Review by y2kar

"The classic is STILL a classic"

Sound:
Well what can I say? The sound could use some work here and there but overall it's pretty good. The only problem is that sometimes the sound effects don't blend in with the music. It's also annoying to hear the same music in almost every level. They should have changed the music as each level passes. This is in fact the worst part of the game. If you ever get tired listening to the library of like 3 pieces, turn off the volume and put some headphones on. Of course doing so also mutes the sound effects which is something we don't want.

7/10

Graphics:
Well...its on Gameboy Advance so you would assume the graphics are pretty good, and for the most part they are. It's just that sometimes again special graphic effects don't match. This is one of the game's redeeming aspects though. The animation of your opponents isn't too good either. I mean, okay, there's so much you can do with a spike on legs but I think that Nintendo could have been a bit more creative here. The Koopa Troopas are also another fine example of bad animation. I mean, go play Super Mario World. Look at their animations. Compared to that, this Koopa Troopa is just...bleh.

8/10

Game play:
The game play is great! I love being able to bash around enemies. One of the coolest things is when you flip and enemy over and send it whizzing through the whole arena.
The levels do differ in difficulty but as you progress further the levels get easier...then harder. There are ways to gain lives which means it's game over when you die. But that's what you had expected from an arcade game eh? Something I don't suggest is having your friend watch as you play. This is one of those games that's only fun to that player. Overall though, game play is the best aspect.

10/10

Replay Value:
It's an arcade game for crying out loud! Like I said earlier, you play until you die. As with most ''Game & Watch'' Type games you can NEVER get tired. The same hold's true with this game. The satisfaction of stomping a Koopa Troopa is never outdone by ANY of the other Mario titles out today.

8/10

Overall, the game scores pretty high. There are some limiting factors that don't make this game perfect, but don't let that stop you from playing it! Well, what are you waiting for? Get the game for E-reader now!

FINAL SCORE:8/10