Review by LittleWinky

"Fun to play over and over again."

Ice Climbers first came out in 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. This game is a direct port of that Nintendo version, for the new Game Boy Advanced add-on called the e-Reader. That means that they didn't change anything for the Gameboy version, it is the same thing as the Nintendo game. And believe me, Nintendo really didn't need to change anything, Ice Climbers is a great game already. Here is what I thought:

GRAPHICS: 5

Well what do you expect for a NES game? This game, of course, has horrible, out-dated graphics compared to the next-gen consoles out today. Every game that is going to the e-Reader that was on the NES first is going to have horrible graphics. But, still, these are some classic graphics.

SOUND: 5

Just like the graphics, they are out-dated. But, also again, they are classic. The jump noise is so classic!

GAMEPLAY: 10

Very, very addictive. This gameplay never gets old. Level after Level of fun, a bonus level after a couple of levels, then more levels, while having fun playing this game. Most NES games have this type of gameplay, and that is why so many are classics, and that is also why Nintendo is re-making them for the e-Reader.

FUN: 10

A game that is very addictive, such as this one, is usually fun. This is no exception. This is a very fun game to play, and even more fun multiplayer. And, you will also have fun knowing that you are saving so much money, since this is only 3 dollars!!!

VALUE: 11

In my reviews I don't usually review the game's value. But, since this is an e-Reader game, and since it is ONLY 3 DOLLARS, I have to write about it. And, you have probably noticed by now that I have also broke the score barrier by one point. That is because this game is a HUGE value. It's really, really worth it. Just like any other e-Reader game.

LASTING APPEAL: 10

You will be playing an additictive game such as this for months. It's just really fun to play. You could sit somewhere for hours and just play this game. And multiplayer is even better to this score. I'd recommend having a friend who has this game too because this game is even better multiplayer.

GRAPHICS: 5
SOUND: 5
GAMEPLAY: 10
FUN: 10
LASTING APPEAL: 10

OVERALL: 9

A game that is this cheap and fun is worth it. You will be doing yourself a favor buying it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/03, Updated 07/07/03