Review by XeroXtancy

"A Little Better then Red and Blue..."

As I found out after I bought the game, it's just the same as Red and Blue. Nothing has really change, it has the same Pokemons, the same Gym Leader, and mostly everything is the same! I don't think there should be another version since there is already 2 like it. After playing it, here's what I give it:

Gameplay 7/10
What's the difference? Everything is the same. The only thing that yellow has that no other version have is the different Pokemon you can catch. That's all. The gameplay is quite simple. If you watch the show you will know that you play the role of Ash. He is trying to get all gym badges to go the the Elite Four. In order to do so he has to capture different Pokemons, and train them to make them stronger. The gameplay will be addicting for a while but once you beat the game it will be very boring. As you can see the gameplay is the same as the Red and Blue version.

Difficulty 8/10
This game isn't as easy as it may seem. What's so hard about the game? Sometime a Gym Leader can be so hard that you will have to keep training your Pokemon or else you won't win. Some of the caves can also be hard. It will be very easy to get lost in one.

Graphics 5/10
The graphics is bad. Not just bad but really bad. As you may already know there is no color and the game isn't in 3D. But come on what can you expect from a Gameboy game.

Music/Sound Effects 9/10
I gonna admit the audio is okay. The music has a really catchy tune to it that will cheer you up even if you lose. As for the Sound Effects. Each Pokemon has its own sound effect, so you can identify it easier.

Controls 10/10
Finally a god thing about the game. The controls are not hard to learn and it very easy to use. You don't even have to read the instruction manual to learn all controls.

Buy/Rent
If you have watch the show and love it, you're gonna buy this game. But I would highly suggest that you rent it and try it out first before you buy it.

Overall 8/10
For a Pokemon game it isn't half bad. Sometime the gameplay will become so addicting that you're gonna want to play it again and again. But after a while it will be boring to have to replay it. Remember this is all in my opinion so you might think differently. Thanks for reading my review.

Overall
Graphics 5/10
Gameplay 7/10