Question from arthurhmg

how can I get Dark ore?

someone said I had to take the photographer to ocean realm but where is he???

From: pokemon629 5 years ago

get force gem 18 -When It Can Be Obtained: After Sand Temple.
-How To Aquire: After completing the Sand Realm, another letter in the mail will come from Ferrus. He is now located near the northwest segment of the Fire Realm, just a bit north of the Goron Target Range. Ride on over and pick up Ferrus and he wants to explore the Ocean Temple. It is really quite the distance, but you can cut down that time if you've already restored Spirit Tracks by gaining the 8th force gem. Ride south from the Goron Target Game and you can use the Warp Gate F to send you to a location near the Ocean Temple. From here, ride into the mouth of the fish to get underwater. Finish off the drop as you ride to the Ocean Temple, where Ferrus will reward Link with a force gem.

Rewards
-Spirit Tracks: East part of the Fire Realm.
-New Secrets: Access to Dark Ore Mine.

I'm not totally sure if that quest is the one that unlocks the Dark Ore Mine. But you will get a letter from him. He should be near the warp from Fire to Forest but he won't appear until you get the letter.

The first letter you get from him is to find him near the armored evil train in the snow region. Find him and deliver him to Adobo Village (if I remember right) and later on he will send another letter. He is in the fire area now. Deliver him to the Ocean Temple and the tracks to the dark ore mine will open up. I believe you will need to beat the temples in the respective areas before you get the letter.

I think you have to go back to Adobo Village later after dropping him off. I talked to him on the beach, he said something about Alfonzo not believing in a legendary engineer. The next town I went to had the letter to come pick him up in the Fire Realm to take him to the ocean rails (and then to drop him off at the Ocean Temple).

After you have met the photographer via the storyline, as you continue to complete the game he will send letters for you to pick him up and take him somewhere.
After completing the sand temple and doing the photographers earlier requests, you will receive another letter from him to pick him up in the Fire Realm (his letter contains a map picture with his exact location on the upper screen) and send him to the Ocean temple. You'll get a force gem for completing this which unlocks a segment of track containing the dark ore mine station.