Last Updated: December 12, 2011
1. Some General Rules
- We reserve the right to remove, at any time and without notice, any content from the Service.
- You must read and follow the Board Etiquette and any stickied forum rules threads at the top of each forum in which you post.
- Refrain from using inappropriate language, including language that may look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate profanity, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances or illegal activities.
- You must be at least 13 years old to register for the Service. We do not knowingly collect any information from any users under 13 years of age, and if it is found that an underage user has fraudulently registered, their account will be blocked from using the site any further.
- Cheating of any kind (including by exploiting any bug or error) is expressly prohibited, this includes exploiting any deficiency in our code or design, or in the code or design of any third party product or service used in connection with the Service, to gain an unfair advantage or to gain unearned or unauthorized privileges, access or abilities not clearly intended by the product's design. Communicating information about such activities to others will also be considered cheating.
- We reserve the right to contact your ISP regarding any inappropriate activities by you on the Service.
- Your subscription to the Service is intended for your individual and personal use only. You may not share, license, sub-license, sub-lease, parse, pass-on or in any other way attempt to share, extend or monetize your access to the Service.
2. Protection of Your Password; Unauthorized Access
Users are solely responsible for protecting their accounts from access by others. You are strongly encouraged to select a hard-to-guess password and not re-use that password on any other sites where it may be read by the owners or administrators of that site. Accessing or attempting to access any user account not belonging to you without permission is prohibited. Accessing another user's account in this manner is grounds for a permanent ban of all accounts from the site.
3. Registration Requirements
In order to post messages on our message boards, view boards with level restrictions, and use other advanced services, you must register using a valid e-mail address and follow all required registration confirmation procedures. No posting privileges will be granted until the account is fully activated.
4. Community Rules
The following conduct is not allowed on the Service unless otherwise noted. The decision to moderate such conduct will be made at the sole discretion of the site moderators and administrators.
- Illegal Activity: Communications that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to asking for or providing illegal copies of copyrighted software; methods of circumventing copyright protection; or illegal copies of all types of media. Acts of wagering money or items of material value on an uncertain outcome with the intent of winning additional money and or material goods is strictly prohibited.
- Offensive Material: Users may not transmit or encourage others to transmit material or links to content considered patently offensive in nature. This includes, but is not limited to, using vulgar, profane, or sexually explicit language in reference to race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, disability, nationality, or gender as a means of insult; violent material; using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libelous language; and posting, requesting, linking to, or otherwise sharing material considered pornographic, obscene, graphic, or hate speech. Failing to abide by a warning that material or terms are offensive or prohibited is a violation.
- Flooding, Invading, Disruptive Behavior: Behavior that disrupts the Service for other users, intentional or not, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages; "rick rolls" (posting misleading or disruptive links); posting identical or near-identical messages or topics; or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics. Flooding a board as a group with topics or messages; instigating, participating in, or retaliating in an invasion of a message board or any other online service; announcing or inciting a "war" or any conflict with the regular members of another board. Posting a link to a third-party site where an invasion is even remotely will be considered an invasion.
- Plot Spoilers: Posting critical plot details about games, movies, time-delayed broadcast events, or other media in the title of a topic or in a message without a clear notice is prohibited. The decision to moderate such content will be made at the sole discretion of the site administrators.
- Impersonation: Impersonating other users by creating and/or using a user account with a name clearly intended to impersonate, mock, or antagonize another user, copying another user's profile information and/or signature, or otherwise falsely claiming to be another member is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment/Stalking/Privacy: Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group by another individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the Service, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats, is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person (Service user or not) is also prohibited.
5. Multiple Accounts
6. Violations and Penalties
Messages and topics may be removed at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of our editors and designated moderators. User accounts may be warned, suspended, or revoked at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of our editors and our designated moderators. All determinations of what is "acceptable" and "unacceptable" content will be determined solely by our editors and moderators.
Intentional, repeated, or severe violations are cause for the banning of your account, all use of the boards from your IP address or your entire ISP. In such event, we also reserve the right to contact your ISP concerning your activities.
7. Contacting You
We may contact you via e-mail or postal mail to provide you with information about the Service or your account or to provide you with information about special offers available only to Service subscribers.
8. No Warranty; Limitation of Liability
The Service, any software we may provide for the purpose of interacting with the Service (the "Software") and all related documentation are being provided to you "as is" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the Software or on Service will meet your requirements. We do not warrant that the Service or the Software will be uninterrupted, error free or free of viruses or other harmful components. We are not responsible for content posted by our users. No oral or written information or advice given by us or any of our authorized representatives shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. The above exclusions will not apply in any jurisdiction that does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL GAMESPOT, CBS INTERACTIVE, ANY PARTNER OF CBS INTERACTIVE THAT MAY BE INVOLVED IN THE DISTRIBUTION OR PROVISION OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICE, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, LICENSEES, SUBLICENSEE OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES. THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL NOT APPLY IN ANY JURISDICTION THAT DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
Also on GameFAQs...
- Help - Answers to the most commonly asked questions about GameFAQs.
- Answers - Give or get help with other users for your favorite games.
- Contribute - Contribute your own FAQs, game data, reviews, images, and much more.
- FAQ Bounty - Write a FAQ for a Most Wanted game, get a gift certificate.
- Game Companies - A list of all the companies that have developed and published games.
- Game Credits - A list of all the people and groups credited for all the games we know of.
- Most Wanted - The Top 100 popular games without full FAQs on GameFAQs.
- My Games - Build your game collection, track and rate games.
- Top 100 - The Top 100 most popular games on GameFAQs today.
- What's New - New games, FAQs, reviews, and more.