Review by ir_you

"Worth the money"

Another couple of Pokemon games to add to the series, and this review of mine is to tell you what's in the game that I find impressive...

TRIPLE BATTLES
Me being an RPG fan, Pokemon is a great game franchise and all.....but there seriously needed to be more to the battles ever since Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I'm glad Game Freak finally decided to make the battles more interesting, most people would say it's a bit overkill, but I say it has a way of forcing you to take strategic methods when in a Triple Battle, and therefore, the Triple Battles are one of many things that have impressed me. Never tried Rotation Battles before, by the way...

C-GEAR
Another thing that amazed me (it seems I easily get amused). Doesn't matter where you are in the game, just switch on your C-Gear and you're ready to trade Pokemon!

IMPROVED TIME SYSTEM
The same system that utilized Day/Night is now doing the same for seasons. Again, I'm impressed...all thanks to this add-on, Pokemon just took another step towards reality.

MORE POKEMON!!!
649, to be exact.....only thing that disappointed me was the fact that in order to get Pokemon onto Black and White from the older games, you HAVE to beat the Elite 4 first. Meh, I suppose I can live with that...

FRIENDS
Yes, thank you, Game Freak, for finally putting an end to hooking us up with a goody-two-shoes rival! You actually have two friends named Cheren and Bianca, well, okay, they're similar to in-game rivals, but the only thing that makes them different: They treat you like an actual friend!

IMPROVED BATTLE SYSTEM?
Wasn't sure on what to name this one, but I like the fact that in every battle you do against a Gym Leader, you ACTUALLY have to think before you make a move. Like the first one for example! He was pretty hard! I know it makes me sound like a weenie, but whatever starter Pokemon you pick, the first gym leader's Pokemon has it's weakness. For example: I picked Snivy as my starter Pokemon, so the gym leader's Pokemon was a Fire type.

---------------
OVERALL
---------------
According to all these impressive new goodies in the game, my overall rating for Pokemon Black/White would have to be an 8.5 out of 10. Pokemon Black and White left me saying, "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

If you're a pretty big fan of RPGs, and/or you're willing to play any RPG title regardless of what age group they're aimed at, or you're just a Pokemon fan looking for more thrills, then I strongly recommend either one of these games!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/11

Game Release: Pokemon Black Version (US, 03/06/11)