GameFAQs Help: FAQs and Guides
What do all the fields mean on the FAQs & Guides pages?
- (JIS) - Denotes a text file in Shift-JIS format for Japanese text. Most current web browsers automatically will show the text with Japanese characters; see your own browser's help file for more information.
- (EUC) - Denotes a text file in EUC format for Japanese text. Most current web browsers automatically will show the text with Japanese characters; see your own browser's help file for more information.
- (GB2312) - Denotes a text file in GB2312 format for Chinese text. Most current web browsers automatically will show the text with Japanese characters; see your own browser's help file for more information.
- (ZIP) - Denotes a compressed file in ZIP format. Your computer probably already has a program to decompress ZIP files, but if not, a program like WinZip or StuffIt Expander is what you need.
- (JPG), (GIF), (PNG) - Image files in JPEG, GIF, and PNG formats, respectively. Most modern browsers should be able to display all three without any problems.
The next field is the date the file was written and/or submitted to the site, the next field is the author (with a link to that person's Contributor Page), then comes the version number (if it exists), the file's size, and a link to rate the file.
What do the symbols next to some FAQs mean?
- A hollow dot () denotes a FAQ that covers general points of a game (hints and tips, basic strategy), but is not a walkthrough or beginning-to-end guide.
- A partially filled dot () denotes a FAQ that contains a partial guide for game, but it does not cover the entire game beginning-to-end.
- A filled dot () denotes a FAQ that either covers as much of a game as is possible, or contains a full beginning-to-end walkthrough.
- A star () denotes a FAQ that is user recommended.
Why don't you have a FAQ for (insert game here)?
How do you get FAQs and Guides for games that aren't even out yet?
After I rate a FAQ, what happens to that rating?
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.