Where do the professors get the starter pokemon from?

1. I've been wondering for ages where the professors (professor elm, oak, juniper etc.) get the starter pokemon from when you can't catch it in the wild. o.O

User Info: SoulSovereign

SoulSovereign - 5 years ago

1. It's referanced in the Manga, and TV show that each professer has a secret location where their starter pokemon are bred. The location is kept secret to avoid attraction from people like Team Rocket and Etc.

User Info: Austyn158

Austyn158 - 5 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. Lol funny question. i do wonder that too. I'd say they catch all of that species kind and thats why they get to let every single person in the world to have a starter pokemon. :P

User Info: pkmnluvaforeva

pkmnluvaforeva - 5 years ago 0 1
  2. I guess she magically gets them. In the show (anime), they always say that the starter pokemon are rare and the habitats are unknown (yeah, and thats why Ash always finds them). Anyways, so I guess they want us pokefans to apply that to the games. If I had to guess though, she probably just breeds a million eggs a year and then she gives out 999,999 starters, and then breeeds again (lol) but she got the first three from sheer luck, Sorry I can't help, but this is the best conclusion I can form~

>.<
    freak_pokemon

User Info: freak_pokemon

freak_pokemon - 5 years ago 0 1
  3. It's a mystery. Maybe they use ar codes to get them.

User Info: SAIYAN48

SAIYAN48 - 5 years ago 0 1
  4. Forcing the poor starters to breed over, and over... Well, you get the point

User Info: Kitazaki_san

Kitazaki_san (Expert) - 5 years ago 3 1
  5. I don't exactly know where they get them, but Austyn158's answer sounds sense. What I do know is that you cannot get them in the wild, but you can get them by trading with someone who has one of the other starter Pokemon.

User Info: mariotoad7

mariotoad7 - 5 years ago 0 1
  6. I have to agree with kit and austyn because they can be breed but are found no where else

User Info: darfire

darfire - 5 years ago 0 1
  7. They have super secret breeding grounds,where starters are bred.

User Info: zoroark21

zoroark21 - 5 years ago 0 1
  8. They actually have an island off the coast of each region that has a massive field of starters for that region. and the mate them constantly to keep the pokemon starters population numbers up. and this is done all in secret.(so you won't be able to get all starters without trading someone else.)

User Info: chaosbraker5000

chaosbraker5000 - 5 years ago 1 2
  9. True story!!

User Info: chaosbraker5000

chaosbraker5000 - 5 years ago 1 2
  10. Certain breeders across each region are given the job to hatch eggs that starter pokemon eventually become.

User Info: zsb1998

zsb1998 - 5 years ago 0 1
  11. That question bugs the hell out of me too. I wish the creaters had made it rare to run into them (just like running into shiny pokemon).

User Info: TSB-G

TSB-G - 5 years ago 0 1
  12. Charmander came from Charicific Valley most likely

User Info: 2kman

2kman - 5 years ago 1 0
  13. But in the anime,the reason why Ash and other trainers can find them in the wild is cuz it's not really an island.You don't think they live at the secret place all their lives do you?

They do get released into the wild once they've become Fully Evolved as young trainers cant use them.Then these Fully Evolved Pokemon mate with other Fully Evolved Pokemon of the same species.

User Info: NarutoAxel3

NarutoAxel3 - 5 years ago 1 0
  14. The Prof.(s) just go to Game Freak in Castelia and ask the designer to make random copys of the starters...

User Info: Cropod

Cropod - 4 years ago 0 0
  15. Good question. Unfortunately, in the games there is no answer given. I don't believe the subject is ever brought up, in fact.

User Info: aya_valentine

aya_valentine - 4 years ago 0 0
  16. It's a mystery.

User Info: GalladetheGreat

GalladetheGreat - 4 years ago 0 0
  17. "The world may never know..."

User Info: InkSpell432

InkSpell432 - 4 years ago 0 0
  18. A secret starter island.

User Info: Lunarace

Lunarace - 4 years ago 0 0