GameFAQs Help: Screenshots
What types of screenshots does GameFAQs accept?
- All screenshots must be taken by the contributor submitting them. Images should not come from other sites.
- Screenshots should be taken using direct capture methods, such as a video capture card or video capture software. Photos of screenshots will almost never be posted.
- Screenshots can be taken using an emulator provided that the quality of the image is not compromised in any way by the emulator.
- All screenshots should be free of watermarks or other added identifiers.
- While GameFAQs does provide coverage of many games with offensive content, GameFAQs will not post any "not safe for work" images including excessive sexual content or extreme violence.
- Screenshots should only be submitted for games with an existing gamespace on GameFAQs. If the release doesn't currently exist in the database, you should submit the game information first before submitting the screenshots.
- Screenshots are considered Fair Use of copyrighted material. Once they are posted they generally will not be removed. You will be credited for your submissions.
How do I submit a Screenshot to GameFAQs?
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.