How do I make 2 Pokemon like each other more in Day Care?

1. I have a female Pinsir, and a male Sycther, the Day Care man says that they don't like each other too much. I want to make Pinsir eggs, so what can I do to make them like each other?

User Info: GameShark9000

GameShark9000 - 6 years ago

1. Your best bet would be just to catch a Ditto and put it in with the pokemon you want an egg from.

User Info: ghostninja89

ghostninja89 - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. You cannot. Note the following chances of getting an Egg:
    --Same Original Trainer, Different Species* - 30% chance
    --Same Original Trainer, Same Species - 50% chance
    --Different Original Trainers, Different Species* - 50% chance
    --Different Original Trainers, Same Species - 80% chance
    --Parent and Child - 0% chance, regardless of above criteria

* Different Species includes different stages of the same evolutionary line, such as Charizard with Charmeleon.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 4
  2. Kraleck Answered "Parent and Child - 0% chance, regardless of above criteria"

WRONG, You can indeed Breed Parent and Child

Here is the real information

Egg Production:

"The two seem to get along very well" = same species/different trainer = ~69.3% chance of an egg being made after 256 step counter turns over.

"The two seem to get along" = same species/same trainer or different species/different trainer = ~49.5% chance of an egg being made after 256 step counter turns over.

"They don't seem to like each other very much" = different species/same trainer = ~19.8% chance of an egg being made after 256 step counter turns over.

"The two prefer to play with other Pokemon than each other" = not in the same egg group or of the same gender = 0% chance of an egg being made after 256 step counter turns over.

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC (Expert) - 6 years ago 3 2
  3. I don't know what RaikouTGC is smoking, but inbreeding is actually not possible.

Or, at least it wasn't in G/S/C. Can't say I've bothered to try it recently.

User Info: TL_Goken

TL_Goken - 6 years ago 1 4
  4. RaikouTGC is, as usual, CORRECT

In 3rd and 4th Gen it is entirely possible to breed a Parent and an Offspring. This was NOT POSSIBLE in the original 2nd Gen Games. Just last week in HG I bred an Eevee from my Glaceon and Lefeon, then bred the Hatchling with the Mother Leafeon to get three more Eggs and level up the hatchling

For more proof read the last bullet item here
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding#Trivia

User Info: FyrFyter22

FyrFyter22 - 6 years ago 2 1
  5. RaikouTGC is WRONG. Inbreeding is not possible.

Here's the way it goes:

"The two seem to get along very well" = same species/different OT = Egg is produced very quickly

"The two seem to get along" = same species/same OT or different species/different OT = Egg is produced somewhat quickly

"They don't seem to like each other very much" = different species/same OT = Egg takes a long time to produce

"The two prefer to play with other Pokemon" = different egg groups, same gender, or one/both Pokemon is in the "No Eggs" Group = No egg will ever be produced

"They seem to be brimming with energy" = one Pokemon is the offspring of the other = No egg will ever be produced

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire - 6 years ago 0 4
  6. Try finding a ditto and put it in with pincer oh yeah you find a ditto on route 45

User Info: dragonfist2010

dragonfist2010 - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. You cannot do anything to make the Pokemon like each other. However, you can still breed a female Pinsir with a male Scyther. It will simply take a bit longer for them to get together and produce an egg. As long as the message is not that they prefer to play with other Pokemon, an egg will eventually appear.

I don't know about any of the inbreeding or anything...as far as I knew, they couldn't be mated parent and child. I haven't seen anything in any player's guide that suggests otherwise. I also don't know about the percentages, but Kraleck's information and RaikouTCG's information about the messages appears to be correct.

User Info: starknight75

starknight75 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  8. I agree with ghostninja89 a ditto is your best bet. Or you can check and make sure both parents are in the same breeding grouo. If the pokemon arent in the same breeding group then they arent compatiable and an egg wont produce

User Info: SonicRider13

SonicRider13 - 6 years ago 0 0