GameFAQs Help: Errors, Problems, and Pop-Up Ads
I clicked on a link and got an error message. What do I do?
If you received a "404 - Page Not Found" error, the message is automatically forwarded to an administrator to determine the nature of it, but you can report the message if you see it for more than one day.
If you see other strange error messages and can't access pages on the site for an extended period of time, you may want to try to access GameFAQs using another computer or Internet connection; the root cause of the problem may be on your end, and there may be nothing we can do about it. If you encounter the same problem from multiple computers, the problem is likely on our end, but in those cases, we very probably already know about it and are working to correct it as quickly as possible.
I tried to go to GameFAQs, but instead of this site I got a porn site. What happened?
When I visit GameFAQs, I get pop-up advertising. Why are you using pop-ups?
- We don't run pop-up or pop-under window ads. Pop-ups and pop-unders are displayed in a separate browser window, and remain open even if you close your browser. If you're seeing these kinds of ads on GameFAQs, your computer may be infected with adware of some type.
- We do sometimes run "eyeblaster" ads using Flash. While people sometimes call these ads "pop-ups" or "pop-overs", they do not pop-up in a separate browser window, but instead are displayed in the window you're using. We make it a point to run very few of these types of ads, and you should never receive more than one of a single ad type in any given day. If you're seeing these on every page or seeing the same ad more than once a day, then you may be blocking our ad server cookies.
- We will occasionally run a pop-up survey, in which you'll randomly be selected and asked to take a demographic survey for CNET in return for entry into a prize drawing or something similar. These surveys are clearly marked as coming from us, and you should never see these more than once per run (every few months or so).
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.