GameFAQs Help: My Games
What is My Games?
My Games is a game tracking system on GameFAQs that allows you to track games you're playing, games that you own, and games that you've beaten. You can also rate games, and get emails or private messages when new FAQs or codes are posted for a game.
My Games was re-launched on August 22nd, 2011, with a new graphic interface and additional options for tracking play time and difficulty.
How do I add games to my collection?
How do I quickly add all my games to my collection?
You can use the Collection Builder, available from the main My Games tab at the top of the page. The Collection Builder allows you to go step-by-step, first by adding every game you've ever played or owned, then rating all of the other options available for each of those games one at a time.
The Collection Builder also includes the Import Tool, which allows you to add in a typed list of games from other sources to your collection.
What is the "Now Playing" list?
What is my "Hot List"?
What is my "Wish List"?
Why are certain options only available if I've played, owned, or beaten a game?
- If you've "Never Owned" or played a game, no other rating options are available to you, although you can always track it or add it to your Hot List or Wish List.
- If you've at least Played a game, you can mark your completion status ("Beaten It?"), give it a rating, and add it to your Now Playing list. If you give a game a rating from any other game page, it's automatically set to "Played It" - you cannot rate games you haven't marked as having played.
- If you own a Digital or Retail copy of a game, you can no longer add it to your Wish List.
- If you own a Retail copy of a game, you can select which release you own.
- If you've "Played It", played a game long enough to get a feel for it, you can rate how difficult it was.
- If you've Beaten or Conquered a game, you can select how long it took you to beat the game.
What about MMOs, since you can't "Beat" an MMORPG?
What about games that don't have an ending?
What do the "Beaten It" icons mean?
Why is it that when I rate a game, my "Own It" status is set to "Played It"?
What My Games information is shared with other people or third parties?
All My Games data is anonymously correlated and summarized to provide public data for the "Also Playing", "Collection Stats" and "Top Games" lists.
By default, your My Games collection is available to other users for viewing. They can see the games you've played, beaten, own, loved (rated 4 or more hearts), or hated (rated 2 or fewer stars). Additionally, your collection will be compared to those of others for the "Kindred Spirits" section. To change this setting, you can visit the My Games Settings page and change your privacy settings there.
We may also provide anonymously correlated data to third parties for marketing and research purposes. This data would not be associated with your account, but rather tallied up from all My Games users. If you have set your profile to be private, no personal information about your collection will be shared with anybody else.
I lost some of my old data when moving to the new system - can I get it back?
How do I undo a game's ratings that I've given it?
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.