Question from _SG

Is there any logic to the amounts that the stats go up by?

...Because honestly, the amount that the stats go up by seems arbitrary.

hanks, I meant specifically though - sometimes a stat will be 2, sometimes 5 on the same character. I was trying to calculate the attributes that a character would have at level 99 if they never had any bonus attributes added.

So the lower the other side is, the higher one's stats go? Does anyone know if this is the same case for PiT?

It appears to be based on their archetypes. Mario seems to be fast and a great attacker with high SP and low defense, Luigi is slow and a decent defender with a well-groomed 'stache, and Bowser is a frickin' tank - High HP, Defense, Attack, and Horn while being slow and low on ammo (SP).

Ah. In that case I think that might depend on what stat you boosted last level and by how much. It is incredibly hard to tell that properly, though.

People on GameSpot seem to have deduced that level ups bonuses are based on who's ahead.
Bowser leveling up to 23 when the Bros are 27 will net a happy 2/1/1/1/1/1.
Bowser leveling up to 23 when the Bros are 17 will net a better 10/2/6/4/2/3.

That's also what usually happens to me.