Status effect (and how they affect catch rates)?

1. Are there different rates of capture for each individual staus effect?
    Meaning, can a pokemon be caught easier if it is sleeping or paralyzed then burned or poisoned (obviously these two options run risk of death but still).

Is sleep more effective then paralysis on Legendary pokemon?

Does confusion have any effect on capturing a pokemon?

Is there some sort of calculation that I don't know of...and then after all that, I DO know that pokeballs have a specific percentage that gets calculated into the whole rest of the process but I don't know the percentages there either...anyone have any sort of help the can offer/direct me to??

User Info: Sporkenmier

Sporkenmier - 6 years ago

1. Freeze and Sleep have double the capture strength of paralysis, burn, and poison. This doesn't mean that you have a double chance of catching the pokemon if it's sleeping compared to paralyzed, but status is part of the complex formula for catching pokemon, discussed in more depth at serebii.net/games/capture.shtml

Basically, the best way to catch a pokemon is to have it at low health, use a strong pokeball, and have it either frozen of sleeping. Since there's no move which specifically freezes your opponent without doing damage, your best bet would be to have a pokemon which can use spore/hypnosis/sleep powder.

User Info: neb555

neb555 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. I don't know that there is a specific calculation, but I do know this don't poison or burn a pokemon you want to capture not only does this not help catch rate it may also kill the pokemon , sleep and paralysis are what I usually do but I think freezing helps catch rate the most, also no confusion does nothing

User Info: WillpowerXG

WillpowerXG - 6 years ago 0 0