GameFAQs Help: About the Site
Who owns and operates GameFAQs?
The founder and original owner of GameFAQs is Jeff "CJayC" Veasey, who has since retired from operating the site. Allen "SBAllen" Tyner is currently the only full-time operator of the site and is responsible for all editoral decisions on the site, as well as a good portion of the site's design and coding. Data, technical, and design assistance, as well as all sales and marketing, are provided from GameSpot and CNET Networks Entertainment staff.
The FAQs, guides, saves, cheats, reviews, and all of our core content is provided by our users; any user can contribute to GameFAQs, and over 45,000 users have done so to make the site what it is today.
Why does the logo at the top of the screen say "GameSpot: GameFAQs"?
When did GameFAQs start?
How closely integrated is GameFAQs with CNET and GameSpot?
Can I get a job at GameFAQs?
How can I advertise on GameFAQs?
What should I do with problems and/or concerns?
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.