Question from davidhuga14

How do I catch ho oh?

I usually get it to the point were i can't see it any more so i make my eevee use 2 tail whips to weaken its defense then it dies but i still can't catch it. Any tips?

classicgamer83 answered:

Its stats have no bearing on your ability to catch it.

All that matters is what kind of Pokemon it is, how much health it has in percentage, what status ailments it is suffering, and what kind of ball did you use.

In Ho-oh's case, you ideally want to lower its health as much as possible (which you say you did) and either put it to sleep or freeze it if you can. Then, you try to catch it with the strongest ball you've got.

I made a catch calculator for this game, and according to my calculator, here's your probability of success for catching Ho-oh if you do what I suggested.

Pokeball: 2.34%
Great Ball: 3.51%
Ultra Ball: 4.67%
Dusk Ball: 9.35%
Timer Ball (full power): 9.35%
Master Ball (Regardless of what you do): 100%

Incidentally, this same figure applies to just about every legendary out there, and despite this optimal combination, luck is not on your side. All you can do is just keep trying.
0 0

Answers

Saric92 answered:

Use the masterball on it. It's too tedious to catch it with anything else. Either that, or wait until night then use dusk balls on it. Lowering it's defense does nothing to the capture rate.
0 0

What is the best way to catch mew 2? Answered killzoid23
How do i catch him? Answered azvin314
How to catch Ho-Oh ? Answered Ulquiorra365
How do I catch Nosepass? Open MystJake
How do i catch Eevee? Answered ValentineGil