Review of the Month
Each month, GameFAQs will select up to five newly contributed Reviews each as the "Review of the Month". The author of each Review will receive a $30 gift certificate to an online retail store.
Reviews are selected based on their content and quality. Emphasis will be placed on being one of the first reviews for a game, proper grammar and spelling, review format and length, and reviews for currently available titles. Only completely new reviews submitted during the contest month will be considered.
To enter a contributed review for the contest, use the Contributor Contest Entry form.
Review of the Month: April 2013
Review of the Month: March 2013
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) by deadrising427
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (3DS) by discoinferno84
- Tomb Raider (PS3) by NettoSaito
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) by Kashell Triumph
- Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC) by Taenju
Review of the Month: February 2013
Review of the Month: January 2013
Review of the Month: December 2012
Review of the Month: November 2012
Review of the Month: October 2012
Review of the Month: September 2012
Review of the Month: August 2012
Review of the Month: July 2012
Review of the Month: June 2012
Review of the Month: May 2012
Review of the Month: April 2012
Review of the Month: March 2012
- Mass Effect 3 (PS3) by Kayos90
- Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai (3DS) by ACSeraph
- Mario Party 9 (WII) by super_luigi16
- The Last Story (WII) by Archmonk Iga
- Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) by GeekyTikki96
Review of the Month: February 2012
Review of the Month: January 2012
Review of the Month: December 2011
Review of the Month: November 2011
Review of the Month: October 2011
Review of the Month: September 2011
Review of the Month: August 2011
Review of the Month: July 2011
Review of the Month: June 2011
Review of the Month: May 2011
Review of the Month: April 2011
Review of the Month: March 2011
Review of the Month: February 2011
Review of the Month: January 2011
Review of the Month: December 2010
- Disney Epic Mickey (WII) by HailToTheGun
- Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (DS) by MJEmirzian
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (PC) by UltimaZER0
- Disney Epic Mickey (WII) by discoinferno84
- Splatterhouse (X360) by Heretic9
Review of the Month: November 2010
Review of the Month: October 2010
Review of the Month: September 2010
Review of the Month: August 2010
Review of the Month: July 2010
Review of the Month: June 2010
Review of the Month: May 2010
- Lost Planet 2 (X360) by Xys` Tel Unaki
- Alan Wake (X360) by SolidFantasy
- Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City (PS3) by CrimsonGear80
- Red Dead Redemption (PS3) by mriswith911
- NIER (X360) by Belgarion777
Review of the Month: April 2010
Review of the Month: March 2010
Review of the Month: February 2010
Review of the Month: January 2010
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (WII) by FeralBerserker
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (WII) by nintendosega
- Record of Agarest War (PS3) by Cyril
- Divinity II: Ego Draconis (X360) by CyhortI82
- Mass Effect 2 (PC) by Mwulf
Review of the Month: December 2009
Review of the Month: November 2009
Review of the Month: October 2009
Review of the Month: September 2009
Review of the Month: August 2009
Review of the Month: July 2009
Review of the Month: June 2009
Review of the Month: May 2009
Review of the Month: April 2009
- Excitebots: Trick Racing (WII) by SuperPhillip
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS) by Tranzience
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (X360) by horror_spooky
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (PS3) by CrimsonGear80
- The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (PS2) by YanDaMan263
Review of the Month: March 2009
Review of the Month: February 2009
Review of the Month: January 2009
Review of the Month: December 2008
Review of the Month: November 2008
Review of the Month: October 2008
Review of the Month: September 2008
Review of the Month: August 2008
Review of the Month: July 2008
- Gundam Battle Universe (PSP) by Mwulf
- SoulCalibur IV (PS3) by darkknight109
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS) by Darksun45230
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (DS) by Pikachu1918
- Secret Agent Clank (PSP) by CrimsonGear80
Review of the Month: June 2008
- Oneesan to Issho! Janken Paradise (3DO) by Arguro
- Ninja Gaiden II (X360) by Galactus21
- Mass Effect (PC) by Relle
- Wii Fit (WII) by Chaotic_Fusion
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (X360) by DandyQuackShot
Review of the Month: May 2008
- echochrome (PS3) by Mwulf
- Haze (PS3) by Omegaforce725
- Baroque (PS2) by Kashell Triumph
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (WII) by Tahngarthor
- SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (PS2) by discoinferno84
Review of the Month: April 2008
Review of the Month: March 2008
Review of the Month: February 2008
Review of the Month: January 2008
Review of the Month: December 2007
Review of the Month: November 2007
Review of the Month: October 2007
Review of the Month: September 2007
Review of the Month: August 2007
Review of the Month: July 2007
Review of the Month: June 2007
Review of the Month: May 2007
Review of the Month: April 2007
Review of the Month: March 2007
Review of the Month: February 2007
Review of the Month: January 2007
Review of the Month: December 2006
Review of the Month: November 2006
Review of the Month: October 2006
Review of the Month: September 2006
Review of the Month: August 2006
Review of the Month: July 2006
Review of the Month: June 2006
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2) by Black Rabite
- Might and Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen (PC) by ASchultz
- Romancing Sa-Ga (SNES) by TheSpelunker
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) by Joe the Destroyer
- Big Brain Academy (DS) by clarkisdark
Review of the Month: May 2006
Review of the Month: April 2006
- Nobunaga no Yabou: Soutensoku (PC) by IKelley
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho Dai-San-Tama (GB) by burgerballa
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (XBOX) by zyxomma100
- Shadow Hearts: From the New World (PS2) by wannabepunktony
- Tales of Symphonia (GC) by Rememberance
Review of the Month: March 2006
Review of the Month: February 2006
Review of the Month: January 2006
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) by Sir Chris
- Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (XBOX) by MSuskie
- Wild Arms Alter Code: F (PS2) by DavidK519
- Dead or Alive 4 (X360) by Galactus21
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (XBOX) by Evil Dave
Review of the Month: December 2005
Review of the Month: November 2005
Review of the Month: October 2005
- 3 Ninjas Kick Back (GEN) by EmP
- Lunar: Dragon Song (DS) by GhaleonOne
- Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars (PC) by grasu
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (XBOX) by Genjuro Kibagami
- SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS2) by Evil Dave
Review of the Month: September 2005
Review of the Month: August 2005
Review of the Month: July 2005
Review of the Month: June 2005
- Advent Rising (XBOX) by Clown Sana
- Spider-Man 2 (PS2) by lasthero
- Destroy All Humans! (XBOX) by DjSkittles
- Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2) by Masamune167
- Ganbare Goemon: Toukai Douchuu Ooedo Tengurigaeshi no Maki (DS) by Ashley Winchester
Review of the Month: May 2005
Review of the Month: April 2005
Review of the Month: March 2005
Review of the Month: February 2005
Review of the Month: January 2005
Review of the Month: December 2004
- WarioWare: Touched! (DS) by Ashley Winchester
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2) by El Greco
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (GC) by WishingTikal
- Growlanser Generations (PS2) by illogicaljoker
- ActRaiser 2 (SNES) by Overdrive
Review of the Month: November 2004
Review of the Month: October 2004
Review of the Month: September 2004
Review of the Month: August 2004
Review of the Month: July 2004
Review of the Month: June 2004
Review of the Month: May 2004
Review of the Month: April 2004
Review of the Month: March 2004
June 2002 (through April 2001 as Review of the Week)
GameFAQs Review of the Month Contest
Sponsored by: CNET Networks, Inc., 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105 (referred to herein as "CNET" or "Sponsor").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
The GameFAQs Review of the Month Contest (the "Contest") is a rolling contest that begins at 7:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on the first day of each month and ends at 7:00 pm PT on the 10th day of the following month (the "Entry Period").
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (except Arizona), the District of Columbia and Canada (except within the province of Quebec) who are at least 13 years of age or older as of a Contestís start date. Employees of Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and those living the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void in Arizona, the province of Quebec, and outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entrants under the age of 18 or those considered a minor in their state/province of residence must have their parentís permission before entering.
2. During the Entry Period, to enter, complete and submit the online entry form located at http://www.gamefaqs.com/contribute/submit_entry.php . The entry consists of a review submitted on the GameFAQs site during the month the Contest is opened (the "Entry"). You must submit the Entry no later than 7:00 pm PT on the tenth day of the following month in order to be considered eligible for the previous monthís Contest. All parts of the Entry must be submitted as described herein or your entire Entry will be void. Entries submitted via any other method will be void. Limit one (1) Entry per person/household/e-mail address. Multiple Entries will be void. Use of any automated or programmed entry method or any false e-mail account will void all Entries made by that entrant. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant and must be exclusively owned by the entrant prior to entry. Entry must not have been submitted in any other competition or previously published. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsorís image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any personís personal or proprietary rights. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. One winning Entry will be chosen by a panel of qualified judges on or around the 20th day of each month for the previous monthís Contest based equally on the following criteria: the quality, relevance, and depth of the review. The judgesí decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
4. The Prize to be awarded from the Contest is as follows:
From One (1) to Five (5) Prizes: An online retail store gift certificate with an approximate retail value of $30.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $30 to $150.
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. 1099 tax statements will be filed with the IRS for the any winner whose prize value exceeds $600. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value.
5. The winner will be notified by mail or telephone at the email address or telephone number provided with his/her Entry. To claim their prize, winners (or their parent or legal guardian if a minor in their state of residence) must complete the Affidavit and General Release and, if applicable, the W-9 form sent to winner by Sponsor within fifteen days of attempted notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible and/or fails to respond to return the Affidavit and General Release and, if applicable, the W-9 form within the designated time period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible Entries. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated Entries will be accepted. Sponsor is not required to choose a winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winnerís consent to have his or her name released in a winnerís list which will be made available to the public.
6. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its designees may use his or her name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and media now or hereafter known (including the right to post Entry on CNETís websites) without further compensation or notification. Neither Sponsor, nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, or the respective officers, directors, employees or agents of the forgoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") are responsible for (i) any injury, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance, possession or use of the any prize; or (ii) any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and judge entries from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CNET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. By submitting a Entry, each entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the Entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit all elements of such entry in any and all media now known or not currently known (including the right to post Entry on Sponsorís website), without compensation to entrant or any third party and without limitation to time or territory. The Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, copy, disseminate, post or dispose of any Entry, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media for advertising and promotional or other purposes without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
9. Winners Names: For the names of the winners, available after the 20th of the month following the Contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GameFAQs Review of the Month Contest Winners Names for (month and year), CNET Networks, Inc. 235 Second Street, San Francisco, to be received within two weeks of the award of the prizes. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.