GameFAQs Help: Account Issues
I believe someone else is using my account, what can I do?
If you are still logged in to the account, the very first thing you should do is change your password. Since most accounts are compromised through password resets sent to a compromised email account, you should also take immediate steps to secure your email, and you may also want to change it to a more secure address as well.
You then should fill out the Lost Account Feedback form in order to request your account be locked down and re-secured. Even if you believe you have secured your account back from the hacker, you should still fill out a feedback form, as your account may still be vulnerable until your old login cookies are invalidated.
Can I change my account name?
Can I re-use an email address I'm using with an old account?
How do I delete my account?
- To remove your contributions from GameFAQs, you can simply visit the Contributor Central and go to "Request Contribution Removal". Note that you can only remove your copyrighted content - things that you cannot copyright (cheats, images, data) cannot be removed. If you do not want your name or alias associated with these other contributions, you can fill out a contributor Feedback form and ask that your contributions be anonymized.
- To remove your personally identifiable information from GameFAQs, you can Modify Your Personal Profile and change any identifiable information there. You still must leave something in the fields, but it does not have to be genuine. You might also want to remove anything you've publicly listed in your Message Board Profile or Contact Information, as well as any information you've posted on your Contributor Page.
- To remove your message board posts, you can simply visit each of your posts and delete them. If you have an archived post which contains personal information that you are no longer able to delete, you may fill out this Feedback form.
- To close your message board account, simply fill out this Feedback form.
- To completely delete your account, once your message board account has been closed for 30 days, you may request that your account be deleted with this Feedback form.
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.