Why can't my misdreavus evolve?

1. i catched a misdreavus in HG version and i wanted a mismagius but i didn't have a dusk stone in HG,so i put my misdreavus in Diamond version. So, in diamond, i gave my misdreavus a dusk stone but it doesn't evolve. What's goin' on? Also, if i get a dusk stone in HG and give it to misdreavus, will it evolve even if i dont have the national dex?

User Info: Fancy4Rugal

Fancy4Rugal - 6 years ago

1. Did you USE the Dusk Stone on Misdreavius? If you gave the Dusk Stone for your Pokemon to hold to level up and expect it to evolve, it doesn't work that way. If you gave it to your pokemon, take the dusk stone back and then use the stone on your misdreavius to let it evolve.

You can also buy Dusk Stones from the Pokeathlon shop using Pokeathlete points.

User Info: shinno11

shinno11 (FAQ Author) - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Are you sure you're actually using the Dusk Stone item? You know... choose the item and "Use" on Misdreavus.
    It doesn't work if you actually Give it (a.k.a let it hold) the Dusk Stone.

And it can evolve in HG even if you don't have the National Dex yet. You simply wont be able to read its Pokedex data till you've gotten it.

User Info: MetalKingBoo

MetalKingBoo (Expert) - 6 years ago 2 0