Question from vanessers9

Does Metapod ever get an attack move?

I caught a level 4 Metapod (nicknamed: Equius) and I've been leveling it up, and right now it's at level 8. I'm starting to wonder if Equius ever WILL learn an attack move or if the only thing it'll ever be able to do is Harden. I'd like to know if it doesn't so that I won't waste my time leveling it up for nothing.

pokedude7 answered:

Metapod and Kakuna will never learn a move other than Harden. If you wish for them to have an attack move, evolve them from Caterpie & Weedle respectively. In Yellow, when Metapod hits level 10 and evolves into Butterfree, it learns Confusion.
2 0

Answers

Hydreigon635 answered:

No. Metapod will know only Harden if it was caught as a Metapod. (which yours clearly is) If it evolved from Caterpie it should also know Tackle and String Shot. From Yellow onward it will learn Confusion upon evolution into Butterfree. Also, in Platinum onward it can learn Bug Bite from a tutor, and can learn Electroweb in Black and White 2 onwards iirc. But Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, and Cascoon all will never learn an attack move by any means other than tutors and prevos.
0 0