A + B + Down concept. Does it work?

1. Someone told me that if you press A + B + Down, the chances of catching any pokemon increases. Is that true?

User Info: marioultrafan1

marioultrafan1 - 6 years ago

1. Tyranitaronweed is right. It's purely psychological. Personally, I touch the button on the Poke Ball on the bottom screen right when the Poke Ball I'm throwing turns yellow. It feels like I'm locking it, y'know?

User Info: luigi_fangirl

luigi_fangirl - 6 years ago 4 0

Answers

1. No it doesn't there is no way of increasing the chances of catching a pokemon except for either hacking or using different poke balls. Like if your trying to catch an Onix, instead of using a poke ball using a heavy ball.

User Info: The_Red_Gyrados

The_Red_Gyrados - 6 years ago 2 0
  2. Honestly, when I try catching things, I hold down A and B. It's sort of a psychological thing. If you think it helps, do it. But no, it doesn't actually help.

User Info: brokendwarf

brokendwarf - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. No but usings moves that put pokemon to sleep or other moves like that do increase to odds

User Info: Spore101

Spore101 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. I hit A when the PokeBall turns yellow then I jam it, it seems to work since I usually catch Pokemon with that.

User Info: underwater44

underwater44 - 6 years ago 0 2
  5. I always do it and i think it works because i usually catch them when doing it.

User Info: lilrastasheep

lilrastasheep - 6 years ago 0 2
  6. Little button codes like those never actually work; it really just gives you the feeling that you'll have odds on your side. You can do it if you want, if you feel that it helps you or if it makes you feel better, but it never actually does anything.

User Info: tyranitaronweed

tyranitaronweed - 6 years ago 4 0
  7. Answer: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: oneyoshi79

oneyoshi79 - 6 years ago 0 3
  8. wait everyone calm down with all this phsycological crap and listen to my theory: maybe if you used button codes to catch pokemon ur DS is probably being occupied from collecting button entries while the game is still working so maybe when you think ur catching the pokemon with button ur probably just occupying the DS with ur crazy phsycological button pushing.

User Info: brocalicoconut

brocalicoconut - 6 years ago 1 0
  9. nope just tried it ._. by the way I HAZ MEWTWO

User Info: This1IS1gamefaq

This1IS1gamefaq - 6 years ago 1 1
  10. Several variations of this method exist, even some of my friends believe in it, but no matter what this will not increase your chances whatsoever.

User Info: grandpajenkins0

grandpajenkins0 - 6 years ago 0 0