Question from BolognaSkater

More MasterBalls?

When do you get your first MasterBall and can u get more than 1? What pokemon would the MasterBall be most valusble to catch with

You can get more if you win at the Radio Tower Daily Draw in Goldenrod City. You need to match all 5 numbers.

As for which pokemon to use your master ball on, I used mine on Ho-Oh simply because I was running out of pokeballs and I was worried he would run out of PP and start using the default attack that also damages him (the name escapes me right now).

dcoughler--the move you're thinking of is Struggle.

BolognaSkater--I believe you get your first Master Ball after you've completed the Gym challenge. You can also win them as the grand prize in the Goldenrod City Radio Tower lottery. It's very rare, of course, because you'd need to match all 5 numbers in any of your Pokemon's OT ID numbers.

As to which Pokemon to use the Master Ball on, I'd say that it is up to you. I'd suggest saving it for the strongest, most ornery, obstinate Pokemon you encounter, just to speed things along (all things depending, maybe Rayquaza or Mewtwo, though these may not be the toughest of all). You might also choose one of the runners, if only to cut the chase short. Or, as dcoughler did, against a Pokemon whose PP are running out and is in danger of knocking itself out.

I'd say you should use your masterbsll at rayquaza, mewtwo is not that hard to catch use dusk ball, or time ball, or throw endless ultra ball, maybe you'lll lose 20 or more ultra balls to catch it, but don't worry, ultra ball is cheap

You can get 1 Master Ball as part of the story (from Prof. Elm) and 1/day (repeatable) by matching every Digit at Goldenrod Radio's Lottery. Lots of trading with different people can really help with the Radio Tower Lottery.

Use Master Balls on:
1. Legendary Pokemon that run away (Raikou, Entei, and Latias/Latios, depending on your Version)
2. Shiny Pokemon that can naturally learn Selfdestruct or Explosion before the Level you encounter them at (such as the members of the Koffing, Geodude, and Voltorb evolution lines)
3. Legendary Pokemon that you are resetting for to get a good Nature and/or Shiny

But how do i get a masterball from proffeser oak