Question from Sk8ersk3

Best pokemon to catch a pokemon?

I'm tired of false swiping the other to one HP only to have them continue breaking out of my balls. I need a solid pokemon with a status afflicting move for paralysis, sleep, etc. while still learning false swipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I only know of Parasect and possibly Absol. Thanks in advance. :)

dcoughler answered:

In HeartGold, I used a Gallade with Hypnosis and False Swipe. In White, I'm paralyzing them using Thunder Wave from Zebstrika, then swapping in my False Swipe pokemon to finish the job.

Pawniard can learn Thunder Wave and False Swipe, so you might use on of those.
1 0

Answers

WolfPulse answered:

Why don't you get an Axew (which will get false swipe at level 24), and then get the Toxic TM and give it to Axew. Toxic can be found on Route 17.
0 1

KdanZero answered:

If you have access to Ruby, catch a Zangoose and get the move tutor at the Battle Frontier on that game to give it Thunder Wave. Then, transfer it over to your White and teach it False Swipe (which it gets STAB on) to get a great False Swipe Pokemon.
1 0

eazeaz3 answered:

I would say that Gallade would be a good pick, because it is a Psychic Type, which tend to be good pokemon all around, (in my opinion). And Hypnosis is great, as well as being able to learn False Swipe, AND be able to hold its own in regular pokemon battles with those moves as well as others, makes Gallade a smashing choice.
0 0