How do I know when my EVs are maxed out for a stat?

1. When I use something like a Calcium and theres no effect?

User Info: Ineedcheats7229

Ineedcheats7229 - 5 years ago

Answers

1. in Opelucid City, there is a girl, who will check the EVs of your Pokemon ( I forgot where there ). She will inform you if one of your Pokemon's stats are all maxed.

User Info: gelopicio

gelopicio - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. If you're talking about the EV of a single stat, there is no good way to know when it's been maxed out other than keeping track of the EP you gather. The point at which items like Calcium stop being able to raise it further is NOT when the EV has truly maxed out; in fact, those items stop working at less than half the maximum.

User Info: Poryhedron

Poryhedron - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. For EV checking, a nice failsafe is to keep track of the number of times you used a certain move (provided it's 100% accuracy). I know this isn't what you're asking, but it's just to make sure you don't go over the limit you want.

Basically, the new feature of Wings in B/W allow a single stat to increase 1, regardless of the current EV stat total (and will only have "no effect" if the EV is maxed, or if the 510 limit is reached). Thus, when you reach a certain level, you can use wings to check how far away you are from the 255 limit on one stat. Doesn't work so well for when the intention is to have a middling EV spread like 100-150 or something, but good for when you want to make sure you use those last 6 EV points.

Also, for clarification, items like Protein stop increasing stats when the EV points in a stat hit 100.

User Info: Whirlwind57

Whirlwind57 - 5 years ago 0 0