Can you get previous gen Pokemon before National Dex?

1. I've seen a couple of videos where there are people who have Pokemon like Zangoose, Latios, Latias and Vibrava which you can't get in the Dream World before they obtained the National Dex. I've read that you can't get previous gen Pokemon that are not in the Dream World until you beat the game the first time. I'm confused here.

User Info: nacholibre92

nacholibre92 - 5 years ago

1. If you don't have a National Dex, you can only get last Gen Pokemon via Trade, or in the Dream World. It's impossible, otherwise. However, if you get the National Dex after having last Gen Pokemon, the Pokemon's data will be pre-recorded for you.

User Info: InkSpell432

InkSpell432 - 4 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. No, you have to finish the game story and also have to have the national dex. Only then can you get previous gen games, you have to go into a builiding called pokeshifter.

User Info: naz_bee

naz_bee - 5 years ago 1 0
  2. I think they use action replay cheats

User Info: supervladutz

supervladutz - 5 years ago 0 1
  3. You need to beat ghetsis and get the national dex before any pokemon can from other generations can be encountered. After the national dex, pokemon from other regions can be captured using the poke transfer, and some are rare in the wild.

User Info: destroy_ad_12

destroy_ad_12 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. It's not possible on your own, but if you have previous gen Pokemon on another already finished Black/White game, it is possible to trade these over to the game without the National dex. (Friend abused my game to trade a ludicrously breeded Cubone and Taillow to his game after the 2nd gym)

User Info: Hira_Kyris

Hira_Kyris - 5 years ago 1 0
  5. If you use negotiations and get lucky you can.

User Info: xxrockman13xx

xxrockman13xx - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. I just used dream world for the first time, and i know have a lvl. 10 mareep, and i am still in striation city for the first time, so yes it is possible, i suppose

User Info: djosepher

djosepher - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. Actually, you can get previous generation Pokemon from the DW. I got a Misdreavus and a Skorupi there.

User Info: SirEevee

SirEevee - 4 years ago 1 0
  8. Hira is right. I got bored of the gen 5 pokemon in game so I trade other pokemon like swablu, lucario, starmie, etc.. Frommy brothers completed game file. so yes its possible if you trade.

User Info: Derkpharocy

Derkpharocy - 4 years ago 1 0
  9. Yes using the dreamworld ^_^

User Info: riekotz

riekotz - 4 years ago 0 0
  10. Yes by trading other users or from the Dream World. In BW1 you only find previous pokemon after you beat the Elite 4.

User Info: bandit_wolf

bandit_wolf (Expert) - 3 years ago 0 0
  11. Actually, yes! You can.

You can search up the GTS Negotiations. I got a Shiny Mewtwo through the GTC, and I didn't have a National Pokedex yet. Now I do, but it's possible!

User Info: MangoDolphin

MangoDolphin - 3 years ago 0 0