What is GameFAQs Answers?
GameFAQs Answers is a custom question and answer platform for every single game covered on GameFAQs. It allows users to ask and answer questions about specific games, and vote on the best answers for those questions.
What do I need to ask or answer questions?
In order to ask, answer, or vote on questions, you need a GameFAQs account. Registration is free, and just requires a valid email address.
How do I ask a question?
To ask a question, you first must be logged in to a GameFAQs account. Once logged in, just pick the game you have a question about, click on the "Answers" tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page to Ask a Question about that game. You must select a question type, enter the question, then provide detail about the question.
After submitting your question, you'll be presented with a preview of your question, and sometimes a list of possible matching questions that have already been asked, so make sure someone else hasn't already asked that same question. If not, then go ahead and click the "Post This Question" button to ask everybody else for help.
What do I do once I've asked a question?
Once you've asked a question, don't forget to check back to see if someone has answered it. Once you've gotten what you feel is the right answer, you can Accept that answer, marking it as the right answer for your question.
How do I answer a question?
To answer someone else's question, just click on that question to read it and any previously submitted answers. If you are logged in and the question has not yet been marked as answered, then you should see a box that will allow you to "Respond to this Question". Select the message type (you can also ask for clarification), then enter your answer and submit it with the "Post A Message" button.
How do I report a question or answer that isn't right or breaks the rules?
To report a question or answer that breaks the rules (is a joke, offensive, spamming, or not about the game), just click the "Report Abuse" link for that particular question or answer, then fill out the form on the next page. Make sure you select a valid reason, and provide as much detail as possible in order to ensure the moderators know why you're reporting it.
When are questions automatically closed?
Questions can be automatically closed as soon as seven days after they are opened, depending on how many votes that question's answers have received. If you have asked a question but feel that none of the answers apply to your question, voting against them will prevent the question from being closed too early.
What are the Answers levels and what do they mean?
There are various Answers levels that determine how many questions and answers you can give at one time. This is done to prevent abuse and flooding of the answers system. The default Answers level is "Bronze", and there are 14 different levels in all. Your Answers score which determines your level is hidden from view. It is based on how frequently you use the system, either by asking new questions or answering other user's questions, having your answers accepted by other users, and avoiding having your questions and answers flagged for moderation.
- Banned - No further access to system allowed
- Rust - No open questions allowed, can give 1 answer per day
- Iron - 1 open question allowed, can give 5 answers per day
- Steel - 3 open questions allowed, can give 10 answers per day
- Bronze - 5 open questions allowed, can give 15 answers per day
- Silver - 10 open questions allowed, can give 25 answers per day
- Gold - 25 open questions allowed, can give 50 answers per day
- Platinum - 50 open questions allowed, can give 100 answers per day
- Titanium - 100 open questions allowed, can give 200 answers per day
- Uranium - 100 open questions allowed, can give 500 answers per day
- Plutonium - 100 open questions allowed, can give 500 answers per day
- Infinitum - 100 open questions allowed, can give 500 answers per day
- Absurdium - 100 open questions allowed, can give 500 answers per day
- Insanium - 100 open questions allowed, can give 500 answers per day
How can I find more questions to answer?
You can visit the Answers Home Page to find a list of the most popular open questions and games, as well as browse and search for all games with open questions. If you have entered your video game collection into My Games, you will also see a list of games you own or have played with open questions.