Question from RomosoThe74th

Which pokemon should I use the master ball on? (Spoilers)

I don't know which pokemon I should use my master ball for.

It's either the Ho-oh (the one from SS) or Mewtwo.

thursdaybeast answered:

I would suggest using it on one of the roaming pokemon as it is annoying trying to track them down and keep them in the fight in order to catch them. For those two just save before you engage them and if you fail to catch it try again, however the roaming pokemon you can't do that with since they will just change location on you.
7 2

Answers

DemondatArms answered:

Niether if you have a Skarmory with a lot of Defence and Sp. Defence and Lv. 63 and holds Metal Coat, it could survive Ho-Oh's Sacrid Fire. Use Steel Wing twice then use an Ultra Ball. That's how I caught Ho-Oh.

For Mewtwo I use 2 Legendary Birds, Zapdos and Articuno. I can't remember what I did. But I remember using an Ultra Ball or Dusk Ball. It took me 2 or 3 times, but I remeber catching him. That's all I remember. Hope this helps. ^_^
1 13

RizuRukia answered:

Personally I would use the master ball on Ho-oh.That is how I caught mine in my Soulsilver.
0 6

shadow0501 answered:

Masterball not needed its just for the quick win but personally i think mewtwo is the one that you should pick to catch it with because of its annoying moves like guard swap and power swap but doesnt have as much cahnce to kill you as ho oh since ho oh got stab for using sacred fire and that stuff and the only attack mewtwo got is psycho cut but it does got amensia its up to you depends on what you find more annoying but i would pcik mewtwo since i would have a lugia which can stand up to ho-oh
0 4

thursdaybeast answered:

So Entei or Raikou.
0 2

RMK1379 answered:

Do not use it on any of them i still have my master ball and i used ultra ball on those. mewtwo took me 50 ultra balls.
2 1

DarkLerahk answered:

You can catch Mewtwo without much headache by using dusk balls, although if you want a specific nature and won't settle for anything else, you might as well save, use your master ball, check the nature, and restart the game if it does not have the nature you want. I would recommend saving it, though it is a good idea to check the nature before you save the game. For Ho-oh, you can pretty much do the same thing by waiting until night time and just using dusk balls, (which you can buy at the Saffron city pokemart.) I would just save it for the roaming pokemon: Entei, Raikou, and Latios/Latias. Hope this helped.
0 1

DemondatArms answered:

Oh I forgot to say you need A LOT of Attack(140) cause Ho-Oh's Defence is problably the weakest stat... yeah its Defence is the weakest. My Ho-Oh's Lv. 77 and it's Defence is 155, lower than it's Speed(169). So if you want to use a Steel attack, it could do half damage to Ho-Oh. And for Mewtwo I mistakely said 2 Legendary birds. I now remember catching Moltres with Poke Ball and Mewtwo with Ultra Ball. hope this helps ^_^
0 1

neb555 answered:

I caught all of the legendaries in this game without a master ball. Ho-oh and Mewtwo can be frustrating fights because they keep breaking out, but just get a pokemon with good defense and health and weaken them and you can just keep chucking ultra and dusk balls to try catching them. In addition, if you are going to use it on a legend, I'd suggest using it on one of the three pokemon that flee (Entei, Raikou, Latios), because the chance of catching them is about the same, except you have to run across the map every time instead of being able to throw another ball again.

I'd suggest saving it for a rainy day. I once found a shiny geodude, but I didn't have a masterball, and it used self destruct before I could catch it.
1 2

Jamey23 answered:

Surely a Lugia or Ho-oh Because their the most important Pokemon's in the Game
0 6

zteela answered:

USE ULTRA BALLS ON MEWT00! IT'S WAY EASIEr!
0 6

NUB596 answered:

Don't use your masterball. Use it to a roaming Pokemon. Ok first bring a pokemon with a move that can paralyze and another pokemon that have false swipe. first paralyze the pokemon you want to catch it makes it easier. second you attack it by false swipes as many as possible (The pokemon won't faint when you attack it by falseswipe, it will only leave one hp.) Then use your ultra balls. if you ran out of ultra balls timer balls will be very useful.
1 1

jc5_69 answered:

well search for a pokemon who knows sleep powder or something that sleep the enemy and put the foe HP LOW so you can thow ultra balls and not waste the master ball
2 2

Dusk277 answered:

I would say Ho-Oh. Its not in a cave so Dusk Balls can't be used anytime. Also your pokemon are not even near level 70 when you first can catch him but will be a lot closer to 70 when reaching Mewtwo and would be easier to weaken him. Lastly this is what I did just thinking about having a headache with Mewtwo later but lucky me caught Mewtwo on the first try with my 1 hit to red Scizor then 1 Dusk Ball. It was funny. =) Or use it on a roaming Pokemon like NUB596, neb555, DarkLerahk, and thursdaybeast suggested since they will eventually get away from you multiple times most likely.
0 4

jadefw answered:

Latios and latias are alot harder to track then entei and raikou i caught them w/ dusk balls. use a strong pokemon w/ false swipe and then use the snorlax from vermillion city to block them. they actually dont roar often.

so use masterball on the eon pokemon
0 4

MLKSHKgo1 answered:

Mewtwo, I catch Ho-oH with 20 ultra balls (lvl 70) and I cant catch mewtwo without it
0 3

gumsalyer answered:

Ok this is basicly it...I didn't use it until Groudon, Kyorgre becaues those are supposed to be one of the harder of all the other legendarys. (According to marriland.pokemon.com, Whitch is all true from that website connsidering they copied all of it for the strategy guides) So i would recomend Groudon (S.S) or Kyorgre (H.G.)
0 3

Emi3280 answered:

On Mew.
0 5

Jackz_Guyz answered:

On the hardest pokemon to catch
0 4

mnkysprn answered:

I say Mewtwo. All others can be caught using other balls.

I have caught Entei/Raikou/Lati@s using the Speed balls. Lugia/Ho-oh/Rayquaza using Ultra, Groudon with Heavy, Kyogre/Suicune with Net.
0 2

WolfUrameshi answered:

Use it on high-level Pokemans like Mewtwo. When catching the legendaries, use Ultra balls or specialized balls like Speed and Dusk balls. Bring a Wobbuffet with Shadow Tag- they'll never run. Make sure it has high defenses so you can use Counter and Mirror Coat accordingly- that way when they're critical you can start catching. Unconventional, but it works.
0 1

ballsofsteel696 answered:

Personally i have HG and I had used my master ball on Lugia because it toke me about 64 ultra balls and 12 other random ones while i got mewtwo in 2 ultra balls. just experiment on the stationary legends and see how hard then decide.
0 2

pokemaster013 answered:

Well it all depends on what pokemon is your favirite if you have soul silver like me than you might want to use it on ho-oh because he's level 70 but i caught him with a ultra ball but it took 7 time restarting the game.So if i were you i would use it on Ho-oh because mewtwo is ok but Ho-oh is a whole lot stronger.
0 2

GottchuPikachu answered:

I suggest you wait on using them for the roaming legendaries .
0 1

need2playgba answered:

I'd either use the master ball on one of the roaming pokemon(Entei, Raikou, Latios)or on Lugia. I used my master ball on Lugia. He/she is a legendary.
0 1

teddykill answered:

Ho-oh, they both have the same catch rate(3), and you can use dusk balls on mewtwo cos he's in a cave, ho-oh's not. And an ultra ball doubles the catch rate, a dusk ball quadruples it. Use it on ho-oh, he's in the undusked open.
0 1

ikego98 answered:

I used mine on Ho-oh ONLY because I found the shiny by soft reseting.
0 2

magoichi770 answered:

dude it dosn t mader i would get mew2 I got ho oh wit a fastball
0 1

pichufreak answered:

Id use it on Groudon or Rayquaza because they're the ones after u beat Red while u can catch Ho-oh and Mewtwo easily with ultra balls and the roaming dogs with fast balls suicune with net balls and lugia with ultra balls and heavy balls.
0 2

Ryuenden answered:

I would say save it For mewtwo just bust out a sneasel its dark type makes it immune to its psyco cut and then just false swipe it down to size and just spam ultra balls for ho-oh use a electric type to paralyze it whittle it down use false swipe to secure that 1 hp help and switch to a rock type or better yet a fire type with flash fire so sacred fire does nothing. I used mine to catch my eon pokemon just because it was irritating me.
1 2

Leonhart_94 answered:

I would never use a Masterball. I've only used one in one game. Keep it for something worth the glory of a masterball.
1 1

jadefw answered:

Mewtwo only has one damaging move its very easy to catch
0 1

Lighjing answered:

Well what you could do not to use master ball, Have a level 60-100 Scyther that knows false swipe, or you could use Gengar. Then false swipe until it's HP is to the lowest.(Doesn't kill so don't worry) Then use Ultra ball(Dusk ball if in cave.) and you've got a legendary.
0 1

The_Judge_Man answered:

To directly answer you question, if you absolutely must use it, I would say Mewtwo simply for the factor of time and work to get to him.
Other than that, as many have said, keep it for a legendary that roams, like Entei, Raikou, or Latios (SS). Even better, save it for a shiny. Since the shiny is such a rare occurrence, you may not have a party in that can catch anything (example: exp grinding in a high-level area like Mt. Silver).
As far as everyone's strategy for catching, it depends, but the tried and true one for me is saving directly before the battle, using Gengar's Hypnosis, and Scyther for false swipe. Sleeping them keeps them from using their moves as much, allowing you more chances with balls. I also used Dragonite with Thunder Wave if Hypnosis doesn't seem to stick. Putting in a rock/ground type like Golem or the like against Zapdos equals almost immediate win due to Ancientpower and Discharge being it's only two offensive moves. I'm not even going to get into what ball to use (UGH!) I caught Suicune and Moltres with POKEBALLS.
While I'm at it--you need surf to get to Zapdos (Power Plant), Surf and Strength to get to Articuno (Seafoam), and Rock Climb, Surf, and Waterfall to get to Moltres (Mt. Silver). I believe Flash, Surf, and Rock Smash to get to Mewtwo (Cerulean Cave). Surf, Whirlpool, Flash, and Strength for Lugia. No HMs for Ho-Oh. And of course, all of the in-game requirements.
2 1

espio999 answered:

Any Legendary but Kyogre or Groudon; every legendary other than them has a catch rate of 3, which is the lowest possible. (In a nutshell, a catch rate is a # from 3 to 255 that determines how easy it is to catch that species, among other factors.)
0 1

espio999 answered:

my bad, the pokemon with a catch rate of 3 and are the hardest to catch are as follows:
144 Articuno
145 Zapdos
146 Moltres
150 Mewtwo
243 Raikou
244 Entei
245 Suicune
249 Lugia
250 Ho-Oh
374 Beldum
375 Metang
376 Metagross
377 Regirock
378 Regice
379 Registeel
380 Latias
381 Latios
384 Rayquaza
385 Jirachi
386 Deoxys
480 Uxie
481 Mesprit
482 Azelf
485 Heatran
486 Regigigas
487 Giratina
488 Cresselia
490 Manaphy
491 Darkrai
493 Arceus
All of these pokemon are equally difficult to catch, if they were the same lvl. (lvl factors into the catching equation)
2 0

zantar7 answered:

I would say use it on Ho-oh. Some people find Mewtwo to be cheap and that can be enough to go the other way. Just depends on the type of person you are i guess. Plus theres only one and Mewtwo is in both games so it makes it more of an exclusive thing that you have.
0 1

lolmiester answered:

Look many people say not to use it on main pokemon but on mew two but its all lined up i justed used it on lugia (or ho-oh) its hard to catch so just use it one it
0 1

YeloPgsAdict answered:

Personally, I think you should save your Masterball for Entei or Raikou. They run away, and going through the effort to catch them more than once isn't fun. If you already have them and you still have the Master Ball and have those two, you should use it on Ho-Oh, because it's a version exclusive. But the choice between those two isn't a major one.
0 1

gregar2001 answered:

actually you don't need to use master ball to catch legendary pokemons - save it for shiny ones. for the high level, stationary pokemons like Ho-oh or Mewtwo, i suggest you should have a good def pokemon, quite a lot of healing items and at least 30+ balls (the chance increase if your pokemon has higher lvl and HP). dusk ball is recommended as it has 3.5 times higher chance at night or in a cave(of coz you can consider fast balls and heavy balls). use a pokemon that can disable like gengar (i used it to catch almost all the legendary pokemons). for the roaming pokemons, one trick is you just keep flying to the same city, then check the pokegear until it comes nearby. any pokemon which has ability or moves like Arena Trap, Shadow Tag or Mean Look, Block, etc. is useful. reduce the pokemon's health as low as possible with sleeping or frozen status. the last factor is your luck :).
0 1

sirhumptydumpty answered:

Use it on the legendary dogs Entei + Raikou not Suicine and any other pokemon that run away.
0 1

Jb360FireDragon answered:

Use the master ball on the pokemon you think you'll have the most trouble on.
0 1

zurcn answered:

I personally try to catch all legendaries on Premier Balls
0 1

azn_p3rsuation answered:

I would go for mewtwo

Considering its the strongest one
0 1

GuideToTheDark answered:

Save it for a shiny that you're not absolutely positive you can catch otherwise. Shinies are worth a whole lot in the trading scene.
0 1

Shaymin1795 answered:

I used it on Latios. I caught Raikou and Entei with Dusk Balls and caught Ho-Oh, Articuno, Zapdos, SUicune and Mewtwo with Ultra Balls. I caught Groudon and Rayquaza with Heavy Balls. Latios has a 3% catch rate anyways so I'd use it on him.
0 1

Shaymin1795 answered:

Following my question from above, I found a shiny Bellsprout on my Safar i Zone and I caught it with only one Safari Zone ^_^ I'm quite happy its my first shiny since FOREVER.
0 1

lenmen159 answered:

Neither i would pick groudon
1 1

SilveRevlis answered:

Use it on rattata or pidgey
0 2

Koopabros answered:

Any pokemon that runs around. (Entei,Rikou,Lati@s, etc.)
0 1

Master Ball? Answered Klonoa2594
What to use my master ball on? Open SalamenceZZZ
Master Ball(s!)? Answered chelsea067
Where can I find (master ball)? Open DeformedLink
Can Kurt make a master ball?? Answered alyssarules01