Question from Spartan_Jedi117

Can you repeat failed attempts at legendary Pokemon?

My older sister told me that you try once more but I was hoping repeated attempts to catch them.

Spartan_Jedi117 provided additional details:

about REPEATING failures?
Ex: failed at catching Ho-oh and then thrash the E4 and then fail AGAIN

RaikouTGC answered:

It is my understanding, after you defeat the E4 they will respawn if defeated but not caught
2 0

Answers

Rkie answered:

only ho-oh/Lugia and suicune will erappear as far as i know. In HG, if you beat Ho-oh ,it will be there after E4 and just be there with no crazy scene w/ kimonos and the same with Lugia in SS. Suicune will go to the burned tower after you defeat it, but all of the others just disappear once you beat them.
0 1

nintendoman98 answered:

All you have to do is beat the Elite 4 again. If that doesnt work you... DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!!!!!!
0 2

brokendwarf answered:

Yes.
Beat the Elite Four again, and you can catch them again.
0 0

TsubaDude answered:

I can confirm this for sudowodo
0 0

darkcat1 answered:

personally I always save before an attempt and reset the game if I miss. I actually failed at catching Lugia once before getting him.(had to reset) If you miss both times without using the reset trick you're screwed since HGSS allows you a second attempt and no more.
0 0

oneyoshi79 answered:

2 Legendaries respawn in both games. One is the Version Legendarie (Lugia and Ho-oh) And Suicune.
Suicune will respawn after one day in the basement of the burned tower if you kill it or run away. While the version legendarie will only respawn in its respective game after you beat the E4 in the place you originally found it. . If you run away form ANY Legendary, it will respawn in one day, but if you kill it, it will never respawn.
Have you faced Ho-oh yet? if so, just go back to the Bell tower after the E4 is killed. But if you haven't fought it yet, just catch it! It may take a couple tries, but it's HO-OH! Seriously! Don't put it off! Catch it in an Epic climactic battle for the ages! If you have trouble catching it, I would reccomend using Multiple types of Pokeballs. It seems there easier to catch if your not spamming the same ball over and over and over again. I hope this helps in your quest for Legendaries! =D
0 0

ThunderAce85 answered:

All will respawn after beating E4 BUT suciune might not but according to some if u beat E4 it comes back at burn tower. I hvent checked soo save before.
0 0

mathue9 answered:

On a side note aside from legendaries (I know that;s the topic) a few other pokemon you meet in event battles respawn, however I don't think beathing the E4 is needed to make them respawn. firstly Sodowoodo (hope spelt right) respawns (I think, have herd but can't try b/c to far in game) EVERY DAY if you owned it by accident, in the vary same spot. Also snorelax respawns if you killed it at the far end of that route after the building where he appeared in R/B/Y (not blocking anything) note: he may contunuously switch places between there and where you first found him but this hasn't been confirmed. Lastly, lapras hasn't been tested but I will test him to see if he appears there every friday if you beat him.
0 0

Kraleck answered:

Defeating the Pokemon League WILL respawn all KO'd legendaries. I've been doing it to get an Entei with a good Nature (I got a Raikou with a Bold Nature by resetting to before making the trio run, but Entei still won't cooperate). I have done so 5 times, so it does work.

Defeat the Pokemon League, catch the runner, check the Nature, reset if it's not the one you want, KO, and repeat until it works. I've heard Sudowoodo and Snorlax respawn, even though they're not legendaries (unconfirmed), and Suicune will return to the Burned Tower if you KO it at Route 25 then respawn it by clearing the Pokemon League.

For non-runners, save prior to Battle, try to catch it, and only reset if you KO it or get a Nature you don't want.
0 0

Darkushound18 answered:

Yes. You just have to beat the Elite Four again and every legend that was not caught yet along with Red and the Sudowoodo will be back
0 0