Question from chicknstu222

Can you really trade with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, and FireRed?

I read on the back of the Pokemon HeartGold case that you can trade with the past GBA Pokemon games. Is this really true? If so, how can you do it?

ninjarook asked for clarification:

I have iserted both my leafgreen cartridge and my heartgold...thing into my DS Lite but no Migrate Pokemon option shows up...what am i doing wrong??

chicknstu222 provided additional details:

Ok, thanks. I feel like a total idiot for not reading the migrate part in the booklet *facepalm

X_Darkness answered:

It is impossible to trade with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, and FireRed with the DSi. However, if you have the original DS, or the DS Lite, then you can. Simply put the Game boy Advance Cartridge in the Gameboy slot on your DS, then when the menu comes, were you would normally select your save file. Go down to "Migrate Pokemon." Further instructions will be given in game.:)

This information is also in the Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver game manual. Check Page 18.
2 0

Answers

dcoughler answered:

It's less of a trade and more of a pillage - you basically remove the pokemon from your GBA cartridge and move them to your DS game. Also, you cannot migrate a pokemon that knows an HM move. Finally, you have to have at least 7 pokemon left on your GBA cartridge to do the migration because you must migrate 6 pokemon at a time, and you need to leave 1 pokemon in your party.

Your best bet is to fire up your GBA game, remove all of the HMs from pokemon you want to migrate, and then start transfering. If you don't remove the HMs first, you may end up with a party that is too weak to make the journey to the move deleter.
0 0

MaxStar360 answered:

First, you have to play the game up to the point when Pal Park is opened and ready for use. The option will then appear on the main menu. If the option is still not appearing, it is quite probably because you are (unknowingly) trying to migrate from a fake GBA game as they will, of course, not be recognized by HG.
0 0