Why was my message board account banned?
Message board accounts are banned for one of several specific reasons:
- You received a moderation with a karma score of less than zero
- You committed one or more severe Message Board TOS violations
- You abused message board, contribution, feedback, or other site forms (submitting plagiarized material, form flooding, abuse of mods/admins, etc)
- You share a computer or an account with someone who was banned for one of the above reasons.
- You admitted (or falsely claimed) in a post that you are under 13 years of age.
- You were banned from GameSpot.
If you were banned because you share a computer or account with a banned user, then bear in mind that it is completely impossible for GameFAQs to distinguish one person from another using the same computer. This is clearly stated in the TOS and in several other places - Don't share your computer and don't share your account with anyone you don't completely trust.
If you were banned for being underage but aren't really under 13, then this is the only situation in which it is possible for your account to be restored - see this form for more information.
If you were improperly banned from GameSpot, your GameFAQs account will be banned as well. If your GameSpot ban is overturned, your GameFAQs account ban may be overturned as well. See this form for more information.
In all other circumstances, bans are final and permanent. We do not accept feedback concerning your banned account.