What kinds of save games does GameFAQs accept?
GameFAQs accepts original (i.e. your own) saved games for:
- Dreamcast - DCI and VMS memory card saves only. DCI files require a memory link; VMS files can be mailed directly from the Dreamcast.
- GameBoy Advance - GameShark or Pro Action Replay format saves only.
- GameCube - USB Adapter (.GCI) or GameShark format saves only.
- Nintendo 64 - DexDrive (.N64) format saves only. Requires a DexDrive.
- PlayStation - DexDrive (.PSX) format saves only. Requires a DexDrive.
- PlayStation2 - X-Port, SharkPort, MAX Drive format saves only.
- Xbox - Pro Action Replay or GameShark format saves only.
- PSP - ZIPped save file directories only.
Why doesn't GameFAQs accept other kinds of game saves?
There are no well-supported save-game download systems for other console formats yet. We don't accept emulation save states for legal reasons, and PC game saves are often enormous, difficult to use, incompatible from one verion of the software to the next, and capable of being used as trojan horses.
How do I get a game save onto my computer?
For the most part, you will need an external device that links your computer to either the game console (such as the SharkPort) or a device that can read game saves off of a memory card or cartridge (such as the DexDrive). Various companies sell these devices in different countries; consult your local game store for more information.
How do I submit game saves to GameFAQs?
GameFAQs accepts game saves only through the online form at Contributor Central. We no longer accept e-mailed saves.