Question from ttimmoo

Can chomp evolve in level 30?

Hello everyone,
can chomp still evolve if he is level 30 because people say he can't and other peaple say he can.
And now I'm confused. :)

fallenaeon0 asked for clarification:

I'm stumped with this one. I have a level 30 petdozer. His exp bar has been stuck at about 75% forever. I read your answer and watched the videos and so I've kept using him to take and deal damage and it's still at the exact same spot. Then I got to the two rooms that you were in with the laser beam and the three enemies and spent about 30 minutes going back and forth having him take damage, and then killing all those enemies with Drill 'em Mister. Still the progress bar is in the exact same spot.

Idonaho asked for clarification:

@fallenaeon0

I think it may been better if you had brought up this case on the board, but in any case. In the video Petdozer was given cookies and video games to the max limit. Seeing as how you can't seem to unlock the next form I would say there's a high chance that there's probably a limit as to how much the bar will increase from dealing/taking damage. If that's the case then you probably did not give Petdozer enough cookies and video games before it hit level 30. It might be still possible to give him cookies and video games if you haven't tried yet, but I highly doubt that will work

Answers

Idonaho answered:

I've answered a similar question like this one here before, but last time I wasn't so sure about it. However, I'm now about 90% certain to say that I'm right, and I've also provided you visual proof below.

Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouucxlNY__8
Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tk6ZjmevJA

They're both 10 minutes long. I'll just save you time and try to summarize what I did here. I started with Chomp's baby form Ravenous and leveled it straight from level 1 to level 30 using only Boxing Gloves. I was unable to unlock Winged Avenger during that process with about 2/3 of the bar towards unlocking. Then I gave Ravenous one of every item (save for the jump rope, squash, treasure chest, and present). Ravenous showed no signs of increase to the bar. Then I gave it two full screens of rice, which is the required item used to unlock Winged Avenger. The bar still did not increase at all. Then I made a second experiment using Petdozer. I leveled Petdozer straight from level 1 to the 20's using only video games and cookies. The progress bar for unlocking Elite Guard eventually stopped at about 2/3 the way (again). After that I gave it one of each item, and again, it showed no signs of moving. I kept doing this until level 30 with no signs of increases. Then I had Petdozer give/take large amounts of damage and in the end I eventually unlocked Elite Guard. In conclusion, I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Chomp can not unlock forms at level 30, and this probably applies to all other forms with the one and only exception for Elite Guard. The reason why Elite Guard is an exception is because it likes to give/take damage which increases the bar towards unlocking, as to what extent it would go on for I'm not sure. The bar halts at level 30 via giving Chomp items, but you don't have to give it items for Elite Guard. This is reason why people have been saying one way or the other is mainly because many, many, people have expressed problems with unlocking forms, mainly Elite Guard, while the Elite Guard is the one exception of all forms

tl;dr
No you can not unlock any forms at level 30 unless it's Petdozer -> Elite Guard
1 0