Question from graydonmoney

What's this mew glitch?

What's this Mew glitch I keep hearing about? Please go into detail, as I will probably do it. Thanks!

graydonmoney provided additional details:

So it's not worth doing?

pokedude7 answered:

You can use a wild pokemon for it (you can get more Eevees this way). You'll just have to use a trainer to unlock the Start Menu, though. To get more Eevee's or other pokemon:

1. Have a pokemon with the Special you need for the pokemon you want.

2. Start the Mew Glitch and fight a trainer.

3. Find a Ditto and let it transform into the pokemon that has the needed Special.

4. Catch, defeat, or run away from Ditto.

5. Return to the Route where you started the Glitch, catch the pokemon that pops up.

The game only freezes up if you use the glitch to encounter MissingNo./'M'.
2 0

Answers

most_games_r_ok answered:

From what I recall it is a glitch that lets you capture any pokemon you want based on the special of the last pokemon you fought, though I think it must be a trainer battle. When walking come across a trainer that will still notice you from the bottom of the screen, it is possible to open the start menu and Fly/Telport. The trainer will still register your presence and attempt to walk over to your before you disappear. After this fight a battle with a trainer who's pokemon has a special stat that corresponds to which pokemon will apear when you return to the area that you teleported/flew from. I think this is how it works, though it does sometimes have a tendency to freeze the game and corrupt the save file.
0 0