Review by Terran

"Merely a version 1.1 of Pokemon Red and Blue."

After waiting a full two months after it was suppose to be released I finally got the Pokemon Yellow version. In order to get to the store to buy the game I had to give about 15 minutes of my time getting there. Let me tell you, this game wasn't worth the 15 minutes it took to get there. It's not that the game is bad, but for someone who has already gotten Pokemon Red or Blue versions, they're basicly buying the same game again.

The Pokemon Yellow version game has acouple add-ons. The big one being, ofcourse, the fact that you get to have Pikachu as your starting Pokemon. There are also one or two new villians and acouple of peoples Pokemon changed a bit. Other then that, same old, same old. If you hadn't played the original Pokemon versions, however, then this game would be a little more enjoyable. Although, alot of the game is wasted having to train your Pokemon, while, fun at first gets very boring later in the game.

The graphics are about as 2D as you can get but that also has to do with the gameboy system in which the standerd for graphics is lower then for Playstation and N64. There's nothing wrong with the graphics though, nothing that will make you wanna just through out the game because of the graphics at least.

Re-playability 4/10
After you beat the game you can train your Pokemon, and, if you want may compete in various Pokemon tornoments that may be in your area. But as for the game it's self? There's really nothing specail when you beat the game, nor is there any good reason for you to want to play the game again, in my opinion.

Control: 7/10
The control of this game is relitively good. It doesn't take you too long to get a feel for the control and you should be able to have no problem finding out what to do on your own. It may even be too easy ... with the control as simple as it is it takes the chalange out of the game, at very least a bit.

You may talk to Pikachu throughout the game. That's about all there is in terms of decent sounds. The music is the same as it was in prevouis versions and the sounds are slightly repetive and not very effective. Honestly, when playing this game I would just mute the sound, it makes the game more enjoyable.

Specail Features: 3/10
This game doesn't have much in the way of specail features. It defently has some decent specail features throughout the game but nothing really big that's different then there was in Pokemon Red and Blue versions. Although, Pokemon is an orginal idea so you have to give them credit for that. Even though Pokemon Yellow is prity well just a copy off of Pokemon Red and Blue.

Overall I'd say that this game isn't worth buying. If you really want a Pokemon game I would recommend waiting intill the Pokemon Gold and Silver versions come out late in the year 2000.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 07/20/00, Updated 07/20/00