, have you ever noticed
       your magic target ring flashing for
       no apparent reason?
       That means there's buried treasure in
       that location. Try casting a spell or
       two on the spot.
       Who knows what you might find?
    
     * If the magic target ring lights up in
       an empty area, that means there's
       treasure buried there.
       Try casting a spell or two on the
       spot. Who knows what you might
       find?
    
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    The shop clerk here isn't very
     |    helpful, to say the least.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Hehe...
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    He just stand there grinning at his
     |    cat all day.
     |    It's so irritating. I could do a WAY
     |    better job than him!
     |    Oh, it's you.
     |    I've seen you around a lot lately.
     |    More shopping today?
     |    be careful not to buy more than you
     |    need. Equipment gets better when it's
     |    broken in.
     |    Umm, do you want me to explain it to
     |    you?
     |
     | # Yes, please! #
     |
     | [ She gives some tutorials about equipments - more at [TT04] ]
     |
     | # Naw. I know already. #
     |
     |    Fine. Let me know if you change your
     |    mind.
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       Brrr... so c-c-cold. i shouldn't have
       gone dressed like th-th-this.
       I visited Fire Mountain, but it was
       so hot that I had to go to Ice
       Mountain to cool down.
       It was so c-c-cold, I nearly froze to
       death!
       But it wasn't all for nothing. Listen
       to this! I saw a strange pillar at the
       top of Ice Mountain.
       "Mysterious stone pillar appears out
       of nowhere! Ancient marvel comes to
       life in the present!"
       How's that for a scoop?
       ...
       Um, you don't look surprised.
       You knew already?
       Awww, I thought I was the first one
       to see it!
    
     * So you already knew. But what is it,
       do you think?
    
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
     * ......Ughhh...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Female Yuke, Selkie Girl, Lilty Kid or her mother ]
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Hello, and welcome!
     |    Oooh, I love saying that. It's like I
     |    was born to be a store clerk!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Have we met before? Do you work
     |    here?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    I just started here part-time.
     |    Pleased to meet you!
     |    Are you sisters out shopping
     |    together? That's so sweet.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Oh, um, no! We're mother and
     |    daughter. Do we really look like
     |    sisters?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Mother and daughter!? No way, can't
     |    be. You look like you're still in
     |    school.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    *giggle* Now I KNOW you're just
     |    teasing.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Speaking of beautiful people, we have
     |    a new beauty drink for sale. Not that
     |    you need it or anything...
     |    but it'll make your glowing skin even
     |    more vibrant. Would you like to try
     |    it?
     |    Although if you became any prettier,
     |    I'd be so jealous I'd turn green!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Well, I'm sold! Give me one bottle,
     |    please.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    One BeautyMax Double X for the
     |    young lady!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    That's some impressive sales
     |    patter...
     |    Her talents are wasted as a treasure
     |    hunter. She needs to open her own
     |    shop.
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Ah, here we are. One for the darling
     |    little sister as well. Don't tell the
     |    boss!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Oh, you shouldn't have! Say "thank
     |    you" like a good lady.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Um...th-thank you.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Awww, aren't you adorable? Drink
     |    this and you're going to be a stunner
     |    when you grow up!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    *giggle* Really?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Huh? We don't carry any beauty
     |    potions...?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Well, then. Shall we?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Yeah!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    W-wait! That's...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Too late...
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    What... *cough* did you... *cough*
     |    make us drink? *cough cough*
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Eee-YUCK! It tastes like sand soaked
     |    in soar grapes!
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Exactly. Something that awful HAS to
     |    work, right?
     |    So you can force it down and be
     |    guaranteed beauty, or throw it out
     |    and let nature take its course...
     |    One hundred percent organic!
     |    Concentrated nutrients for maximum
     |    effect! What do you say?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Mgh...
     |    All right, I'll take a dozen.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Urrrgh.
     |    Okay, me too... I guess.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Here we go!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
     |    *cough cough*
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Uggghhh...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    It's just so... bizarre.
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Tastes like... *cough* What on earth
     |    is in it?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     | *  Sorry, industry secret.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
       Oh, it's you. You're always on the
       run, huh? Wish I had your energy.
       You keep going back and forth to the
       library. What are you up to?
       He gave you medicine?
       So now you're helping that old man?
       He NEVER asks anyone to help him
       with his research. I wonder what's
       going on.
       Maybe he sees some potential in you.
       ...
       I sure don't, though.
    
     * I don't get it. Why would he ask you,
       of all people?
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Clavat men watching the penguin-like character (Elen Dok)
      you have the scripts on [MC2] ]
    
    
    <><><> Library (4) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB04]
    
    
    [ After returning from Ice Mountain - MANDATORY ]
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
       Ah, you're back! Did you find the
       ruins at the summit?
       Hmm, so they rose up and formed a
       kind of pillar? I see, I see.
       It's just as I thought.
       No, no, you did vell, my young friend.
       I didn't mean to keep you in the dark,
       but I anticipated just such a
       reaction.
       Now I know that my theories are
       correct. All those years of research
       vere not in vain!
       I vish I could share my excitement
       vith you!
       But for now, I vant you to go to Fire
       Mountain. After that, our business
       vill be done.
    
       ( You now know the location of Fire Mountain. )
    
     * Find the ruins atop Fire Mountain.
       After that, our business vill be done.
    
    
    <><><> Fire Mountain (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FM01]
    
    
    [ At the last part of the Mountain, a giant spider attacks ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  BOSS BATTLE   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  Lava Spider   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ At the top of the mountain, after putting the block to the ruins, the monument
      rise high to the sky - MANDATORY ]
    
    
    <><><> Library (5) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB05]
    
    
    [ After returning from Fire Mountain - MANDATORY ]
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
       Ah, you're back. Vhat did you see at
       Fire Mountain?
       ...
       Excellent!
       You are every bit as reliable as I
       thought you vould be.
       After all these years, I finally have
       proof that my theories are correct.
       Vord cannot express my gratitude!
       This concludes our business
       together. I hope you find it to be
       mutually beneficial.
     * Now, I am sure you are quite
       exhausted. Please go home and rest.
    
    [ Upon leaving the library, the scene below begins ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       [ Laughing ]
    
       The time has come.
       My theory that negates the fundamental
       laws of casuality vill be vindicated.
    
       [ Laughing again... even harder... ]
    
    
    <><><> Village (5)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL05]
    
    
    [ After activating the ruins atop Fire Mountain ]
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill or Norschtalen ]
    
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    Ach, what a great snooze.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    You slept in until THIS hour? You'll
     |    never get to sleep tonight.
     |
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    It's all right. I'll just stay awake as
     |    long as I can and sleep when I'm
     |    tired.
     |    I'll be back on normal schedule
     |    before ye know it.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Grown-ups aren't supposed to do
     |    things like that, you know.
     |
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    Ah, [X]. Did ye just get back? Ye look
     |    pleased with yerself.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Welcome back, [X]!
     |    Sherlotta has been on pins and
     |    needles waiting for you.
     |    You should go see her right away and
     |    let her know you're safe and sound.
     |
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    If ye ask me, that girl is way too
     |    over-protective of the child.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Teacher, that's not fair.
     |    ...But, wait. Haven't you been
     |    waiting here since this morning?
     |
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    Hm? Oh, er, no, not at all! I was
     |    just having a wee snooze. I wasn't
     |    waiting for anyone.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Thank you for waiting, Teacher. I'm
     |    home.
     |
     | {Waltril} :
     |
     |    Oh, er, right. Welcome back.
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
     * [X], you should go straight home and
       let Sherlotta know you're okay.
    
    
    {Waltril} :
    
     * But let's not tell Sherlotta about
       this, all right?
    
    
    {Sherlotta} - [MANDATORY] :
    
    [ If you talk to her NOT by your main character ]
    
       Hm? Are you with [X]...?
       [X] still isn't back yet?
       Tsk, that boy is late for everything.
       I guess all he's known is this forest.
       Of course he wants to explore the
       world a bit.
       But hey, this is [X] we're talking
       about. He'll be home for dinner, we
       can count on that!
       If you do see [X], tell him to come
       home right away.
    
       [ Sherlotta enters the house ]
    
    [ If you talk to her by your main character ]
    
       Well, well. Hello again, [X]. I was
       beginning to think you weren't coming
       back at all!
       It's okay, I'm not mad.
       When all you've known is this forest,
       the world must seem really big and
       exciting.
       Of COURSE you want to spend time
       exploring it.
       And you're a big boy now. You can do
       what you want.
       But you must be tired. Why don't you
       come in and relax. You can tell me all
       about the town.
       Illina made some dinner. I'll heat it up
       for you.
    
       [ Sherlotta and you enter the house, but the view still pan outside ]
    
       But you look as if you ran a
       marathon. What exactly did you get
       up to out there?
       And your clothes-they're covered in
       mud! Right. No dinner for you until
       you've had a bath!
       Tsk... How long do I have to look
       after you?
       *sigh* If I wasn't around... Behind
       your ears, too!
       ...
       .........
    
    
    [ A scene begins, it's night time, the moon is seen in full circle, while inside
      the house Sherlotta is looking at the sleeping main character, smiling... but
      then... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Huh?
    
       [ She suddenly loose her smile and watch outside ]
    
       *gasp*
    
    [ The scene shifts to the Mountains, where Larkeicus is shown holding a device
      and the ruins atop the Mountains is kind of being activated. A moment later,
      the ruins at both Mountains fire huge beams of energy that collide at some
      range between Ice and Fire Mountain. A pillar of light emerges as the effect
      of the collision. The big crystal at the middle of the pond in the forest is
      suddenly cracked. Scene back to the house... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Ungh!
    
       [ She looks in pain... ]
    
    [ Then the scene shifts to the Gate, Larkeicus and strange hordes of monster
      appear from behind the Gate... The pillar of light now reveals a huge tower
      and sends blast of energy to all directions. Back at the house... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Ungh!
    
       [ She looks in (real) pain now... ]
    
    [ The crystal at the middle of the pond in the forest shattered to pieces and
      disappeared... then, the game title shows up... enjoy! ^_^ ]
    
    
    <><><> Village (6)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL06]
    
    
    [ After watching the game title... I mean, in the next morning after the scene
      of the shattered crystal and the tower appearance ]
    
    [ The main character wakes up and get out of the house, outside there's a black
      cat standing in front of him/her, then runs away to the forest ]
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! [X]? You're all
       right!
       B-b-but, something AWFUL has
       happened! I woke up this morning, and
       everyone was gone. Everyone!
       Teacher, and Eryll, and Lian, and
       Ilina, and Aurdy, and Phelple...
       and Toumli, and Bachenn, and Ullz,
       and Tratt! All of them, GONE!
       ...
       Er, did I forget anyone?
    
       # Sure, that's everyone! #
    
       Oh, phew, that's a relief.
       ...
       Oh, wait. What about Sherlotta? [X],
       how could you forget HER!?
    
       # Er, what about Sherlotta? #
    
       Ah, stupid, stupid, STUPID me! How
       could I forget Sherlotta!? She's
       gone, too.
    
       A-a-anyway, there's no one left but
       you and me.
       What should we do? What should we
       DO!?
       Did they all just vaporize?
       Were they kidnapped?
       Did aliens take them away?
       Even the cow is gone!
       Now that I think about it, last night
       I remember seeing a strange light in
       the sky.
       Then right afterwards, there was a
       really loud noise.
       Oooh, they've been kidnapped and
       someone-or some THING-is doing
       horrible things to them!
       Waaaaaaaaargh!
    
       ## It's okay, calm down. Breathe. ##
    
       R-right. Get a grip.
       Breathing... breathing.
       ...
       Okay, I'm better now. Sorry about
       that.
       Anyway, we have to go search for
       them. I'll look around the village for
       clues.
       You know how easily I get lost in the
       forest. You search there, okay?
    
       ## Let's search the woods. ##
    
       Th-the forest? Of COURSE! Okay,
       I'm on it. I'll go straight to the
       forest and... er, get lost.
       ...
       Hm. Maybe I shouldn't.
       I know. I'll check the village for
       clues, and YOU go search in the
       forest, okay? That's a plan, right?
    
     * Eryll! Teacher! Answer me if you can
       hear me! Where are you!?
    
    
    <><><> Forest (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR02]
    
    {Eryll} (At the pond) :
    
       Oh, hi [X]...
       Right. You WOULD be okay, wouldn't
       you?
       Norsy is all right, too? Oh, that's
       good.
       Yeah, I'm fine. But everyone from the
       village, they...
       Well, the villagers dissapeared,
       didn't they?
       Look...
    
       [ The view shifts to the center of the pond, shows floating crystal shards ]
    
       I don't know what happened exactly,
       but last night the crystal just
       shattered.
       I looked all around here, but I can't
       find any of the Crystal Core
       fragments.
       They must have been blown far, far
       away from here.
       ...
    
       [ The view shifts back to the main character ]
    
       Please, [X]. Won't you look for the
       Crystal Core fragments?
       Then we could put the crystal back
       together and everyone in the village
       would be okay again.
       You see, that crystal...
       ...
       Well, let's just say you'll find out
       soon enough.
       You're going to have to learn the
       truth about the crystal all by
       yourself.
       I'll be waiting here for you, no
       matter how long it takes!
    
     * Please, [X]. Won't you look for the
       Crystal Core fragments?
       As soon as you find one, come right
       back here. I'll be waiting, no matter
       how long it takes!
    
    
    {Norschtalen} (After talking to Eryll at the pond) :
    
       Huh? Eryll was in the forest? So
       she's okay? Oh, what a RELIEF!
       It did? The crystal in the forest?
       Gosh.
       Have you ever heard the stories about
       the ancient crystals? I read about
       them in a book once.
       In the old times the world was full
       of crystals. They were the source of
       power for all the ancient technology.
       But then one day, they suddenly
       started to disappear.
       According to the legends, only one
       crystal survived. They called it the
       Crystal Core.
       ...Huh?
       No WAAAY!
       You think that could be it!? The
       famous Crystal Core is right HERE, in
       OUR forest!?
       Wow. The Crystal Core. Can you
       believe it?
    
       To think I've been living next door to
       the most famous piece of rock in
       history!
       But, now it's all smashed up. Too
       bad. I'd have loved to have seen it.
       Hm? You're going to look for the
       fragments of the Crystal Core?
       But they could be ANYWHERE. It'll be
       like trying to find a hairpin in a
       haystack.
       Hm, well, yeah. I suppose you're
       right.
       Back in the old days, pretty much
       everyone used crystals...
       so they must have had some way of
       tracking them down.
       Gotta think. Nnn...nnn...NNNNNN...
       Nope. No good. Can't think of
       anything.
       But I bet someone who studies the
       ancient civilizations would know.
       Like an archeologist or someone.
    
     * *sigh* I'm SO glad Eryll is safe.
       I'm going to keep looking for everyone
       else here in the village.
    
    
    <><><> Gate (4) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT04]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Guard 1 : The guard near the entrance who watch the box thing closely...
    Guard 2 : The guard near the gate, watching at the Monk
    Monk : The person in blue cloak watching and praising the tower
    Male Selkie : (See NPC description at Town)
    Selkie Girl : (See NPC description at Town)
    Clavat Man 1 : (See NPC description at Town)
    Clavat Man 2 : (See NPC description at Town)
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ After the tower appearance ]
    
    {Guard 1} :
    
     * What do you think this is, then? It
       looks like something's supposed to go
       in that slot.
    
    
     | {Guard 2} :
     |
     |    You came back to check thing out, too?
     |    People 'round here sure seem to have
     |    a lot of time on their hands.
     |    These ruins look like they were a
     |    gate of some kind, but they just lead
     |    to the edge of the cliff.
     |    Maybe there used to be a bridge here
     |    at one time. Although it's long gone
     |    now.
     |    There're lots of ruins like this
     |    around here.
     |    There must be a reason why the
     |    tower appeared where it did. I reckon
     |    the answer lies in those ruins.
     |    Man, this thing is bringing all the
     |    weirdos out of the woodwork. I wish
     |    they'd just go home.
     |
     | {Monk} :
     |
     | *  Woolawoolawoola... Praise the
     |    heavens, the gods do come to Earth!
     |    Rejoice, rejoice!
     |
     | {Guard 2} :
     |
     | *  ... *sigh*
    
    
     | {Monk} :
     |
     | *  Oooh, 'tis a sign from the gods! The
     |    great pillar reaches unto the sky and
     |    thus the heavenly light doth descend!
     |    Rejoice, rejoice!
     |
     | {Guard 2} :
     |
     | *  ... *sigh*
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
       My, my. This place was always very
       impressive, but that tower just
       makes it even more amazing.
       You came to see, too?
       Look around. Everyone is interested
       in the ruins, but don't you notice
       something about the land itself?
       I always thought the geography here
       was a little odd, but I could never
       put my finger on exactly why.
       You see this valley we're standing
       next to? It's kind of hard to see
       because it's so vast...
       but doesn't it look like someone just
       scooped out a huge piece of the
       earth, like ice cream from a tub?
       It makes you think, doesn't it? What
       in this world could have created
       something so enormous?
       Not that I waste any time worrying
       about it. Let the scholars puzzle it
       out!
       All I know is that the ancient
       civilization must have been an
       amazing thing to see.
    
     * That tower is impressive. But if you
       ask me, the valley is the REAL feat
       of engineering!
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * I guess everyone is thinking the same
       thing.
       They figure a bridge will appear and
       then we'll be able to reach the
       tower. I wouldn't count on it.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
       Wow, when you see it from here, it
       really is an amazing sight.
       I always thought this gate didn't
       make a whole lot of sense...
       standing here at the edge of a huge
       rift in the ground. But obviously, it
       leads to that tower.
     * I'll bet you a thousand gil that
       there's some kind of bridge that
       connects the gate to the tower.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 2} :
    
     * That tower appeared overnight.
       There has to be some way of getting
       across to it, right?
       I'm going to be the first to the
       treasure!
    
    
    <><><> Town (6) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW06]
    
    
    [ After the tower appearance ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
       Wh-what IS that thing!?
       I must be dreaming! There's no way a
       massive tower like that can spring up
       overnight-is there?
       Hmmm. You know, that tower reminds
       me of something.
       The design and style are like
       something the ancients would have
       built.
       But they couldn't have, could they?
       Maybe someone should ask that
       archeologist, Larkeicus. He might
       know what it is.
    
     * Yep. Larkeicus the archeologist
       would be the man to ask about that
       tower.
    
    
    {Dog} (Which...er, sells equipment... lol) :
    
       WOOF!
    
       [ After finishing/canceling purchase ]
    
       *whimper*
    
    
    {Cat} (Which run the customization shop... rofl) :
    
       Meow.
    
       [ After finishing/canceling purchase ]
    
       MEEEOW!
    
    
    {Equipment Shopkeeper} (Who left his shop...) :
    
     * Golly, that thing is impressive! I
       really want to go and have a closer
       look...
       *sigh*
       But then who would look after my
       inventory?
    
    
    {Custom Fabrications Shopkeeper} (Who *also* left his shop...) :
    
     * Oooh... something's wrong... I think I'm
       starting to see things. I really
       should stop working so hard...
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * Now THIS is an unexpected
       development, huh?
       I bet that thing is just FULL of
       treasure.
       I've gotta get in there before the
       other gold bugs beat me to it!
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
       Hey, aren't you going to the gate?
       Everyone else went there to check
       out the tower. It's like a ghost town
       around here.
       Usually this place is hopping. It
       feels really strange with no one
       around.
     * *shrug* Everyone'll be bored of the
       tower soon enough. People around
       here have short attention spans.
    
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Aaaaaah, I want to go, too!
     |    PLEEEASE!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    I said no! Who knows what that thing
     |    is? It could be dangerous.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    But, like, the whole town has gone to
     |    look at it. EVERYONE gets to go
     |    except ME!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    You can see it fine from here.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    You never let me do anything.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Once upon a time, a long time ago,
     |    there lived a young girl.
     |    One day, all the other junior scouts
     |    in town decided to go and explore
     |    some nearby ruins.
     |    But the young girl stayed at home
     |    instead.
     |    Her friends all fell into a trap in
     |    the ruins, and every last one of them
     |    was killed!
     |    Now, wasn't she happy that she didn't
     |    go with them?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Just because everyone else is doing
     |    something, it doesn't make it a good
     |    idea.
     |    Following the herd can get you killed.
     |    I often tell that story in my risk
     |    management seminars. The twist at
     |    the end always leaves an impression.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Are you sure about that? It's not
     |    much of a story, and as for the
     |    "twist"...
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Oh. All right then. How about this
     |    story? One day, everyone decided to
     |    have a barbeque...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ... and they all died of food
     |    poisoning, right?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    If you ever become lost in the
     |    mountains...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...climb upwards?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Okay. Imagine there's a huge world
     |    war going on and everyone decides to
     |    dig up this massive bomb...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    What kind of parable is that? Of
     |    COURSE you wouldn't join a
     |    bomb-digging party!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Look, would it kill you to meet me
     |    halfway here?
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    All right, forget the metaphors. If
     |    you ever come across a new place or
     |    new situations, tread carefully!
     |    You never know what unseen dangers
     |    might be lurking around the next
     |    corner.
     |    For example, there could be a deadly
     |    virus in the air. Everyone who
     |    breathes it dies instantly!
     |    Imagine what would happen if
     |    something like that got out!
     |    There wouldn't be any cure. The
     |    Authorities would be force to
     |    quarantine the infected victims.
     |    In extreme cases, we'd have to burn
     |    down whole sections of the city to
     |    stop the spread of the epidemic!
     |    Remember, some dangers are invisible
     |    to the naked eye.
     |    What's the matter?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  We're going home, right this instant!
     |    We'll brush our teeth and scrub our
     |    hands untill they're pink!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  Yes, ma'am!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
    
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
       Th-this is TERRIBLE!
       Oh, I don't mean the tower. Altough
       it sure is hard to miss...
       I'm talking about the monsters in the
       library!
       Someone broke the seal on one of the
       inner doors and monsters are pouring
       out.
       No one has been in there for so long,
       it's become a nest for all kinds of
       weird creatures.
       And now they're all over the
       library-they've even reached the
       main lobby!
       It's not safe in there anymore, so
       stay well away, you hear?
       ...Wait a second!
       What about that old man who's always
       hanging out in there!?
       Oh, no! He'll get eaten for sure. I
       have to contact the guild or
       something!
    
     * So you know how dangerous the
       library's become...
       you want to go in more than ever?
       Oh, well. I'm not going to try to stop
       you. Just make sure you've got
       everything you need before you do.
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
       Well, first the tower appeared and
       now the library has turned into a
       safari park!
       Everyone went to check out the
       tower, so the town is practically
       deserted.
       Oh, boy. What a day, huh? Hahaha...
    
       But I wonder. Who was it that opened
       the door in the library?
       It was shut tight with some really
       serious locks. No one was supposed to
       be able to open it. No one!
       But you know, I bet that old man had
       a key. What's his name... Larkeicus?
       He's a famous scholar so everyone
       toadies up to him, but I've never
       trusted the guy.
       He's always got that big, fake smile
       on his face, but if you look at his
       eyes they're as cold as Ice Mountain.
       Speaking of which, weren't you
       helping him with something
       yesterday?
       He didn't get you to do anything
       suspicious, did he?
       He might just be using you. I'd be
       careful of him if I were you.
    
     * I bet he uses people all the time. I'd
       be careful of him if I were you.
    
    
    <><><> Library (6) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB06]
    
    
    [ Finding Larkeicus to ask about the Crystal Core - MANDATORY]
    
    [ Upon reaching the locked library room ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       An ancient civilization once
       flourished in these lands.
       Its vealth vas built on technology
       derived from the power of the crystals.
       But one day, the crystals
       dissapeared from the vorld.
       Vithout its supporting energy,
       the civilization collapsed.
       Collapsed into dust.
       But now, you are holding one of
       those same crystals. How...?
       No, never mind.
       Vhat matters, are the results.
       You possess the very cause of
       that tragic catastrophe.
       But it is ironic.
       Vithout the power of the crystals...
       I could never have
       completed my project.
       If gods do exist, then I think
       I owe them my gratitude.
       Cause and effect. If the correct
       prerequisites are in place...
       then the event they are destined
       to trigger vill occur.
       You have performed your role...
       and the vorld has
       no more need of you.
    
    [ He summons 3 monsters then attack the main character ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Larkeicus 1  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After the battle, the main character take out the crystal, then it flies
      towards the unconscious Larkeicus. Vapour emerges from his body and he stands
      up again... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Ahhh...
       It's been a long time since I last died.
       Vhat's wrong? Never seen anyone
       rise from the dead before?
       I had learn how to defeat death.
       Although, in a vorld vithout crystals,
       the technique has become... difficult.
       Of course, that vill soon change.
       The catastrophe to come transformed
       the past, but this time...
    
       [ The vapour arise again from his body ]
    
       Vhat the-? Vhat is this crystals!?
       Vhere did you get it?
       Bah, curse you.
    
       [ He throws away the crystal ]
    
       If you are the one that sparks the catasthrope,
       ve VILL meet again, mark my vords!
    
       [ Strange runes begin to glow beneath him ]
    
       But vhen ve do, I vill
       eliminate you as the cause.
       The vorld vill be saved from tragedy,
       and the dark clouds lifted from our futures.
    
       [ He then slowly disappeared... the crystal is seen lying on the floor ]
    
    
    [ After picking up the crystal shard thrown by Larkeicus ]
    
    ( You got your crystal back. )
    
    
    <><><> Town (7) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW07]
    
    
    [ After defeating Larkeicus at the Library ]
    
    [ Second / mian part (plaza) of Town ]
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, you're safe. I was so worried!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    I heard the news. Larkeicus got
     |    stranded inside the library!?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    How was it inside? Was the old man
     |    okay?
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes, how was he!? Was he all
     |    right? Tell us, tell us NOW!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, settle down.
     |
     | # Resurrectedly fine. #
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Um, are YOU all right? You're not
     |    making much sense.
     |    Ah, I get it. It's a joke! You're just
     |    kidding around to put us at ease.
     |    Thank goodness. I was a bit worried
     |    for a moment.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Ah, resurrected, you say? That
     |    Larkeicus is truly amazing!
     |    I suppose it's easy for a genius like
     |    him to come back from the dead!
     |    Incredible!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    You think so...?
     |
     | # Vanishingly safe. #
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Vanishingly...?
     |    But, er, he's okay... right?
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Ah, that Larkeicus is truly amazing.
     |    He's always prepared for any kind of
     |    calamity!
     |    I suppose it's easy for a genius like
     |    him to appear and dissapear at will.
     |    Incredible!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    You really believe that?
     |
     |    In any case, it's good to know the old
     |    man is safe.
     |    So there's no one else left inside?
     |    What a relief. Everyone was so
     |    preoccupied with that tower.
     |    Usually they're just moping around
     |    town with all the time in the world
     |    on their hands...
     |    but when you actually NEED them,
     |    they're off sightseeing!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Truly! Just think of the damage to
     |    the world if such a fine mind was
     |    taken from us.
     |    Everyone keeps talking about gold in
     |    the ruins, but Larkeicus is the REAL
     |    treasure of this town.
     |    If ever the town needed to act in
     |    unison, it was now!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    ... *sigh*
     |    I'm just grateful that YOU were here.
     |    You're pretty dependable for someone
     |    so young.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, I agree. The young lad has a lot
     |    of potential.
    
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
     * Good job!
    
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     | *  Where is Larkeicus now? If you see
     |    him again, be sure to tell him how
     |    much I helped!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     | *  Er, helped?
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
       Everyone's back from the tower.
       They only left this morning, and
       already they're bored with it. Didn't
       even last a day.
       I told you didn't I? Attention span
       of a two-year-old, the whole lot of
       them.
       It must be nice, living life the way
       they do.
       Just taking each day as it comes,
       never worrying about the future.
       You're still young enough to chase
       your dreams, but you need to be a
       realist, too.
       ...
       I guess I'm still young, too.
    
     * Let's BOTH be realists, okay?
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
       Apparently, the guild has asked the
       state to investigate the recent
       events.
       They've really cast the net wide and
       picked up a LOT of information.
       Unfortunately, most of the info is
       from the folks here in town, so it's
       all pretty useless.
       I guess the news about pillars on
       top of Fire Mountain and Ice
       Mountain is kind of interesting...
       but stories about a new sign that's
       been posted halfway up Ice
       Montain?
       Who needs to know that?
       I mean, it doesn't take a genius to
       figure out it's just some quest
       announcement.
    
       Still, things have been appearing but
       of nowhere lately. That tower, the
       pillars on the mountains...
       All of them seem to be connected to
       the ancient civilization. Maybe it's
       some kind of omen.
       I'm betting that something is going to
       happen at the ruins in the desert,
       too.
       Oh, you want to know where those
       ruins are? Let's see...
       ...
       Nah, I'm not going to tell you.
       Ever since you appeared, strange
       things have been happening. I don't
       want to get involved.
       Sorry, but I won't tell you where the
       ruins are.
    
     * I'm not telling you where the ruins
       are.
       Ah, but I DID tell you about that new
       sign on Ice Mountain, right?
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Yawn.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Boring, boring.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Totally uninteresting.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Awesomely... boring.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    So, no new discoveries at all?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    That tower is really big and
     |    impressive, but it doesn't exactly DO
     |    much.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    It wasn't there, and now it is. And
     |    that, apparently, is it. End of story.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    If only there was some way to get
     |    across it.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    That's why you went to the gate,
     |    right?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Well yes, but when you think about
     |    it, that gate's been studied umpteen
     |    times.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    We thought the tower might have
     |    changed things, but no luck.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Couldn't you climb down the cliff and
     |    walk to the tower across the bottom
     |    of the valley?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    No rope would reach the bottom, and
     |    a mountain goat wouldn't try that
     |    descent without one.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    We would need supplies and porters
     |    and equipment, too. That terrain is
     |    pretty inhospitable.
     |    Besides, no one's been down there
     |    before. It might be crawling with
     |    monsters.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Plus, even if we made it across that
     |    expense, we still might not be able
     |    to get inside.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    I suppose we'll have to ask the state
     |    to send an expedition.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Well, I heard the guild already
     |    submitted a request for help.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Oh, boy. I wouldn't hold my breath
     |    waiting for a response. You know
     |    what those bureaucrats are like!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    ... *sigh*
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     | *  ...I'm tired.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Completely bushed.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  Yeah, me too.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     | *  So tired...
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * ...
       Look at these slackers, pretending to
       be some intrepid group of
       adventurers.
       This town is just full of losers.
       Seriously.
    
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    
    [ If you haven't talk to Artemicion before ]
    
    {Artemicion} :
    
       Bah! I traveled a long way to be
       here, but the philistines just don't
       appreciate beauty!
       But I haven't given up. I'm going put
       the vouge back into this city's voom!
       Ah-ha! Here comes Fashion Disaster,
       Exhibit A.
    
       [ If he thinks the fashion is OK ]
    
     * Well... that's actually a good use of
       color. Hmph.
    
       [ If the 'fashion disaster' is too much, especially for Yukes ]
    
     * Whoa, what the-?
       I can't do anything with THAT look.
       Move along, please!
    
    [ If you have talked to Artemicion before ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    What are you up to here?
     |
     | {Artemicion} :
     |
     |    Oooh, that hair...
     |    Er, actually that's a good use of
     |    color. Hmph.
     |    I'm a maestro with the scissors and
     |    curling iron! Hark, the bringer of
     |    beauty hath descended!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Let me guess. They booted you out
     |    from in front of the library, right?
     |
     | {Artemicion} :
     |
     |    Er...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    You WERE kind of in the way. But I
     |    don't think you'll get any complaints
     |    standing here. Good luck!
     |
     | {Artemicion} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Yes, sir.
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  It's not exactly the best place to do
     |    business, but good luck.
     |
     | {Artemicion} :
     |
     | *  Yes, thank you, sir. I hope to build a
     |    proper shop soon, sir.
    
    
    <><><> Gate (5) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT05]
    
    
    [ After defeating Larkeicus at the Library ]
    
     | {Guard} :
     |
     |    I kind of hoped all the weirdos had
     |    gone home, but there're more of them
     |    than ever.
     |
     | {Monk 1} :
     |
     |    Oooh, 'tis a sign from the gods!
     |
     | {Monk 2} :
     |
     |    The great pillar reaches unto the sky
     |    and thus the heavenly light doth
     |    descend! Rejoice!
     |
     | {Guard} :
     |
     | *  ... *sigh*
    
     | {Monk 1/2} :
     |
     | *  Oooh, 'tis a sign from the gods!
     |    The great pillar reaches unto the sky
     |    and thus the heavenly light doth
     |    descend!
     |    Wallah, wallah!
     |    Rejoice!
     |
     | {Guard} :
     |
     | *  ... *sigh*
    
    
    <><><> Village (7)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL07]
    
    
    [ After defeating Larkeicus at the Library ]
    
    {Norschtalen} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Argh! No matter where I look, I can't
       find anyone from the village.
       ...
       *sigh* I do hope Eryll is safe. I'd
       love to visit her...
       but the moment I go into that forest,
       I get completely lost. It never used
       to bother me that much, but now...!
       ...
       If they don't come back, I'm going to
       be alone here forever!
       Oh, [X]!
       ...It's okay. Don't worry about me.
       I'll be fine!
       [X], have you figured out a way to
       find the Crystal Core fragments?
       ...
       What!? No WAY! That old man
       Larkeicus?
       Crystals make him immortal? And
       there's some catastrophe coming in
       the future? Good grief!
       ...
       Gosh, [X]. I really have no idea what
       you're talking about.
       But you know, I always suspected
       that Larkeicus man was up to no
       good.
       At times like this I really wish
       Teacher was here. He'd know exactly
       what to do.
       Yeah...
       The Crystal Core shattered, that
       tower appeared out of nowhere...
       and in ancient times, a civilization
       collapsed when the crystals
       disappeared.
       But doesn't it just creep you out,
       that Larkeicus man being immortal?
       *shudder* The undead are weird.
       I don't know about you, but I'd love to
       know when Larkeicus became
       immortal... and how.
       And he can see into the future,
       right? I mean he knows about this
       catastrophe that's coming.
       So many mysteries! Just thinking
       about them makes my head spin.
     * You know, everything seems connected
       to the ancient civilization that once
       dominated these lands.
       You should try visiting the ruins in
       the desert, at least once.
    
       ( You now know the location of the ruins. )
    
       I'm going to read everything I can
       about crystals and the ancient
       civilization.
    
    
    <><><> Ruins (1)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [RN01]
    
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Veriaulde : The Yuke at the last room who transform into flying beast
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ Searching information of the Crystal Core - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the last room ]
    
    Veriaulde :
    
       Hm?
       Oh, hello, hello! I don't get many
       visitors down here.
       Why, I think it must be, what? 300,
       500, perhaps even 700 years? A
       long time, anyway.
       I'm affraid I have little to offer in
       the way of comforts, but please,
       come in, come in.
       Now what brings you all the way down
       to the depths of these ruins?
       You don't LOOK like a brigand or
       grave robber to me...
    
       [ A bright shine flashs... ]
    
       Hm?
       What's that I sense...? A-are you
       carrying a... CRYSTAL!?
       B-but that cannot be! All the
       crystals have long since disappeared!
    
       [ The crystal shard is shown to the Yuke ]
    
       The crystal...? Can it be?
       YOU? From the forest?
       Run! You have to flee...
       RUN!
       Arrgh...
       Ggghhh...
       Ung...gggh...argh...
       WAAAAAAAAARGH!
    
    [ The Yuke transforms into a flying beast ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>    Veriaulde   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After the battle ]
    
    Veriaulde :
    
       Ungh...urg...ahhh...
    
       [ He falls down and vapour arise from his body ]
    
       *cough cough*
    
       [ He rises again ]
    
       I'll never get used to this coming
       back from the dead business.
       Who are you?
       Eh!
       Yaaargh!
    
       [ He suddenly stands back, far away... ]
    
       My name is Veriaulde.
       You stay away from me, curse you.
       Stay away!
    
       [ Back to his sense, he approaches again ]
    
       *gasp gasp*
       Please forgive me... for what just
       happened.
       This is why I hid myself in such a
       secluded place. I thought down here,
       at least, I would not harm anyone.
       That crystal you are carrying... It
       is the Crystal Core, isn't it?
       Yes, yes, that one. You see...
    
       [ Again the crystal shard is shown to him, and again he stands back ]
    
       Aaaaaaaaargh!
       P-put it away, please! Quickly!
    
       [ The crsytal put away, and Veriaulde approaches again ]
    
       *sigh*
    
       It's been hundreds of years since I
       last spoke to anyone, and now this
       happens!
       No matter how much I atone for my
       crimes, they are not so easily
       forgiven.
       Just now, you saw me coming back
       from the dead.
       I am immortal, but as a result, the
       power of the crystals can...
       You see, my master remade me and
       transformed me. I was a guinea pig in
       his experiments.
       And then he...
       But you know the story, don't you?
       You are from that village, aren't
       you?
       The village in the forest where the
       Crystal Core appeared.
    
    
    {Veriaulde} :
    
       I've long since broken all contact
       with the outside world. News of the
       surface does not reach me here.
       But surely other crystals have not
       been discovered? Is the world still
       without crystals?
       Yes, of course. Even after all this
       time.
       Perhaps they were just a common
       mineral after all?
       But no, that cannot be...
       In the primeval age, how did the
       original crystals spread through the
       world?
       Could it be that the Crystal Core
       was the ancestor of all crystals?
       ...Ah, forgive me. I've been alone so
       many, many years. My thoughts have
       been my only company.
       So tell me, what brings you to this
       dark and lonely place?
       Perhaps you came to find me? To ask
       me for information?
    
       # Tell me about the ancients. #
    
       A long, long time ago, a great scholar
       came to this ancient land.
       He studied crystals and developed
       a technique to run machines on the
       power of the crystals.
       The device he built based on this
       revolutionary new science soon
       spread around the world.
       People were able to enjoy lives of
       wealth and ease beyond their
       imagination.
       The scholar came to be worshipped
       like a god.
       People were drawn to the new city
       built on this spot. Trade, culture,
       and the arts all flourished.
       Until, one day...
       something happened that made the
       crystals disappear, one by one.
       Without them, the devices that the
       scholar had invented were useless.
       Somewhere along the way, society had
       become utterly dependent on the
       crystals.
       People panicked. How would they
       survive? Anger and despair spread
       like wildfire.
       Wars were fought over the dwindling
       supply of crystals.
       In their anger, the populace turned
       against the scholar who had first
       given them the technology.
       Although he had determined the cause
       of the crystal's disappearance...
       he was powerless to stop the
       extinction. Soon enough, every last
       crystal was gone.
       In the blink of an eye, the scholar
       lost everything he had built.
       His name was Larkeicus.
       That genius, who had single-handedly
       built an entire civilization, was also
       my master.
       You see, I have been alive for
       centuries. I am immortal.
    
       Is there anything else you would like
       to know?
    
       ## Tell me about the ancients. ##
    
       [ Same as before ]
    
       ## Tell me about immortality. ##
    
       The cause of the crystals'
       disappearance lay in our future.
       A cataclysmic event had sent
       shockwaves back into our own time.
       When my master discovered this,
       something inside him seemed to snap.
       This was his research laboratory. He
       shut himself in here night and day,
       barely eating, barely sleeping.
       He was a man possessed.
       And then one day... IT appeared.
       Even as the other crystals were
       winking out of existence, a giant
       crystal appeared in the forest.
       We went immediately to
       investigate...
       We... went...
       Just to investigate... the crystal...
       ... *sob*
       But never mind, never mind. It's in
       the past now.
       When we returned from the village,
       my master called me into his
       laboratory.
       He had...
       he had a young girl with him... and...
       I'm sorry. But as soon as I entered
       the room, I fainted. I have no
       recollection of what happened next.
       Except that when I woke up, I found
       myself in this body.
       I think that my master had somehow
       found the key to his research.
    
       Hm, soon the time for talking will be
       over. But until then...
    
       ### Tell me about the ancients. ###
    
       [ Same as before ]
    
       ### Tell me about immortality. ###
    
       [ Same as before ]
    
       ### Tell me about the Crystal Core. ###
    
       That crystal was special.
       Yes, it was a crystal, but unlike all
       other crystals, it could not be used
       to power my master's devices.
       It was like an anti-crystal, denying
       everything he had built.
       It was worse than useless. It was as
       if it existed just to negate my
       master's work.
       But somehow it survived even after
       all the others disappeared. The last
       crystal in the world.
       Eventually it became known as the
       Crystal Core.
       But, there's one thing I don't
       understand...
       That crystal you carry has the same
       properties as the Crystal Core
       itself.
       But where on this planet did you find
       it?
    
       I think perhaps you've heard enough,
       but...
    
       #### I want my prezzie!!! ####
    
       You know, I still don't understand
       why you came here.
       ...No! The Crystal Core shattered!?
       I see, I see. And then the people of
       your village suddenly disappeared...?
       Most mysterious. It reminds me of
       that old ghost story-
       A village? A village in a forest?
       B-but could you be...? When we...?
       No, no, it's not possible. That
       was... centuries ago...
       Ah, do forgive me. It's just that I
       have certain... memories of that
       forest.
       ...Hm.
       Long ago the crystals disappeared and
       the great civilization collapsed.
       But the one crystal that denied all
       our theories survived, and exists
       even today.
       What does that mean? Now you
       seek...?
    
       [ Shifts to a scene ]
    
       A fragment of the Cystal Core.
       A fine thing indeed...
    
       [ He open a book, and a strange device appears before him ]
    
       Take it. It is yours.
    
       ( You obtained a prezzie! )
    
       It is a most useful tool that
       transformed crystals into the energy
       that once powered our civiliztion.
       More importantly to you, it can also
       locate crystals.
       At one time, we used it to find new
       supplies of crystals, back when they
       were abundant in the world.
       But after their disappearance, it
       became little more than a useless
       curiosity.
       The only thing it can find now is the
       Crystal Core.
       But that's exactly what you need,
       isn't it?
       In olden days, large machines
       required the power of large
       quantities of crystals.
       Theoretically, it would be possible
       to reconstruct such a device, but in
       this era...?
       I know that helping you won't absolve
       me of my sins, but I must do what I
       can.
       Now, let me show you out. I pray for
       your success.
    
       ### Look, give me a present already! ###
    
       [ Same as before ( You obtained a prezzie! ) ]
    
       ## Enough talk. Give me a present. ##
    
       [ Same as before ( You obtained a prezzie! ) ]
    
       # Do you have a present for me? #
    
       [ Same as before ( You obtained a prezzie! ) ]
    
    
    <><><> Town (8) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW08]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Del Dee : Selkie Mercenary, wearing red clothes
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ After going to the Ruins and meet Veriaulde ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Yuke ]
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     | *  *sigh* I wonder where Larkeicus has
     |    gone.
     |    Has he forsaken our fair town?
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    *whimper*
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, I wish we'd had the benefit of
     |    his insight.
     |    Larkeicus would have figured out a
     |    way to get across to the tower.
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    WOOF!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, truly! He is indeed the greatest
     |    archeological authority of our time.
     |    His genius rivals that of the
     |    legendary scholar who was said to
     |    have built the ancient civilization.
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Ah, so you concur? You're as smart
     |    as you look.
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     | *  WOOF!
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Um, could you please stop talking to
     |    the dog?
    
    
    {Cat} :
    
       Meow.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the guy first ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  Ah, my sweet lady. You're looking
     |    lovely as always!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     | *  Ugh. I just came down for some
     |    shopping, but I forgot that this guy
     |    is always hanging out here.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the lady first ]
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Ah...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oooh, that sigh! So melancholy yet
     |    tender. How about just one cup of tea
     |    with me?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    All right, that's enou...
     |    Oh, you...
     |    ...
     |    You're late. Look what I had to put
     |    up with while I was waiting!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...Huh?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Sorry, could you help me out here?
     |
     | # Sure. #
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Who are you then? What is your
     |    realtion to my lady friend here?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, darn... Name, quick! Tell me your
     |    name!
     |    ...[X], got it.
     |    Ahem. Where've you been, [X]? I'm
     |    very cross you kept me waiting!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...!?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    I'm just kidding! No, I'm not mad,
     |    really. Time goes by so quickly when
     |    I'm thinking of you...
     |    So, [X], what do you want to do
     |    today, sweetheart? For you, I'll go
     |    anywhere!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Sweetheart!? No, no, this can't be
     |    right...!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Hmm, it's getting chilly, isn't it?
     |    Would you like to come over my
     |    house again?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    AGAIN? Did she say "again"?
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Hehehe, you're so cute, [X]. Of
     |    COURSE we can hold hands.
     |    Now, now, not until we get home...
     |
     | [ If you select male as your main character ]
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Ugh, I give up. I surrender. I guess
     |    I'll just have to settle for being
     |    miserable and lonely.
     |    I'm lost, I'm lost...
     |    But [X]? I'd never have guessed.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Phew, safe at last! Thanks SO much
     |    for your help.
     |
     | [ If you select female as your main character ]
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    W-wait up! Let me just ask you one
     |    thing, at least.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    What is it? I'm a little busy right
     |    now.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    That's a...
     |    ...girl, you know.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Yes, I know what a girl looks like.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Wha...? But, uh... um...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Gender-wise, you're just no
     |    competition.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Arrrgh! I had, like, NO idea.
     |    Ugh, I give up. I surrender. I guess
     |    I'll just have to settle for being
     |    miserable and lonely.
     |    I'm lost, I'm lost...
     |    But [X]? I'd never have guessed.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Phew, safe at last! Thanks SO much
     |    for your help.
     |
     | # I'd rather not get involved. #
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, I'm not letting you go unless you
     |    cooperate!
     |
     | [ The result will loop unless you choose to help her... d*mn lady... XD ]
    
    
    [ After you talk to the lady ]
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
     * Thanks, looks like it's safe now. You
       really helped me out of a pickle
       there.
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * I'm lost, I'm lost. I'm totally done
       for.
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * Ugh, this town is so DULL...
       And now all that excitement about
       the tower has died down, it's even
       duller than before.
       Looks like everyone has given up on
       trying to get to the tower.
       ...
       Big surprise, I guess.
       *sigh* I wish something new would
       happen. ANYTHING at all, good or
       bad.
       Just as long as it gave us something
       else to talk about for a while!
       ...
       Tsk, will you listen to me?
       I'm talking to myself WAY too much
       these days. I'd better be careful.
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Howdy. I heard my friend here was
     |    being totally unhelpful. Sorry.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    No, you got it wrong. Risk
     |    management, that's all it was.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Whatever. So, you're looking for the
     |    ruins, right?
     |    Well, I can tell you where they...
     |    What, you've already been and come
     |    back?
     |    *shrug* You got what you wanted
     |    then, so no harm, no foul.
     |    Say, you didn't happen to meet that
     |    soldier at the ruins, did you?
     |    Word was going around that a soldier
     |    was looking for allies. It sounded
     |    quest-related.
     |    I went to see him, but he wouldn't
     |    say a single word to me.
     |    As if I wasn't good enough or
     |    something.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Well, level-wise, he would be
     |    correct.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    You really are just a big old meany,
     |    aren't you?
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  I'd be careful if I were you, or you
     |    might run out of friends.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
     * Look for the soldier at the ruins. He
       may have a quest for you.
       Although I'm pretty sure there's some
       kind of prerequisite.
    
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hmmm...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Er... what?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Pardon me, is my child bothering
     |    you?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    No, no. I'm sorry. It's just that we
     |    don't see many Lilty children in this
     |    town.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Well, yes, I suppose not. There are a
     |    lot of Lilties living here...
     |    but most of us like to go back to our
     |    hometowns to raise families.
     |    Of course, when the college was
     |    here, there were children from all
     |    over the place.
     |    They received an excellent education,
     |    too. Many of them went on to become
     |    quite well-known scholars.
     |    But it closed down a few years ago
     |    after that incident.
     |    I must say, the town got a lot
     |    quieter after that.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    I bet!
     |    You've got a lovely little daughter
     |    there.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Hehe. Thank you.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    You look like a little acorn. Now,
     |    how old are you?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    I'm not an acorn!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Tsk, you mustn't ask a Lilty her age!
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  How long have you lived in this
     |    town? Don't you know ANYTHING?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  Yeah!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  Hey, sorry, little lady. No offense
     |    intended.
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Ah, this is the life. A nice warm
     |    bench, nothing to do the WHOLE
     |    day...
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Slacking off as usual, I see. Although
     |    I can't say I blame you.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Seriously. That business with the
     |    tower? What happened to the state
     |    investigation?
     |    I don't think they're coming at all. I
     |    bet they find some excuse to call the
     |    whole thing off.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    If they can't be bothered, why should
     |    I? It's not like the tower is harming
     |    us or anything.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Yeah. Nobody even cares about it
     |    anymore.
     |    How about you? Not ready to give up
     |    yet?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Huh? Oh, um, well...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    *yawn* All I know is, I'm done with
     |    it. Good luck.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * ...
       You know, I'm NOT going to give up.
       If I do, then it will have all been for
       nothing.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty ]
    
     | {Del Dee} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Oooh, aren't we smart!
     |
     | {Del Dee} :
     |
     |    Ha, don't you go falling for me, babe.
     |    I'm too hot to touch!
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...I'll be careful then. Anyway, I was
     |    only looking at your clothes.
     |    I see it  a lot these days. People
     |    dressed up all fine, but without the
     |    personality to match.
     |    Most dissapointing.
     |
     | {Del Dee} :
     |
     |    Er...
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     | *  A loser is still a loser, no matter
     |    how fancy the packaging.
     |
     | {Del Dee} :
     |
     | *  B-but...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Del Dee, you get the script in [MC03] ]
    
    
    <><><> Gate (6) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT06]
    
    
    [ After going to the Ruins and meet Veriaulde ]
    
     | {Guard} :
     |
     |    Oooh, 'tis a sign from the gods! The
     |    great pillar reaches unto the sky and
     |    thus the heavenly light doth descend!
     |
     | {Monk 1/2} :
     |
     |    Wallah, wallah!
     |    Rejoice!
     |
     | {Guard} :
     |
     |    Yea, rejoice!
     |    Ah...
     |    Er, this isn't what it looks like. I
     |    was just bored, that's all.
     |    Stop looking at me like that, would
     |    you?
    
    
    {Guard} :
    
     * Oooooo...
    
    
    {Monk 1} :
    
     * Rejoice!
    
    
    {Monk 2} :
    
     * Wallah, wallah!
    
    
    <><><> Village (8)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL08]
    
    
    [ After going to the Ruins and meet Veriaulde ]
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       ...
       Do re mi fa so la ti!
       ...
       Alone at the end of the world,
       all I'm doing is pilling pebbles.
       La-LA!
       ...
       Now it's time to go-go!
       Grinding flour in the ant hill!
       ...Huh?
       EEEEEEEEEK!!!
       OH, my GOD, [X]! H-how long have you
       been standing there!?
       Er, not that it matters AT ALL,
       haha!
       ...
       So tell me, have you learned anything
       new?
       ...
       Are... you... SERIOUS!?
       You met some ancient guy in the ruins
       and he gave you a tool to find
       Crystal Core fragments?
       Oh, come on. You expect me to believe
       that?
       Gosh. So there really IS an ancient
       guy living in the ruins?
       And now you can find the Crystal
       Core fragments?
       Well done, [X]!
       Me? Oh, I'm fine. I'm used to being
       in my own. Honest!
       Although.. if you want to... you can
       come by every now and then. Only if
       you want to...
    
     * ...Oh, and about that song. You don't
       have to tell anyone about it. Okay?
    
    
    <><><> Aqueducts Entrance 2 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [AQ02]
    
    
    [ Searching the Crystal Core fragments (1) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the last room and defeating the monsters ]
    
    ( You obtained a Crystal Core fragment. )
    
    
    <><><> Forest (3)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR03]
    
    
    [ After obtaining Crystal Core fragment (1) ]
    
    [ At the pond ]
    
    {Eryll} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Oh, hey, [X]...
       WOW! You found a Crystal Core
       fragment!
       I knew you'd do it, [X]!
       Now let me put it back in its original
       place.
    
       [ The Crystal Core fragment flies towards its place in the pond center ]
    
    [ A scene begin and there appear to be a flashback inside the house where
      Ilina, Waltrill, Bachenn, and Aurdy watching at the main character ]
    
    Aurdy :
    
       The crystal sickness?
    
    Waltrill :
    
       It's a disease that afflicts
       most of us forest dwellers.
    
    Bachenn :
    
       But...
       B-but everything'll be okay, right?
    
    [ Sherlotta just come in and looks exhausted ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       *pant pant*
       I-I've got it!
    
    Bachenn :
    
       You did? All on your lonesome?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Never mind that now.
       Quickly, the medicine...
    
    [ Sherlotta fell ]
    
    Bachenn :
    
       Whoopsy!
    
    Illina, Bachenn, Aurdy :
    
       Sherlotta!
    
    [ Now the scene shifts from the main character's viewpoint, while the other
      villagers is seen still worried :( ]
    
    Waltrill :
    
       There, all better now.
    
    Bachenn :
    
       We... we did it. Yep, we did!
    
    [ The villagers looks happier now, horray ! ^_^ ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       What a relief. For a moment there...
       Yes...
       You've been so brave. Well done!
    
    [ The flashback ends... back to the forest pond ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       Ah...
       Did you see that, [X]? Just now?
       That was you, you know.
       Yep. When you were little, you
       caught the crystal sickness.
       Hehe, just like me!
       When I got sick, you went to town to
       find medicine...
       but when YOU were sick, Sherlotta
       was the one who went.
       But why did Sherlotta come back so
       exhausted and beaten up?
       ...
       Are you serious? You have to do all
       that just to make some simple
       medicine?
       I didn't realize how difficult it was!
       Thanks, [X].
       I'll never forget what you did for me.
    
     * As soon as you find a Crystal Core
       fragment, you come right back here,
       okay? I'll be waiting.
    
    
    <><><> Village (9)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL09]
    
    [ After giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (1) ]
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       [X], it's amazing, totally amazing!
       Lian and Ilina have come back! The
       cow, too!
       Well, they didn't exactly "come back."
       It's more like they
       suddenly... reappeared.
       Now that I think about it, it was
       kind of weird how it happened.
       ...
       Uh-oh. What if I was just imagining
       it...?
     * H-hey, listen, [X]. Go and see if
       they're really there, okay?
    
    
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Oh, hey, [X]...
     |    Er, yeah...
     |    So, like, we had to go out for a bit.
     |    Sorry we left without saying goodbye
     |    or anything.
     |    But everyone is going to be back real
     |    soon. You'll see.
     |    It's not like we didn't want you to
     |    come along or anything. It's just that
     |    things happened so fast and...
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Oh, quit fibbing, Lian. You always
     |    were a lousy liar.
     |    [X] will understand. He's old enough
     |    to handle the truth.
     |    Hey, [X]. It's so nice to be able to
     |    talk to you again like this.
     |    And it's all thanks to you.
     |    I was watching the whole time, [X].
     |    You've grown so strong.
     |    It seems like only yesterday you were
     |    just a little kid running around the
     |    village...
     |    but now look at you! Time really
     |    does fly.
     |    ...
     |    Oh, isn't everything just wonderful?
     |    Right, Lian? You're very quiet.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Who, me? Oh, yeah, right. Er... so...
     |    ...like, thanks for looking after my
     |    field...
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
       Where's Eryll? Oh, right. She's over
       at the pond with the Crystal Core.
       Since I can remember, she's always
       loved going there with Sherlotta.
       I guess that's why...
       ...
       Look, [X]...
       I know it's kind of late, but I never
       thanked you properly for helping
       Eryll when she got sick.
       We've lived together for so long, I
       always thought there was something
       special about her...
       and then when she came down with the
       crystal sickness...
       Well, I knew it for sure.
       Eryll has a mysterious role to play.
       Not like Sherlotta, and not like us
       villagers.
       [X], it's up to you to find the
       answers. But do me one favor, okay?
       Look after Eryll for me.
    
     * [X], please. Look after Eryll for me,
       okay?
    
    
    {Ilina} :
    
       Did Eryll tell you?
       Every time you return a Crystal Core
       fragments, this village changes.
       Well, not CHANGE, exactly. Sure, it's
       not like the old village, but everyone
       is still here.
       Of course, it's up to you to find out
       what it all means.
       When you've found out the truth,
       we'll talk again, okay?
       You have to follow your own path,
       [X], no matter what.
    
     * Good luck, [X].
    
    
    [ After talking to the 'really exist' Lina and Ilian ]
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       Yeah? It was the real Lian and
       Ilina? Phew, what a relief!
       But where did they go I wonder?
       ...
       Ah-ha! Maybe... yeah, maybe THAT'S
       what they were doing...
       Well, well. I didn't realize that
       they'd grown that close. Did you?
       Oh, gosh. I'm so glad I found out
       NOW. I mean, I wouldn't want to be a
       third wheel or anything.
       You don't get in their way either, [X],
       okay?
     * But, I sure hope everyone else comes
       back as happy!
    
    
    <><><> Fire Mountain (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FM02]
    
    
    [ Searching the Crystal Core fragments (2) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part and defeating the monsters ]
    
    ( You obtained a Crystal Core fragment. )
    
    
    <><><> Forest (4)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR04]
    
    
    [ After obtaining Crystal Core fragment (2) ]
    
    [ At the pond ]
    
    {Eryll} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Wow, [X]! Did you find another
       Crystal Core fragment?
       I'll put it back in its original place,
       just like the one you found before.
    
       [ The Crystal Core fragment flies towards its place in the pond center ]
    
    [ A scene begin and there appear to be a flashback again, this time in the
      forest, and there's Sherlotta ]
    
    Bachenn :
    
       Here it is!
    
    [ Bachenn and Toumli is seen carrying parts of the robot-machine in the forest ]
    
    Toumli :
    
       Uhm, where do you want this?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Er, over there is fine.
    
    Toumli :
    
       Okey...
       DOKEY!
    
    [ Toumli throws the body part with one hand... and it lands neatly in its place,
      while Bachenn finishes it by attaching the arms ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Thanks...
       Thanks for your help.
    
    Bachenn :
    
       It's our pleasure, ma'am...
       but are you sure the kid will find it?
    
    [ Sherlotta looks a little surprised ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Yeah, sure. Why not?
    
    Toumli :
    
       But it's different for us. This time
       it could be really dangerous, right?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
    
    Bachenn :
    
       I guess that's about it for us.
    
    Toumli :
    
       Er, yes. We're all done here.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Go on home.
    
    [ Bachenn and Toumli go back to the village, while Sherlotta is seen doing
      a little tweaking on the machine by... kicking on the head part... and
      accidentally it comes off and reveal its weakness part ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Whoops!
    
    [ Back to the present time with Eryll ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       Hehe. I guess you're as tough and
       stubborn as Sherlotta!
       We helped Sherlotta set everything
       up for your coming-of-age ceremony
       the night before.
       Tee-he. Bachenn and Toumli know
       Sherlotta really well.
       When you were fighting the battle,
       Sherlotta was SO worried. She
       couldn't sit still.
       Although she always tries to pretend
       she's tough and cool, she's actually a
       real softy.
       It's just that she loves you SO much.
       Of course, we all do, [X]. Everyone in
       the village!
    
     * As soon as you find a Crystal Core
       fragment, you come right back here,
       okay? I'll be waiting.
    
    
    <><><> Village (10)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL10]
    
    
    [ After giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (2) ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    [X], Tratt and Toumli are back!
     |    Isn't it wonderful? Everyone is
     |    coming home. It's SO exciting!
     |    But, one thing puzzles me...
     |    Why is it that every time you bring
     |    back  Crystal Core fragment, more
     |    villagers return?
     |    Is it just a coincidence?
     |    *sigh* Teacher is still missing,
     |    though.
     |    Where on earth did he go? How could
     |    he leave me all alone to fend for
     |    myself?
     |    I bet he snuck out for a holiday. He's
     |    probably eating like a king over in
     |    the town right now.
     |    I think I'm going to take some of that
     |    vintage wine he has hidden behind the
     |    bookshelf and make a nice stew.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    What!?
     |    Did you feel that? It was like
     |    Teacher was... right... here!
     |    You sensed it, too, didn't you?
     |    ...Hm?
     |
     | *  *sigh*
     |    I DO wish Teacher would come home
     |    soon.
    
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    So, what shall we do with this?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    She's always munching on the grass
     |    down by the river, right? Let's take
     |    her back there.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Sounds like a plan. She'll feel right
     |    at home again.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    But look at you! I guess they didn't
     |    call you the Mercenary of Legend for
     |    nothing!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, shush. That was just something I
     |    did part-time to pay the bills.
     |    Over time, the stories got completely
     |    exaggerated.
     |    Fighting is SCARY, and oh, I do hate
     |    the sight of blood. Just say no to
     |    violence, that's my policy.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Yeah, yeah, sure, that's what you say
     |    NOW. But where there's smoke,
     |    there's fire.
     |    Oh, hey, [X]. You're here just in time.
     |    Toumli and I were talking about her
     |    secret past...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    No, we weren't! [X] doesn't want to
     |    hear about that.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Hehehe. Say, [X], have you grown
     |    while we were away?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Yes, look at you. You look like a
     |    proper grown-up now, all big and
     |    strong!
     |    Oh, but where are our manners? We
     |    haven't even said a proper "hello."
     |    Hm? The cow?
     |    Well, she looked lost so we thought
     |    we'd just take her back to the river.
     |    Hmmm. But before we do that, I
     |    suppose we might as well get some
     |    fresh milk first.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Ooo-oooh, good idea!
     |    But we haven't been able to get much
     |    milk out of her lately.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Maybe we should try shaking the
     |    udder a bit?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Goodness gracious, you mustn't shake
     |    the poor thing!
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X]. I bet you want to know
     |    about Toumli's past as the Mercenary
     |    of Legend?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, he doesn't want to hear about
     |    that. It was just a part-time job I
     |    did when I was younger.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Now, how did it go again? Oh,
     |    yeah...
     |    Stronger than a hundred men, fists
     |    harder than steel, feet fleeter than
     |    a squadron of dragoons...
     |    Where she stood, the ground split
     |    apart as if cleaved by lightning!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, don't be daft. Can you imagine
     |    ME, running around after dragoons?
     |    Ha!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    In one single night, she defeated a
     |    thousand foes. Her allies hailed her
     |    as the Crimson Avenger.
     |    Her enemies whispered in fear and
     |    called her the Destructress of the
     |    Dawn!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Where did you come up with those
     |    silly names? Who could possibly be
     |    afraid of me?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    The fame of her martial exploits
     |    spread, and she became a commander
     |    in the King's Army.
     |    But she was so powerful, the
     |    neighboring contries feared that the
     |    King wanted to invade them.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Oh, puh-lease. I have NEVER been the
     |    cause of an international incident!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Wherever she went, war seemed to
     |    follow. Barren wastelands were left
     |    in her wake.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Now I sound like the Grim Reaper!
     |    Enough, please! You're going to make
     |    [X] think I'm a complete monster.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    You mean all those stories aren't
     |    true after all?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Er, why, yes. That's exactly what I
     |    mean. Complete fiction!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    What was that little pause there?
    
    
    {Tratt} :
    
     * ...Hm?
    
    
    {Toumli} :
    
       Tonight I'm going to make a big pot
       of cream stew.
       [X], I bet you haven't been eating
       properly while we were away.
       A big boy like you needs to eat three
       square meals a day. You come over
       this evening, you hear?
       I'm going to make the best stew you've
       ever had!
       Which means I absolutely MUST have
       a big urn of fresh milk.
       This heifer is going to give me milk
       whether she likes it or not.
       Come on, cow! Do your thing for
       Auntie Toumli, and then you can
       munch all the grass you like!
    
     * I'm going to make the tastiest cream
       stew you ever had, so don't be late
       tonight!
    
    
    <><><> Ice Mountain Entrance 2  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [IM02]
    
    
    [ Searching the Crystal Core fragments (3) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Scale Toad   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After defeating the monster ]
    
    ( You obtained a Crystal Core fragment. )
    
    
    <><><> Forest (5)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR05]
    
    
    [ After obtaining Crystal Core fragment (3) ]
    
    [ At the pond ]
    
    {Eryll} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       [X], you did it again. You found
       another Crystal Core fragment!
       That makes three. You know, I think
       you might just see something
       interesting this time.
       Hehe. You're learning all sorts of
       things, huh?
    
       [ The Crystal Core fragment flies towards its place in the pond center ]
    
    [ A scene begin and there appear to be a flashback again, this time in the
      house. The villagers are there, apparently admiring a baby... ]
    
    Villagers :
    
       Ahhh...!
    
    Ullz :
    
       What is that? It's small.
    
    Tratt :
    
       Dummy. You were the same
       size when you were born.
    
    Eryll :
    
       Ooh, it's smiling!
       *giggle* It's so soft.
    
    Phelple :
    
       Me, too, me, too!
    
    Eryll :
    
       Sherlotta, what's the baby's name?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Well...
       I haven't thought about it yet.
    
    Eryll :
    
       In that case, I'll pick one!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Absolutely not.
    
    [ Eryll drags Sherloota closer to the baby ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       So, hurry up and decide!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Er...
       I'll name you...
    
    [ End of flashback, back in the forest ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       Oooh, I remember when you were a
       little baby.
       You were so cute, it was funny.
       That was when Sherlotta gave you
       your name.
       Once you have your own name, you
       become special and unique.
       Hm? Oh yes, you're right. We
       villagers look exactly the same now
       as we did then.
       I haven't changed and Bachenn hasn't
       and Toumli hasn't and Lian hasn't.
       Sherlotta hasn't, either.
       Time doesn't move for the people of
       this village.
       The only people it does move for are
       you and Norsy.
       ...
       Just be patient, [X].
       It won't be long until you understand
       everything.
       Until then, we'll just carry on like
       always, okay?
    
     * As soon as you find a Crystal Core
       fragment, you come right back here,
       okay? I'll be waiting.
    
    
    <><><> Village (11)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL11]
    
    
    [ After giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (3) ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Arrrrrrrrrgh! Doesn't he get it?
     |    Doesn't he realize how WORRIED I am
     |    about him?
     |    Teacher, where did you all disappear
     |    to?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Well, we didn't go anywhere in
     |    particular. It's not like we all
     |    hoped on a tour bus.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    You're not allowed to fib, you know!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    But Norschtalen, I'm not lying.
     |    Ah?
     |    Hello, [X]. I hear ye've had a little
     |    adventure.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Little adventure!? It was WAY more
     |    than that!
     |    [X] has been risking life and limb
     |    from one end of this world to the
     |    other!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Alone at the end of the world,
     |    all I'm doing is piling pebbles.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    What the-?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Now it's time to go-go!
     |    Grinding flour in the ant hill!
     |    ...Ant hill?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but h-h-how..?
     |    *gulp*
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I think she's actually speechless for
     |    once!
    
    
    {Waltrill} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Ye'll have to forgive us. It must have
       been such a shock for ye.
       Eryll is telling ye about yer past,
       isn't she?
       She always adored ye, [X], just like
       Sherlotta did.
       And now we have ye to thank for the
       return of the Crystal Core...
       and being able to gather again here in
       the village.
       As for why, ye'll find out yerself
       soon enough.
       I don't pretend to know everything,
       but we can't turn our backs on the
       truth.
       Ye have to find the answers on yer
       own, [X].
       But remember: the truth isn't always
       what we want it to be.
       As long as ye're ready to accept
       whatever ye find...
       then keep collecting the fragments of
       the Crystal Core.
       The Crystal Core is the key to
       everything, the place where the truth
       begins and ends.
       ...Aye, but its shards are scattered
       far and wide.
       Ye know, I think I have something
       that might help ye.
       Here, take this.
    
       ( You obtained the key to the library. )
    
       I don't know where the next Crystal
       Core fragment might be, so ye must
       search every nook and cranny.
    
       That is the master key to the
       library.
       It's going back a ways now, but I used
       to be a bit of an historian.
       Through my studies I became
       interested first in crystal, and
       then the magic arts.
       Ye can study magic just about any
       place ye please.
       So I came to this village, which had
       the world's last remaining Crystal
       Core.
       Aye, it's funny how the little
       decisions can change yer life...
       But that's another story.
       The library in town was full of
       ancient texts, so I worked there as a
       librarian.
       When I left, I forgot to hand in my
       master key.
       Now, that was a long time ago. Maybe
       they changed the locks, but then
       again, maybe they didn't.
     * Who knows, eh? Ye'll just have to
       try the key out and see for yerself.
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       ...
       [X], it was you, wasn't it?
       You told Teacher about my singing.
       GRRR! I said you WEREN'T ALLOWED
       TO TELL!
    
     * [X], I am SO mad at you!
    
    
    {Toumli} :
    
     * Ah, [X]. Hungry?
       I just put the stew on the boil. It
       won't be long now.
    
    
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Hey...gramps?
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    ...Yes?
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Whoopsy, eh?
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Indeed. It was not the best time to
     |    be brought back...
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Yup. I know [X] didn't mean anything
     |    bad...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Certainly, we should have been paying
     |    more attention...
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    But, still...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Yes. The timing was not good, not
     |    good at all.
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
     * The sky's... so blue...
    
    
    {Bachenn} :
    
     * Hello, [X]. Long time, no see! Oooh,
       this water is mighty refreshing!
    
    
    <><><> Library (7) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB07]
    
    
    [ Searching the Crystal Core fragments (4) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Libroarian   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After defeating the monster ]
    
    ( You obtained a Crystal Core fragment. )
    
    
    <><><> Forest (6)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR06]
    
    
    [ After obtaining Crystal Core fragment (4) ]
    
    [ At the pond ]
    
    {Eryll} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Wow, [X]! Did you find another
       Crystal Core fragment?
       That's four of them. The crystal is
       almost back to its original size.
       After we put this one back, there
       should be just one more to find. Good
       luck, [X]!
    
    
    [ A scene begin and another flashback... there's Sherlotta walking alone in
      the forest, and a shadow just flash by... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Huh?
    
    [ It the distance she sees a baby under a tree... she ignore it first, but then
      turn again and take the baby ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Oh...
    
    [ She hugs the baby ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       *gasp*
    
    [ Sherlotta brings the baby, and the scene is over ]
    
    
    [ Back in the forest ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       ...
       Yeah, that's right. Sherlotta saved
       you when you were abandoned in the
       woods.
       Hm? Are you upset? Well, I suppose
       you would be. But you had to know
       the truth sometime.
    
       [ View shifts to the Crystal Core in the pond center ]
    
       Why does the crystal know these
       things? Why is it showing you now?
       Why did it survive when all the other
       crystals disappeared from the world?
       Don't worry, [X]. You'll find out soon
       enough. It exists especially for you.
    
       [ View shifts back to Eryll ]
    
       But don't ever forget one thing.
       Me and Sherlotta and everyone in the
       village... We're all so glad you came
       to us.
       If Sherlotta hadn't passed by that
       day, who knows where you'd be right
       now?
       But you're here now, [X]. You're
       alive...
       and that's the most important thing
       of all.
       You just need one more Crystal Core
       fragment. And after that, well...
    
     * As soon as you find a Crystal Core
       fragment, you come right back here,
       okay? I'll be waiting.
    
    
    <><><> Village (12)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL12]
    
    
    [ After giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (4) ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello... blabbermouth!
     |    While you were out in the woods two
     |    more people came home.
     |    I've gotten used to villagers just
     |    reappearing. Why don't you go talk to
     |    them... blabbermouth?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Ye don't give up grudges easy now, do
     |    ye, girl?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Well, what do you expect? [X] totally
     |    couldn't keep my secret!
     |    That's just completely mean. I HATE
     |    blabbermouths, and I hate [X]!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Ye've got it wrong, Norschtalen. [X]
     |    didn't tell me a thing.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eh...?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I heard ye myself. I was standing
     |    right behind ye.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But, when I was... I mean, no one was
     |    there.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Are ye sure? We ALL heard ye.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    In fact, [X] actually joined in a
     |    little.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    It started off as a poem, right, not a
     |    song?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But...!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Now, what were the lines? Right,
     |    something about yer "dynamite..."
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    GAAAR....!
     |    N-n-n-n-n-nooooooooo! Please,
     |    that's enough!!!
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
     * I'm sorry, I'm sorry!
       I'm sorry I doubted you!
       Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease! No
       more talking about it, okay!?
    
    
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     | *  Aaa-TCHOOOOOO!
     |    My clothes are still wet.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     | *  Hehehe.
     |    The river was fun, but I'm glad we're
     |    out now!
    
    
    [ Below is a MANDATORY conversation, you'll get info where to go next ]
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X]! How's it goin'?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Argh, [X]!
     |    Why did it take you so long to bring
     |    us back, huh? Don't you like us?
     |    ...Huh? What's wrong? You look kind
     |    of down.
     |    Oooh.
     |    I guess you've been having a real
     |    tough adventure.
     |    Well, what can I say? Sucks to be
     |    you, I guess.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, don't feel blue, [X]. You're alive,
     |    and that's all that matters!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Y-yeah, sure. That's what I meant to
     |    say. As long as you're alive, it can't
     |    be all bad, right?
     |    You see, [X], you never know when
     |    life is going to sneak up and bite you
     |    on the tush...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    ...Hmmm...
     |    [X], you collected the Crystal Core
     |    fragments, right? How did you find
     |    them?
     |    ...
     |    No way! You had a special tool? Let
     |    me see, let me see!
     |
     |    [ The crystal finder is shown ]
     |
     |    Whoa!
     |    ... That is SO...
     |    COOL!
     |    What the heck is it? It's like shinin'
     |    or something. Is that because there's
     |    something nearby?
     |    Ah-ha, I know.
     |    Let me tell you something neat, [X].
     |
     |    (You've learned about the
     |     other passage in the ruins.)
     |
     |    Me and Phelple used to play
     |    hide-and-seek all over the place, way
     |    back when. That's how we found it.
     |    But one of the grown-ups caught
     |    Phelple trying to go in and he got
     |    into SO much trouble! Hehe.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Yep. And now you know about it, too!
    
    
    {Phelple} :
    
     * Come on, [X], cheer up. We're here,
       aren't we?
       Not that that's a reason to cheer up
       or anything.
    
    
    {Ullz} :
    
     * The desert ruins are full of funky
       old machines and stuff. They're
       really neat.
    
    
    <><><> Ruins (2) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [RN02]
    
    
    [ Searching the Crystal Core fragments (5) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part and defeating the monsters ]
    
    ( You obtained a Crystal Core fragment. )
    
    
    <><><> Forest (7)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR07]
    
    
    [ After obtaining Crystal Core fragment (5) ]
    
    [ At the pond ]
    
    {Eryll} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       Wow, [X]! Did you find another
       Crystal Core fragment?
       That's the last one. We just need to
       add it to the rest and the Crystal
       Core will be whole again.
       ...
       You know, [X], after this...
       ...Oh, never mind. Let me just put it
       back like I did with the others. Here
       we go, [X].
    
    
    [ A scene begin in the present time, the rebuilt Crystal Core is emmitting
      strange light that engulf the main character, smaller crystal shards are
      somewhat like fused into the body, and sparks of light are flying around...
      afterwards, Eryll is seen above the pond, and she looks transparent... ]
    
    Eryll :
    
       Yeah, that's how it is.
       Look, look over there. Can you see that?
       Come on! Sherlotta will be waiting for us!
    
    [ She runs to the deeper part of the forest, while... uhm... flickering on and
      off... yeah... ]
    
    
    <><><> Village (13)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL13]
    
    
    [ After giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (5) ]
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       Th-they're gone? Everyone has
       disappeared into thin air!
       It's terrible, [X]! It's awful!
       E-everyone just disappeared! One
       minute they were all here, the next
       minute, POOF! They were gone!
       Arrrrrrgh!
       Teacher, anyone!? Where are you!?
    
     * What shall we do? What shall we
       DO!?
    
    
    <><><> Forest (8)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR08]
    
    
    [ Deeper part, after giving the Crystal Core fragment to Eryll (5) - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><>  Berserk Guardian  <><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After the battle and move on to the next area, a scene begin where it seems to
      be in the village, but in a whole different environment... The houses are
      burnt, and fields are scorched... Sherlotta is seen alone there... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       One day, a long time ago...
       something happened that made the crystals
       start disappearing from the world.
    
       [ View now showing the Tower ]
    
       One by one they vanished.
       People began fighting each other
       to control the few that remained.
       Our village was one of many that
       were destroyed in the war.
    
       [ View back to Sherlotta ]
    
       This is where we used to live...
       all those many years ago.
       Maybe it looks a little familiar?
    
       [ View showing around the burnt village ]
    
       It's all in ruins now, but at one time...
       it was just like the other village,
       the one we built especially for you.
    
       [ View back to Sherlotta ]
    
       I remember...
       the day the world turned upside down.
    
    [ Flashback scene now, Sherlotta (in her original form, normal girl, tailess)
      and Eryll holding a black cat is seen walking in the forest ]
    
       The crystals were disappearing one by one...
       Chaos and fear reigned.
       But then, in the middle of everything, that
       crystal appeared here in our forest.
    
    [ There's a bright flash, and a giant crystal suddenly appeared in front of
      Sherlotta and Eryll ]
    
       When the end came, it came quickly.
       We had no chance.
    
    [ Still in flashback, in the village, Larkeicus along with Veriaulde and
      hordes of monsters is entering the village ]
    
       It was him...
       leading his army of weird creatures.
       As soon as they found our
       village, they attacked.
       They could have just asked for it.
       We would have given it up without a fight.
    
    [ Larkeicus is signaling his army to attack, while Veriaulde is seen somewhat
      having a quarel with him ]
    
       We fought back as well as we could...
       but we were no soldiers.
       What did we know about war?
       They razed our village to the ground...
    
    [ View shifts to Aurdy, Ilina, and Lian who were surrounded ]
    
    Ilina :
    
       Grandad...
    
    Lian :
    
       Ilina!
       Aaargh!
    
    [ The monsters overwhelms them... next, view shifts to Bachenn who bravely,
      and successfully, hitting the monsters one by one... Toumli joins the
      fight too ]
    
    Toumli :
    
       Urrrgh!
    
    [ Unfortunately, the enemies are just too many, and they too overwhelmed...
      Now scene showing Veriaulde debating with Larkeicus ]
    
    Veriaulde :
    
       But Larkeicus, you promised!
       You said it wouldn't come to this...
    
    [ Larkeicus just reply by holding Veriaulde's head with his hand, and vapour
      arise from Veriaulde's body... next, he falls down ]
    
    [ Scene shifts to Sherlotta and Eryll, who surrounded by Larkeicus' monsters ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       N-no!
    
    [ The monsters attack, but suddenly a shockwave hits them back... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Ah!?
    
    [ Scene shifts to Waltrill, who apparently sent the shockwave to protect Eryll
      and Sherlotta, along with Ullz, Tratt, and Phelple, also surrounded, and
      they too, like the others, overwhelmed... ]
    
    Waltrill :
    
       Waaargh!
    
    [ Scene back to Sherlotta and Eryll, Larkeicus is approaching them from behind ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       No!
    
    [ Sherlotta notice Larkeicus' present, while holding Eryll tighter ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       *gasp*
    
    [ Larkeicus is stretching his hand, attempting to capture Sherlotta... ]
    
    [ Meanwhile, the other villagers is seen all dead, and Sherlotta running away,
      alone in the forest ]
    
       But the crystal they wanted so badly that they
       would destroy a village in order to claim it...
    
    [ Larkeicus is chasing Sherlotta ]
    
       Well, it was different than the others.
    
    [ Sherlotta trips down, while Larkeicus approaching, like in the opening scene ]
    
       It was a Cystal Core...
       and it was the last remaining
       crystal in the world.
    
    [ Larkeicus finally gets her ]
    
       Yes, it was a crystal...
    
    [ Vapour arise from Larkeicus' body ]
    
       but it had the power to deny
       everything he tried to create.
    
    [ Larkeicus is looking at the Crystal Core ]
    
       And not just deny it, but destroy it.
       As far as he was concerned...
       it was worse than useless.
    
    [ He releases Sherlotta, then laughing out loud... ]
    
       In the end...
       he abandoned the Crystal Core
       and left the forest...
       leaving nothing but a
       lifeless village behind him.
       Except...
    
    [ Scene back to present time, and present Sherlotta ]
    
       that it wasn't lifeless.
       The villagers are still here, even now.
    
    [ The villagers is appearing one by one... from thin air... ]
    
       You can see them, can't you?
       You see, when that Crystal Core
       appeared, I was transformed...
       I became immortal. But that's not all.
    
    [ She summons a crystal shard ]
    
       I was given the power to create crystals.
    
    [ End of scene... ]
    
    
    <><><> Ruined Village (1)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [RV01]
    
    
    [ After meeting Sherlotta in the deepest part of the forest and get some
      revelations on the truth about the village ]
    
    {Eryll} :
    
       Welcome back, [X]. I never dreamed
       this would happen!
       When that Crystal Core got sucked
       into you, I didn't know WHAT was
       happening!
       But because of that, you can see me
       and everyone again.
       [X], the power of the Core is inside
       you now.
       Me and the other villagers, we all
       died way back then.
       But I'm just happy that I can talk to
       you like before.
       We're your family, [X]. Not just me,
       but everyone in the village.
       You know, I think from the very
       beginning that Crystal Core was
       meant for you.
    
       Do you understand what it is?
       When the Crystal Core started coming
       back together again...
       what exactly did you see? My guess
       is that the answer lie there.
       Even though all the other crystals in
       the world disappeared, that one kept
       sparkling.
       It stood there in the forest for
       centuries and centuries, never
       changing, never growing dull.
       That's how powerful the Crystal Core
       is-the world's last remaining
       crystal!
       I knew it even back then, when the
       Crystal Core first appeared.
       Everyone did. That's why we stayed
       in this forest for all those
       centuries.
       We did it for Sherlotta. She was so
       lonely.
       You can imagine how happy we were
       when you came along.
    
     * The first time I saw you, you were
       so cute!
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
       Ah, it's an old, old story now. I
       hardly believe it myself anymore.
       Back then, the whole world was as
       green and alive as this forest.
       The trees stretched as far as the
       eye could see!
       And everywhere you went you would
       find crystals glittering like stars.
       Oh, it was so beautiful.
       It was like we lived in a treasure
       chest. Until, that is, they invented
       those machines.
       The scientist called Larkeicus
       developed technology to harness the
       power of the crystals.
       The technology spread like wildfire,
       and he became famous around the
       world.
       The technology made everyone rich.
       Villages grew into towns, towns grew
       into magnificent cities.
       But the crystals that supported our
       civilization were consumed one by
       one.
       We cut down the forest and dug into
       the earth, searching for the crystals
       we'd grown addicted to.
       As our lives became easier, our land
       became more barren. The devastation
       spread.
       Even without the catastrophe, the
       crystals would have run out
       eventually.
       The civilization was bound to
       collapse sooner or later.
    
       But the devastation was forever. The
       land still hasn't recovered.
       You've seen it. Rocky wastelands and
       desert everywhere, filled with the
       ruins of ancient civilization.
       Except, of course, for this forest.
       Here, and only here, did nature
       recover.
       But why?
       I think it's because of the crystal
       that was here, the last remaining
       crystal in the world.
       You see, I always thought that the
       forest protected the crystal all
       these centuries...
       but now I realize that it was the
       other way round.
    
     * The crystal truly is a wonderful
       thing.
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
       Ah, [X]. Ye've come a long way, my
       lad.
       But ye know, when that Crystal Core
       appeared...
       and when we met ye for the first
       time, I suspected it would come to
       this in the end.
       Ye must realize the truth now, eh?
       We villagers come from that distant
       time when the crystals disappeared...
       and the ancient civilization
       collapsed.
       The appearance of the Crystal Core,
       and the tragedy that befell us...
       all happened two thousand years ago.
       We've been here, like this, ever
       since.
       But the centuries are finally coming
       to an end.
       [X], the Crystal Core chose ye. It has
       entrusted ye with a great task.
    
       Look at this ruined village. Two
       thousand years have passed, but it
       hasn't changed a bit since that day.
       It's the same for us. No longer
       living, but still existing, somehow,
       in this forest.
       We're like a page torn from the
       history books, left floating in limbo.
       But now the Crystal Core has gone.
       The forest will swallow the village
       at last.
       We were living on time borrowed from
       the Crystal Core, but its power is
       gone now.
       It's all right. There's no "forever" in
       the natural world...
       except for those two, of course.
       Sherlotta and Larkeicus are both
       immortal. That isn't natural.
       But there's a difference between
       them.
       Larkeicus wanted immortality because
       he was blinded by the glories of the
       ancient age.
       Sherlotta became immortal through no
       fault of her own. Immortality was
       thrust upon her.
       Ye see, [X]...
       I believe there's a reason the Crystal
       Core made Sherlotta the way she is.
       When ye find that reason, I do
       believe ye'll know the answers to
       everything.
    
       Ach, I've lived a long time, and I'm
       ready to move on now. But...
       [X], I need to ask ye to look after
       Norschtalen for me.
       Tell her that I'll always be by her
       side, watching over her...
       Ah, maybe ye'd better not. She'd think
       I was haunting her or something.
       I tell ye what.
       Ye tell her to be strong, to take
       everything that life has to offer,
       and never to fear the future.
    
     * *sigh* Poor Norschtalen must be in
       quite the panic right about now...
    
    
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Hello, [X]. You've had quite the
     |    adventure, haven't you?
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Lian first, conversation start from here ]
     |
     |    Hey, [X]. You've had quite the
     |    adventure, huh?
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Ilina first, Lian's script starts here ]
     |
     |    I heard that the Crystal Core got
     |    sucked up right into you! Do you feel
     |    okay? Does it hurt?
     |
     |    # I feel stronger than ever! #
     |    # Meh. It feels about the same. #
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Really? Well, you be careful. That's
     |    some serious power you've got inside
     |    you now.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    [X] is going to be fine! That Crystal
     |    Core exists especially for him.
     |    It's made to protect him. It'll never
     |    hurt [X], ever. It's a perfect match!
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Yeah, yeah, I know. It's just that...
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Lian, it's bad enough you're always
     |    fussing about Eryll, without you
     |    babying [X] as well!
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    I-I'm not babying anyone. Sheesh.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Hehe. You haven't changed a bit since
     |    you were alive.
    
    
    {Ilina} :
    
       Listen, [X], we may not be alive
       anymore, but you are.
       One day, you'll cross over into our
       world.
       But it's a one-way trip. Once you're
       over here, there's no going back.
       You know when you wake up in the
       morning to the smell of the forest...
       and the world seems clean and
       new?
       You know how good a hot meal tastes
       when you're really, really hungry on a
       cold winter's day?
       You know how nice it feels to run
       with the wind, your heart pounding,
       the breeze in your hair?
       You know how it feels to have your
       hair washed, to be hugged, to be
       loved...?
       You can feel all those things because
       you're alive. It's a gift like no other.
       [X], you have to live now, while you
       still can.
       You have to live life to its fullest,
       and get the very most out of it you
       can.
       Treat your time alive as if it's the
       only chance you'll ever get...
       and when it's over, you'll look back
       and be able to say to yourself, "now
       THAT was a good life!"
       Then when we meet again in this
       world, you can tell us all about it.
       Our lives ended too early. It's up to
       you to tell us how the rest of it
       goes.
    
     * You still have a future, [X].
       You have to live for all of us. Your
       joy will be our joy.
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
     * [X], you're always spacing out. We
       never know when you'll wander into
       trouble...
       Look, you be careful, okay? Unlike
       us, you're still among the living.
       If you ever feel sick or not right,
       don't just ignore it. You tell someone
       right away, do you hear?
    
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Ullz first, start here ]
     |
     |    Hey, [X], What's up?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Phelple first, start here (skip above) ]
     |
     |    Hello, [X]. Guess you know now that
     |    I'm way, WAAAY older than you.
     |    So I expect to be treated with the
     |    respect, admiration, and awe that I
     |    deserve. You can call me... Master.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
     |    You have GOT to be kidding! YOU!?
     |    "Call me Master"?
     |    HAHAHAHAHA!
     |    Oh, you are TOO funny.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    It's the rule! The older you are, the
     |    more important you are, right?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    WAHAHAHAHA! You? Important? Oh,
     |    don't you listen to him, [X].
     |    We're already dead!
     | *  Time stopped for us LONG ago. But
     |    [X], you're different-you'll never
     |    stop growin'.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    You spoiled it! I was totally going to
     |    be the boss.
    
    
    {Phelple} :
    
     * Oh, poop.
    
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Toumli first, start here ]
     |
     |    Er... well... it's like this...
     |    That is to say... Hm, how DO you say it...?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    [ If  you talk to Tratt or Bachenn first, start here (skip above) ]
     |
     |    Oh, hey, [X]. It's good to see you
     |    again.
     |    Hm, what's with the long face?
     |    Oh, the Crystal Core showed you how
     |    you were abandoned in the woods?
     |    Ah, kid. It doesn't matter where you
     |    came from or how you got here...
     |    Sure, whoever left you there was
     |    pretty darn selfish, to say the
     |    least!
     |    But if it wasn't for them, you would
     |    never have been born, would you? So
     |    I guess you should be grateful...
     |    even if they WERE the worst parents
     |    in the world! I mean, what they did
     |    was unforgivable!
     |    Still, water under the bridge, huh?
     |    Just be grateful you're alive, forget
     |    the deadbeats, and get on with it.
     |    That's my philosophy, anyway.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    T-Tratt, you shouldn't say such
     |    awful things about his parents!
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Uh-huh. Maybe it's all true, but [X]
     |    must be feelin' mighty sensitive right
     |    now, eh, Mum?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Harrumph. Since when am I YOUR
     |    mother?
     |    The only people around here who are
     |    allowed to call me "Mum" are little
     |    Ullz and [X] here!
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...!?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Hehehe... Isn't that right, [X]? You
     |    kow I love you like my own.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ... Er...
     |    Maybe YOU think you're [X]'s mother
     |    and all...
     |    but if you ask him, he'll tell you
     |    something quite different!
     |    I love [X] just as much as I love my
     |    precious boy Phelple!
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Yep, you see, honey? EVERYONE loves
     |    [X]!
     |    Hm? But wait a sec... If [X]
     |    calls you Mum, then that makes me,
     |    er...
     |    ...
     |    Dad! Oh boy, I like the sound of
     |    that!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Oh, put a sock in it, you silly old
     |    goat!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    That's right, you put a sock in it. I
     |    don't want my [X] getting all
     |    confused.
    
    
    {Tratt} :
    
     * Ah, I remember when I used to change
       his diapers. Sherlotta would get so
       flustered!
       I can't believe our little bed-wetter
       has grown into such a fine young man.
    
    
    {Toumli} :
    
     * Oh, dear, would you listen to me! I'm
       not usually like this at all...
       It's just... it's just that I love you
       SO much, I can't help myself!
    
    
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    Of course. You'd rather be with your
     |    dad, wouldn't you, huh?
     |    Hoho, how you've grown! When I first
     |    saw you, I could fit all of you in the
     |    palm of my hand.
     |    Remember when I tossed you in the
     |    air? Want to do it again? I'll even
     |    rub my mustache on your neck!
     |
     |    # Er, thanks, but no thanks. #
     |    # No way. #
     |    # I'd rather put my head in a bee hive. #
     |    # Why don't you ever shave? #
     |
     |    Aw, it's okay, you don't have to be
     |    shy. I don't mind, really!
     |
     |    # This is harassment. #
     |    # Touch me and I'll sue you. #
     |    # I'll sic my dog on you. #
     |    # I'm going to get a restraining order. #
     |
     |    Hohoho, what a little joker you are!
     |    But you can't fool me...
     |    I remember when you were little, you
     |    LOVED playing with Uncle Bachenn.
     |    Why, you laughed so hard you cried!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    That's because he WAS crying, you
     |    nitwit!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...Shall we just kill him?
     |    Oh, wait. He's already dead.
     |    Hmmm. Maybe we could just make him
     |    WISH he was dead?
    
    
    {Bachenn} :
    
     * Is it true, [X]? You really didn't like
       the mustache-tickling thing?
    
    
    {Sherlotta} - [MANDATORY] :
    
       I'm sorry. I never meant to lie to
       you.
       All I wanted was to look after you
       until you were old enough to leave
       the village and make your own life.
       After the coming-of-age ceremony, I
       thought that day had finally come.
       But the all this happened.
       You see, around here death isn't an
       ending, it's more like a
       transformation.
       The villagers used the power of the
       Crystal Core to maintain their
       appearance so we could raise you.
       But when it disappeared, everyone
       returned to their real form.
       You see, they didn't disappear or go
       away. Everyone was still here beside
       you.
       People have this habit of only
       believing in what they can see.
       They fear things they don't
       understand...
       yet when those same things help
       them, they praise them as miracles.
       But the Crystal Core is inside you
       now, and you can see the truth.
       The real miracle is that in this
       wide, wide world, millions of years
       old...
       you are standing here, at this
       moment.
       We were given life and we were given
       each other. If that isn't a miracle, I
       don't know what is.
       You're not alone. Never forget how
       lucky you are to be part of a world
       so full of light.
    
       The Crystal Core appeared so
       suddenly that day.
       Who knows why you're the one who
       ended up with it? But I know one
       thing for sure.
       I have a role to play.
       I've often cursed the day that I
       became immortal...
       but now I believe I lived all those
       years just so I could be here, today.
       A long time ago, the crystals
       disappeared from the world.
       Larkeicus identified the cause of the
       disappearance in a shock wave that
       came from the future.
       He built that tower so he could stop
       the event. It took him centuries and
       centuries...
       and now it's finally appeared. That
       means the event he predicted is about
       to happen.
       If he can stop it, then the
       catastrophe of the past will never
       occur.
       His goal is to stop this future from
       ever happening.
       But I won't let him get away with it.
       I have to stop him, to save THIS
       world.
       The event will be powerful enough to
       change the ancient past. I don't know
       what it could be...
       but I DO know that it's going to
       happen right where he built that
       tower.
       Which means I...
       I mean, WE have to go there.
       To save our present, we have to make
       sure that whatever must happen,
       happens.
    
       ...
       *sigh* I wonder why.
       I've lived hundreds and hundreds of
       years. Why did you come into my life
       now?
       I was miserable for centuries before
       I found you.
       I wish more than anything that you
       didn't have to be a part of this.
       All we ever wanted to do was protect
       you.
       But we have to face the real world
       now.
       The Crystal Core chose you.
       Everything begins, and ends, with the
       Crystal Core.
       I want you to come with me. To the
       tower.
       You're old enough now for any
       challenge.
    
       To get to the tower, we'll have to
       use the bridge that he built.
       But I don't see how we can make
       something that huge move by
       ourselves.
       Hmmm...
       You had an artifact to help you find
       the Crystal Core fragments, right?
       Well, it's a tool that can transform
       crystals into energy to activate
       machinery.
       But we're going to need a lot of
       crystals...
       and that little thing on its own can't
       handle the energy.
       But with a few certain attachments,
       it should be able to do the job.
       So let's go find them.
       Hey, don't look so worried. As long as
       I'm around, we'll have all the crystals
       we'll ever need.
       Actually, now that you have the
       Crystal Core inside you, I bet you
       have the same ability.
       You can see dead people. That means
       you have at least some of its power.
       But let me handle the
       crystal-generating duties for now,
       okay?
       I've got a bit more experience at it
       than you.
    
     * Are you ready for the journey? If
       you're all set, just let me know.
    
       # Go to the World Map. #
    
       World... Map? What's that? It sounds
       useful, but I haven't seen one around
       here!
       Although now that you mention it,
       this IS the first time you and I'll be
       leaving the village together.
       ...Hehe. Shall we go, then?
    
       # Wait for me a bit, okay? #
    
     * Okay, no prob. Listen, while you're
       getting ready, why don't you go and
       talk to everyone?
    
       [ If you return to Ruined Village again ]
    
     * What's up? Forgot something?
    
    
    * NOTE : *
    
    Start from here, Sherlotta will be in your party now, so you may encounter her
    joining in a conversation. And that's all... she won't join you in battle,
    sadly... (It would be fun seeing her casting Thundaja alone, eh? A 2000 years
    old immortal, hmm... she should be at level 999+ lol...)
    
    
    <><><> Village (14)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL14]
    
    
    [ After Sherlotta reveal the truth in Ruined Village ]
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       ... *sigh*
       Hi, [X]. Did you find everyone?
       They are? In the woods? But what
       are they doing there?
       They disappeared so suddenly...
       Tsk. I just don't understand them at
       all.
       One thing I DO understand, though, is
       that they left me here COMPLETELY
       on my own!
    
     * ...
       Although I AM glad everyone is okay.
    
    
    <><><> Gate (7) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT07]
    
    
    [ After Sherlotta reveal the truth in Ruined Village ]
    
    {Guard} :
    
       ... *sigh*
       Peace and quiet at last!
       I'm finally off the hook. I just filed
       my last report with the guild.
       Everyone got excited about that
       tower, but it looks like nothing is
       ever going to happen.
       Situation unchanged... as always.
       I don't know what my next posting
       will be, but I guess they don't need
       any more guards here.
       You often drop by here. I guess you
       still find it interesting, huh?
    
       *yawn* I can finally go home again.
    
    
    <><><> Town (9) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW09]
    
    
    [ After Sherlotta reveal the truth in Ruined Village ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    [ If you talk to the Yuke in town's entrance first ]
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Oh, I haven't seen you around here
     |    before, young lady. Have you
     |    travelled a long way?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    In the middle of this town there is a
     |    great library.
     |    Archeologists from the world over
     |    gather here to study artifacts of the
     |    ancient civilization.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    There you go again, trying to turn
     |    every newcomer you see into a
     |    bookworm archeologist!
     |    This is a treasure hunter's town!
     |    What the-?
     |    Check out the kid's levels!
     |    Say, maybe you and me could tour the
     |    town? Here, take my hand...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hm?
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Hohoho. I think you've been rejected.
     |    The young lady doesn't talk much,
     |    does she?
     |    Are you feeling all right, my dear?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...Huh?
     |    Who, me? Yeah, I feel fine. Thanks
     |    for asking.
     |    Hm. Maybe one of you can help us out.
     |    Ever seen anything that looks like
     |    this in the ruins?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Nope, never.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    I'm afraid I haven't, no.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, okay. Thanks anyways, pops.
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Selkie in town's entrance first ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    You're new in town, huh?
     |    This place is the main watering hole
     |    for treasure hunters searching the
     |    ancient ruins.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    What the-?
     |    Check out the kid's levels!
     |    Say, maybe you and me could tour the
     |    town? Here, take my hand...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hm?
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Hohoho. I think you've been rejected.
     |    The young lady doesn't talk much,
     |    does she?
     |    Are you feeling all right, my dear?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...Huh?
     |    Who, me? Yeah, I feel fine. Thanks
     |    for asking.
     |    Hm. Maybe one of you can help us out.
     |    Ever seen anything that looks like
     |    this in the ruins?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Nope, never.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    I'm afraid I haven't, no.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, okay. Thanks anyways, pops.
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Er, I see that you haven't learned how
     |    to properly address your elders in
     |    your travels.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, put a sock in it.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    Wh-why, I... Perhaps you don't
     |    realize because my face is hidden by
     |    my Yuke mask...
     |    but I am over a hundred years old,
     |    young lady. I think that deserves
     |    some respect.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hah. Is that ALL? You think you can
     |    learn ANYTHING in a hundred years?
     |    Pah!
     |    Tsk. Young people these days...
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |  * ...
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Hey, hey, kid? You want to introduce
     |    me to your friend here? Ya know, put
     |    in a good word for me?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oooh, I like it when they play hard
     |    to get... So tell me, kid, what's the
     |    deal? She your sister?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hey, you.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    At your service. I know this place
     |    that serves great strawberry
     |    smoothies. Maybe you an' me could...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    [X], I wouldn't talk to him if I were
     |    you. It'll make you stupid.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Huh...?
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * Hehe, I like it when a girl talks
       tough!
    
    
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    WOOF!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What are you woofing at!
     |    Oh, don't whimper at me. Have some
     |    pride, you silly canine.
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |  * *whimper*
    
    
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Welcome!
     |    From morning to night, Ye Compleat
     |    Adventurer is here to support all
     |    your exploring and plundering needs.
     |    Hello, young miss? Anything catch
     |    your fancy? We have the widest
     |    range of products in town.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, good. Can you give me something
     |    that will attach to this?
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Er, well... I'm affraid not. We don't
     |    deal in antiques.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Huh? I thought this place was called
     |    the Compleat Adventurer. Sounds like
     |    false advertising to me...
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    False advertising? Perish the
     |    thought! It's just that we're an
     |    equipment shop, you see.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oooh, so you're more like "The
     |    Compleat Adventurer If All You Want
     |    Is Equipment."
     |    Anyways. I'm not in the market for
     |    junk, but maybe I'll take a look-see
     |    anyway.
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Er, yes, well. This is what we
     |    have...
     |
     |    [ After buying, first time only ]
     |
     |    Oh, dear. This must be the customer
     |    from hell the Chamber of Commerce
     |    warned me about...
    
    
    {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
    
     * Greetings. Ye Compleat Adventurer is
       here to support... er, MOST of your
       exploring and plundering needs.
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you!
    
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    My, what a polite greeting. How do
     |    you do, Claus Kaiser? My name is
     |    Sherlotta.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    You're talking to each other!?
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, that DOES sound bad.
     |    Yuck indeed! It sounds disgusting.
     |    You should complain.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Goodness! Did you say all that with
     |    just one "meow"!?
     |    ...Er, Madam?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, you must be the owner. Look,
     |    about the name...
     |    Claus Kaiser is bad enough, but I
     |    think "GT Pro Spec Revision Gamma"
     |    is really going overboard, no?
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    H-how did you learn that!?
     |    *sigh* I spent AGES coming up with
     |    his name. I used to be in marketing.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Marketing? Never heard of it.
     |    Besides, "he" is a "she."
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    ...Oh.
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Ah, don't feel bad. It happens more
     |    often than you'd think.
    
    
    {Cat} :
    
     * ...Meow?
    
    
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |  * Hello. Welcome to Custom
     |    Fabrications.
     |    We produce custom items using
     |    materials provided by our clients.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...Hmmm.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Madam?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, I guess it won't hurt to ask...
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    No. The cat is not for sale.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Okay. Figures.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Perhaps there's something else we can
     |    do for you?
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     |  * Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello again.
     |    I don't think I've met your little
     |    friend before.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, I suppose it HAS been a while
     |    since I was last here.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, so this isn't your first visit?
     |    Still, you be sure to do what you're
     |    told. This young man really know his
     |    way around now.
     |    Such a cute little friend! You be
     |    sure to look after her now.
     |
     |    # Yeah, sure. #
     |    # Of course. It's my mission. #
     |    # I shall guard her with my life! #
     |
     |    Splendid!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hey, just because she's got things
     |    backwards, doesn't mean you have to
     |    play along!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Well, young miss. You stay close to
     |    your friend and enjoy your visit!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Grrr...
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |  * You're in charge, so make sure you
     |    look after her.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |  * Look...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the Clavat Man 3, look at [QS03] for the script ]
    
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Hey, did you hear? About the
     |    graveyard?
     |    Some people were looking for
     |    artifacts and they got ambushed by a
     |    dried-up mummy monster!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    I guess they kind of deserved it,
     |    digging around in a cemetery of all
     |    places.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Yeah, but wouldn't you love to see
     |    it? The collection of the town's
     |    greatest treasure hunter?
     |    Of course, with the curse that he
     |    laid on that place...
     |    no one can get close enough to see,
     |    let alone take anything.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You really believe those stories
     |    about a curse?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Darn right I do. Don't you? If not,
     |    why aren't you up there right now
     |    digging away?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Boy, I really want to go, but that
     |    place is full of dark-element
     |    monsters.
     |    Those things are bad news. You've
     |    got to hit them with recovery spells
     |    before you can even hurt them.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Yep. A real pain in the neck.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Fighting dark skeletons can wear you
     |    to the bone. No pun intended, haha.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...What pun?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...Oh, forget it.
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | * You've got to hit dark monsters with
     |   recovery spells before you can even
     |   hurt them!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | * Yeah. They're a real pain in the neck.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  They'll wear you to the...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Look, let's just drop the puns, okay?
     |    My bad for trying in the first place.
    
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Uh-uh, no WAY!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Why do we have to go through this
     |    every single time?
     |    You know what happens to naughty
     |    children, don't you?
     |    The wicked witch of the forest
     |    comes and takes them away!
     |    I'm just about at the end of my rope!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    You can't fool me! I'm not afraid of a
     |    stupid witch. I wanna go someplace
     |    NEW!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Maybe I can help? I can take her
     |    back to the forest with me, if you
     |    like.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Hmmm...?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I bet Norschtalen would appreciate
     |    the company.
     |    In fact, I KNOW she would. Okay,
     |    let's go!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Norschtalen? You mean, the little
     |    girl who disappeared into the forest
     |    years ago?
     |    You... you don't live around here, do
     |    you? How do you know that name?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, we live together in the forest,
     |    of course.
     |    Hey, don't worry. My friends are
     |    taking real good care of her.
     |    Of course, they're all ghosts, but
     |    they're very nice ghosts.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    WAAAH!
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Y-you're... joking, of course. Haha.
     |    But frankly, I don't think it's
     |    appropriate. That poor girl...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Me, joking? Uh-uh. Every word is
     |    true.
     |    If you don't believe me, come and see
     |    for yourself.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    NOOOOOOOOO!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    That's enough! You're scaring my
     |    daughter half to death.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I don't get it. The kid said she
     |    wanted to go someplace new, right?
     |    So let's go!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    But your story doesn't make any
     |    sense. How can ghosts look after
     |    anyone?
     |    Are you saying you're a ghost, too?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, no. I'm just immortal. One of the
     |    undead, a living zombie. Kind of.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    There! Y-your whole story is
     |    nonsense. No one is immortal!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, I suppose it does sound kind of
     |    crazy.
     |    I thought it was pretty crazy too, at
     |    first!
     |    My bad. Just forget everything I
     |    said, okay?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    It's quite all right. Just please stop
     |    filling my child's head with those
     |    unpleasant stories!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Got it.
     |    So, then...
     |    Want to see if you can kill me?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    I beg your pardon!!!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You refuse to believe me. So prove
     |    you're right. See if you can kill me.
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty Mother next you get the srcipt below, if not skip
      to the next ]
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    I-I will do no such thing!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    It's allright, seriously. I can't die.
     |    Give it your best shot.
    
    [ If you talk to the Lilty Kid next ]
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    P-please, that's quite enough! I won't
     |    hear any more of your lies!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    It's okay, I told you I'm immortal.
     |    Come on, have a go. First time for
     |    everything, right?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    NOOOOOOOOO!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    I have been wrong. Very wrong.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Huh?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    I cannot leave Mother and go into the
     |    forest on my own.
     |    I vow to stop being greedy and
     |    selfish. I'm going to be good and
     |    considerate and lead to a virtuous life.
     |    So, would you please forgive my
     |    mother?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Hm? What's this? Y-you're worried
     |    about ME? Oh, I think I'm going to
     |    cry...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    I've changed, Mother. From now on,
     |    it's a whole new me-earnest and
     |    honorable and nice to everyone!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    B-but, my dear... are you feeling all
     |    right?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, well. This is much better. I
     |    like the new you, kid.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Why, thank you! I am humbled and
     |    grateful.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Great. Now keep that up, and you'll
     |    do okay. See ya!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    It was a pleasure to meet you.
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  Mother, are you unharmed?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Me? Oh, I'm fine. I'm more worried
     |    about you. Did you get hit on the
     |    head or something?
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Er, all you all right?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  Yes, Mother.
    
    
    [ Next is MANDATORY one, you'll get info on the next location ]
    
     | [ If you talk to the Selkie first, start here ]
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    So, anyway, we had to run for our
     |    lives.
     |
     | [ If you talk to the Yuke first, start here (skip above) ]
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Sounds pretty bad. Was it there?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, definitely! Those stories about
     |    a curse are totally true.
     |    It sucks. That place looks like it's
     |    FULL of treasure, but there's no way
     |    I'm going back in.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You want to tell me what you're
     |    talking about?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Hm. I haven't seen you before.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm not so sure about that...
     |    But, whatever. If you don't remember
     |    me, then...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Er, ooo-kay...
     |    Anyway, we're talking about the ghost
     |    in the graveyard.
     |    It was a long time ago, but there
     |    used to be a famous treasure hunter
     |    living in this town.
     |    He didn't care about the ancient
     |    civilization and the artifacts. He
     |    was just in it for gil.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...So, let me guess. When he died, he
     |    insisted that his treasure be buried
     |    with him.
     |    But his family couldn't stand the
     |    thought of all that treasure rusting
     |    underground...
     |    so they went to dig it up. But some
     |    kind of curse drove them away.
     |    They gave up their rights to the
     |    treasure, and now every hunter in
     |    town wants a piece of it.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Er... yeah. How did you know the
     |    story?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, lucky guess. I really didn't feel
     |    like listening to the long version.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    B-but...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    So, anyway, the grave of an artifact
     |    collector. Think I'll check it out.
     |    Where is this graveyard place?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    We'll tell you, but are you sure you
     |    want to go?
     |
     |    ( You've learned the way to the graveyard. )
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    You don't know what you're getting
     |    yourself into. A cute girl like you...
     |    Wait... You DO look familiar...
     |    That face... and those clothes...
     |    Where did I... ?
     |    H-h-holy jeepers! Th-th-th-the
     |    witch... from the forest!!!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Hehehe. So you finally remember.
     |    What's it been, fifty years?
     |    I've come for you. Just like I came
     |    for your mother, and HER mother
     |    before that...
     |    And now... it's YOUR turn.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    WAAAH! [ She fainted ]
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Just kidding! You know, I actually do
     |    remember you from the woods.
     |    Although you're all grown up now
     |    and...
     |    ...Hm?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, she fainted. I guess seeing you
     |    was kind of a shock.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Some people have no manners.
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    You're meaner than you look. But I
     |    guess you have to be in your line of
     |    work.
     |    Some people have gone totally mad
     |    because of the curse. Aren't you
     |    afraid?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Of a ghost? Oh, no. Curses only
     |    work because people believe in them.
     |    But if you know it's all nonsense,
     |    then no ghost or curse can ever hurt
     |    you.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Maybe. But people have heard voices
     |    and everything...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well, I guess someone is playing a
     |    little prank. Can't wait to find out
     |    who!
     |    Curses don't always turn out the way
     |    you planned them.
     |    What goes around comes around.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Wow, aren't you afraid of anything?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Besides, if a curse COULD kill me...
     |    Well, let's just say it wouldn't be
     |    the worst thing that happened to me.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...?
    
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  Huh. Frozen with shock...
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * If you say so. Good luck to you,
       whatever happens.
    
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello. I don't think I've met your
     |    friend before.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Listen, we're looking for a certain
     |    artifact from the ancient
     |    civilization.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    And you came all the way to this
     |    town to find it? You don't look like
     |    the treasure hunter type...
     |    But in any case, I'm afraid every last
     |    relic of value has been dug up long
     |    ago.
     |    Not that there was ever much
     |    treasure in those ruins in the first
     |    place.
     |    Most of the time, all anyone would
     |    find were strange devices that no one
     |    could make work.
     |    Who knows what the ancients used
     |    them for?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    They used them for everything. They
     |    couldn't live without them.
     |    But without the crystals, all the
     |    machines became worthless junk.
     |    That's why the civilization
     |    collapsed.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Crystals? What crystals?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Okay. Gotta go.
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Look, I don't know what you're
     |    searching for...
     |    but if it's something from the ancient
     |    civilization, well, the tower sure
     |    looks like it came from that era.
     |    It's been a while since it appeared,
     |    but no one has managed to get in yet.
     |    It's virgin teritory. I bet you'd find
     |    all sorts of things inside.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Actually, this device should get us
     |    in.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Really?
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * You've found a way into the tower?
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Ah, this is the life, eh? Peace and
     |    quiet, a sun-warmed bench, and not a
     |    cloud in the sky!
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Are you slacking off again? When are
     |    you going to smarten up and get a
     |    real job?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Soon enough, I guess. You know, I'm
     |    thinking of becoming a weapons
     |    merchant.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Right, right. And I'll open an items
     |    shop.
     |    You know, I met a soldier who wanted
     |    to go to the ruins and find materials
     |    to customize his weapons.
     |    He said he wanted some help. Why
     |    don't YOU go?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Collecting materials, huh...?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    That's right. Come on, on your feet!
     |    You said you wanted to be a weapons
     |    merchant, didn't you?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Naw, I'm not into factory labor. I
     |    wanna handle the sales side of
     |    things. Keep my hands clean.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Tsk. I'm starting to think you'll
     |    never amount to anything.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 2} :
    
     * Ah, it's another beautiful day.
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * *sigh*
    
    
    <><><> Graveyard (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GV01]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Lady Ghost (Celeb) : A *scary* 800 years old apparition that hide in the crystal
                         device hidden in the coffin of the Graveyard
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    
    [ Upon reaching the last part with the big coffin - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ A scene begins, Sherlotta is opening the coffin ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       This could be it.
       Here we go...
    
    [ She takes a device from inside the coffin ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Bingo.
    
    [ She then walks away, but a mysterious voice echoes... ]
    
    ??? :
    
       Leave it...
       Leave it...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Huh?
    
    [ She turns to watch her back, but there's nothing behind, only the voices ]
    
    ??? :
    
       Like moths to a flame, blinded by treasure...
    
    [ She suddenly throws the device in the coffin's direction... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       There!
    
    [ ... and it hits something... ]
    
    ??? :
    
       That hurts!
       GrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR!
    
    [ A purple rune glows on the ground where the device fall, and a lady ghost
      suddenly emerges from inside the device... ]
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       No, no! You must be careful!
       It is a precision device!
       Handle with CARE!
       Do you hear me!?
       CURSE YOU!
    
    [ And the lady ghost gets angry... ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>      Celeb     <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    [ After the fight is over, the lady ghost is... shrinking ]
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Oooh, nooo...
       Not this!
       This is my greatest disgrace...
       in 800 years!
       I curse you to the end of...
       time!
    
    [ And Sherlotta shut her off by stamping on it... or her exactly... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Oh, shut it. I'm 2000 years old, so that
       makes me the alpha girl around here.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ah. So sorry.
    
    [ Sherlotta is then doing some tweaking on the device ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Okay. So this part goes here... and, er...
       Yeah, perfect! But...
       What is it?
    
    [ Scene ends... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Now, my little sister.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Y-yes? What is it, m'lady?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Sure looks to me like we need another
       thingy-ma-jig to attach to you.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ah, yes indeed, wise one. You are so
       very old-ancient in fact-you must
       have learned much over the years...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
       You know, maybe we don't need this
       thing after all.
       Let's just smash it.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Noooooo! Please, mistress, forgive
       me. I misspoke!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Okay. So where is the other piece
       then?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       I-I don't know. The rumors I hear
       say that it was created centuries and
       centuries ago.
       I was born 800 years ago and I was a
       later modification!
       *sigh* What IS the point of living so
       long, if there are no more crystals in
       the world?
       ...Speaking of pointlessly long lives,
       I believe the other piece takes the
       form of a staff.
       ...
       Did I say pointless? No! My life is
       not without meaning!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Look, I'm not interested in your
       existential crisis.
       Give me some info I can actually use,
       and maybe you'll get to live for
       another 800 seconds.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ah, yesss, of course, m'lady. You
       defeated me in battle, after all.
       Very well...
       The ancient people built a huge mine
       to dig up the vast quantities of
       crystals they needed.
       The artifact we seek was a tool to
       extract power from the crystals.
       Perhaps it is in that mine...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       A mine? Where?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Eh? Ah, yes. It could be that
       way... or this way... couldn't it?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Well? Which is it?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       It exists, it exists, oh, I'm SURE it
       exists! It HAS to, or else...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Good. So, show us.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       I don't know where it is.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       ...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
       Okay. Any last words before I finish
       you off?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       N-n-no, wait, I remember now! The
       library! The information you want is
       there.
       Yes, yes, yes! They have a book, and
       it will tell you everything you want
       to know. I'm SURE of it.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       All right. Back to the town we go.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Oh, gods, please save me! Save me
       from the clutches of this woman!
    
    
    <><><> Gate (8) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT08]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the crystal transformer device in the Graveyard ]
    
    {Guard} :
    
       Oh, hello. You too, huh?
       *sigh* Today's my last day, but some
       of you just refuse to give up.
       That tower caused such a ruckus
       when it first appeared. EVERYONE
       wanted to get over there.
       But it hasn't done a thing since, and
       most people have lost interest
       by now.
       Even the guild has decided it's
       harmless and are treating it like any
       other old ruin.
       They don't have much choice of, of
       course. They can't get in to
       investigate anyway.
       Heck, I've been relieved of my
       sentry duties. I can finally go home
       again.
       I don't reckon there's anything in
       there anyway, but if you want to go
       chasing dreams, be my guest.
    
     * Heck, I've been relieved of my
       sentry duties. I can finally go home
       again.
       It's none of my business anymore.
    
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Hm? Oh, it's you again, is it?
     |    I heard everyone else has given up,
     |    but not me! Your cute friend there
     |    has inspired me.
     |    There's a great pile of treasure
     |    sitting in there, ripe for the
     |    picking.
     |    How can I turn my back on that?
     |    I don't know why the tower suddenly
     |    appeared, but frankly I don't care.
     |    Sure, whoever-or whatever-made it
     |    appear must have been really
     |    powerful.
     |    Some folks around here even starting
     |    worshipping it, like it was a sign
     |    from the gods or something.
     |    But in the end, it's just a relic of
     |    the past. And I for one don't live in
     |    the past.
     |    I'm not about let a bunch of
     |    long-dead ancients scare ME out of
     |    doing something I want to do.
     |    WE'RE in charge now.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    You might be right.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    That's why all I care about is the
     |    gil. Treasure, treasure, treasure!
     |    So keep your hands off MY loot. If
     |    you so much as put one finger on it...
     |    Well, just stay away from it, you
     |    hear?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Did I say you were right? I take it
     |    back.
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * This is my chance, while no one else
       is paying any attention.
       The treasure is all mine, you hear?
       I'm gonna grab every last gem and
       then I'll be rich beyond my dreams.
    
    
    <><><> Village (15)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL15]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the crystal transformer device in the Graveyard ]
    
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Ah, it feels so much nicer being here.
     |    It's more like home.
     |    Welcome back, [X].
     |    You really do have the power of the
     |    Crystal Core inside you.
     |    Whenever you return to the village,
     |    we reappear in our bodies like you
     |    see us now.
     |    But when you're away, we just sort
     |    of hover around, neither here nor
     |    there.
     |    See, the power of the Crystal Core
     |    gave us our old forms and made us
     |    real.
     |    We wondered what would happen if
     |    the crystal disappeared...
     |    but it seems we're going to stick
     |    around for a little longer, at least.
     |    I think that's because you still need
     |    us, [X].
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    But how are YOU doing? Do you feel
     |    all right, with all that power inside
     |    you?
     |    We don't want you to put yourself in
     |    danger just for our sakes!
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    That's right. We'd love to be with
     |    you forever, but that's not possible.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Pretty soon, it's going to be all over
     |    for us, but we don't mind. Honest.
     |    It seems like we've been in this
     |    forest for just about forever.
     |    We lived long enough to meet you and
     |    watch you grow up. That's good
     |    enough for me.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    The power is yours now. You need it
     |    for yourself, and for the future.
    
    
    {Ilina} :
    
     * When you come home, we return to our
       old forms. I think I know why...
       You still want to be spoiled by your
       big sis, right?
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
     * We're going to have to say "bye" some
       day soon.
       But it's the same as if we were
       alive. All things come to an end.
       Not even Sherlotta will be around
       forever.
    
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    La, la-la-la!
     |    ...
     |    Yi-HA! Bam-boody-bam-bam, oh yeah!
     |    I'm ALL alone in the for-EST!
     |    Oooh yeah!
     |    ...
     |    Ah-HA! Ant hill spotted...
     |    Time to begin Extreme Death Match
     |    III!
     |    Neuroptera Myrmeleontidae is putting
     |    everything on the line as they
     |    advance through the sand.
     |    Now behold today's chosen victim:
     |    Vespa tropica! It's going to be a
     |    battle of the hive queens!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...Hehehe.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What on earth are you up to?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eh...?
     |    WAAAAAAAAARGH!
     |    Sh-Sherlotta...? H-how long have
     |    you been...?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, it's not just me. EVERYONE is
     |    here.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Er... oh... gosh, yes. Teacher? Eryll?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    That's right. Just like that other
     |    time, we were here watching,
     |    although ye couldn't see us.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    I was over in the forest. But if I
     |    HAD been here, I would have heard
     |    you singing. Too bad.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Eh, I wouldn't mention that if I were
     |    ye, Eryll my girl.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    But why not? I would have loved to
     |    hear Norsy singing her song.
     |    Right, Norsy?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Eryll... Were you...
     |    ...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Norsy?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    NoooOOOOOO!
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill the second time ]
    
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    In any case, I'm glad we saw what ye
     |    were getting up to today.
     |    It seems that when ye're left alone,
     |    ye tend to run a little wild, eh?
     |    Remember earlier?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Earlier?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    NoooOOOOOO!
     |    P-p-please, Teacher! You don't have
     |    to tell Eryll about it!
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Waltrill the third time ]
    
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    All right, all right. I'm sorry.
     |    However, it seems ye're a young lady
     |    with many interests. Magic, the
     |    performing arts, and insects, too!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    I read all your books, Teacher. I
     |    wanted to learn as much as I could to
     |    help [X].
     |    And when I was left all alone, I had
     |    nothing else to do. So I read and
     |    read.
     |    In fact, I've read every book in your
     |    library.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ALL of them? Every single one in my
     |    library...?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Yep. That's how I managed to find
     |    your secret stash of wine up on the
     |    top shelf.
     |    You know what I found next to it? A
     |    really old book, wrapped up super
     |    carefully. And inside...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Y-ye didn't, did ye?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    I found a handwritten letter. It kind
     |    of smelled. You know what it smelled
     |    of?
     |    Perfume! *giggle*
     |    It was from an old flame, wasn't it?
     |    Guess there's more to you than meets
     |    the eye!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    WAAAAAAAAARGH!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    So anyway, I think we have the
     |    makings of a deal. Don't you,
     |    Teacher?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    B-b-b-but... er...
     |    Okay.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...? Norsy, what's wrong with
     |    Waltrill?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, nothing, I'm sure.
     |    Right, Teacher?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Aye. Nothing wrong at all.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...?
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
     * Grrr...
    
    
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Norsy, you're a really good singer!
     |    And you even write your own songs!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eh!?
     |    S-so you DID hear?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    So do you have any other songs? I'd
     |    LOVE to hear them!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Uh-uh, no WAY! I'm still working on
     |    them. I can't show them to anyone
     |    else.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Oh, come on, Norsy. You don't have to
     |    be so shy. You're really good.
     |    And anyway, I could NEVER write my
     |    own songs. I think you're amazing.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eryll, can we just drop it? I know
     |    you're teasing.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Please, Norsy, pleeease! Sing us some
     |    of your other songs!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Arg! [X], help me here!
     |
     |    # Norsy, sing a song! #
     |    # Norsy, sing a song! #
     |    # Norsy, sing a song! #
     |
     |    Hey, no fair!
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Ooooooh...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Eryll the second time ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     | *  *sigh* Fine, fine. Maybe next time...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     | *  YIPPEE! I can't wait! Isn't this
     |    great, [X]?
    
    
    [ If you talk to Sherlotta the second time ]
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yep, I think she can see us all right.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    I don't get it. No one was around, but
     |    now... everyone is here... But how?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    When [X] or I are here you can see
     |    everyone, but when we leave, they
     |    may disappear again.
     |    You don't need to panic. No one goes
     |    anywhere. They're always by your
     |    side.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But if I can't see them, then how...?
     |    Teacher?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eryll?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Well...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    It's not something we can teach ye,
     |    Norschtalen. Ye have to figure it out
     |    for yerself.
     |    But when ye do, I can help ye. That's
     |    my role, as yer teacher.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Well, I still don't really understand.
     |    You're saying you might disappear
     |    again, but you'll still be here, kind
     |    of.
     |    As long as I know that, I'll be okay.
     |    That's all I need. Honest.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
     * As long as I know everyone's
       here... well, that's good enough for
       me.
    
    
    {Aurdy} :
    
       Ah, hello, [X]. How are you enjoying
       your travels with Sherlotta?
    
       # Stunning, in every sense. #
    
       ...
       Yes, well. It would be, wouldn't it?
       the young lady exhibits an appalling
       ignorance of etiquette. She does and
       says what she wants!
       You see, that girl-
       Sh-she's not around, is she? She
       can't hear us, can she?
       Ahem. Anyway, in the old days she
       was just like any other village lass.
       She was polite, she looked after
       Eryll and the other children...
       Hard to believe, isn't it? Oh, she
       was such a lovely young woman.
       The king himself would have crossed
       a thousand miles of desert on his
       knees for her sake.
       She had a smile for everyone and
       scattered joy and love wherever she
       went! Ah, the memories...
       Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... *sob*
       ...
       Listen, young [X].
       I've lived a very long time-or
       rather, I've been dead for a very long
       time.
       But over the years, I've learned an
       unshakeable truth about life which
       I'm going to share with you...
       Are you ready?
       ...
       Women are REALLY scary!
    
       [ If your main character is a male ]
    
     * You know what I'm saying, don't you?
       We're both men here, right?
    
       [ If your main character is a female ]
    
     * Someday, [X], you, too, will...
       WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    
       # Er... #
    
       ...
       Say no more, say no more. I
       understand COMPLETELY.
       You see, that girl-
       Sh-she's not around, is she? She
       can't hear us, can she?
       Ahem. Anyway, in the old days she
       was just like any other village lass.
       She was polite, she looked after
       Eryll and the other children...
       Hard to believe, isn't it? Oh, she
       was such a lovely young woman.
       The king himself would have crossed
       a thousand miles of desert on his
       knees for her sake.
       She had a smile for everyone and
       scattered joy and love wherever she
       went! Ah, the memories...
       Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... *sob*
       ...
       Listen, young [X].
       I've lived a very long time-or
       rather, I've been dead for a very long
       time.
       But over the years, I've learned an
       unshakeable truth about life which
       I'm going to share with you...
       Are you ready?
       ...
       Women are REALLY scary!
    
       [ If your main character is a male ]
    
     * You know what I'm saying, don't you?
       We're both men here, right?
    
       [ If your main character is a female ]
    
     * Someday, [X], you, too, will...
       WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    
    
    {Bachenn} :
    
       ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
       ...PZZZTTTTTT...
       ...
       Who's my favorite little boy? Give
       Papa a kiss!
       ...
       PZZZZZZTTT...
    
       ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
       ...PZZZTTTTTT...
       ... I think SOMEONE wants to play
       tickles with my mustache!
       ...
       ZZZZZZZZZ...
    
       ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
       ...PZZZTTTTTT...
       ...
       Ah, [X], not now. Papa has work to
       do...
       ...
       ZZZZZZZZZ...
    
     * ZZZZZZZZZ... *snore*
       ...PZZZTTTTTT...
       ...
       No, no, [X]. Papa wants to sleep,
       okay?
       ...
       ZZZZZZZZZ...
    
    
    [ If you talk to Phelple or Toumli first ]
    
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Welcome back, [X]!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    How have you been getting on, [X]?
     |    You must be terribly hungry. I have
     |    some warm stew on the stove. Why
     |    don't you come by?
     |    Go on, Phelple. You ask him, too.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Er, so... like, er...
     |    [X]? You, er...
     |    ...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    You can do it, Phelple. Invite [X] over
     |    for dinner, so we can be one big
     |    family!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    ...B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but...
     |    RUN, [X], run away, fast! You mustn't
     |    eat that stew!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Ph-Phelple...? What are you doing?
     |    Are you betraying me?
     |    I see, I see. You're that
     |    age-you're turning into a little
     |    rebel!
     |    I suppose you'll be leaving home soon,
     |    heading off on your own... *giggle*
     |    I've spoiled you, that's been my
     |    problem. But you're about to learn
     |    the hard way...
     |    Life is nothing but hardship and
     |    disappointment!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Run away, [X]! Leave me, and save
     |    yourself!
     |    That stew's been sitting there for
     |    DAYS. It's really starting to stink.
     |    If you so much as LOOK at it you'll
     |    be sick for a week!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...Eh?
     |    Oh, goodness gracious, the boy is
     |    right! It can't possibly be edible
     |    anymore!
     |    What on earth was I thinking? I
     |    almost poisoned dear [X]!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    This is my chance! Okay, [X], why
     |    don't you come to MY place and...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Okat, Mum, that's enough!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Ullz? What are you doing?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Sorry, [X]. Don't worry about these
     |    two. We can handle it.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    See you around!
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Gracious me, what am I doing? Would
     |    I really try and make [X] eat that
     |    stuff?
     |    B-but it's not my fault, it really
     |    isn't! I couldn't help myself.
     |    I'd never DELIBERATELY try to poison
     |    dear [X].
     |    Even if it was deliberate, that
     |    doesn't mean I MEANT it.
     |    We love everyone in our family, no
     |    matter what!
     |    Of course, we're not really related,
     |    and now that you've grown up into a
     |    fine young man...
     |    W-wait... you ARE grown up now.
     |    Could it be that romance is in the
     |    air?
     |    Oooh, how exciting!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     | *  Oh, boy, here we go again. [X], you
     |    better get out of here while you
     |    still can.
    
    
    [ If you talk to Ullz or Tratt first ]
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X], what's up!?
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Welcome back, dear. You must be
     |    starving. Why don't I whip you up
     |    something to eat?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Mum, have you forgotten? We don't
     |    have any food! We didn't have bodies
     |    until just now!
     |    When [X] is away, we can't do
     |    anything at all.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Oh, my goodness, of course! What
     |    shall we do? What shall we do?
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    This is your chance, Phelple. We
     |    have leftover stew sitting right on
     |    the stove. Go on, ask!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Er, so... like, er...
     |    [X]? You, er...
     |    ...
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Go on, Phelple! Ask [X] over for
     |    dinner, and then we'll be one big
     |    family!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    ...B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but...
     |    RUN, [X], run away, fast! You mustn't
     |    eat that stew!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Ph-Phelple...? What are you doing?
     |    Are you betraying me?
     |    I see, I see. You're that
     |    age-you're turning into a little
     |    rebel!
     |    I suppose you'll be leaving home soon,
     |    heading off on your own... *giggle*
     |    I've spoiled you, that's been my
     |    problem. But you're about to learn
     |    the hard way...
     |    Life is nothing but hardship and
     |    disappointment!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Run away, [X]! Leave me, and save
     |    yourself!
     |    That stew's been sitting there for
     |    DAYS. It's really starting to stink.
     |    If you so much as LOOK at it you'll
     |    be sick for a week!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    ...Eh?
     |    Oh, goodness gracious, the boy is
     |    right! It can't possibly be edible
     |    anymore!
     |    What on earth was I thinking? I
     |    almost poisoned dear [X]!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    This is my chance! Okay, [X], why
     |    don't you come to MY place and...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Okat, Mum, that's enough!
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Ullz? What are you doing?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Sorry, [X]. Don't worry about these
     |    two. We can handle it.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    See you around!
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Gracious me, what am I doing? Would
     |    I really try and make [X] eat that
     |    stuff?
     |    B-but it's not my fault, it really
     |    isn't! I couldn't help myself.
     |    I'd never DELIBERATELY try to poison
     |    dear [X].
     |    Even if it was deliberate, that
     |    doesn't mean I MEANT it.
     |    We love everyone in our family, no
     |    matter what!
     |    Of course, we're not really related,
     |    and now that you've grown up into a
     |    fine young man...
     |    W-wait... could it be that romance is
     |    in the air?
     |    Oooh, how exciting!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     | *  Oh, boy, here we go again. [X], you
     |    better get out of here while you
     |    still can.
    
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  [X] is all grown up now!
     |    *giggle* Don't pay any mind to me,
     |    dear. I read too many romance novels!
     |    Although I must say it is fun to
     |    tease Phelple...
     |    he gets SO embarassed!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |    *sigh*
    
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     | *  Ullz! What are you doing? Get out of
     |    my way!
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     | *  Sorry, [X]. Don't worry about these
     |    two. We can handle it.
    
    
    <><><> Town (10) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW10]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the crystal transformer device in the Graveyard ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    *sigh*
     |    Hm? Oh, you're the kid from before.
     |    So where's your cute friend?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    There she is!
     |    Hey, beautiful. Looking good as
     |    always. Listen, why don't you tell me
     |    your name, at least?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Aw, it's okay. I like it when a girl
     |    plays hard to get. You're so cold, it's
     |    hot.
     |    Hehe. So, like, anyway. You still
     |    don't wanna get a strawberry
     |    smoothie with me?
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    HIYAAA!!!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...! [ He some kind of fainted... ]
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Yech, a creep for the ages! Perhaps
     |    that will shut him up.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Thanks.
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...Hm?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Ooooooooooooh... I KNEW you were my
     |    type! [ He gets up again... ]
     |    My lady, you're like the moon in my
     |    sky, you're the light in my day, you're
     |    my everything!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    KII-YAH!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...! [ ... and fainted again... ]
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Wh-what IS this man? How does he
     |    recover so fast? Is he even human?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    He does seem kind of resilient.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...U-ungh... [ ...gets up again... ]
     |    Ooooooooooooh... Gosh, you're
     |    beautiful!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    GII-YARGH!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    HIYA! KIYA! GIYA!
     |    PowpowpowpowpowPOW!
     |    Take this, and this, and THIS!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...!!! ...!!! ...!!! [ ... and awesomely fainted, finally... ]
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    *pant pant* There. Legally and
     |    biologically, he's about as near-dead
     |    as you can be.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    But for how long? Let's get out of
     |    here while we can.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * ... *gurgle*
    
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    That young girl I met before acted so
     |    much older than her years.
     |    She looked like a normal Clavat,
     |    but...
     |    if she was over a hundred, then she
     |    had to be a Yuke or Lilty, right?
     |    I don't understand how she could look
     |    so young. A mystery wrapped in an
     |    enigma, that's what she is!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    She says she's 2000 years old.
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    What!? Then she must be some kind
     |    of monster.
     |    I see, I see. So she's actually a
     |    wizened old crone of the fairy world.
     |    Hoho...
     |    Whoops.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Time to die!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Oh, goodie!
     |
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...! [ Fainted... ]
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  Some people just don't know when to
     |    stop talking.
    
    
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    *growl* Woof! Woof!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You have NO idea who you're barking
     |    at, you flea-bitten little mutt. Shut
     |    it, NOW.
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    Woof?
    
    
    {Dog} :
    
     * *whimper*
    
    
    
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Welcome!
     |    From morning to night, Ye Compleat
     |    Adventurer is here...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     | *  WAAAAAAAAAH!
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     | *  WAAAAAAAAAH! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Well, well. You certainly put the
     |    fear of the gods in him!
    
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hm.
     |    ...
     |    What are YOU looking at?
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Aren't you and the cat going to have
     |    another conversation?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    We just did.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Oh.
    
    
    {Cat} :
    
     * ...
    
    
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     | *  Hello. Welcome to Custom
     |    Fabrications.
     |    We produce custom items using
     |    materials provided by-
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yes, it's me, and that's the cat. So
     |    what? Don't you have a job to do?
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    O-oh, yes. Of course.
     |    Ahem.
     |    What can I help you with today?
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     | *  Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello.
     |    Eh? A crystal mine?
     |    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand.
     |    What's a crystal?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, come off it. Everyone knows
     |    about the crystals disappearing
     |    2000 years ago.
     |    It's in the history books.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Ah, what a cute little talking cup.
     |    Did your friend buy that for you?
     |    How wonderful. You're very lucky to
     |    have such good friends to take care
     |    of you.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Look, it wasn't a gift and no one
     |    bought it for me.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Oh, you don't have to be embarassed.
     |    What's wrong with playing with toys
     |    at your age?
     |    Now, little girl, you have to be extra
     |    special nice to your friend. Do you
     |    hear?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Grrr...
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Hehe. Did you hear that? She said I
     |    was cute.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Ow!
    
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     | *  Now, now. That was a present. You
     |    mustn't break it.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     | *  That's right. You be careful!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     | *  OUCH!
    
    
     | [ If you talk to the fainted Yuke first ]
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Ah, she's still out of it.
     |    How was the graveyard? You went
     |    with your girlfriend there?
     |    The rumors were true, right? You
     |    heard the voice from that crypt at
     |    the far end of the graveyard?
     |
     |    [ If you talk to the Selkie first, starts here and skip above ]
     |
     |    Oh, I remember you.
     |    How was the graveyard? You went
     |    with your girlfriend there?
     |    The rumors were true, right? You
     |    heard the voice from that crypt at
     |    the far end of the graveyard?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yeah. But there weren't any curses or
     |    anything. Just the usual traps and
     |    tricks.
     |    Big surprise. Rumors are worth what
     |    you pay for them.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Wow, so you really went? Scaaary...
     |    But, what was the voice then?
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Leave it... Leave it...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Yeah, yeah, that one.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Hehe. I was the one who set the
     |    traps, of course.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Aaaaaaaaargh! [ And he joined the Hall of Fainted club... ]
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Little boy, come here...!
     |    Oh, hello?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    He fainted. Guess you scared him.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Hmph. No manners at all.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * ...
    
    
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    *sigh* I'm tired. Let's sit down and
     |    have a drink, shall we?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Oh, Mother, you are too kind. Please,
     |    sit, sit. Waiter! A hot tea, and make
     |    snappy!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Oh, I don't need any tea.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Oh, of COURSE. Forgive me, Mother.
     |    Waiter! FOrget the tea. Bring us
     |    nectar! Honey nectar and the finest
     |    hors d'oeuvres you can find!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    My dear, I don't want any nectar now.
     |    It's not even noon.
     | *  *sigh* How did this happen...?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Mother, are you unwell?
     |    I'm SO sorry, I forgot! You said you
     |    were tired. Would you like a shoulder
     |    massage?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Oh, er, well, I suppose...
     |    Look, dear. I DO appreciate you being
     |    so attentive, but... you've been acting
     |    very weird recently.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Weird? Oh, I'm SO sorry, Mother.
     |    I'll stop it immediately. I don't want
     |    worry you!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Er, this is exactly what I'm talking
     |    about...
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    How sweet. It brings a tear to the
     |    eye...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Mother and child spending quality
     |    time together.
    
    
    {Lilty Kid} :
    
     * Very well, Mother! I'll stop being
       weird! I promise.
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Hey, I picked up some hot info.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    *yawn* ...Eh?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You really shouldn't sleep here, you
     |    know. People will get the wrong idea.
     |    You look like a crazy man who escaped
     |    from the asylum and got lost and then
     |    had a fit and passed out.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    You have a vivid imagination, kiddo.
     |    Anyhoo. What did you hear?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Apparently, the graveyard has a
     |    serious monster infestation.
     |    They're trying to organize a group to
     |    go and drive the critters out.
     |    They've put up a signboard in the
     |    graveyard. You want to go together?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    A quest, huh? I guess I DO need the
     |    exercise. Can't lie around forever,
     |    right?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Wow. You're finally gonna get off
     |    your butt and do some work?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    For sure!
     |    But not today. Tomorrow, 'kay?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
     * You do realize you can't keep living
       like this, don't you?
    
    
    {Clavat Man 2} :
    
     * Tomorrow, tomorrow, ...
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
       I saw an odd-looking stranger
       sneaking about the library.
       She was dressed like a mercenary, so
       I just assumed that she was supposed
       to be there. But still...
       Are you going to the library? Why
       don't you have a word with her?
       I'd love to know what she's doing in
       there.
       Some of those mercenary types are a
       little strange, if you know what I
       mean.
    
     * I saw an odd-looking stranger
       sneaking about the library. I think
       she was a mercenary, but...
    
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello. You must really like the
     |    library!
     |    I warned you the door had been opened
     |    and the place was full of monsters,
     |    but you went in there anyway.
     |    Which reminds me. I haven't seen that
     |    Larkeicus man since the tower
     |    suddenly appeared.
     |    And that was the same day the
     |    monsters invaded the library.
     |    I remember you were running errands
     |    for him not so long ago.
     |    I can't help thinking there's some
     |    connection betweem all these events.
     |    And YOU appear to be the common
     |    factor...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hey, why don't you just come out and
     |    say it? You think we're behind it all.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ... Well, yes. Yes I do.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hmph.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Is that it? You're not going to deny
     |    it?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    We've got better things to do. See
     |    ya.
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ah-ha! I've uncovered your little
     |    game and now you're trying to run
     |    away.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Assume what you want. You really
     |    think I care? Like I said, see ya.
     |    This guy is totally after something.
     |    Maybe blackmail... or maybe something
     |    even worse, like...
     |    Direct marketing! "Recruit a sales
     |    force and make millions selling
     |    elixirs!" No thanks!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    *shudder* We'd sign up dor a trial
     |    run and next thing you know...
     |    we're stuck with a ten-year supply of
     |    potions.
     |    And would we ever get to see a single
     |    gil in sales? No way! It all goes in
     |    his pocket.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Right, right. So remember, no matter
     |    what he says or does, don't give him a
     |    single iron penny!
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Hey, hey, hey! COme on, give a guy a
     |    break. I was just talking, that's all.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Shut it, you snake oil salesman. If
     |    you want money, go get a real job.
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  ...But... I...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  Seriously, do I LOOK like an idiot to
     |    you?
    
    
    <><><> Library (8) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [LB08]
    
    
    [ Getting info for the location of the Mine - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ After defeating the monsters and read the shining book on the shelf ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hm. Is this it?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
       That's the one!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       It's written in the ancient tounge.
       Definitely from my time.
       Let's see...
       "Fishing Fool's Monthly"?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       ...Eh?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       "Fly Fishing: The New Retro Boom?
       Top Ten Best-Kept Bass Secrets.
       The Art of Making Lures..."
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Wh-what is this magazine!? Why is
       it in the library? And how was it
       survived for 2000 years?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Er, m'lady? I realize that
       2000-year-old fishing tips must be
       TOTALLY fascinating...
       but don't you think we should be
       searching for the book that will tell
       us how to find the mine?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Ah-ha. Here we go. Page 24.
    
    ( You've learned how to get to the mine. )
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       But...?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       C'mon, let's move out.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       *sigh* Very well.
    
    
    <><><> Mine (1) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MN01]
    
    
    [ Finding the last crystal apparatus - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the last chamber ]
    
    [ A scene begins, Sherlotta and the main character enter a huge chamber with
      some kind of pool in the surrounding. A staff is seen in the center, then
      Sherlotta approaches and takes it. ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Well, that wasn't so hard.
       I guess that's it...
    
    [ Sherlotta turns backward, and a lizard-like monster is seen crawling on the
      wall behind her... She looks back, but it's gone, he turns around again ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Riiight?
    
    [ Again, the monster is seen behind her... apparently upset, she suddenly
      throw the staff she's holding backward ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Oh, bug off!
    
    [ It hits the monster, who falls to the pool below ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       That's better.
       I was SO not in the mood.
    
    [ She walks away, but the monster is crawling back up behind her... and the
      staff that Sherlotta thrown is stuck on its body ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hm?
    
    [ She notices that she has just thrown the staff they're searching for... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       No WAY!
       Give that back, now!
    
    [ ... and now she is shouting at the monster... apparently acusing the monster
      for stealing it... oh, my... ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>     Hecteyes   <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After the battle... the staff is... 'back'. Sherlotta then attach the
      previous found apparatus (the crystal finder and the cup) to the staff. She
      is admiring it for a second... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hmmm...
       It's...
       It's like, er...
       What is it, anyway?
       Guess we'll just play around with it and see.
       You lead the way.
       Show us these ruins you
       went and activated, okay?
    
    [ Scene ends... ]
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ta-dah, the key is complete!
       Congratulations, m'lady!
       How wonderful it is to be back to my
       old self! Don't I look marvelous?
       Now, how can I serve you, m'lady?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Before we can do anything, we need
       to supply power to that gate.
       Those ruins that Larkeicus tricked
       [X] into activating are the key...
       We have to go and fix them first.
       Larkeicus was just using you from
       the beginning, [X].
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Oooh, you know Larkeicus well!
       Yes, yes, he is such a man.
       He even told me that he created me so
       that I would thwart anyone who tried
       to stop him.
       In a world without crystals, what
       use could such machines be?
       But everything has come to pass as he
       planned.
       Such tenacity, such obsession. It's as
       if he could see every future
       possibility, and planned for them all.
       M'lady is from the same era, are you
       not? Have you known each other since
       then?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
       Yeah. He saw everything.
       Or maybe, he just made everything
       happen the way he wanted.
       ...
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Have I awoken sad memories, m'lady?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       You could say that.
       [X]...
       I need to tell you...
       No, it can wait. For now, we'll just
       enjoy the journey, okay?
       Let's go.
    
    
    <><><> Village (16)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL16]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the last device (staff) in the Mine, where the villagers are
      now in the shape of... er, ghosts... I mean... spirits... spooky, eh? Hmm...
      I wonder where are the cows... ]
    
     | [ If you talk to Lian first, start here ]
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Oh, hey, [X].
     |
     | [ If you talk to Ilina first, start here (skip above) ]
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Welcome back, [X].
     |    You know who I am, right? It's Ilina.
     |    Hehe. I'm having a hard time hanging
     |    on to my old body.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Oh, it's not your fault, [X]. We've
     |    lived for a long time already.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Although we were dead for most of
     |    it, haha.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    But, you know...
     |    even though we're going to disappear
     |    soon, I'm not scared at all. I'm
     |    actually kind of excited.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    You, too?
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Yeah. I think everyone feels the
     |    same.
     |    You gave us so much, [X]. That's
     |    why...
     |    That's why everyone feels so... at
     |    peace.
     |    Two thousand years is a long time to
     |    be stuck in limbo...
     |    I think we've had our fill.
    
     | [ Next if you talk to Ilina first, start here ]
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Yeah, that's a good way of putting it.
     |
     | [ Netxt if you talk to Lian first, start here (skip above) ]
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Our lives ended really suddenly that
     |    day. We were supposed to just
     |    disappear...
     |    but fate had a surprise for us. We
     |    lived on.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    Yes. Sherlotta was all alone, so we
     |    looked over her for all those
     |    centuries.
     |    She was so lonely and sad, but she
     |    had to keep on living, day after day.
     |    It was terrible for her.
     |    It made us sad, too. Even though we
     |    were so close, we couldn't help her.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    And so the years and centuries
     |    passed, until Sherlotta met you.
     |    That's when it all began.
     |    When you came into Sherlotta's life,
     |    she finally emerged from her lonely
     |    shell. Despair turned into hope...
     |    and for the first time, she noticed
     |    that we were right there beside her.
     |    Our lives changed, too.
     |    Watching you grow up by day, it
     |    was like the old days again.
     |    Before we knew it, you'd grown up
     |    and were ready for your
     |    coming-of-age ceremony.
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    I can't tell you how happy that made
     |    us. It was like we'd never died at
     |    all.
     |    It's been a long, strange journey. But
     |    thanks to you, it was all worthwhile.
     |    ... In the end, it was a good life.
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    Yeah. You made our wishes come true.
     |    We're all happy. We're all at peace...
     |    Thanks to you, [X].
     |
     | {Ilina} :
     |
     |    We'll probably be leaving you soon.
     |    Look after Sherlotta for us, okay?
     |    Although I don't have to ask you, do
     |    I?
     |
     | {Lian} :
     |
     |    You always do the right thing.
    
    
    {Ilina} :
    
     * I can't give you a big old hug like I
       want to, but you be brave, okay?
       From now on, youre going to have to
       look after Sherlotta for us.
    
    
    {Lian} :
    
     * We've tried to be good friends to
       you, and a good family.
       Your life is just beginning, but we
       hope the memories you have of us will
       always be a source of strength.
    
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X]! You remember me, right?
     |    Your buddy Ullz?
     |    Haha, look what's happening to me. I
     |    look so stupid.
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Hello, [X]. You can probably tell just
     |    from looking at us...
     |    but we're finally running out of time.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Why are you lookin' so down? It's
     |    cool. We don't mind, not one bit!
     |    It's been totally fun ever since you
     |    came to the village!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Yeah. We had some real good times,
     |    didn't we, [X]?
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    *giggle* Remember the time we were
     |    playin' "runaway bull" and we almost
     |    knocked your house down?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Oh yeah! Although I got into SO much
     |    trouble afterwards.
     |    My favorite was when we took the
     |    water wheel from old Aurdy's house
     |    and rode it down the hill.
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Wahahaha! Oh, yeah, that was the
     |    BEST. I still remember the
     |    expression on Aurdy's face.
    
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X], what's with the long face?
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    C'mon, you know why...
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     |    Yeah, I guess. But [X], you're a
     |    grown-up now.
     |    You can't be looking glum all the
     |    time. You have to go out there and
     |    grab life by the tail.
     |    We're already dead, so we didn't ever
     |    grow up.
     |    But it was good of you to keep playin'
     |    with us, even after you got older.
     |    Hanging out with you was the most
     |    fun I ever had. You'll always be our
     |    bestest friend!
     |    You have to live life for all of us
     |    now. So don't hold back!
     |
     | {Phelple} :
     |
     |    Yeah...
     |    It's been a lot of fun, [X].
     |    Don't ever give up just because we
     |    have to go. And don't forget us,
     |    either!
     |
     | {Ullz} :
     |
     | *  See ya, [X]. It's been a blast!
    
    
    {Phelple} :
    
     * Good luck, [X]!
    
    
     | [ If you talk to Tratt first, start here ]
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Hi there, [X]. Sorry about the way we
     |    look. We're a bit... ghostly, I guess.
     |
     | [ If you talk to Toumli first, start here ]
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Ah, welcome back, [X].
     |
     |    [ If you talk to Toumli first, go to Tratt's speech then back here ]
     |
     |    We're glad you came, though. It's
     |    getting about time to say goodbye.
     |    I wanted to make you something tasty
     |    before we went, but I don't think I
     |    can now.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    I DO hope you'll be all right without
     |    us. I know how you always forget to
     |    eat.
     |    Oooh, I'm so worried. You're going to
     |    be all on your own!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    There won't be anyone to welcome you
     |    home or anything! How will you
     |    manage?
     |    Coming back to an empty house with
     |    nothing to look forward to but a
     |    frozen dinner and a cold bed...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Oh, stop, Toumli. I can't even bear
     |    to think about it!
     |    You have to promise us you won't end
     |    up like that, do you hear?
     |    Tell me, do you have a friend? A
     |    special someone you like to hang out
     |    with?
     |    You're a grown-up now. You need to
     |    get married and start a family.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes, what a splendid idea. Then
     |    you'll never be lonely.
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    Imagine if [X] had children!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    I bet they'd look just like [X] when he
     |    was a baby-cute as a button!
     |    But just think... what would that
     |    make us?
     |    Yes, yes. We'd be like...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    No! Don't say it, or I think I'd just
     |    explode with joy right here on the
     |    spot!
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    Yes. Grandchildren-it's quite a
     |    thought, isn't it?
    
     | [ If next you talk to Tratt first, start here ]
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    But we really do have to say goodbye
     |    soon.
     |
     | [ If next you talk to Toumli first, start here ]
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     |    But we really do have to say goodbye
     |    soon.
     |
     |    [ If you talk to Tratt first, skip the above speech for Toumli ]
     |
     |    It seems a pitty fot it to happen now,
     |    after all this time. But it can't be
     |    helped, I suppose.
     |    In fact, knowing you has made this
     |    long wait all worthwhile.
     |    Of course, neither of us were your
     |    real mother...
     |
     | {Tratt} :
     |
     |    but we always thought of you as our
     |    very own child.
     |    How can we have any regrets after
     |    that?
     |    Go out and sample everything that
     |    life has to offer, because you'll
     |    always be ours.
     |
     | {Toumli} :
     |
     | *  Thank you, [X]...
     |    Thank you from the bottom of my
     |    heart.
    
    
    {Tratt} :
    
     * Goodbye, [X], and be brave!
    
    
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello, [X]. You're just in time.
     |    I shall be going soon, but I very much
     |    wanted to see you before I left.
     |    Have you talked with the other
     |    villagers already? They've been most
     |    anxious to see you.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Please, do visit with everyone. Show
     |    them what a fine young man you've
     |    become.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...Zzt...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    [X], it's hard to believe you've grow
     |    up so big and strong.
     |    It seems like only yesterday that you
     |    were yea high.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...Pzzzt... *snort*
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    We've tried to bring you up the right
     |    way, to be responsible and
     |    considerate.
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ZZZZZZZZZT... PZZZZZZTH...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ZZZZZZZZZT... PZZZZZZTH...
     |    *snort* BLLLTHZZZ....
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Will... you... PLEASE... STOP... THAT!
     |    How can you POSSIBLY sleep on THIS
     |    day, of all days!?
    
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ZZZZZZZZZT... PZZZZZZTH...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Wake up, you ridiculous bumpkin!
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...Hm?
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    Oh, are you awake? We were just
     |    saying goodbye to young [X].
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Who's my favorite little boy? Give
     |    Papa a kiss!
     |    ...
     |    ZZZZZZZZZ...
     |
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     |    GRRRRRRRRR! I'll throttle the
     |    numbskull, I swear I will!
     |    *pant pant*
     |    Oh dear... I don't have... the
     |    energy... leaving soon... must
     |    prepare... *cough*
    
     | {Aurdy} :
     |
     | *  *pant pant*
     |    [X]... I must go... Live well... be
     |    strong...
     |
     | {Bachenn} :
     |
     | *  ... Hey, [X]... Want to play tickles
     |    with my mustache?
     |    ...
     |    ZZZZZZZZZ...
    
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    B-b-b-but, T-Teacher...?
     |    [X], you're just in time! You have to
     |    help us. Teacher is turning into a
     |    spirit!
     |    Look, you can barely see him anymore.
     |    I never really believe in spirits,
     |    but it's happening.
     |    Teacher is getting all gaseous!
     |    I d-don't understand it. Is this a
     |    scientific transformation?
     |    Has phosphorous gotten into his
     |    bloodstream?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Ach, Norschtalen, ye're forgetting to
     |    breathe again, aren't ye?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, s-sorry!
     |    Phooo...haaaaaa. Phooo... haaaaaa.
     |    O-okay, I'm calm now. Even keel.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    There's no explanation for what's
     |    happening. No scientific explanation,
     |    at least.
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But, Teacher, I don't understand!
     |    Please...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Well, it's like this: I don't have much
     |    time left.
     |    The simple fact is, I'm already dead.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Aye, I suppose it is a bit surprising.
     |    Ye may not believe me, but it's the
     |    honest truth.
     |    Ye see, everyone in this village apart
     |    from ye and [X] are already-
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    You're all from the ancient
     |    civilization, aren't you?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Aye, that's right. I knew ye'd catch
     |    on quick. Ye're a smart girl.
     |    Wait.
     |    Have ye known all along?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    It occured to me when I was reading
     |    the books in your library.
     |    All your books were from the ancient
     |    times. Really rare books that you
     |    can't even find in the town library.
     |    I didn't believe it at first, but the
     |    more I tought about it, the more it
     |    made sense.
     |    It wasn't just you-everyone in the
     |    village used the ancient language and
     |    ancient runes.
     |    When I first came here I just assumed
     |    everyone was a super genius...
     |    so I studied and studied so I could
     |    understand it, too.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Ah, is that so?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    And then there was the Crystal Core
     |    incident. When everyone suddenly
     |    disappeared and reappeared...
     |    But, it doesn't matter now. When I
     |    first came here, everyone accepted
     |    me without question...
     |    The people of the village were so
     |    kind to me, even though I was just a
     |    stranger.
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    But... why are you all changing now?
     |    What's going to happen?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ... Well, I think we're leaving.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...Eh?
     |    ...
     |    You mean, you're turning invisible,
     |    right?
     |    You'll still be here, right? Standing
     |    next to me? Listening to my songs?
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    ... No, Norsy. I'm afraid that this
     |    time, we're really going.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    This time had to come, sooner or
     |    later. But now it's here, it somehow
     |    feels right.
     |    All living things pass on eventually.
     |    There'll always come the day when we
     |    have to say goodbye.
     |    In nature, there is no forever.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    It was wrong of me to find ye and
     |    bring ye here. None of this had
     |    anything to do with ye...
     |    Ye should never have become involved.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...No. The truth is... I didn't really
     |    get lost... in the forest.
     |    When.. when I lived in the town... I
     |    was alone. I was an orphan.
     |    They put me in a home... but no
     |    matter what I did... it was always
     |    wrong...
     |    They got mad at me every day...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I know, I know. That's why I brought
     |    ye here.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    *sob* Teacher, please...
     |    Please! I don't want you to go!!!  [ *sob* *sob*... :( ]
     | *  NOOOOOO!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I'm sorry, Norsy.
     |    Forgive me, my girl.
    
    
    {Waltrill} :
    
     * Take care of yerself now...
    
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Eryll? What's going on?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Unnn... well... you know.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ... I see.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    The power of the Crystal Core kept
     |    us all here.
     |    But now that it's gone, there's
     |    nothing holding us back...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm sorry I made you stay with me for
     |    so long.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    No, we didn't mind. We WANTED to be
     |    with you.
     |    We're actually really glad the
     |    Crystal Core came to the forest.
     |    It was supposed to have ended for us
     |    on that day way back then.
     |    But thanks to you, we saw everything
     |    that happened afterwards. And we
     |    learned so much.
     |    You can tell, just by looking at us,
     |    can't you? You see how happy
     |    everyone is?
     |    I think the Crystal Core knew
     |    everything from the very beginning.
     |    That's why it made our deepest
     |    wishes come true.
     |    The Crystal Core is filled with
     |    peace and kindness and love.
     |    *giggle* Kind of like you, Sherlotta.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm not as good a person as you.
     |    Sometimes I get angry, and sometimes
     |    I feel sad.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    But think... Who is that anger and
     |    sadness for?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    You see? You're the kindest person
     |    I've ever known. Your purity is what
     |    makes you so strong.
     |    It's just like the Crystal Core.
     |    That's why it kept sparkling...
     |    even after all the other crystals
     |    disappeared.
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    But what IS the Crystal Core,
     |    really?
     |    It appeared out of nowhere, and
     |    suddenly changed everything.
     |    It made me immortal and gave me the
     |    power to make crystals.
     |    I didn't want that power. I never
     |    asked for it. What use was it to me?
     |    I would have been better off without
     |    any of it.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Except that it kept you alive all
     |    those centuries...
     |    so that you could be there in the
     |    forest on the very day that [X]
     |    appeared.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ... And that made it all worthwhile.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    You see? There's a reason for
     |    everything. And there must be a
     |    reason why you can make crystals!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yes. The power will help us reach
     |    that tower.
     |    But I hate the idea that I need
     |    something that I hate so much.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Your mission still isn't over,
     |    Sherlotta. Shouldn't you be going?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ... Yes, of course.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Good luck, Sherlotta.
    
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     | *  Good luck.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  ... Yeah.
    
    
    <><><> Town (11) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW11]
    
    
    [ After obtaining the last device (staff) in the Mine ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ... *blubber*
     |    ... Mmm.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I think it's time to leave.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * ... *gurgle* Hah...
    
    
     | {Male Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  Mmm. Struck dumb at last.
    
    
     | {Dog} :
     |
     | *  *whimper*
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, don't be such a wimp, you
     |    miserable excuse for a canine!
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    Woof?
    
    
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Hr...Hrrraaahhh!
     |    Eeeeeeeeeeeek!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Stop screaming, you fool.
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    *shudder*
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ... Good. That's better.
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    *shudder*
     | *  I-I-I-I-I... *groan*
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     |    *shudder*
     | *  Th, thank you very mu....waaahhh!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    This is getting irritating.
    
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow, purr-purr, meeeow...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Really...
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow, mrr-mrr, mreeeow.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hm.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    *sigh* There they go again.
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Mrrreeeowww.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Is that so? Well, goodbye then.
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    What? What? What did you talk
     |    about?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Oh, just about your...
     |    No, I shouldn't. It would be a
     |    violation of trust.
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     | *  You asked about me, didn't you? What
     |    did you ask?
    
    
    [ If you don't talk to the Cat before ]
    
    {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
    
     * Oh...
       Welcome to Custom Fabrications!
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    [ If you have talked to the Cat before ]
    
    {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
    
     * You were talking about me, weren't
       you? What did the cat say?
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Tell me, please! Pleasepleaseplease?
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Aye-aye, ma'am!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    She's not your superior officer.
     |    Something softer!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Yes, matriarch.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    What is she, the head of some secret
     |    society? Remember, you're her
     |    family! One more time!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ... Dearest mother.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    More common, more modern, more
     |    personal!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Ma.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Now you're a middle-aged man!
     |    Something more child-like! Next!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    M... mum...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Hmm...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    It's not quite there yet, wait three
     |    more years for that one.
     |    Next!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What is going on here?
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Mom, moms, mama, female parent,
     |    maternal unit...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Hmm, they're all just a bit... off.
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Next! Let's try to be more exotic!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Mere, mamma mia, madre, mutter,
     |    moeder, majka, maman...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    That's it! That's the one! We've got
     |    a winner!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Aha! So "maman" is the correct
     |    terminology, yes? Then I present to
     |    thee... Maman!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Nooo! It's all wrong now, and your
     |    speech pattern has regressed!
     |    Arrrgh!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Nggghhh... I have failed thee!
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  But worry not! I shall learn from
     |    this failure and fulfill my glorious
     |    destiny!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     | *  I may have underestimated this one...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Dear me.
    
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Hey, what's wrong with you two?
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ughhh! Somebody! Somebodyyy!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What is it?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ah, good timing! Something's wrong
     |    with these two. I think they're sick.
     |    Can you go find a doctor-
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Ngh... nggghhh...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Ugh... uh... wha...?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    They're coming round.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    That IS a surprise. Nothing I tried
     |    seemed to help...
     |    You two really gave me a scare. I was
     |    about to make a big scene!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yeah. If it was a joke, it's not very
     |    funny.
     |    You're not children. You should know
     |    what's appropriate and what's not.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Well said! You're the first person
     |    I've met in this town to speak to
     |    them like that.
     |    Are you listening, you two? She's
     |    absolutely right. You should be
     |    ashamed of yourselves!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Wha... what am I doing here? I
     |    remember that I...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Wha... what am I doing here? I
     |    remember that I...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Aghhhhhh!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Aghhhhhh!
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Really. You two can learn a lot from
     |    this young woman, so mature for...
     |    Hm?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Frozen again. Looks like they haven't
     |    learned their lesson.
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     | *  Enough is enough! Will you PLEASE
     |    stop pretending to be statues.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  ...
     |
    
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Huh-huh, the sky is pretty...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    What happened to you?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Oh, hey. I tried to think of some way
     |    to get to the tower but...
     |    Huh-huh-huh, nothing doin'. Little
     |    too much exercise for this noggin,
     |    huh-huh-huh!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Really knocked yourself out, huh?
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Hey, wait a minute. What are YOU
     |    doing back on your feet?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Turned over a new leaf. Now I'm a
     |    leader, a doer and a real go-getter!
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Is that right? Well, whatever. Have
     |    fun.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    That slacker attitude really IS
     |    annoying.
     |    Although I guess you deserve a break
     |    after trying so hard to get into the
     |    tower.
     |
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     |    Yeah, rest time for me.
     | *  I don't wanna see that tower for a
     |    good long time!
    
     | {Selkie Girl} :
     |
     | *  Huh-huh, the sky is pretty...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     | *  Was I really as bad as this?
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    So what are you all upset about now?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    I-I'm not upset...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Fine.
     |    Oh, did you hear the latest?
     |    Apparently they've discovered a new
     |    cave.
     |    Well, not a real cave. It's man-made,
     |    like someone was digging for
     |    something.
     |    they think it's an ancient mine. Want
     |    to go check it out?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Er, I'll pass.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Aw, come on!
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    How about you, then? Do you want to
     |    check out the mine?
     |    Supposedly, there's already some
     |    signpost there about a missing girl
     |    or something.
     |    If we don't hurry, there'll be nothing
     |    left for us.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    No thanks. We were just there.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Aw, I knew it! You're all so quick
     |    it's hard to keep up.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hmph. Still up to your old tricks,
     |    then?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Huh!?
     |    Uh-oh, busted...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You and your friend here are luring
     |    people to the mine to steal their
     |    money.
     |    You're too chicken to do it on your
     |    own, so you got this guy to help out.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Wait, this is a big misunderstanding!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Hey, now, hold on there. He hasn't
     |    done anything wrong that I've seen.
     |    If you're going to insult my friends,
     |    you'll have to answer to me.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    W-wow, that is so touching. Thanks,
     |    friend!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Sure, this guy is a grumpy, whiny
     |    malcontent who takes advantage of
     |    people's misery and shortcomings...
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    I've been with him a long time, and I
     |    know all about his insults and total
     |    lack of manners.
     |    Even I get sick of defending him. Yes,
     |    he's THAT annoying.
     |    But what exactly did he do this
     |    time? Tell me!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You don't expect much from your
     |    friends, do you?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    He doesn't, does he?
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Come on, what did he do? If I don't
     |    like your answer, there'll be hell to
     |    pay!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    He tries to pick fights so he can
     |    swindle money out of people.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    I told you, that's a misunderstanding.
     |    It's a case of mistaken identity!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Well, you really messed up this time,
     |    didn't you?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    But...?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You've sunk low, but it's not too
     |    late. Maybe if you turn yourself in...
     |    Er, are you going to file an oficial
     |    complaint?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    No, he was stopped before he could
     |    carry out his plan. That's good
     |    enough for me... this time.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You're a very nice person, you know
     |    that?
     |    Did you hear that? She's letting you
     |    off the hook!
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Look, I told you...
     |    Oh, never mind.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Look, we've got to go. Stay out of
     |    trouble, okay?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Yes, ma'am, will do!
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
     * Er...
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
     * You're a really nice person, you know
       that?
    
    
    <><><> Fire Mountain (3) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FM03]
    
    
    * NOTE : *
    
    The scripts here are not depend on the location (Fire/Ice Mountain), but depend
    on the order you visit the Mountains. In other words, if you go to Ice Mountain
    first, then you get the script like listed here in the Fire Mountain, because
    I visit Fire Mountain first, and so on.
    
    
    [ Activating the ruins to power the Gate - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part and going to the top, a scene begin showing
      Sherlotta examining a small object on the ground of the ruins... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hmmm...
    
    [ She put the staff on the object and it starts to glow, but nohting else
      happened... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...?
    
    [ She looks upset, turns back, takes a distance and then jumping, smashing the
      staff to the object... ]
    
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hyaaa...
       YAAAAAA!
    
    [ It apparently works, the object glows and sinks to the ground... a moment
      later, the circle part of the ruins rotates and emitts a huge beam that
      projected onto the right part of the Gate ]
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Waaah!
       M-m-m'lady, please. I'm a precision
       device. What if I were to break?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I'd hit you harder and straighten you
       out again.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Y-you wouldn't! People these days
       are SO cruel.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I'm not from "these days."
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Yes. Of course.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Anyway, one down, one to go. Next up
       is Ice Mountain. [ If you go to Ice Mountain first, it should be 'Fire' ]
       Let's do it. No point wasting time!
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       P-please, be gentle.
    
    
    <><><> Ice Mountain Entrance 3  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [IM03]
    
    
    [ Activating the ruins to power the Gate - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the final part and going to the top, a scene begin showing
      Sherlotta is running, apparently going to smash the same object on the ground
      like in the Fire Mouintain before... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hyiiiiii...
       YAAAAAAR!
    
    [ Again, the object glows and sinks to the ground... a moment later, the circle
      part of the ruins rotates and emitts a huge beam that projected onto the left
      part of the Gate. After both ruins are activated, the Gate is now glowing. ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       *phew* Okay, all done. Now we head
       for the gate.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       ...
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Hm?
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ungh... bzzzt... malfunc... *gonk*
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Broken, eh?
       Guess it needs a good whack.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Ah! No, no, no, please don't! I'm
       better again. I was just kidding.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Good to hear it. We still need you,
       after all.
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Th-then perhaps... you could be a
       little more gentle?
       I'm not an iron mallet. I'm a crystal
       decive!
       Oh, woe! Why am I stuck with this
       madwoman? Why is she the only one
       who can make crystals!?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       ...
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       M'lady?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I was just thinking.  Why DO I have
       the power to make crystals?
       Everything began when that Crystal
       Core appeared.
       Looking at it now, its appearance
       somehow made our
       meeting... inevitable.
       Becoming immortal meant lived long
       enough to eventually find you, [X].
       And now, is my power to make
       crystals about to play a role, too?
       ...
    
    Lady Ghost :
    
       Er, m'lady?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Let's go. We'll have all the answers
       soon enough.
    
    
    <><><> Gate (9) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT09]
    
    
    [ After activating both ruins and power the Gate - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon entering the area, a scene begins... Sherlotta is in front of the Gate
      holding the staff ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Stand back a bit, okay?
       This...
       This is my job!
    
    [ She then summons many crystals around her... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Right...
       Time for fireworks!
    
    [ She place the staff on the small object on the ground, and the crystals
      around her are somewhat absorbed into the staff device. Moments later,
      the staff fires beam to the center of the Gate. Then, a long bridge magically
      appears that span from the Gate to the Tower... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       *pant pant*
       I tell you kid, they sure didn't
       want to make this easy on us.
    
    [ And the scene ends ]
    
    
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Ah, well done, well done!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yeah, good work.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Oh, no. I am delighted to be of
     |    service. For a tool, being useful is
     |    the ultimate reward.
     |    Now that the crystals are so scarce,
     |    I am like your personal servant,
     |    m'lady. A servant for life!
     |    Shall we move on then, m'lady?
     |    Tally-ho, off we go!
     |    Er...
     |    M-m'lady! Aren't you forgetting
     |    something?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...?
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    Hello? Haven't we forgotten
     |    something VERY IMPORTANT?
     |    I'll give you a hint: I'm still stuck in
     |    this rock.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yes, I can see that.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    There's no portability without
     |    extraction, you see.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Of course. What is your point,
     |    exactly?
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Um, you need to pull me out again so
     |    you can bring me with you, yes?
     |    You KNOW we make a great team. I
     |    can handle all the crystals you need!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Naw, I don't need you anymore.
     |    I don't see why I should lug you all
     |    over the places just for old times'
     |    sake.
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    B-but!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Look, it's not like you're hidden in a
     |    graveyard or anything. Someone will
     |    find you eventually.
     |    Maybe they'll take a fancy to you and
     |    use you as a coat rack or lamp stand.
     |    Take care. Hope you find a new owner
     |    soon!
     |
     | {Lady Ghost} :
     |
     |    NoooOOOOOOOOO!
    
    
    {Lady Ghost} :
    
     * Is this it? Is this what my life has
       come to?
    
    
    [ After going through the bridge and reach the final part - MANDATORY ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  Death Machine <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    <><><> Town (12) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW12]
    
    
    [ After summoning the bridge to the Tower ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Wow, that was some quality sleep. I
     |    feel so refreshed and healthy!
     |    Hmm...?
     |    Can it be...?
     |    It IS!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ... *sigh*
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Found yooou!
     |    Looking lovely, as usual. You're not
     |    leaving my sight today, my sweet
     |    darling!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Can't you get a hobby or something?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, come on, darling! At least tell
     |    me your name.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hmm, if I knew this was going to
     |    happen, I wouldn't have left "you
     |    know who" behind...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Ah, still got that cold glint in your
     |    eye. Oooh, I love it!
     |    Come on, just one date!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I'm afraid not. We have things to do.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Great. Tomorrow it is, then.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Weren't you listening...?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Let's meet at, er, the gate! It's
     |    perfect. No one goes there anymore.
     |    We can gaze at the tower together.
     |    But don't bring your friends. Just you
     |    and me, okay?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    The gate?
     |    ......
     |    Hm, all right, I accept.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    What, really? REALLY!? Woohoo! Oh
     |    yeah, I KNEW the bold approach would
     |    work!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    There should be a strange staff in
     |    front of the gate. Hug that staff
     |    while you wait for me.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Say what...?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    That's the condition. If you refuse,
     |    then the deal is off.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Okay, okay. So tomorrow, you want
     |    me to wait in front of the gate
     |    hugging the staff, right?
     |    I'll do it! I'll embrace that staff as
     |    if I were embracing you!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Good. See you then.
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     | *  Until the morrow, my love!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     | *  And do NOT forget about the staff.
     |    Make sure you are holding it nice and
     |    tight, okay?
    
    
     | {Dog} :
     |
     | *  *whimper*
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Gah, I can't stand whining! Stop
     |    making those pathetic noises!
     |
     | {Dog} :
     |
     |    Woof?
    
    
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    What are you mumbling about now?
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Oh, nothing.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Are you SULKING? Good grief, how
     |    old are you?
     |
     | {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    If you're here to shop, then shop.
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     |    Bye.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
    
     * If you're going to buy something, then
       just buy it.
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Bye.
    
    
     | {Cat} :
     |
     | *  Meow.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Yeah, we all have our crosses to
     |    bear...
     |
     | {Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow!
    
    
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Welcome to Custom Fabrications!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
     |
     |    Oh. That sounded serious.
     |
     |    [ After buying ]
     |
     |    Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
    
     * Hello. Welcome to Custom
       Fabrications!
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Guess this is as good a place as
     |    any...
     |    Hm...?
     |    Oh, it's you.
     |    He was just standing frozen in the
     |    middle of the square, so I carried him
     |    up here.
     |    He's not in anyone's way, so he can
     |    stay immobile for as long as he likes.
     |    I know how he feels, believe me. He
     |    just needs some down time.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Good for him.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 2} :
    
     * I've had my share of experiences.
       Believe me, I understand how he
       feels. leave him be, for now.
    
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    [ In right part of Town you can meet a new mercenary near the Scratch Card
      stall, see [MC05] for the script ]
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Ma...
     |    Fffhhh...
     |    Fffhhh... Shhh...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Go for it!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Mummy, I'm hungry.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Be brave! Go on, talk to your child!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes I will!
     |    All right, what would you like Mummy
     |    to make for you?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Er... maybe...
     |    Could I have some sardines, or some
     |    aged cheese? Olives would be nice...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Warning! Too uncute! Minus two
     |    points!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...Drat!
     |    I like everything that you make,
     |    Mummy!
     |    Oh, but pancakes! I like your
     |    pancakes the most! Can you make
     |    pancakes?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Hm.
     |    Very well. You passed.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Oh...
     |    H... hooray!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Ahhhhhh! This is great, great,
     |    GREAT! Thank you so much!
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    It's very easy to regress, so you must
     |    train diligently every day.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Yes, coach. I shall endeavor not to
     |    disappoint.
     |    Er...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Oh, you little scamp!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Hehe...
     |
     | {Clavat Lady} :
     |
     |    Mission accomplished! Ahahaha!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ......Ew. There are so many things
     |    wrong with this pair, I don't know
     |    where to start.
     |    Let's get out of here. We seriously
     |    have better things to do.
    
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
     * Wahahaha!
    
    
    {Lilty Kid} :
    
     * Hehehehehehe...
    
    
    {Lilty Mother} :
    
     * Hahahahaha!
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
    
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Hello, and welcome!
     |    Hey, that wasn't half bad!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hm? You're the new clerk here?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello!
     |    Well, you've seen how these two are.
     |    I thought I would fill in for a while.
     |    Neither of them looked like they'd
     |    return to normal, so we asked the
     |    doctor's advice.
     |    He said that they should still lead as
     |    normal a life as possible. So I placed
     |    them here.
     |    If you could talk to them once in a
     |    while, that would be nice.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Sure. It's very good of you to look
     |    after them like this, without anyone
     |    asking.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Well, you know what they say about
     |    friends in need. I do what I can.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Very commendable. I don't see that
     |    kind of attitude very often these
     |    days.
     |    The world would be a better place if
     |    there were more people like you in
     |    it.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    *giggle* Flattery won't get you
     |    anything... except a free juice,
     |    perhaps.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Thanks! I'm actually feeling kind of
     |    thirsty...
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Okay, one juice, coming up!
     |    Hm. How about this green slimy
     |    liquid?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    I don't need anything extravagant.
     |    Water would be fine.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    You know, it's so nice to have
     |    someone like you to talk to! Here you
     |    go.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Milk, eh?
     |    Goodie. I love milk.
     |    ......
     |    Mm-mmm.
     |    Thanks for the drink!
     |    Guess we'll be on our way, then.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Okay. Come back again soon.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Sure.
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * You are SUCH a nice girl. Do come
       back again!
    
    
    [ After talking to the Lilty ]
    
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    So, talk to them, she said. Hm. How
     |    about...
     |    ......
     |    Come little girl, come with me to the
     |    forest!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    ...!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Ah-ha! Did you see that? I got a
     |    reaction! I love helping people, don't
     |    you?
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * ...
    
    
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    So, talk to them, she said. Hm. How
     |    about...
     |    Leave it... Leave it...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    ...!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Ah-ha! Did you see that? I got a
     |    reaction! Guess I've done my good
     |    deed for the day.
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * Huh-huh. The sky is so blue again
       today... Hm? Say what?
       We can go across to the tower now?
       ......
       That's nice, huh-huh...
       Okay, okay, I got it. I'll go to the
       tower... eventually.
       I'm a little busy right now, 'kay?
    
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ffffffshhhhhhhh...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Oh no, not you, too! It's happening
     |    everywhere.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    No, relax. I was just looking
     |    something up and I got tired, so I'm
     |    taking a break.
     |    *sigh* Seriously though, I wish
     |    fetching books from the library
     |    wasn't so exhausting.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    I guess there ARE an awful lot of
     |    monsters in there.
     |    But really, you need to get into
     |    better shape.
     |    A treasure hunter should have no
     |    problem dealing with monsters on the
     |    way to their objective.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    What are you talking about? I'm a
     |    student! Remember all the kids who
     |    came here a few years ago?
     |    Well, one of them went missing, and
     |    they ended up sending us back home.
     |    Except I stuck around here. This is
     |    the best place in the whole world to
     |    do my research.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Ah, right. That's about the time I
     |    met you, too!
     |    You mean to say you were one of
     |    those elite kids?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    I can't believe you didn't know.
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Why didn't you say something
     |    earlier? I can help, you know.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Hm, I don't think your inferior mind
     |    can understand my research...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You really need to learn to stop
     |    saying EXACTLY what you're thinking.
     |    Anyway, that's not what I meant. I
     |    can escort you through the library.
     |    The right person for the right job,
     |    right? If you get hurt, you won't be
     |    able to study your books.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Oh, stop getting all teary-eyed, it's
     |    embarassing!
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    The working man supports the
     |    intellectual elite. It's how the
     |    hierarchy works!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Uh, come again?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Oh, nothing. Shall we get going
     |    then?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Yeah, I've got your back. Move out!
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Wait, just a little more rest.
     |    Using your mind is quite tiring, you
     |    know...
     |    Well actually, you DON'T know, do
     |    you?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Why am I helping you again?
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    So what is your research about,
     |    anyway?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Certain minerals called "crystals."
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Crystals? What are they?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Don't try to understand. You'll just
     |    hurt your brain.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Can't really argue.
    
    
    {Clavat Man 1} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    {Male Lilty} :
    
     * Ahhh, the sky's so blue today...
    
    
    <><><> Village (17)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL17]
    
    
    [ After summoning the bridge to the Tower, the other villagers have *really*
      vanished, to the other world... except Eryll and Waltrill. Oooh, the music
      really fits the mood... "say goodbye" event... ]
    
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Eryll... Teacher...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Norschtalen, ye've studied long and
     |    hard, but now yer training is over.
     |    There's nothing left for me to teach
     |    ye.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Th-that's not true, Teacher! I've
     |    still got so much to learn! I can't
     |    even use magic yet!
     |    You always promised you'd teach me,
     |    but in the end you never did!
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    Oh, if ye have the talent, ye don't
     |    need to be taught magic. Ye can teach
     |    yerself easy enough.
     |    Ye've learned things that are much
     |    more valuable, things that take most
     |    people a lifetime to learn.
     |    Ye're always putting yerself down,
     |    Norsy, but ye're the cleverest girl
     |    I've ever known.
     |    Ye're at least as smart as that
     |    Larkeicus feller, for example.
     |    I've never seen anyone learn the
     |    ancient tongue as fast as ye did. And
     |    ye remember everything ye read.
     |    Ye told me ye read all the books in
     |    my library, so ye must have read my
     |    magic textbook.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    *blush* Actually, yes, I did. Sorry. I
     |    was really curious...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    And ye wrote in the answers to the
     |    problems, didn't ye?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...Oh, er, right. Well, I just wanted
     |    to practice what I learned. They
     |    were easy problems.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    What ye don't know is that I
     |    struggled with those "easy" problems
     |    for 2000 years...
     |    and I still couldn't solve them.
     |    The magic in that book contains
     |    secret techniques lost for many
     |    centuries.
     |    If ye took yer knowledge to the
     |    outside, ye'd shake the world of
     |    magic down to its foundations.
     |    Ye'd become the most famous magic
     |    user who ever lived.
     |    Norschtalen, ye can do anything that
     |    ye put yer mind to. Ye don't have to
     |    hide in this forest forever.
     |    I don't have much to give ye, but I
     |    want ye to have that book, at least.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Teacher, I-I couldn't, it's too much.
     |    I don't deserve it. Besides, what I
     |    really want...
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I know. But ye mustn't say it. It's up
     |    to ye to make my dreams come true.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    And I will, Teacher. I promise.
     |    Thank you for everything.
    
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Norsy...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    E-Eryll? Do you have to...?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Yeah. Sorry we can't go together.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    It's okay, I understand. You don't
     |    have to be sad, because I'm not!
     |    And don't you worry about me. I'm
     |    going to do enough living for the both
     |    of us!
     |    We'll always be friends. You know I'll
     |    never, ever forget you.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Thanks, Norsy.
     |    Sherlotta...
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    It's all right. You rest now. Don't
     |    worry about me.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Yeah. You're not alone anymore, are
     |    you?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    That's right. And that the most
     |    important thing, isn't it, Eryll?
     |    The time I spent with you and
     |    everyone in the village was the most
     |    precious time of my life.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    ... *sigh*
     |    You really have changed, Sherlotta.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Really? Well, I have you and [X] and
     |    everyone else to thank for that.
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    I always liked you, but I like you
     |    even better now. You're like a real
     |    mother.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    A... mother?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Hey, [X], why don't you try calling
     |    Sherlotta "Mum"?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Hey, hey, hey! Cut that out! You're
     |    going to embarrass poor [X]...
     |    And what are YOU grinning about,
     |    [X]?
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Hahaha, Sherlotta, you're funny!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Grrr...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    [X]...
     |    I remember when we all started to
     |    become happy. It was when you came
     |    to the village.
     |    You put smiles on all our faces.
     |    Thanks, [X]. I love you so much!
     |    It's almost time for me to go, but
     |    promise to look after Norsy and
     |    Sherlotta, okay?
     |    Whoops, sorry. I don't have to ask
     |    YOU that, do I? Of COURSE you'll
     |    look after them!
     |    Do you remember the things you saw
     |    when we put the Crystal Core back
     |    together?
     |    Well, you mustn't forget those
     |    things.
     |    That's Sherlotta's Crystal Core, you
     |    know.
     |
     | {Waltrill} :
     |
     |    I think...
     |
     | {Eryll} :
     |
     |    Yeah.
     |    I have to go now. You know how it is,
     |    right, [X]?
     |    ...
     |    *sigh* It was fun. I had a good time.
     |    Sherlotta, Norsy, [X]... Thanks for
     |    everything!
     |    Goodbye.
     |
     |    [ And they're vanishing too... *sob*... ]
    
    
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    She's gone.
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    Norschtalen?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Y-yeah? What?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    It's okay. You don't have to hold back
     |    anymore.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Wh-what do you mean? I'm fine.
     |    If Teacher and Eryll saw me... getting
     |    all upset about this... Well, they'd
     |    laugh wouldn't they?
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    You're a good girl, Norschtalen. But
     |    it's okay to let yourself go
     |    sometimes...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    B-but... *sob*... I'm... all right...
     |    It's just... dust in my eye...
     |    ......
     |    *sob*
     |    Waaaaaaaaaaaah!
     | *  Eryll, Teacher, pleeease, come
     |    back!!! Waaaaaaaaah!
     |    WAAAAAAAAAH!
     |
     | {Sherlotta} :
     |
     |    ...
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * [X]...
       It's time we went to that tower.
       Everything begins and ends there.
       You get yourself ready. We won't be
       coming back to the village again.
    
    
    <><><> Tower (01)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TR01]
    
    
    [ After summoning the bridge to the Tower, going to meet the final boss... ]
    
    [ Upon entering the entrance of the Tower for the first time ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Well, here we are.
       [X]...
       Everything began, and will begin,
       from the top floor of this tower.
       Everything.
       The long wait is over, and whatever
       made the crystals disappear is
       finally about to happen.
       This tower was built to stop it...
       but WE'RE here to make sure that
       everything happens as it should.
       [X], this is it.
       The end of everything... and the
       beginning.
       ...
       [X]...
       I have to warn you...
       ...
       When we reach the top, you're going
       to learn the whole truth, at last.
       And I'm going to ask you to do
       something for me.
       A very simple thing.
       Really, just about the simplest thing
       in the world.
       Shall we? There's only one way to go
       from here...
       and that's up.
    
    [ A brief scene showing the sky-scrapper Tower... ]
    
    
    [ Upon reaching the topmost, and final floor... there is a girl sitting in
      a chair far ahead in a huge room, and Sherlotta is walking towards her ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Yes, it's me.
       The real me, blind and deaf.
       I'm just an empty shell,
       a puppet without strings.
    
    [ Scene now showing around the girl, who apparently is the real Sherlotta ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       After he captured me, he began to use me as
       a guinea pig in his immortality experiments.
       By the time he finally succeeded,
       I couldn't act on my own any more.
       All I could do was create crystals
       for him, at his command.
    
    [ Shifts to flashback of the forest in the past, before the Crystal Core
       appearance, Sherlotta is seen walking together with Eryll holding a black
       cat.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       But in that village...
       I wasn't the only one...
    
    [ A bright flash occurs ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       the crystal core made immortal.
    
    [ The view zoomed on the black cat ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Even though it meant living in this cat's body,
       I was able to connect to the outside world.
       maybe this kept me sane.
    
    [ Now the black cat is seen walking alone in the forest ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       But still...
       I had lost all hope.
       I was just killing time, endless time.
    
    [ Scene showing Sherlotta who met the baby in the forest ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Until, that is, I found you in the forest...
       That changed everything.
    
    [ Sherlotta is holding up the baby ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I remember wondering, why? Why is this
       baby making me shake so much?
       I remember feeling this incredible... longing.
    
    [ View is now inside one of the house in the village, with the moon seen outside
      the window ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I think that because I was immortal, I had
       forgotten just how precious life is.
    
    [ Sherlotta is hugging the baby in the bed ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       But you reminded me.
       I vowed then and there to give
       everything I had to protect you.
       I loved your tiny heartbeat.
       I loved how warm you felt in my arms.
       I loved when you laughed.
       When I thought about how one day...
    
    [ Sherlotta is walking outside with the baby ]
    
       you would stand on your own two feet,
       my heart leapt with joy.
       You taught me to hope...
       and that's when I began to see the villagers.
       That's right. They'd been
       beside me all along.
       I was not alone. You saved me.
    
    [ The villagers is seen all in front of Sherlotta, looking all transparent... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       You led me from that eternal
       darkness into the light.
       You gave me everything I now have.
    
    [ Scene back to present time ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       You are my whole world,
       and without you I'm nothing...
       I would do anything, anything at all,
       if it meant saving you.
    
    [ The view zoomed in on the real Sherlotta ]
    
       That's why...
       That's why, I want you to kill me.
       Without me, there can be no more crystals.
       And without crystals, he cannot resurrect himself.
       Please..
    
    ??? :
    
       I'm afraid I can't allow that.
    
    [ Larkeicus is entering the room ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       The time is almost here.
       If I am to stop vhat is going to
       happen, I must have crystals.
       Of course, once it's over
       you can do as you please.
       In fact, I'll kill you myself, as a special favor.
       I suspected you vere the
       cause and origin all along.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       You don't understand a thing, Larkeicus.
       The crystals are the hopes of the living...
       and life is all about wishing
       the best for those we love.
       When corruption rules the world,
       the crystals disappear.
       There's nothing you or anyone
       else can do to change that.
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Wrong!
       Mumbo-jumbo idiocy.
       Their disappearance vas a purely
       scientific phenomena...
       triggered by an event in the future.
       An event that is due to occur very soon...
       except, this time, I vill not allow it.
       Ja, I vill prevent it, and the
       vorld vill be transformed.
       It vill be as if the tragedy never happened.
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       What's done is done, Larkeicus.
       Even if you're right...
       even if the cause is here in the present,
       there's nothing you can do about it.
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Bah, I vaste my time.
       You are ignorant. Science does not lie.
       Two thousand years...
       Two thousand years I have
       vaited and prepared.
       According to my calculations, the event
       vill take place far above the ground.
       So I built this tower to reach that point.
       I have calculated countless
       scenarios and permutations.
       I have an answer for all of them.
       My preparations are absolute.
       And now, the time is here.
       I have no doubt now that you yourselves
       are the ultimate trigger.
       The proof is self-evident. You are here,
       at this place, at this moment.
       I told you that next time ve met, I vould
       eliminate you as the cause of everything.
    
    [ Strange marks appears on his face, and his hand is somewhat transformed... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       YOU must be eradicated!
    
    [ Runes glow on the floor and three monsters arise ]
    
       Only then vill the cycle of
       cause and effect be broken.
       The glory of the ancient civilization vill return!
       I shall rule supreme!
    
    [ And the final battle commences ! Uhm, just the first phase though... ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   Larkeicus 2  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    [ After the battle... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Hahaha...
       You are strong.
       But remember, I told you I vas
       ready for every possible outcome.
       My preparations vere absolute.
    
    [ He throws his hat away, and he looks really scary now... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Now let the real game begin!
    
    [ He points to Sherlotta ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Ah... urgh. Unnngh...
    
    [ Crsytals are emerging around Sherlotta from nowhere, and absorbed into
       Larkeicus transformed hand. Some kind of flame engulfs his body now. ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       I vill eradicate the true cause...
       once and for all!
    
    [ The room is changing into weird landscape, and Larkeicus is transformed
      totally into his final form ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Vere it not for you,
       the civilization vould still stand!
       You are the primary cause of everything!
       You cannot beat me.
       I have lived 2000 years!
    
    [ Aaaaaaand... the final showdown! Yay! ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>   BOSS BATTLE  <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><>  Neo Larkeicus <><><>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    
    <><><> Ending <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [END]
    
    
    [ After the final battle... vapour rises from Larkeicus' body ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Clearly, this one had a good teacher.
       Unfortunately, the lessons vere in vain.
       As long crystals still exist, I cannot die!
    
    [ Sherlotta is get up and running towards him... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Oh yeah!?
    
    [ ... but Larkeicus seize her in the head using his arm ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Aaargh!
       Ungh!
    
    [ Larkeicus then just throws her away ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Yaaargh!
       And as long as I have THIS, I have
       all the crystals I'll ever need.
       That's vhy I made you this vay, after all.
    
    [ He points to the real Sherlotta, and again crystals were summoned around her,
      and absorbed into his arm. Meanwhile, the cat-Sherlotta is somewhat returning
      to her real form, a black cat... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       I never imagined you vere creeping around
       the vorld in that creature's body.
       Vhat's wrong? Losing your grip?
    
    [ After the usual laughing-in-sinister-way, he turns to the main character ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Don't vorry. Your turn is coming soon.
    
    [ But suddenly, the real Sherlotta appears behind him, and seize him... ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I don't think so.
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Vhat th-?
       Y-you!? B-but, how?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       That child means the world to me.
       I will do anything for that
       child, anything at all!
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Vhat foolishness!
       You're just a tool to generate
       crystals. Nothing more!
       Let go of me. It is almost time!
    
    [ Larkeicus is struggling to be released (lol) ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       A tool? Very well. I'll do as you want.
    
    [ Something is glowing on the floor in front of them ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       A crystal!?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Yes. The crystal that appeared in the forest.
       The world's last remaining Crystal Core.
    
    [ The Crystal Core appears before them ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       But v-vhy!? Vhy did you bring it here?
    
    [ Again vapour rises from Larkeicus' body, and scene shifts to the forest when
      the Crystal Core first appears there ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I understand everything now.
       I understand why it appeared that day...
       why I was the only one
       who absorbed its power...
       and why this was the only crystal
       that denied your will.
    
    [ Scene back to present time ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I realized that... I must have made it.
    
    [ She then releases Larkeicus, who falls down to his knee, apparently shocked ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       N-nooo!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I poured my whole soul into it.
       Everything that I am.
    
    [ She then walks towards the main character, leaving Larkeicus who still moaning
      "Nooooo... nooo..." behind... lol ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Now. This is your real
       coming-of-age ceremony.
       Shatter the crystal for me.
       Show me that you now stand
       on your own two feet.
    
    [ Scene ends, and this is the "simplest thing in the world" that Sherlotta asked
      at the Tower entrance, that you must destroy the Crystal Core. However, before
      doing it, you can say some words to Sherlotta, or just say goodbye to your
      'friend', the poor Larkeicus who still can't believe it... ]
    
    
    {Sherlotta} :
    
     * Now, show me how strong you've
       become.
       Show me that you can stand on your
       own two feet, no matter who tries to
       stop you.
       Events must unfold as they should.
       You have to do this. For yourself,
       and for your future.
    
    
    {Black Cat} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    {Larkeicus} :
    
     * NOOOOOO!
       If you smash the crystal, it vill
       destroy us all!
       Everything will be sucked into its
       maw, and nothing vill survive.
       The great rift in vhich this tower
       stands was created by that
       cataclysm.
       Do you dare to destroy your present,
       as vell as the glorious civilization
       of the past!?
       I vill not allow it!
    
    
    [ And after shattering the Crystal Core... ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Nooo...
       N-noooooo...!
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       Your theory was correct.
       The catastrophe of the past was triggered
       by events in the here and now.
       But didn't you wonder why?
       So high off the ground?
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       But... no! Y-you mean...
       This... this tower?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       If you hadn't built it, what could have
       possibly happened, all the way up here?
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       No, it cannot be!
       Everything I've done... vas in vain?
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       The present is built on the past.
       What has already been
       cannot be undone or redone.
       What happened here, had to happen.
       In the end, your own efforts to save the crystals
       were the cause of their disappearance.
       There's nothing left for you to do now.
       It's time we returned to our own age.
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       N-no, this cannot be.
       I cannot be the cause!
       I vorked for two thousand years!
       All for nothing!?
    
    [ The Crystal Core is shining ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       I...
       N-nooo...
       Pleeeaaase!
       AAAAAAAAARGH...!
    
    [ And he turns into vapour, and gone like sands blow by the wind... afterwards,
      the compas-like tool that used by him is dropped on the floor ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       It's been a long, hard journey for you.
       But there's nothing to fear anymore.
       Everything has happened as it had to.
       Don't look so down.
       Hey, do I look sad to you?
    
    [ View showing some flashback scenes of the past ]
    
    Sherlotta :
    
       I've lived a long, long time.
       I only knew you for a tiny
       fraction of that life...
       but I wouldn't have given
       it up for the world.
       Goodbye...
       and thank you.
    
    [ The compas-like tool is ticking, and outside, golden light is seen
      emitting from the tower top and slowly engulfing and turning the whole tower
      into dust from top to bottom, also the bridge... ]
    
    
    <><><> Village (18)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL18]
    
    
    [ Afterwards, the view showing the landscape from afar where Ice and Fire
      Mountain can bee seen, this time minus the Tower. The sun rises in the
      middle of them, and view now set on the village. ]
    
    Norschtalen :
    
       Good morning, [X].
       You slept in again, huh? You should
       be careful not to make a habit of
       that!
       Anyway. How about some breakfast?
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       Ah, hello [X].
       Are you okay? You look like you're a
       thousand miles away.
       Are you going to the pond again
       today?
       Whenever you go there, you always
       come back looking glum.
       If something's bugging you, maybe you
       can talk to me about it? You know,
       get it off your chest?
    
       ...
       I understand, I really do.
       But it's something you have to work
       out on your own.
       I will say one thing, though.
       Never forget what Sherlotta and the
       people of the village entrusted you
       with.
       They were happy because YOU were
       happy, [X].
       And they'll always be behind you, no
       matter where you go or what you do.
       You have to be positive, look to the
       future, and build your own life.
       That's what everyone wanted for you.
       Including me.
       It's okay. I'll always be here.
       So take your time, and think about
       what I said.
    
     * Take your time and think about what
       I said, okay?
    
    
    <><><> Forest (9)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [FR09]
    
    
    [ After the game ending, before you can go out to the World Map - MANDATORY ]
    
    [ Upon reaching the forest pond, the main character will take out the crystal
      shard that once given by Sherlotta and throw it to the pond and leave.
      Afterwards, lights is seen dancing around and... credit roll time! Enjoy! ]
    
    
      " The End "
    
    
    <><><> Village (19)  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [VL19]
    
    
    [ After "The End" scene... that is after throwing the crystal shard to the pond
      in the forest after the ending ]
    
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    How is it, Sherlotta? Taste good?
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Welcome back, [X].
     |    Look. Sherlotta's come home. I wonder
     |    where she's been.
     |    ...
     |    Why are you looking at me like that?
     |    I don't mean OUR Sherlotta, silly!
     |    It's Sherlotta the cat. Eryll used to
     |    look after her.
     |    Eryll loved Sherlotta so much...
     |    she called ALL her pets and toys
     |    "Sherlotta."
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Yes, yes. I know. You're special.
     |    So, when I say Sherlotta, I mean
     |    Eryll's cat, Sherlotta. See?
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Oh, now what? You are SO chatty
     |    today!
    
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Doesn't she remind you a little bit of
     |    the real Sherlotta?
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     | *  *purr* Meow...
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Hehe. She really likes you, [X].
     |    Look. Doesn't her tail look just the
     |    same...?
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Hssssss!
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    Whoopsy! See? She's got Sherlotta's
     |    personality and everything!
     |    ... *sigh* It makes me a bit sad,
     |    having her as a reminder all the
     |    time...
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow?
     |
     | {Norschtalen} :
     |
     |    It's okay. I'm sorry for playing with
     |    your tail.
     |
     | {Black Cat} :
     |
     |    Meow.
    
    
    {Norschtalen} :
    
       I've been meaning to say, [X]. You
       seem to have changed, somehow.
       It's as if you've found peace or
       something. You're like the old [X] we
       used to know.
       ... I guess everyone in the village is
       at peace now.
       So, what's next for you? Are you
       going on a new adventure?
       ... I see.
       I'm sure you'll be success, no
       matter what you do. Remember, I'll
       always be cheering you on.
       Me?
       Oh, I don't know.
       I was thinking I'd stay right here.
       It's like Teacher said. You can study
       magic just about anywhere.
       All of Teacher's materials and books
       are here. I'm used to things in the
       village.
       I'm going to follow in his footsteps
       and fulfill his dreams.
       When I first came to this forest, I
       was trying to run away from my past.
       Anywhere was better than where I
       was.
       But now the forest is home, and I
       want to stay here.
    
       And don't forget, [X], you'll always
       have a home here, too.
       Whenever you get tired of traveling
       and adventuring, you come back,
       okay? I'll be waiting.
       I won't say goodbye, [X]. We'll be
       seeing each other again soon enough!
    
     * See you later, [X]!
    
    
    <><><> Town (13) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW13]
    
    
    [ After the ending, if you DIDN'T summon the bridge/tower again by talking to
      the lady ghost-in-staff at the Gate ]
    
    [ First / front part of Town ]
    
    {Clavat Man 2} [ Now in charge if the equipment shop ] :
    
       Oh, hello there. The previous clerk
       quit for some reason, so I'm the
       replacement.
       Nice to meet ya. So, er, yeah...
     * We've got good stuff. Take a look!
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * See ya around!
    
    
    {Cat} :
    
     * Meow.
    
    
    {Custom Fabrication Shopkeeper} :
    
     * Hello. Welcome to Custom
       Fabrications.
    
       [ After buying ]
    
     * Thank you. Come again soon!
    
    
    {Equipment Shopkeeper} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    {Dog} :
    
     * Woof! Woof! Hahaha!
    
    
    {Male Yuke} :
    
     * ...
    
    
    [ If you talk to the rightmost Yuke you'll get script such as in [MC06] ]
    
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
       Oh, hello! I haven't seen you in a
       while. Were you sick or something?
       Don't be too shocked, but take a look
       over there. The tower suddenly
       vanished!
       The sky just filled with blinding
       light, and after it faded, the tower
       was gone!
       It went away as suddenly as it
       appeared.
       *sigh* I got used to seeing it every
       day. Now that it's gone, this place
       seems so empty.
       There one day, gone the next. What a
       capricious tower!
       Ughhh. It's really starting to bother
       me! What WAS it all about?
    
     * What was the tower for, in the end?
    
    
    [ If you talk to the chef you'll get script in [QS04] ]
    
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Ma......
     |    Fffhhh...
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Don't be afraid, you can do it!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    But... the tower's gone.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Bah! Details, details. Now, just
     |    concentrate!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Nooo! Iwannago Iwannago Iwannago
     |    SEE!
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    I said no! Who knows what that thing
     |    is? It could be dangerous.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    You never let me do anything.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    You know what happens to naughty
     |    children, don't you?
     |    The wicked witch of the forest
     |    comes and takes them away!
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Was she REALLY a forest witch?
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    Of course not. The witch legend is
     |    just an old morality tale.
     |    Nobody can really live that long.
     |    I imagine she told you that to make
     |    you behave properly.
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     |    Yeah, she was nice. I want to be like
     |    her when I grow up.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     |    ......
     |    Oh, I don't think so! That would NOT
     |    be good at all.
     |    I mean, what a woman!
     |    Walking around scaring children half
     |    to death like that...
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  But Mummy, that lady just like
     |    you.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Huh? What do you...
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
    
    
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    W.E.L.C.O.M.E.
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    *sigh* How long are they going to
     |    stay like this?
     |    The doctor said they'll return to
     |    normal soon, but I'm getting worr-
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Nghhh...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Uhhh... What...?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Ooo-ooo-oooh! They're waking up!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Where... huh...? What am I doing
     |    here...?
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    I remember...
     |    ......
     |    Actually, I remember nothing.
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Me too. It's like... there's a big hole
     |    in my memories... just gone missing.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    What happened? Did we hit our
     |    heads?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Thank goodness you're both all right!
     |    You were unconscious for so long!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Unconscious? I wish I could remember
     |    something.
     |    I do feel kind of stiff...
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    *cough cough* Boy, I'm PARCHED! Can
     |    someone get me something to drink?
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Of course! Just a moment.
     |    Now, what should I serve them?
     |    Something healthy...
     |    Here you go!
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    Oh, thanks! *glug glug*
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    Yes, thanks a million! *glug glug*
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    You shouldn't drink so fast! It's bad
     |    for your tummy.
     |
     | {Male Selkie} :
     |
     |    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
     |
     | {Female Yuke} :
     |
     |    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!
     |
     | {Female Lilty} :
     |
     |    Aaaaaa!
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * Urghhh...
    
    
    {Female Yuke} :
    
     * ......
       That juice has a serious kick.
    
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * NOW what's wrong?
    
    
    {Selkie Girl} :
    
     * Huh-huh.
       Oh, it's you.
       Huh? The tower disappeared?
       ......
       Isn't that nice.
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Doesn't look like it will appear
     |    today, either. Is it gone for good?
     |    Boy, what an inconvenient tower.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Seriously.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Too bad no one managed to make it
     |    over there. I wonder what happened.
     |    Speaking of which, I heard that the
     |    state investigation unit arrived...
     |    but there's nothing left for them to
     |    investigate.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    You don't seem to care much anymore.
     |    When it first appeared you were so
     |    excited about it.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You're not exactly jumping up and
     |    down.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    No, I'm still interested. It's just
     |    that I can't figure out what it was
     |    all about.
     |    How did something so HUGE just
     |    appear and disappear like that?
     |    It shouldn't be possible, even if you
     |    do believe in ghosts and aliens and
     |    stuff. Right?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    I dunno. But I do think that if
     |    something suddenly appears, then
     |    suddenly disappears...
     |    it's bound to appear again.
     |    But if there's no way to get to it,
     |    what does it matter?
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Still, you just wait and see. It WILL
     |    appear again.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    Why do you think so?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    My gut tells me.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     |    ...
    
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  Your gut is not exactly the most
     |    trustworthy source.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Just wait and see.
    
    
    <><><> Gate (10) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [GT10]
    
    
    [ After the ending scene ]
    
    
    {Male Selkie} :
    
     * *blubber gurgle*
    
    
    {Lady Ghost} :
    
       Eeew!
       Eeek!
       AAARRRGH!
       Oh, oh, [X]! Thank goodness you're
       here.
       Please, you must help me. This
       bizzare man latched on to me and
       wouldn't let go.
       He just walked right up and started
       hugging me!
       Stuck here in the ground, I was
       helpless to resist.
       *shiver* It really has been a most
       awful day.
       I feel like I've been violated-a
       violation of my personal space! I
       WILL HAVE JUSTICE!
       *pant pant*
       I'm sorry, I got a little carried away
       there...
       So, how are you, [X]? I don't see
       m'lady with you today...
       Oh, did I say something wrong?
       I don't know what happened, but I'm
       sure it can't have been that bad.
       Is there anything I can do to help?
    
       # Show me the tower again. #
    
       You wish to see it again?
       Well, yes. We can do that.
       Oh, don't act so surprised. You must
       realize by now...
       that you are imbued with the power
       of the crystal. As much as m'lady
       ever was.
       You don't have to actually produce
       crystals. Just place your hand on me.
       Oh, don't be shy. I trust you, [X].
       Come on!
       ......
       ...Oooh, that tickles!
       So, shall we? I'll do the abridged
       version to save time.
    
       [ Then there's the scene like when the bridge is first summoned ]
    
       Ta-dah!
       I'm SO useful, don't you agree?
       Surely you MUST agree?
    
       Was that fun? Do you feel a little
       better?
    
       # Do a trick. #
    
       A trick? Well, how about...
       HIYAAA!!!
       I am the Spirit of the Holy Staff.
       May the world be at peace...
       *pant pant* Wh-what do you think?
       Exciting, eh?
       That face isn't easy to make, you
       know.
    
       [ If you talk to her the second time and so on ]
    
     * Yes, how can I be of service?
    
       # Show me the tower again. # [ If you haven't ask it in the first talk ]
    
       [ Same as before ]
    
       # Make the tower go away. # [ If you asked to summon it before ]
    
       I can't.
    
       # Do a trick. #
    
     * I am the Spirit of the Holy Staff.
       May the world be at peace...
       *pant pant* So difficult... to lie to
       yourself.
    
    
    <><><> Town (14) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TW14]
    
    
    [ After the ending, if you summoned the bridge/tower again by talking to the
      lady ghost at the Gate entrance - all others conversations that are not
      mentioned here means that it still the same with the one in Town (13) ]
    
    [ Second / main part (plaza) of Town ]
    
    {Clavat Lady} :
    
       Aaaaaarg! There it is again!
       What is going on? Why does it keep
       doing that? It's just so random!
       ...... *sigh*
       Oh, I don't care anymore. My heart
       can't stand the strain of being
       surprised all the time.
       I think I'm starting to understand the
       attitude of the people in this town.
       What's the point of getting worked up
       over things like this? I mean, it's
       part of the routine, isn't it?
       ......
       A very bizzare routine, but...
    
       Oh, hello. All kinds of things have
       been going on around here. Seems like
       everyone's going crazy.
       But I guess that's just the kind of
       place this is. I'd better get used to it.
       ......
       And so begins my descent into
       madness.
       When in Rome, right?
       By the way, where is that girl you're
       always hanging out with? I don't see
       her today.
       Oh, why the long face?
       Look, I don't know what happened, but
       try not to let it get you down.
       You're a part of this town now.
       There'll always be people ready to
       help you.
       So don't go around thinking that
       you're all alone.
       ...
       Although, there aren't many people
       around today.
       Maybe they went to see the tower
       again?
    
     * Don't be a stranger, you hear?
    
    
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  Oooh, the tower just reappeared.
     |
     | {Lilty Mother} :
     |
     | *  Never mind that. Now, let's continue
     |    from where we left off, shall we?
     |
     | {Lilty Kid} :
     |
     | *  You've become strong, Mother...
    
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  See? I told you.
     |
     | {Male Lilty} :
     |
     | *  It DID come back again! How did you
     |    guess!?
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> MISCELLANEOUS SCRIPT <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [MSC] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    Okay, those scripts such as tutorials and others will go here. At first I'd like
    to include them in the main Game Script, but then I think it is better to
    seperate them so that the story plot or game progress could be enjoyed in more
    focus.
    
    For this moment, this section may not be completed yet, especially for the
    Mercenaries' speech. Most of them are 'sold' at a 'high price', so it's quite
    difficult to meet them, not to mention to recruit them. And for the Quest
    speech, you must also complete them. These are somewhat like completing not only
    100% of the game, but 120% of it... @_@ However, the tutorials should all have
    been completed.
    
    Anyway, happy reading!
    
    
    <><> TUTORIALS <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TT01]
    
    [ Combat tutorials, by Moogle, at Forest (1) at the entrance ]
    
    Moogle :
    
       I've been waiting, kupo!
    
       [ A Moogle come ]
    
       Sherlotta told me I had to teach you
       about the Basics of Battle, kupo.
    
       # So tell me. #
    
       Very well. Then listen to me, kupo!
       Take a look at the battle screen.
       On the bottom left of the top screen
       you can see your characters' HP and
       MP.
       HP stands for "Hit Points." When
       these reach zero, that character
       can't fight anymore, kupo.
       MP stands for "Magic Points." You
       need magic points to cast spells,
       kupo.
       Clear so far? Now, let's look at the
       battle controls, kupo.
       You attack with (A) and jump with
       (B). Use (Y) to pick up items.
       You can attack when you're in
       mid-air, kupo.
       Simple, kupo? Let's see what else
       you can do.
       You can press (Y) to pick up a
       monster.
       Then you can press (A) to attack
       the monster you're holding.
       Turn to face a wall or tree and
       press (A) to slam the beastie against
       it, kupo.
       Monsters that get body-slammed like
       that sometimes drop items. It's
       cheaper than the shop, kupo!
       If you climb on top of a monster, you
       can attack it with (A).
       For flying monsters, you can jump
       into the air to grab them, and then
       attack by pressing (A).
       It's easy!
       Now practice what you just learned
       with the monsters here.
    
       [ The Moogle leaves ]
    
       # I'm fine. #
    
       Ku-PO!
    
       [ The Moogle leaves ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TT02]
    
    [ Shops tutorials at Town ]
    
    %%% NPC %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    Storage Shopkeeper : The Lilty who run the Storage
    Guild Keeper : The Selkie in charge of the Adventurers' Guild
    Scratch Card Shopkeeper : The Moogle dealing with scratch cards
    Quest Keeper : The Moogle where you can play Quests (looks like Stiltzkin in
                   Ring of Fates)
    
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    
    {Storage Shopkeeper} :
    
       Welcome to Ye Olde Storage Shoppe.
       We provide total asset management
       solutions for adventurers.
       Are your hands full of armor,
       weapons, and other items? Then just
       leave it all with us!
       We look after your baggage so you
       can look after yourself.
       The service is provided free of
       charge by the town. It won't cost you
       a gil!
       Of COURSE your goods are safe with
       us. We'll never lose, sell, or give
       away your precious belongings.
       ...
       Honest. You get everything back just
       as you left it.
    
     * Welcome to Ye Olde Storage Shoppe.
       Are you depositing or withdrawing?
    
       [ After storing ]
    
     * Please come again!
    
    
    {Guild Keeper} :
    
       Hey, you're new, ain't you? Welcome
       to the Adventurer's Guild.
       If you're lookin' for adventure
       companions, you've come to the right
       place.
       We can fill out your party by
       introducin' you to fellow adventurers
       to join you on your expeditions.
       But the only people we have listed
       are level one rookies. You'll have to
       train them up yourself.
       If it's expert adventurers you're
       lookin' for, then hire a mercenary or
       two.
       But good mercs are in demand, and
       they can be really picky about pay
       and conditions and stuff.
       If recruitment is a hassle, you can
       strike out on your own. It's your
       adventure-you decide.
       We can hook you up with as many new
       traveling mates as you want...
       but if your party gets too big you
       won't be able to outfit everyone
       properly.
       Smart adventurin' is all about
       balancin' resources.
       If you do travel with allies, you can
       change their AI settings on the
       Status Screen.
       When you're out in the field, bring
       the party together by pressing (L).
       It's not too hard once you get the
       hang of it. Best way to learn is to
       just try it out yourself.
       So, what can I do for you?
    
     * Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild.
       What can I do for you?
    
    
    {Moogle} (Scratch Card Shopkeeper) :
    
     * Greetings. We redeem scratch cards,
       kupo!
       If you have a winning scratch card,
       you can use the special effect
       described on the back, kupo!
    
    
    {Moogle} (Quest Keeper) :
    
       You want to try a quest? Well,
       you're talking to the right moogle.
       The guild hires me to run the quest
       side of the operation. You know,
       process applications, provide info...
       Remember, this ain't no charity. If
       You want to go questing, you got to
       have the gil.
       Of course, you get rewarded if you
       do the job right. I also handle the
       payouts.
       We're always adding more quests as
       information comes in from
       adventurers, so check back regularly.
       Questing is all about give-and-take,
       right? So if you find any good info,
       you be sure to let me know.
       Here are the quest we have right
       now...
    
     * Welcome back, adventurer. Looking
       for a quest? This is what we have
       right now...
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TT03]
    
    [ Magic tutorials, by Larkeicus, at Library (1) ]
    
    Larkeicus :
    
       Do you know how to use magic?
       If not, perhaps I can teach you. Vould
       you like that?
    
       # Yes, please! #
    
       Very vell. Let us begin vith the
       basics.
       To use magic, you must have MP.
       The amount of MP you need depends
       on your tribe and the spell you vish
       to cast.
       If you do not have enough MP, then
       you cannot cast the spell.
       You can replenish MP by taking items
       from the foes that you defeat.
       this is just for practice, so you
       have unlimited MP.
       Now take a look at the lower screen.
       On the right, you can see the magic
       panels, ja? These show the magic you
       can use.
       You select a spell to cast by
       touching the magic panel.
       From top to bottom, the spells are
       Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Cure, Raise,
       and Clear.
       Or, you can hold down (R) and press
       < + > instead. This vay you don't have
       to touch the screen.
       By the vay, you can also hold down
       (R) and press ^ + v to select an ally.
       Once you have selected the spell,
       press and hold (X) to make the target
       ring appear.
       Now hold it. Don't let go yet!
       Vhile holding down (X), you move the
       ring with +.
       As you can see, the ring is the same
       color as the spell you are going to
       cast.
       You have selected the Fire spell.
       Vhen you have placed the ring on the
       target, release (X) to cast the
       spell.
       If you vish to cast recovery spells on
       yourself, simply move the ring so it
       targets you.
       Now, vith one ring you can only cast
       one of these six spells.
       But by combining magic, you can
       unleash more powerful spells.
       You can do this together with your
       allies, or you can stack magic
       yourself.
       First, you must select a spell and
       hold down (X) to summon the target
       ring.
       Then press (L) to fix the target
       ring in place.
       Now you can summon another target
       ring and place it on the first.
       In this vay, you vill be able to cast
       even more powerful magic.
       This is called stacking magic.
       Different combinations and numbers
       of rings produce different kinds of
       spells.
       Experiment and see yourself.
       If you have fixed a target ring vith
       (L), you can press (L) again to cast
       the spell.
       A successful adventurer knows how to
       make the most of magic!
       ...
       Vell, you are an apt pupil.
       I think your efforts deserve a
       reward, ja?
       Here!
    
       [ He throws three magic orbs ]
    
       These are vhat we call orbs. Ve use
       them to raise our magic levels.
       You can find more vhen you defeat
       monsters or open treasure chests. Be
       sure to collect them all!
       Remember, vhat matters are the
       results! Now, good luck.
    
       # Magic's easy. No thanks! #
    
       It seems that I can count on you.
       I vill await you here. Come back vhen
       you have found the Buffasaur horn.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [TT04]
    
    [ Equipment tutorials, by Female Lilty at Town (5) ]
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
       All right then, listen carefully.
       Every piece of equipment has a
       "level". The more you use something,
       the higher its level becomes.
       But all regular equipment has a
       maximum level.
       No matter how much you like a
       certain sword or helmet or whatever,
       once you've maxed it out...
       you're better off upgrading to
       something new.
       Unless, of course, you customize it.
       Certain special jewels let you
       increase the maximum level of
       equipment.
       Which means you can keep using it
       long after its expiration date.
       On the other hand, if you DO want to
       upgrade to new equipment, you can
       use the old stuff to generate jewels.
       The higher the level of the
       equipment, the more jewels you'll be
       able to create.
       Of course, you have to dismantle your
       old favourites, but you can't get
       something for nothing.
       It's up to you whether you want to
       buy new equipment or keep honing
       your old gear.
       That's about all there is to tell.
       Feels good to get that off my chest!
       Let me know if you want me to
       explain it to you again.
    
     * What is it? Do you want me to
       explain it to you again?
    
       # No thanks, I know already. #
    
       Fine. Let me know if you change your
       mind.
    
       # Yes, please. #
    
       [ Back to top ]
    
    
    <><> MERCENARIES <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC01]
    
    [ Rid Dek (Male Lilty), at Town (1), requires 100 hours of gameplay ]
    
    {Rid Dek} :
    
       What do you want with me?
       You can probably tell...
       but I'm a full-fledged, hard-core
       mercenary.
       The thing is, I'm not into babysitting
       wet-nosed rookies. No offense.
       Hey, when you're as experienced as
       me, you get offers ALL the time.
       I have over one hundreds hours of play
       time!
       You're looking for fellow
       adventurers?
       Oh? You want ME to be your ally?
    
       # Be my ally! #
    
       So, how many hours have YOU played?
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
       Hm, not good enough. Look, I'm in a
       friendly mood, so I'll let you in on a
       secret.
       There is no way I'm going to be allies
       with someone who hasn't put in some
       serious time with the game yet!
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
     | Rid Dek :
     |
     |    HOLY MOLY! You've played for over
     |    one hundred hours!? Not bad at all.
     |    I guess I can help you out then. We're
     |    both veterans right?
     |
     | Guild Keeper :
     |
     |    Er, you know he...
     |
     | Rid Dek :
     |
     |    Shush! Shhhhhhhhh!
     |
     | # Er, take him on. #
     |
     | Rid Dek :
     |
     |    Yippee, yippee! Did you hear that!?
     |    They want me as an ally!
     |
     | Guild Keeper :
     |
     |    *sigh*
     |
     | Rid Dek :
     |
     |    All RIGHT! I rock!
     |
     |    ( You have a new ally. )
     |
     | Guild Keeper :
     |
     |    ...Oh well. I suppose you'll see what
     |    you've done once you add him to your
     |    party.
     |
     | # Better not. #
     |
     | Rid Dek :
     |
     |    You're gonna regret it. I know it. You
     |    are SO gonna regret not recruiting
     |    me.
     |    You listening to me? I'm giving you
     |    REALLY good advice.
    
       # See ya. #
    
       You're gonna regret it. I know it. You
       are SO gonna regret not recruiting
       me.
       You listening to me? I'm giving you
       REALLY good advice.
    
     * This could be your lucky day. Maybe I
       WILL join you.
    
       [ Go to the choices ]
    
    
    [After recruited] :
    
     | {Rid Dek} :
     |
     | *  Hey, I did it, I did it, I did it! I'm
     |    goin' adventuring! Can you believe
     |    it? Huh? Huh?
     |
     | Guild Keeper :
     |
     | *  See what you've done? He'll never
     |    shut up now.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC02]
    
    [ Elen Dok (Female Lilty), at Town (5), must be playing on Very Hard stage ]
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    More wierdos. Probably another
     |    mercenary.
     |
     | {Elen Dok} :
     |
     |    The winds are blowin', and the
     |    times... they are changing...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You talk grand but your equipment
     |    lets you down, friend.
     |
     | {Elen Dok} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    Humph, were I to wish it, you would
     |    be dead three times over, boy.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    ...
     |    I suppose I might be intimidated if I
     |    closed my eyes but...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Something doesn't add up. You're a
     |    mercenary, right? So what level are
     |    you?
     |
     | {Elen Dok} :
     |
     |    Pah! Levels, shmevels. I happen to be
     |    at 99, not that it matters.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    No way! You're maxed out?
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    Why are you hanging out here? If you
     |    want allies for an adventure, the
     |    guild...
     |
     | {Elen Dok} :
     |
     |    Allies? If I were to take someone on,
     |    they would have to be very, VERY
     |    skilled.
     |    I only trust those willing to take the
     |    ultimate challenge. Namely, Very
     |    Hard.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    That sounds cool and everything,
     |    but...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    that crummy gear doesn't exactly go
     |    with the big talk.
    
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     | *  Seems like kind of waste...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     | *  in more ways than one.
    
    
    {Elen Dok} :
    
       Have you ever heard the legend of the
       great lady Lilty mercenary from
       ancient times?
       You know how she could shatter
       mountains and cleave the skies
       asunder with one blow?
       Well, I'm better than she EVER was.
       I never, ever play on Normal or Hard.
       It's Very Hard all the way for this
       fighting Lilty!
       if you think you can handle the
       highest difficulty, then MAYBE I'll
       consider joining you.
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * Go play Very Hard, and then we'll
       talk, okay?
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       Wow, you did it, kid. Welcome to the
       elite club!
       You know, I was tough on you before,
       but I always knew you had it in you.
       It's time to join hands and take on
       the adventure together. We'll look
       every challenge in the face...
       and with bravery and conviction, we
       shall overcome it!
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * When you're ready to look every
       challenge in the face with bravery
       and conviction...
       come down to the guild. I'll be
       waiting there.
    
    
    [ If you successfully recruit Elen Dok ]
    
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    Huh, she's gone.
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    You think she found a party of
     |    adventurers to hook up with?
     |    I can't decide if she was really
     |    principled...
     |
     | {Clavat Man 2} :
     |
     |    or just boneheaded tenacious.
     |    Wouldn't it be something if after all
     |    that, she turns out to be completely
     |    useless? Ha ha ha!
     |
     | {Clavat Man 1} :
     |
     |    It scares me how likely that is.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC03]
    
    [ Del Dee (Male Selkie), at Town (8), must have 5000 gil ]
    
    {Del Dee} :
    
       Oooh, I hate being stared at. It's
       like being beautiful is a crime or
       something!
       You know what I'm talking about,
       don't you? My sharp fashion sense is
       famous all over this town.
       Yeah, yeah. You don't have to say a
       word. I know you get it. We're birds
       of a feather, you and I.
       But being the avant-garde of the
       fashion world isn't all roses and
       honey, is it?
       It's hard to make real money when
       you're so far ahead of the curve.
     * I bet YOU support the arts. Why not
       hire me? 5000 gil is my price.
    
       # Be my ally! #
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       Eh? Oooh, golly... Y-you really do
       have 5000 gil on you?
       Guess you do. It's all there.
       You've just hired yourself the best
       fashion consultant in town, friend.
       So let's hit the shops, lay down some
       serious cash, and pimp you up!
       ...
       Huh? That's not what you had in
       mind?
       No WAY am I paying back 5000 gil!
       ...Fine. I'll be your ally then. Just
       don't expect me to enjoy it.
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * I know, I know. I'll keep my end of
       the bargain. You can find me down at
       the guild... *sigh*
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * Ah, too bad. You don't have enough
       cash.
       Look, if you wanna join the beautiful
       people's club, you've gotta pay for
       the ticket.
    
       # See ya. #
    
     * All right, fine. But if you wanna join
       the beautiful people's club, you've
       gotta pay for the ticket.
       Come back if you change your mind.
    
    
    [ If you successfully recruit Del Dee ]
    
    {Female Lilty} :
    
     * That reminds me. I heard that there
       are eight mercenaries in the area at
       the moment.
       They're not always in town, so it's
       hard to say when or if you'll ever see
       them.
       I don't think it would be easy to sign
       them all up as allies, but it might be
       worth trying.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC04]
    
    [ Aline (Female Clavat), Library first section, after library (8), also unlock
      Monster Mash 2 quest ]
    
    {Aline} :
    
       You look like a strong and brave
       adventurer. I wonder, might I have a
       word?
    
       # Sure. #
    
       I hate to approach a stranger with
       such a request, but...
       the library has become infested with
       monsters, and I'm at my wit's end.
       I've tried to tell them to be quiet,
       but they absolutely refuse to listen
       to me!
       Not to mention they are ALWAYS
       running around in the hallways. They
       are quite unmanageable.
       As the library hall monitor, I cannot
       allow it.
       I want you to kick out the nasty
       monsters from the library!
       If you're willing to help, you can
       visit the Quest Shoppe for all the
       details.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * I'd be very much in your debt...
       if you could kick out the monsters
       from my library.
    
       # Later. #
    
       Oh, poop...
       Hm?
       Oh, well. Perhaps some other time?
       When you're not so busy?
    
    [ After the Quest is completed ]
    
    {Aline} :
    
       Well done...
       So, er... ahem. I was watching you in
       secret as you fought. Very exciting.
       My heart was beating so fast, I
       thought it would explode!
       I had this incredible urge... to just
       let loose and...
       ... But no. As a hall monitor, I will
       fulfill my duties and obligations with
       decorum and dignity.
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * I shall stand by you.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC05]
    
    [ Amenhart (Male Yuke), at Town (12), collect all types of Scratch Cards ]
    
     | {Amenhart} :
     |
     |    ...
     |
     | {Moogle} (Scratch Card Shopkeeper) :
     |
     |    Sounds difficult, kupo!
     |
     | {Amenhart} :
     |
     |    Oh, hello.
     |    We were just talking about my
     |    scratch card collection.
     |    I'm trying to get all the special rare
     |    cards. They're super valuable!
     |    How many cards do you have?
     |
     |    [ If the requirement is not met ]
     |
     |    ...
     |    Hm. A work in progress...
    
    
    {Amenhart} :
    
     * Let me see your card collection
       again?
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
       ...
     * Hm. A work in progress...
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       No WAY! You have ALL of them!?
       Wowsers, that is SO amazing!
       Un-freaking-believable!
       I'm in the presence of a master! That
       must have taken serious dedication.
       You have to let me be your ally!
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * That is so awesome. I've never seen
       THIS card before...
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC06]
    
    [ Uruha (Female Yuke) at Town (13), also on the World Map after you found her ]
    
    {Uruha} :
    
       Oh, you found me.
       Pretty impressive, I have to say.
       All right. I'm going to hide again. See
       if you can find me this time!
       If you do, I'll join up with you.
       Here's a hint:
       I'll be in a very spacious place.
    
     * You think I'm dumb enough to hide
       while you're looking? I'm not going
       anywhere until you're out of sight.
    
    [ After you found her on the World Map ]
    
    {Uruha} :
    
       Well done! I knew you were an
       adventurer with talent!
       Anyway, I'll be your ally, just like I
       promised.
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * We'll probably see each other in the
       guild some time. Until then!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC07]
    
    [ Gerald (Male Clavat), at the World Map, in Hard Mode only ]
    
    
    {Gerald} :
    
       Hello? I don't think we've met
       before. You come here a lot?
       I'm a mercenary, in case you can't
       tell. This is my training time. We
       mercs have got to be in tip-top
       shape!
       ...Although it take smarts as well
       as brawn to get results in this
       business.
       My goal is to defeat 1000 monsters.
       You're an adventurer, right? You
       must fight a lot of monsters.
       How many monsters have you defeated
       so far?
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       That is amazing! You got to 1000
       monsters before I did!
       You must be one special adventurer. I
       wouldn't mind being your ally, not one
       bit!
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * I drop by the guild quite a lot. See
       you there, yeah?
    
    
    [ After talking to the mercenary and reenter the World Map, a moogle will appear
      in the World Map ]
    
    {Moogle} :
    
     * Oooh...
       You've slain XXXX monsters, kupo! [ XXXX = numbers of defeated monsters ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [MC08]
    
    [ Koo El (Female Selkie), at the World Map, have 5 friends on Multiplayer ]
    
    
    [ If you are not in multiplayer mode ]
    
    {Koo El} :
    
     * Huh? You aren't playing multiplayer?
       See ya!
    
    
    [ If you are in multiplayer mode ]
    
    {Koo El} :
    
     * Are you playing multiplayer?
       Excellent!
       I hate being on my own. I MUCH
       prefer hanging out with friends!
       So? Do you have lots of friends?
       Come on, show me your friend roster!
    
       [ If you have less than 5 friends on the friend roster ]
    
     * ...
       Oh...
       You don't have so many friends...
       But that's okay. You've got LOTS of
       time to meet more people!
    
       [ If you have at least 5 friends on the friend roster ]
    
       Wow. You have a lot of friends!
       I want to be your ally, too-let me
       join you, okay?
    
       ( You have a new ally. )
    
     * You can count on me, I promise!
    
    
    <><> QUESTS <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS01]
    
    [ Clavat Man 3 (monster menu freak chef) at Town (1) - You'll unlock the
      Culinary Capers 1 ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
       Now, you look like a fine and mighty
       young adventurer.
       I, the greatest chef in the world,
       have a request. Yes, for you.
       Whatever the ingredients, I can turn
       them into something mouth-wateringly
       scrumptious.
       How? Because I am the greatest, of
       course!
       However, there is one kind of
       ingredient that I have yet to use in a
       dish.
       What is that, you ask? Why,
       monsters, of course. Monsters!
       My new culinary mission is to craft
       monstrously good meal from meaty
       morsels of monster! Mmm-MMM!
       Of course, I cannot risk injury to
       myself outside the town.
       Although I put in a request at the
       guild, the results have been most
       unsatisfying.
       So, my young friend. Will you help
       me?
       I want mus from the forst. But you
       must defeat them using only Fire
       spells.
       You cannot use weapons or other
       kinds of magic.
     * My plan is to serve the toasted
       little mus just as they are. Sounds
       delightfully delish, eh?
       You can accept my mission at the
       Quest Shoppe.
       You are my great hope!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    [ After the Quest is completed ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
     * Ah, my friend. Thank you for the
       monster ingredients. My customers
       LOVE the new menu.
       Although very few of them come back
       again. I wonder why. It can't be the
       food...
       I might need your help again, my
       friend. Thank you as always!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS02]
    
    [ Clavat Man 3 (monster menu freak chef) at Town (6) - You'll unlock the
      Culinary Capers 2 ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
       Ah, my little friend. Thank you,
       thank you!
       Thanks to you, I have served my
       customers delectable morsels of
       monster meat.
       Due to customer demand, I have added
       a new quest at the Quest Shoppe.
       So, my young friend. Will you help
       me?
       I want fire flans from the fiery
       mountains!
       But they must be slain using only
       Blizzard magic. You cannot use
       weapons or other kinds of magic.
     * A frozen fire flan would make a
       scrumptious dessert...
       Cool and crunchy on the outside,
       warm and soft on the inside!
       You can accept my mission at the
       Quest Shoppe.
       You are my great hope!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    [ After the Quest is completed ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
     * Ah, my friend. Thank you for the
       monster ingredients. My customers
       LOVE the new menu.
       Although very few of them come back
       again. I wonder why. It can't be the
       food...
       I might need your help again, my
       friend. Thank you as always!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS03]
    
    [ Clavat Man 3 (monster menu freak chef) at Town (9) - You'll unlock the
      Culinary Capers 3 ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
       Ah, my little friend. Thank you,
       thank you!
       The Fire Flan Dessert is the
       centerpiece of my new menu!
       Although, sadly, no one ever orders
       it.
       Except for one person. But when I
       brought the dish, they said they were
       "only joking."
       But never mind that.
       I still have lots of monster meal
       ideas.
       Just today, I put in another request
       down at the Quest Shoppe.
       So, my young friend. Will you help
       me?
       I want sahagin from the snowy
       mountains!
       But they must be slain using only
       Thunder spells. You cannot use
       weapons or other kinds of magic.
     * I bet zapped sahagin would be fresh
       and juicy and tickle the tongue. Don't
       you agree?
       You can accept my mission at the
       Quest Shoppe.
       You are my great hope!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    [ After the Quest is completed ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
     * Ah, my friend. Thank you for the
       monster ingredients. My customers
       LOVE the new menu.
       Although very few of them come back
       again. I wonder why. It can't be the
       food...
       I might need your help again, my
       friend. Thank you as always!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS04]
    
    [ Clavat Man 3 (monster menu freak chef) at Town (13) - You'll unlock the
      Culinary Capers 4 ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
       Thank you, thank you, my friend!
       Thanks to you, my business is
       booming. Customers are flocking to
       my restaurant!
       Although I must confess that orders
       for my special monster menu are not
       what I had hoped.
       I wonder why. The dishes are
       indubitably delicious.
       Never mind! I have yet another idea
       for a monstrous meal, one that I
       KNOW will become a hit.
       Which means I have put in another
       request at the Guild Shoppe.
       So, my young friend. Will you help
       me?
       I want electric jellyfish from the
       snowy mountain!
       But they must be slain using only
       magic. You cannot use weapons.
       I still have no idea how to serve
       them, but I'll think of something.
       I'm a genius, after all.
       You can accept my mission at the
       Quest Shoppe.
       This is my last re
    quest, and you are
       my last hope!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * I want electric jellyfish from the
       snowy mountain!
       But they must be slain using only
       magic. You cannot use weapons.
       I still have no idea how to serve
       them, but I'll think of something.
       Hohoho!
       You can accept my mission at the
       Quest Shoppe. This is my final
       request!
    
    [ After the Quest is completed ]
    
    {Clavat Man 3} :
    
     * Thank you, my friend! Although my
       monster menu was indubitably a hit...
       my experiments made me realize that
       normal food is actually the tastiest.
       Without a doubt!
       Remember, you can always count on
       me, my friend. I'll never stop
       creating new dishes!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS05]
    
    [ Moogle in the Forest after Town (2), unlock Treasure Hunt 1 ]
    
    {Moogle} :
    
     * I have a treasure map, but I can't
       find all the treasure on my own,
       kupo.
       Won't you help me find the treasure,
       kupo?
       The Quest Shoppe has all the
       details. They can tell you about my
       quest, kupo!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS06]
    
    [ Moogle in Ice Mountain Entrance 2, unlock Treasure Hunt 2 ]
    
    {Moogle} :
    
     * I have a treasure map, but I can't
       find all the treasure on my own,
       kupo.
       Won't you help me find the treasure,
       kupo?
       The Quest Shoppe has all the
       details. They can tell you about my
       quest, kupo!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS07]
    
    [ Monk in Aqueducts Entrance 1, after the ending, unlock Monster Mash 3 ]
    
    {Monk} :
    
       *sigh* I'm trying my darnest to
       level up, but it's hopeless.
       At this rate, I'll never be ready to
       collect the soil samples.
       Whoa! You aren't... are you?
       You made friends with the library
       hall monitor?
       Awesome! That is fantastic!
       This puts a different light on things
       entirely! I bet YOU can help!
       Can you go to the tower and drive out
       all the monsters?
       They're way too strong for me. I
       wouldn't survive a second.
       I was trying to practice here and
       level myself up, but I just don't have
       the talent.
       Anyway, I left all the details at the
       Quest Shoppe. Check with them,
       okay?
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * *sigh* I'm trying my darnest to
       level up, but it's hopeless.
       At this rate, I'll never be ready to
       collect the soil samples.
       But man, I can't believe you actually
       managed to break the ice with that
       hall monitor from Hades.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS08]
    
    [ Soldier in Ruins (2), unlock Invisible Stalkers 1 - must have enough level ]
    
    {Soldier} :
    
       ...
       ......
       .........!
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * I heard about a real juicy job...
       but you better do some leveling up
       first.
       You don't want to throw your life
       away on a suicide mission. You gotta
       build up your experience first.
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       I heard about a real juicy job.
       Reckon I can tell you. You're pretty
       high level.
       Some weird monsters have appeared.
       Although, I'm not sure if "appeared"
       is exactly the right word.
       See, I'm talking about invisible
       beasties.
       They just came out of nowhere and
       attacked.
       Some of my friends got hurt.
       We put in an extermination request
       down at the Quest Shoppe, but
       everyone's too chicken to take it on.
       Which brings me to my point. You
       don't look like a children-you should
       take the job.
       How about it? Avenge my friends!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * The monsters are invisible. You can't
       fight them like you normally would.
       If you do take the job, put your best
       team together. Cooperation is the
       key!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS09]
    
    [ Soldier in the bridge after Gate (9), unlock Invisible Stalkers 2 ]
    
    {Soldier} :
    
       ...
       ......
       .........!
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * I heard about a real juicy job...
       but you don't have the experience to
       handle it.
       You don't want to throw your life
       away on some suicide mission. You
       gotta build up your experience first.
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       I heard about a real juicy job.
       Reckon I can tell an experienced
       quest adventurer like yourself.
       Those weird monsters have
       reappeared.
       Although, I'm not sure if "appeared"
       is exactly the right word.
       See, I'm talking about the invisible
       beasties that you chased away
       before.
       They've been tossing fire at the
       gate. There's way more of them, plus
       they're tougher than ever!
       We put in an extermination request
       down at the Quest Shoppe, but
       everyone's too chicken to take it on.
       Which brings me to my point. I figure
       you're just the adventurer for the
       job.
       How about it? Avenge my friends!
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * You be careful though. There are
       more of them than before, they're
       tougher, AND you can't see 'em!
       If you do take the job, put your best
       team together. Cooperation is the
       key!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS10]
    
    [ Monk in Ice Mountain Entrance 2, after completed, unlock Monster Collector 1 ]
    
    {Monk} :
    
       It's t-too cold.
       D-don't you think it's c-cold?
       This is no place to do research. No
       place at all.
    
       # Research? #
    
       Y-yeah.
       I'm studying monster habitats and
       behaviour.
       I c-came here to catch some of the
       monsters that live on Ice Mountain,
       b-but...
       It's t-too cold.
       ...N-no WAY! You'll help me out?
       O-okay, I'll p-put in a request at the
       Q-Quest Shoppe!
       Outsourcing, my friend. It's the wave
       of the f-future!
       Oh, er... *blush*
       Don't mention the Quest Shoppe thing
       to my boss, okay?
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * It's f-funny. When you hire someone
       else to do your job, it just gets
       done. It's like m-magic.
       I love how p-people are willing to do
       your work for you!
    
       # Have fun! #
    
     * It's t-too cold.
    
       [ The Monk will remain there until you choose "Research?" answer ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS11]
    
    [ Monk in Fire Mountain (2), unlock Monster Collector 2 - have Flame Fungus ]
    
    {Monk} :
    
       *pant pant*
       Oh, man, it is HOT, HOT, HOT!
       This is no place to do research!
    
       # More research? #
    
       Hey, you again, huh? I'm studying the
       creatures that live on Fire Mountain.
       But, sheesh, it's just too hot to do
       anything.
       I'm supposed to collect this flame
       fungus stuff, but I can barely move
       in this heat.
       I'm waiting for it to cool down first.
       I sure wish someone would help me
       out.
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * Stupid flame fungus. I sure wish
       someone would help me find some.
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       Hey, that's flame fungus you've got
       there!
       Say, you don't wanna give it to me, do
       you?
    
       ## Sure. Here. ##
    
       Wow, thanks SO much!
       That just about completes my
       research.
       Next I have to cacth some Fire
       Mountain monsters...
       But that can wait. It's gotta cool
       down eventually, right?
       ...N-no WAY! You'll help me out? Okay,
       I'll put in a request at the Quest
       Shoppe!
       As long as the job gets done, it
       doesn't matter who does it, right? It
       ain't rocket science!
       Oh, er... *blush*
       Don't mention the Quest Shoppe thing
       to my boss, okay?
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * It's not like it matters who does it.
       I put in a request at the Quest
       Shoppe but I'm still stuck on this
       mountain. Man, it's hot.
    
       ## Nope. It's mine. ##
    
       ...Yeah, I guess you're right. Gotta
       take responsibility, right?
    
       # Well, have fun. #
    
       Hot. Too hot.
    
       [ The Monk will remain there until you choose "More research?" answer and
         give him Flame Fungus ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS12]
    
    [ Monk in Forest after Graveyard (1), unlock Monster Collector 3 - have soft
      cell, spark spore, spin amoeba ]
    
    {Monk} :
    
       Ah, what a beautiful day.
       Who wants to do boring old research
       on a day like this?
    
       # More research? #
    
       Hello again, my friend.
       I'm here researching the monsters
       that live in this forest.
       But it's such a nice day, I've just
       been lying around-er, that is to say,
       resting between work sessions...
       I'm looking for soft cells, spark
       spores, and, er, spin amoebas.
       I'm supposed to collect a whole bunch
       of samples, but I just can't get
       started.
       I'm going to rest up a little bit
       longer.
       But I sure wish someone would help
       me out...
    
       [ If the requirement is not met ]
    
     * Anyway. Soft cells, spark spores, and
       spin amoebas.
       I sure wish someone would help me
       find them.
    
       [ If the requirement is met ]
    
       Y-you got 'em! Soft cells and spark
       spores AND spin amoebas!?
       Say, you don't wanna give them to me,
       do you?
    
       ## Sure. Here. ##
    
       Wow, thanks SO much!
       That just about completes my
       research.
       All I have to do now is catch some
       monsters that live here.
       I guess I should take a break first
       though. Don't want to overdo it.
       ...
       No WAY! You'll help me out?
       Yeah, this is the perfect job for
       outsourcing. Quest Shoppe, here I
       come!
       Hey, if you can throw money at a
       problem, why not? It's the modern
       way, my friend, the modern way!
       Oh, er... *blush*
       Don't mention the Quest Shoppe thing
       to my boss, okay?
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * It's weird, isn't it?
       A job is supposed to make you money,
       right?
       But these days, I keep spending money
       just to do my job. How did that
       happen?
    
       ## Nope. They're mine. ##
    
     * ...Yeah, I guess you're right. Gotta
       take responsibility, right?
    
       # Well, have fun. #
    
       Yeah, I wish.
    
       [ The Monk will remain there until you choose "More research?" answer and
         give him the items he seek ]
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [QS13]
    
    [ Monk in Mine after game ending, unlock Monster Collector 4 ]
    
    {Monk} :
    
       Hey-ho. You've climbed a long way.
       I kinda hoped I'd have some peace and
       quiet here, but if you want to
       hang out, that's okay.
    
       # How's the research? #
    
       Research?
       Well, I came here today to capture
       some mine-dwelling monsters.
       We're studying the effects of...
       *sigh* Okay, okay, you don't wanna
       hear about that.
       Of course, I put in a request for
       help at the Quest Shoppe.
       I went to my boss and told him
       EXACTLY what was on my mind.
       He wasn't very happy.
       When I start to get hungry, I'll look
       for another job.
       Until then, I'm just going to stay
       right here and cool my heels for a
       while.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
     * I HATE looking for work.
       I wonder if there are any quests that
       I could handle.
    
       # See ya. #
    
     * Cheerio.
    
       [ The Monk will remain there until you choose "How's the research?" answer ]
    
    
    <><> SIGNS <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG01]
    
    [ Forest (1) ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near exit to Room 2)
    
       Take this stone and place it on the
       pedestal.
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the river/water)
    
       Do not fear water. Just dive in!
    
       Dive underwater to collect items
       lying at the bottom of lakes and
       ponds.
    
    (Near the switch after defeating the goblins)
    
       Hit the switch to activate it.
    
    (Near exit to Room 3, after activating the switch)
    
       The ceremony is almost complete. Go
       forward, young adventurer, and face
       your destiny.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG02]
    
    [ Aqueducts Entrance 1 ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near exit to Room 2)
    
       Due to the appearance of a giant
       monster, a heavy block has been
       placed across the path.
       Strong persons may be able to pull
       the block out of the way.
       However, we do NOT recommend going
       in. It's dangerous in there.
       Seriously.
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the post)
    
       If you wish to open the door, strike
       this post again and again!
    
    (Near the button/switch beside the door)
    
       Below the pedestal is a switch. Step
       on it quick when the cover goes up!
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near the yellow magic switch)
    
       Cast Thunder on the yellow orbs,
       Fire on the red ones, and Blizzard on
       the blue ones.
       Something good is bound to happen!
    
    
    <> Room 4 :
    
    (Near the entrance, below the chest) - < QUEST: Monster Mash 1 >
    
       The aqueducts have become infested
       with cute little monsters.
       They aren't very dangerous, but
       they're so playful it's getting hard to
       clean up down there.
       We need adventurers to drive them
       out. For details, please visit the
       town Quest Shoppe.
       Posted by the Keep Our Water Clean
       Committee.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    (Near/below exit to Room 5)
    
       Many switches here are rusted shut.
       If stepping on them doesn't make them
       budge...
       try pushing something heavy on top.
    
    
    <> Room 5 :
    
    (At the end of room, near a pole switch)
    
       The main gate is malfunctioning. If
       you become trapped inside, push this
       into the wall.
    
    
    <> Room 6 :
    
    (Near a button/switch and a key)
    
       You can use this key to open large
       locks.
    
    
    <> Room 7 :
    
    (Near the locked door)
    
       Danger!
       Giant horned beast ahead!
       We REALLY recommend not opening
       this door, even if you do find the
       key.
       Run away! Foolhardy adventurers
       enter AT THEIR OWN RISK.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG03]
    
    [ Ice Mountain Entrance 1 ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the entrance, below a chest) - < QUEST: Hunt the Hidden 1 >
    
       WANTED: Monster Exterminators
       Easy Work. See the Quest Shoppe for
       details.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    (Near exit to Room 2, below a handle switch)
    
       Danger! Mountain trail is blocked.
       Entry strictly prohibited.
       ...Although if you REALLY want to go
       up the mountain, you can jump and
       pull the handle above.
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near a blue pot)
    
       If you freeze this pot and toss it in
       water, the water will freeze.
    
    (Near the water)
    
       If the water freezes when you're
       swimming, you'll be in a lot of
       trouble. Be careful!
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near the cliff)
    
       The bridge collapsed, so we
       jury-rigged this rope-and-pulley.
       Just hang on and it'll take you across
       to the other side.
    
    
    <> Room 5 :
    
    (Near the red pot)
    
       To unfreeze frozen water, use the
       pots here.
       You can light them on fire and place
       them on top of the ice.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG04]
    
    [ Fire Mountain (1) ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       WARNING! Don't swim in the lava
       (duh).
       You know what will happen if you do,
       right?
    
    (Near the exit to the next room)
    
       If you light this pot, it will explode
       in a few seconds.
       You can smash large rocks that are
       blocking your way. But don't get
       caught in the blast!
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the entrance) - < QUEST: Bring the Cows Home 1 >
    
       LOST!
       My favorite little girl, somewhere on
       Fire Mountain.
       Name: Jennifer
       Age: 1
       Weight: 100 kg
       Has distinctive piebald pattern.
       Interested parties should sign up at
       the Quest Shoppe.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    (Near a water pot)
    
       Beware of fire. Toss pots of water
       to extinguish flames that block your
       path.
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       WARNING! Falling rocks.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG05]
    
    [ Library (6) ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near exit to Room 2, besides the stand)
    
       If further in you wish to go, place
       this book upon the stand.
       Quiet in the Library!
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the center stand)
    
       This is a monster extermination
       tome.
       Place this book upon the stand to
       unleash special magic against
       monsters.
       Quiet in the Library!
    
    (Near the shelf)
    
       Books on this shelf have been moved.
       The shelving unit is very unstable.
       Do not try to move it.
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near the ladder)
    
       Use this ladder to reach books on
       higher shelves. Push the ladder to
       move it.
       Quiet in the Library!
    
    (In upper floor, near the stand)
    
       Place this book upon the stand to
       cast a magic spell that will follow
       you around.
       Don't worry. The magic won't harm
       you even if it hits you.
    
    (In upper floor, near orb switch)
    
       Hit the orb with special magic and
       the bookshelf will move.
       Quiet in the Library!
    
    (In upper floor, near the second stand)
    
       The special magic will also follow
       your magic target ring.
       Use your target ring to cast the
       magic on the other side of the
       bookshelf.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG06]
    
    [ Ruins (1) ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 (entrance) :
    
       If you prepared to enter,
       together you must stand.
    
    (Near the entrance, after beaten Graveyard) - < QUEST: Materials Hunt! >
    
       Seeking partners to explore the
       ruins! I've gone on ahead. Please
       apply at the Quest Shoppe.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near the first pyramid device)
    
       A powered pyramid can activate
       gadgets when placed in the socket.
    
    (Above the first pyramid device)
    
       Lightning powers the pyramid, but
       held aloft it does not shock.
    
    (Near the second pyramid device)
    
       A device will stop operating if you
       pull the pyramid from the socket.
    
    (Near the third pyramid device)
    
       Place a pyramid in this socket...
       and it will be carried to another
       room.
    
    
    <> Room 4 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       Some devices are made to stop
       thieves. The law-abiding should stay
       clear.
    
    (Near the second anti-theft device)
    
       A device will stop operating if you
       pull the pyramid from the socket.
    
    (Near the second pyramid socket)
    
       Place a pyramid in this socket...
       and it will be carried to another
       room.
    
    
    <> Room 6 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       Leap and grab the rope to swing your
       way across.
       Jump again to release the rope at the
       other side.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG07]
    
    [ Aqueducts Entrance 2 ]
    
    
    <> Room 5 :
    
    (Near the entrance, under a chest) - < QUEST: Fragile! 1 >
    
       WANTED: Helpers to carry excavated
       vases out of the aqueducts.
       The vases are extremely fine
       objects, delicate and priceless.
       We need people who are able to carry
       the vases VERY CAREFULLY WITHOUT
       BREAKING THEM.
       If this sounds like something you
       could do, please apply to the Quest
       Shoppe.
       Posted by the Archeology Team
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG08]
    
    [ Ice Mountain Entrance 2 ]
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the entrance, under a chest) - < QUEST: Fragile! 2 >
    
       WANTED: Helpers to carry excavated
       vases down from Ice Mountain.
       The vases are priceless artifacts of
       delicate beauty. They're as fragile
       as icicles.
       We need people who are able to carry
       the vases VERY CAREFULLY WITHOUT
       BREAKING THEM.
       If this sounds like something you
       could do, please apply to the Quest
       Shoppe.
       PS. Also looking for non-smokers who
       enjoy good meals and walks on the
       beach.
       Posted by the Archeology Team
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG09]
    
    [ Forest (8) or deeper forest part ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       O ye who has the crystal power,
       place your hands to open the way.
    
    (Near the four red orb switch and magic splitter)
    
       Try casting magic on me! I can
       power-up your spells and fire them in
       four directions!
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG10]
    
    [ Graveyard (1), after completed ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the magic splitter)
    
       Rescue me from this poisonous peril,
       and I shall make your spells more
       powerful.
    
    (Near the entrance, after completed) - < QUEST: Hunt the Hidden 2 >
    
       WANTED: Monster Exterminators
       Easy work. See the Quest Shoppe for
       details.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <> Room 3 :
    
    (Near a magic pot)
    
       Carry me to the blue plate, and I will
       take you higher.
    
    
    <> Room 4 :
    
    (Near a magic pot)
    
       Carry me to the blue plate, and I will
       take you higher.
    
    
    <> Room 5 :
    
    (Near a magic pot)
    
       Poison is rising up from below the
       ground. You have to do something
       about it if you want to survive.
       Carry me to the purple plate, and I
       will protect you for a spell.
    
    
    <> Room 6 :
    
    (Near the coffin)
    
       The coffins here are empty, but you
       can push and pull them around.
       But who left these empty coffins
       lying around?
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG11]
    
    [ Mine (1) ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       It is a strange machine made by the
       ancients.
       You can use the four orbs to make it
       move in the direction you wish to go.
       But if you cannot cast spells, then
       stuck you will be.
    
    
    <> Room 2 :
    
    (Near the entrance)
    
       To open the passage you must smash
       this rock.
       Perhaps there is some way to hit it
       with a large amount of force.
    
    
    <> Room 6 :
    
    (Near exit to next room, after completed) - < QUEST: Fragile! 3 >
    
       WANTED: Helpers to carry excavated
       vases out of the mine.
       The vases are priceless artifacts of
       exquisite beauty.
       They are also extremely fragile.
       We need people who are able to carry
       the vases VERY CAREFULLY WITHOUT
       BREAKING THEM.
       If this sounds like something you
       could do, please apply to the Quest
       Shoppe.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <> Room 8 :
    
    (Near the entrance, after completed) - < QUEST: Bring the Cows Home 2 >
    
       LOST!
       My favorite little girl, somewhere in
       the mine.
       Name: Stephanie
       Age: 2
       Weight: 200 kg
       Wearing silver nose ring.
       Interested parties should sign up at
       the Quest Shoppe.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG12]
    
    [ Gate (9), after the ending ]
    
    
    <> Room 1 :
    
    (Near the entrance, after ending) - < QUEST: Bring the Cows Home 3 >
    
       LOST!
       My favorite little girl, somewhere
       near the great gate.
       Name: Christina
       Age: 3
       Weight: 300 kg
       Loves grass.
       Interested parties should sign up at
       the Quest Shoppe.
    
       ( A new quest is available. )
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [SG13]
    
    [ Library (7), after completing all library sections ]
    
    
    <> Secret Room (enter the warp zone on the hall after killing the monsters) :
    
    (Near the book stand)
    
       Our prized collection of ancient
       texts, now on public display.
       Just put the book on the stand to
       make a thrilling new world appear
       right in front of your eyes!
       If you dare, that is.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> SPEED WALKTHROUGH  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [SPW] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    Hmm... A little bonus here, especially for the veterans, those who play the
    second and next gameplays, or those who just want to get pass quickly...
    I'll give mandatory places or events need to be visited or obtained in order to
    progress in the game, and only the mandatory ones. This is just some recaps from
    what I've recorded in the main part of the guide, but in the form of locations
    or events and some brief explanations. Note that the reference numbers are in
    concordance with the ones in the main guide. Remember, this is only a SPEED
    walkthrough, if you need detail info on passing the rooms/chambers in a certain
    locations or dungeons, solving puzzles, etc. well...look somewhere else, please!
    
    
    < Beginning of the game >
    
    [FR01] Forest (1)
    -----------------
    Go into the forest (northeast of the village) and defeat the crazy masked
    machine boss at the final part and meet Sherlotta.
    
    [VL02] Village (2)
    ------------------
    Return to the village where Eryll caught the crystal sickness.
    
    [LB01] Library (1)
    ------------------
    Meet the villain, Larkeicus. He will agree to help but you have to find the
    Buffasaur Horn first.
    
    [TW02] Town (2)
    ---------------
    Talk to the Clavat Man with blue shirt that having conversation with a Lilty
    to gain info and access to the aqueducts.
    
    [AQ01] Aqueducts Entrance 1
    ---------------------------
    Go through the aqueducts and meet the Buffasaur. Kill it to obtain the horn.
    
    [LB02] Library (2)
    
    ------------------
    Return to Larkeicus, and he will make the medicine for Eryll.
    
    [VL03] Village (3)
    ------------------
    Give the medicine to Eryll and she will soon cured.
    
    [LB03] Library (3)
    ------------------
    Paying debt to Larkeicus. Talk to him and he will ask you to go to the Ice and
    Fire Mountain, to activate the ruins atop of them. You'll go to Ice Mt. first.
    
    [IM01] Ice Mountain Entrance 1
    ------------------------------
    Activate the ruins in the mountain top by moving the block onto it.
    
    [LB04] Library (4)
    ------------------
    Return to Larkeicus and inform of the event in the Ice Mountain. You will also
    gain access to Fire Mountain.
    
    [FM01] Fire Mountain (1)
    ------------------------
    Defeat the spider boss at mountain top, then activate the ruins by moving the
    block onto it.
    
    [LB05] Library (5)
    ------------------
    Return to Larkeicus and inform of the event in the Fire Mountain.
    
    [VL05] Village (5)
    ------------------
    Go home to the village and talk to Sherlotta. A scene will occur where Larkeicus
    is summoning the Tower. The villagers will all then vanished then next day.
    
    [LB06] Library (6)
    ------------------
    Go through the monster infested library (left door) and meet Larkeicus again.
    This time, you will fight him instead of having a nice chat.
    
    [VL07] Village (7)
    ------------------
    Talk to Norschtalen, you will get access to the Ruins.
    
    [RN01] Ruins (1)
    ----------------
    Go deep into the ruins and meet Veriaulde. You'll get the crystal finder device
    from him, but not before you defeat his mutated form.
    
    [AQ02] Aqueducts Entrance 2
    ---------------------------
    Go through the aqueducts and defeat the monsters in the end. You will obtain a
    Crystal Core fragment after the battle (1st).
    
    [FM02] Fire Mountain (2)
    ------------------------
    Go through the mountain and defeat the monsters in the end. You will obtain a
    Crystal Core fragment after the battle (2nd).
    
    [IM02] Ice Mountain Entrance 2
    ------------------------------
    Go through the mountain and defeat the frog boss. You will obtain a Crystal Core
    fragment after the battle (3rd). (NOTE: the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fragments could
    be completed in ANY order)
    
    [FR05] Forest (5)
    -----------------
    Meet Eryll in the forest pond and she will reunite the found Crystal Core
    fragments. You will get some flashbacks too.
    
    [VL11] Village (11)
    -------------------
    Talk to Waltrill to obtain the key to the library. This will unlock more rooms
    in the town library.
    
    [LB07] Library (7)
    ------------------
    Go through the new path (right door) and defeat the hungry bookshelf monster
    boss. It will drop another Crystal Core fragment (4th).
    
    [FR06] Forest (6)
    -----------------
    Return to Eryll in the forest pond. Another flashback scene after putting back
    the fragment.
    
    [VL12] Village (12)
    -------------------
    Talk to Ullz and he will tell you about another entrance in the Ruins.
    
    [RN02] Ruins (2)
    ----------------
    Go through the new path and defeat the monsters in the end. A Crystal Core
    fragment is available after the battle (5th).
    
    [FR07] Forest (7)
    -----------------
    Give the last fragment to Eryll in the forest pond. A new path in the forest
    will appear.
    
    [FR08] Forest (8)
    -----------------
    Go through the new path that just recently opened and defeat the second masked
    machine boss in the end. You'll meet Sherlotta next.
    
    [RV01] Ruined Village (1)
    -------------------------
    Talk to Sherlotta five times, and go to the World Map.
    
    [TW09] Town (9)
    ---------------
    Talk to the Male Selkie in the inner part/plaza of Town and he will give info on
    the entrance to the Graveyard.
    
    [GY01] Graveyard (1)
    --------------------
    Defeat the spooky lady ghost in the final chamber with the coffin.
    
    [LB08] Library (8)
    ------------------
    Go through the new opened path (center chamber) and defeat the monsters at the
    end. Examine the shining book on the shelf.
    
    [MN01] Mine (1)
    ---------------
    Explore the Mine and defeat the wall crawler lizard boss at the final room.
    You will 'reclaim' the staff.
    
    [FM03] Fire Mountain (3)
    ------------------------
    Go to the mountain top like before and also examine the ruins atop. Sherlotta
    will do some 'tweaking'.
    
    [IM03] Ice Mountain (3)
    -----------------------
    Go to the mountain top like before and also examine the ruins atop. Sherlotta
    will again do the same thing. Both ruins will fire a beam onto the Gate.
    
    [GT09] Gate (9)
    ---------------
    Visit the lonely Gate and let Sherlotta deal the rest. A bridge will be
    summoned after. Go through the gate and cross the bridge, defeating the two
    mechanical sentry robots in the end.
    
    [TR01] Tower (1)
    ----------------
    This is it. Climb the Tower and meet the villain again at the topmost floor.
    Give your best shot at him, as this is the final battle, in two phases. Enjoy
    the ending then...
    
    [FR09] Forest (9)
    -----------------
    After the ending and return to the village, go to the forest pond and the main
    character will throw the crystal shard into it. Now you can go back to the
    village and access the World Map again.
    
    < End of the story, but not the game :) >
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> FAVOURITE QUOTES <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [FQT] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    It's a loooot of time that has been spent in making this guide, phew... Some of
    the speeches are awesome, either in term of style or the meaning itself, and I
    wouldn't just waste my whole effort in making this guide, so I will pick some
    of them and place it here. :P It's nothing, I just love these quotes hehe...
    They can either be funny, unique, silly, or... awesomely inspiring... yeah...
    
    
    That...is...so...AWESOME!
    
         - Ullz, Village (1)
    
    
    ...Fancy speech, huh, kiddo?
    
         - Waltrill, Village (1)
    
    
    Once a fussbucket, always a fussbucket.
    
         - Waltrill, Village (3)
    
    
    Ah-ha! Here comes Fashion Disaster, Exhibit A.
    
         - Artemicion, Town (3)
    
    
    When's dinner?
    
         - Ullz, Village (4)
    
    
    Vhat matters, are the results.
    
         - Larkeicus, Library (6)
    
    
    Cause and effect. If the correct prerequisites are in place...
    then the event they are destined to trigger vill occur.
    
         - Larkeicus, Library (6)
    
    
    Awesomely... boring.
    
         - Selkie Girl, Town (7)
    
    
    Gender-wise, you're just no competition.
    
         - Clavat Lady, Town (8)
    
    
    Ah, this is the life. A nice warm bench, nothing to do the WHOLE day...
    
         - Clavat Man, Town (8)
    
    
    Ha, don't you go falling for me, babe. I'm too hot to touch!
    
         - Del Dee, Town (8)
    
    
    A loser is still a loser, no matter how fancy the packaging.
    
         - Female Lilty, Town (8)
    
    
    Alone at the end of the world, all I'm doing is pilling pebbles. La-LA!
    
         - Norschtalen, Village (8)
    
    
    Now I sound like the Grim Reaper!
    
         - Toumli, Village (10)
    
    
    But remember: the truth isn't always what we want it to be.
    
         - Waltrill, Village (11)
    
    
    Whoopsy, eh?
    
         - Bachenn, Village (11)
    
    
    Treat your time alive as if it's the only chance you'll ever get...
    and when it's over, you'll look back and be able to say to yourself, "now
    THAT was a good life!"
    
         - Ilina, Ruined Village (1)
    
    
    You can call me... Master.
    
         - Phelple, Ruined Village (1)
    
    
    Oh, put a sock in it, you silly old goat!
    
         - Tratt, Ruined Village (1)
    
    
    I'd rather put my head in a bee hive.
    
         - Answer choices, Ruined Village (1)
    
    
    People have this habit of only believing in what they can see.
    They fear things they don't understand...
    yet when those same things help them, they praise them as miracles.
    
         - Sherlotta, Ruined Village (1)
    
    
    Tsk. Young people these days...
    
         - Sherlotta, Town (8)
    
    
    Okay. Any last words before I finish you off?
    
         - Sherlotta, Graveyard (1)
    
    
    All things come to an end.
    
         - Lian, Village (15)
    
    
    Women are REALLY scary!
    
         - Aurdy, Village (15)
    
    
    Time to die!
    
         - Sherlotta, Town (10)
    
    
    You have a vivid imagination, kiddo.
    
         - Clavat Man, Town (10)
    
    
    In nature, there is no forever.
    
         - Waltrill, Village (16)
    
    
    I'm not from "these days."
    
         - Sherlotta, after activating one ruins in either Mountains.
    
    
    Un-freaking-believable!
    
         - Amenhart, Town (12)
    
    
    Mumbo-jumbo idiocy.
    
         - Larkeicus, Tower (1)
    
    
    Science does not lie.
    
         - Larkeicus, Tower (1)
    
    
    What has already been cannot be undone or redone.
    
         - Sherlotta, Tower (1)
    
    
    You have to be positive, look to the future, and build your own life.
    
         - Norschtalen, Village (18)
    
    
    Your gut is not exactly the most trustworthy source.
    
         - Male Lilty, Town (13)
    
    
    Woof! Woof! Hahaha!
    
         - Dog, Town (13)
    
    
    Iwannago Iwannago Iwannago SEE!
    
         - Lilty Kid, Town (13)
    
    
    Goodbye... and thank you.
    
         - Sherlotta, Tower (1)
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> THANKS <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [THK] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
       <> GameFAQs, Neoseeker, Supercheats
            for accepting and hosting this guide, also for providing resources
       <> myself
            for making this guide :P
       <> Square-Enix
            for the improvements of the gameplay & controls... compared to RoF :)
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> REFERENCES <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [REF] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
       <> Mercenary names taken from Sephirosuy's guide
    
       <> Boss names taken from KingDraken's guide
    
       <> Some NPC names taken from GameFAQs Boards by soma2035
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><> COPYRIGHT  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>  [CPR] <>
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    
    The web sites that this guide is available on are :
    
       <> GameFAQs.com
       <> Neoseeker.com
       <> Supercheats.com
       <> Cheats.de
    
    This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal,
    private use. It may not be placed on any other web site or otherwise distributed
    publicly without advance written permission. Use of this guide on any other web
    site or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation
    of copyright.
    
    All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
    respective trademark and copyright holders.
    
    Need to contact me? Send email at :
    
        admiral_popovsky@yahoo.com
    
    Copyright (c) 2009-2010, Admiral Po. All rights reserved.
    
    
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    

    FAQ Display Options: Printable Version