Question from staples91

999x Rare Candies?

I remember I once bought Yellow Version and it had a saved file in there with 999x Rare Candies. Is there a possible way i can have 999x Rare Candies in this game? Is there any cheats at all for this? (Other than the ones now.)

staples91 provided additional details:

My bad i meant x99 and i thought you couldn't see or catch a MissingNo in this game......

mtorsiello answered:

The counter doesn't go over 99x without messing up, so it is impossible that it would say "Rare Candy x999"

However, if you look at the glitch guide or MissingNo. FAQ, you can increase the item in your sixth slot by 127.
3 1

Answers

icantfindname answered:

Sorry, but in yellow, the mew glitch and the massingo glitch do not work. nintendo fixed these glitches when they released yellow. The glitches will work in red and blue though.
0 3

Gunbladelad answered:

The Mew Glitch DOES work in Yellow - I've used it myself many times.

There are a couple of "Missingno" that don't freeze Yellow, and those can be utilised for item duplication. However, there is a very small chance that Missingno can render a cartridge rendered unusable. There's a FAQ on "The Mew Glitch" that gives plenty of details, and using the Ditto glitch mentioned in it, can get you any Pokemon you want.

To get the "Modifier" value for the Pokemon you want, find any R/B/Y Gameshark Pokemon modifier list. Take the 2-digit modifier code, and enter it into the Windows Calculator, using Scientific mode & the "Hex" button selected. Now press "Dec" and you'll have an instant conversion.
1 0