Question from SoulSovereign

Where do the professors get the starter pokemon from?

I've been wondering for ages where the professors (professor elm, oak, juniper etc.) get the starter pokemon from when you can't catch it in the wild. o.O

Austyn158 answered:

It's referanced in the Manga, and TV show that each professer has a secret location where their starter pokemon are bred. The location is kept secret to avoid attraction from people like Team Rocket and Etc.
3 1

Answers

pkmnluvaforeva answered:

Lol funny question. i do wonder that too. I'd say they catch all of that species kind and thats why they get to let every single person in the world to have a starter pokemon. :P
0 1

freak_pokemon answered:

I guess she magically gets them. In the show (anime), they always say that the starter pokemon are rare and the habitats are unknown (yeah, and thats why Ash always finds them). Anyways, so I guess they want us pokefans to apply that to the games. If I had to guess though, she probably just breeds a million eggs a year and then she gives out 999,999 starters, and then breeeds again (lol) but she got the first three from sheer luck, Sorry I can't help, but this is the best conclusion I can form~

>.<
freak_pokemon
0 1

SAIYAN48 answered:

It's a mystery. Maybe they use ar codes to get them.
0 1

Kitazaki_san answered:

Forcing the poor starters to breed over, and over... Well, you get the point
3 1

mariotoad7 answered:

I don't exactly know where they get them, but Austyn158's answer sounds sense. What I do know is that you cannot get them in the wild, but you can get them by trading with someone who has one of the other starter Pokemon.
0 1

darfire answered:

I have to agree with kit and austyn because they can be breed but are found no where else
0 1

zoroark21 answered:

They have super secret breeding grounds,where starters are bred.
0 1

chaosbraker5000 answered:

They actually have an island off the coast of each region that has a massive field of starters for that region. and the mate them constantly to keep the pokemon starters population numbers up. and this is done all in secret.(so you won't be able to get all starters without trading someone else.)
1 2

chaosbraker5000 answered:

True story!!
1 2

zsb1998 answered:

Certain breeders across each region are given the job to hatch eggs that starter pokemon eventually become.
0 1

TSB-G answered:

That question bugs the hell out of me too. I wish the creaters had made it rare to run into them (just like running into shiny pokemon).
0 1

2kman answered:

Charmander came from Charicific Valley most likely
1 0

NarutoAxel3 answered:

But in the anime,the reason why Ash and other trainers can find them in the wild is cuz it's not really an island.You don't think they live at the secret place all their lives do you?

They do get released into the wild once they've become Fully Evolved as young trainers cant use them.Then these Fully Evolved Pokemon mate with other Fully Evolved Pokemon of the same species.
1 0

Cropod answered:

The Prof.(s) just go to Game Freak in Castelia and ask the designer to make random copys of the starters...
0 0

aya_valentine answered:

Good question. Unfortunately, in the games there is no answer given. I don't believe the subject is ever brought up, in fact.
0 0

GalladetheGreat answered:

It's a mystery.
0 0

InkSpell432 answered:

"The world may never know..."
0 0

Lunarace answered:

A secret starter island.
0 0