Question from TheBoxinator

How do I get a Dream World ability?

I'm not very far into the game, but I want to know if you can get Pokemon that were caught in Unova their Dream World ability. I want my Oshawott to have the Shell Armor ability as soon as possible if I can. The more details the better, thanks!

TheBoxinator provided additional details:

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to wait a while, so I'm leaving this question open, but nobody answer until more info is available.

Now that the Dream World is finally open to all, could someone tell me how to get my starter pokemon its Dream World Ability?

JAD084 answered:

Dream World was supposed to be open on March 30 for the english version, but sadly, because of the earthquake, there had been some issue. New date will be announced www.pokemon-gl.com/

Now if you have the Japanese version, just check www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/ja.html and a letter in Japanese will pop up. If you have google chrome, it can translate the letter for you. If not, then just copy the letter and translate it on google.com/translate.
Hope this helps! :)
2 0

Answers

FinalFlames answered:

You can't sadly so you need to wait and hope Japan get's better so the online dream world works the way it should
2 0

swatbot answered:

Go to game sync on the C gear then choose a pokemon. good luck :)
0 0

ellis123 answered:

You cannot get the Pokemon from Unova without an event going on giving them away. They are not available in the dream world otherwise.
1 1

mnkysprn answered:

Shell Armor is useless. Keep Torrent for competitive battles, even though the Oshawott line is out classed by many other water types.

The best 5th gen starter DW ability is Snivy's followed by Tepig (only if you want to make a glass cannon even more fragile).

Dream World Abilities for any of the starters aren't available until a event specifying the starter you want is started. Also you have to befriend a new starter in DW to get the new ability, menaing you have start over training a new starter.
1 2

Tensuda answered:

Dream World abilities are abilities from Pokemon you obtained from the Dream World. You cannot transfer them onto already existing Pokemon, meaning you cannot give your Oshawott Shell Armour.

You'd have to stumble across an Oshawott in the Dream World (when one is added to the available pokemon you can encounter) and have it come home with you from the Dream World, or hope there's and event involving an Oshawott having it's hidden ability (where you'd just need to download it).

You access the dreamworld by making an account on "en.pokemon-gl.com/", entering Game Sync on your copy of Black and registering the ID given onto your account on that site, putting your Pokemon to sleep via Game Sync, then running the Dream World. Pokemon in the Dreamworld will have their Hidden Ability (if they have one). It is the only way to obtain these abilities besides trading, breeding (from one with the ability to begin with) or getting one from an event.

So unfortunately, your Oshawott will never be able to prevent criticals, but it's possible to get one that can, by befriending one on the Dreamworld.
1 0