Review by Andy007

"We don't really need another version"

We don't really need another Pokemon version, all that there should be is Gold/Silver and Red/Blue. There is no reason for a Pokemon Yellow because there are not new pokemon and the story is the same as Red/Blue, you play every single thing in Red/Blue in Yellow over and over again. But hey, it isn't bad. You could still try it.

Gameplay: 8/10 Somehow, I get bored from playing it 30 minutes straight, unlike other RPG's, I am not that addicted. to continuing on the game. The game doesn't have too much expanded stuff, but there is now that little mini Pikachu surfing game! Many rpg's have mini-games, I think Pokemon Yellow has shown some improvement. But training pokemon in fields takes forever for a pokemon to gain a level. I like beating the trainers though.

Sound/Audio: 9/10 I don't like some of the pokemon cries. The music is alright. That's all for this section.

Graphics: 8/10 The only thing I hate is some of the battle animation stinks, Gold/Silver has much better battle animation. But everything else looks alright to me.

Story: 10/10 Everyone wants to be the best in something right? Well, this game has a story like that, it is a good setting, the time is in about our time. I like how the story makes the gameplay and goals.

Replay: 7/10 I've started over 15 times already, I don't play it as much anymore, but I still try to get a good bench to beat all my friends. You'll probably restart a new game 3-6 times and then get bored. But if you don't have gameshark, you will restart more than 3-6 times to get 150 Pokemon.

Overall: 8/10 This game is better than average, it is not too bad. It is worth buying, but I have no idea why they made another american version. My friend hates pokemon, but he is addicted to the game since he borrowed it from my other friend. Don't think this is pokemon and it's for little kids. You'll get addicted. I know a guy who plays this game 3 hours a day.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/30/00, Updated 01/30/00