Question from BettsRockman

This is about a lost HM move?

I just want to know i remember in Ruby that there was a HM Move called Dive. But I just got the book Guide but it do not say anything about it So how do u get in the new Soulsilver in Gold?? Do i need to trade it from Ruby to get in if so do the pal park have to have Wi Fi becuase I only have DSL from cox with no Wi fi at home. plz Help? Why can u not cut the grass in this one like u can in the other game when u used cut?

MizYin answered:

Dive is not required in these two new games. The only HM's that you need are the ones that they give you. :D Unfortunately, you've gotta deal with Defog now, but other than that....[Hey, ALL of them are better than Flash, right?! :D]

As for the cutting the grass part...I think they were just being mean so they took it out. D:
2 0

Answers

sonictrainer answered:

Not all HMs from each game are every game. In the original Gold and Silver, Dive wasn't introduced yet. Now only a few Pokemon can use Dive and I believe it can be taught by using a move tutor.
1 0

bradster7893 answered:

Dive was a stupid idea. How the hell can someone survive underwater just because their pokemon can? Its replaced with Whirlpool, which is far better for railroading and makes a bit more sense (though admittedly not much).

As for Cut, the only people who used that option were people who were too scared of the level 9 hoothoots in order to try and just choose the Run option every time. Seriously, you're spending more time cutting grass than going through it and running from every battle. If you want to avoid encounters that badly, jsut turn on the lullaby from your radio and actually walk.
0 0