Question from mojack411

How do egg moves work?

I'm want to try to get an Eevee with curse, but I don't really understand egg moves. Is there any way to get the egg move you want or is it just a random occurence? I've never even gotten an egg move before on my other breeded pokemon so I'm a little confused.

Kraleck answered:

Male Pokemon pass certain Moves to the Baby. These include TM, HM, and other Moves the Baby can learn. If both parents know a Move the baby learns via Level Up, it will be born with the Move. Filler Moves are from the base Level Up Moves.

Breeding:
www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

For Eevee with Curse:
www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/133.shtml#curse

You'll need a Male Torkoal, Bidoof, or Bibarel with Curse and a Female Eevee (or Eevee-lution) for the easiest way.
1 0

Answers

ShahMenad answered:

Certain traits can be passed down by parents to their offspring. The mother determines which pokemon hatches from the egg (aside from ditto) and has a 50% chance of passing her nature onto the Egg if she's holding an "Everstone."

However, Egg Moves are something that only the father can exclusively give. So if the move you want to pass is on a female, it'll be impossible. That's most likely your issue. And very few moves can be transferred by breeding. Any move tutor skill is basically nulled as well.

Curse can be transferred, but can be difficult. The easiest way I can think of would be by breeding a Male Bibarel Level 53+ In HG/SS/Plat ONLY with a female Eevee/Eevee Evolution.
0 0

About Egg Moves? Answered King_cai
What are the best moves for a seadra ? Open Rydu_rudy
What Moves Can Be Used Outside Combat? Answered Deviknyte
What do u think of my tangrowth's moves? Open darkrai445
Unique Moves? Answered 22whiterabbit22